HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Colorado Avalanche
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Your 2010-2011 Colorado Avalanche Team

Old
06-04-2010, 12:42 PM
maple8

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NWAvsFan View Post
At this point:

Quincey
Hannan
Liles
Cumiskey

Shatty is simply unproven and had a rough year in Boston for a rebuilding Terriers team. I think he will get every chance to make the team out of camp though. I am in wait and see mode.
The Terriers had a rough year, but it was a good year for Shattenkirk, personally.

maple8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-04-2010, 01:16 PM
NWAvsFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by maple8 View Post
The Terriers had a rough year, but it was a good year for Shattenkirk, personally.
Not sure what you are basing that on. His defensive play was pretty roundly criticized (and in the games I watched on TV it was very plainly evident) he scored one more point than last year (albeit in 5 less games) and his team really did not come together well. The situation was difficult to be sure but he did not excel in it so from my perspective it is hard to say he had a good year.

NWAvsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-04-2010, 01:28 PM
maple8

Quote:
Not sure what you are basing that on. His defensive play was pretty roundly criticized (and in the games I watched on TV it was very plainly evident) he scored one more point than last year (albeit in 5 less games) and his team really did not come together well. The situation was difficult to be sure but he did not excel in it so from my perspective it is hard to say he had a good year.
Fair enough, I guess he would probably say that it was a rough year too, in that playing on a team that doesn't do well, especially when you're the captain, is pretty rough. However, it's egregious to say that he had all-around poor year strictly as far as his personal performance is concerned.

maple8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-04-2010, 01:52 PM
NWAvsFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by maple8 View Post
Fair enough, I guess he would probably say that it was a rough year too, in that playing on a team that doesn't do well, especially when you're the captain, is pretty rough. However, it's egregious to say that he had all-around poor year strictly as far as his personal performance is concerned.
I don't know, I feel pretty comfortable saying it was a poor year. He is an offensive defenseman taken in the 1st round and has a blue chip prospect reputation. He was outscored by the less heralded Cohen (only by 1 point but with Cohen playing 2 fewer games) and had David Warsofsky nipping at his heels (4 less games). All that while his defensive game seemed to worsen. The expectations were certainly high on him and probably unfairly so. I think the year was somewhat of a waste for him. All that said I don't think his prospects have changed much if at all but I do think a lot of people have taken him from being a lock for a roster spot this coming year to more of a guy who is going to need to come into camp and prove last year was a fluke. If he can't do that he needs to go to the Lake for a while and get big minutes. I think that regardless of where he starts he will do better with the weight of that C off his chest. He still seems the type of player likely to have a letter at some point in his career and if all the above is true he will grow tremendously from last year's experience at least from a leadership perspective.

NWAvsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-04-2010, 02:06 PM
Adama0905

Quote:
I don't know, I feel pretty comfortable saying it was a poor year. He is an offensive defenseman taken in the 1st round and has a blue chip prospect reputation. He was outscored by the less heralded Cohen (only by 1 point but with Cohen playing 2 fewer games) and had David Warsofsky nipping at his heels (4 less games). All that while his defensive game seemed to worsen. The expectations were certainly high on him and probably unfairly so. I think the year was somewhat of a waste for him. All that said I don't think his prospects have changed much if at all but I do think a lot of people have taken him from being a lock for a roster spot this coming year to more of a guy who is going to need to come into camp and prove last year was a fluke. If he can't do that he needs to go to the Lake for a while and get big minutes. I think that regardless of where he starts he will do better with the weight of that C off his chest. He still seems the type of player likely to have a letter at some point in his career and if all the above is true he will grow tremendously from last year's experience at least from a leadership perspective.
Maybe he's just not much of a leader. We've seen time and time again that some guys just can't handle the pressure of a letter.

And to be perfectly honest, that's just fine with me. If he comes in to training camp and plays his way in to a top seven defenseman role, than I say put him on the roster and see what he can do.

Adama0905 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-04-2010, 02:31 PM
NOTENOUGHBREWER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adama0905 View Post
Maybe he's just not much of a leader. We've seen time and time again that some guys just can't handle the pressure of a letter.

And to be perfectly honest, that's just fine with me. If he comes in to training camp and plays his way in to a top seven defenseman role, than I say put him on the roster and see what he can do.
Would he have to clear waivers though? If he makes the big club but gets the Cumiskey/Hensick treatment and barely plays then they should send him down and give him big minutes in the AHL.

