HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Tampa Bay Lightning
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Heatley/St. Louis

Closed Thread

Old
06-04-2010, 07:19 AM
Staalguy

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven93 View Post
If I were to deal St. Louis at this moment, I would not get a whiney ***** that will demand a trade cause one thing isn't perfect.

I would deal St. Louis to Colorado for Mueller and a 2-5th round pick
You must really like Muller(i also think he would do great in Tampa), this is the third or forth time i have seen you posting a trade involving muller, lol

Old
06-04-2010, 07:58 AM
Razzmatazz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gman View Post
I'm kinda of hoping meszaros stays for one more season just to see how he does with a different coach. He is still pretty young and the lightning have invested a lot of money in him.
Agreed. Phil Esposito thought a huge factor in Meszaros' struggles is that he's playing the wrong side on the defensive pairing. He is much younger than I think most people think, and his upside is waaaaaaay more than Murray's. I think Douglas Murray is one of the most overrated players in the league; sure he hits, but he also takes a ton of penalties, isn't that mobile, and just makes some stupid plays out there. Dan Boyle cleans up most of Murray's messes out there, so a lot of the garbage he does goes unnoticed. Tampa (ironically enough) doesn't have a Dan Boyle to compensate for a Baby Huey type player out on the ice.

Big, slow and ? vs. big, slow, and stupid...I'm at least going to give the ? a chance...other than Mike Lundin, most of the defenseman in Tocchet's system struggled, I don't think that was an area that he was very skilled at as a coach. For player development, it was glaringly obvious seeing as that Hedman didn't get the same preferential treatment towards his development that was allotted to Stamkos. I'm sure Yzerman has plans on having a coach or staff that will work on accelerating that kid's development, his potential is huge.

Last edited by Razzmatazz: 06-04-2010 at 08:07 AM.
Old
06-04-2010, 09:54 AM
Still All In
Plz stop pucks

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSampson View Post
I don't think I would consider Murray mobile, he's over 250 lbs despite what the NHL lists him as. I think he's awesome though, but I don't think I'd give Meszaros up for him quite yet.
If you compare him to Matt Walker hes a ******* cheeta.

Old
06-04-2010, 01:55 PM
TheDaysOf 04
For The Chief!

Yeah other than Hedman, Mez is the youngest defenseman, but at the same time has played more NHL regular season games than all of them except Ohlund. He's been in 2 olympics already and has played in 34 playoff games with the Sens. And we know of his character of getting hit with pucks up high and returning right back asap. Meszaros will be a valuable player for us if we make the playoffs.

I think the coaching staff did some things that was bad for him. First I'd take him off the point on the power play or atleast stop the umbrella and give him some help to his flank. His shot is good, but inaccurate and his puck handling is awful. Too many pkers took advantage of him 1-on-1. I think the number of partners he had wasn't helping either. Just like forwards need chemistry, so d pairs and other than Ohlund-Hedman and then Ohlund-Lundin, nothing was really concrete. Meszaros said he was good in Ottawa because he played all the time with just one guy. Hopefully Ranger comes back, because they seem to have something good together.

I'd give Mez another shot. He was definitively better in 08-09. The points weren't there but he was more of a force on the ice, from hitting to blocking shots. Hopefully a new coach can help him.

Old
06-13-2010, 01:55 AM
DarrylshutzSydor

honestly, the Bolts would be stupid to acquire Heatley, but if Marty really wants out.....Setoguchi and Couture for Marty might work out in Tampa's favor.

Closed Thread