NOTENOUGHBREWER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-04-2010, 02:46 PM
Foppa2118
Release Evertroll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Record Robot View Post
Some Billy Sauer (and Kevin Porter) content:

Quote:
Originally Posted by hekic42 View Post
Awesome.

Foppa2118 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-04-2010, 02:56 PM
Avs_19
Peter the Great

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOOMUCHBREWER View Post
Would he have to clear waivers though? If he makes the big club but gets the Cumiskey/Hensick treatment and barely plays then they should send him down and give him big minutes in the AHL.
I'm pretty sure all ELC's are two-way contracts. So he won't have to clear waivers.

Avs_19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-04-2010, 03:10 PM
PeterTheGreat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avs_19 View Post
I'm pretty sure all ELC's are two-way contracts. So he won't have to clear waivers.
2 way has no bearing on waiver eligibility.

I think the cutoff is 70 NHL games played or something. So we could send Shattenkirk down mid season if we needed to (provided not after the 70 game mark obviously).

PeterTheGreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-04-2010, 03:23 PM
Avs_19
Peter the Great

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterTheGreat View Post

I think the cutoff is 70 NHL games played or something. So we could send Shattenkirk down mid season if we needed to (provided not after the 70 game mark obviously).
Yeah, you're right. My bad.

I thought they could be sent down or called up at anytime if they were on a two-way deal. But that's incorrect.

According to this site...

http://www.nhlscap.com/waivers.htm

Shattenkirk should be exempt from waivers until he plays 80 games.

Avs_19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2010, 11:17 PM
DatsyukOwns
Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starrlinx View Post
Here is what I would do

SIGN
- Martin 4 years/$5 million
- Whitney 2 years/$4 million
- Biron 1 year/$1.5 million

RE-SIGN
- Quincey 3 years/$3 million
- Mueller 2 years/$2.5 million
- Stewart 3 years/$3 million
- Hendricks 2 years/$1 million
- Yelle 1 year, $900K
- Yip 2 years/$1.3 million
- Porter 2 years/$1.2 million

OTHER
- Trade Liles for picks/prospects/bag of pucks
- Send Yip, Stoa to AHL for more development

Whitney (4.0) - Stastny (6.6) - Stewart (3.0)
Mueller (2.5) - Duchene (3.2) - Hejduk (3.0)
Galiardi (.850) - O'Reilly (.900) - Jones (.850)
McLeod (1.033) - Yelle (.900) - Hendricks (1.0)
Extra: Kevin Porter (1.1)

Quincey (3.0) - Martin (5.0)
Cumiskey (.600) - Hannan (4.5)
Foote (1.0) - Shattenkirk (1.3)
Extra: Ryan Wilson (.600)

Anderson (1.812)
Biron (1.5)

This adds a real backup goaltender, two veterans with significant roles on the team, and allows a couple of our young forwards to develop in Lake Erie as Hejduk has his swan song next year, and lets Shattenkirk get his feet wet on the third pair and lots of PP time.
I agree with this

DatsyukOwns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2010, 08:15 AM
sgupca

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jailbait View Post
Honestly, what do people see in frolov???
Frolov is highly underrated

Personally i don't think the Avs need to target him tho.

sgupca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2010, 08:17 AM
sgupca

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterTheGreat View Post

Your right,

however the cut off is 150 games played for skaters and 75 for goalies.

and it goes by games played at the start of the season. So you wouldn't have any worries with Shat

sgupca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2010, 11:09 PM
thedoctor
                    

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgupca View Post
Frolov is highly underrated

Personally i don't think the Avs need to target him tho.
underrated...at floating?

We just got rid of Wolski. Please no more.

thedoctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2010, 09:03 PM
jfc64

Galiardi (.850) - Stastny (6.6) - Stewart (3.0)
Mueller (2.5) - Duchene (3.2) - Jones (.850)
Tanguay (2.0) - Forsberg (4.0) - Hejduk (3.0)
McLeod (1.033) - O'Reilly (.900) - Yip (.850)
Yelle (.900)

Quincey (3.0) - Shattenkirk (1.3)
Hannan (4.5) - Clark (1.5)
Cumiskey (.600) - Foote (1.0)
Wilson (.600)

Anderson (1.812)
Budaj (1.25)

45 million usd

jfc64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2010, 09:14 PM
StanGetz*

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfc64 View Post
Yelle (.900)

Wilson (.600)

Anderson (1.812)
Budaj (1.25)

45 million usd
I don't think bringing back Clark and adding two former players is really what this team needs to do right now, I apologize.

StanGetz* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2010, 11:12 PM
jfc64

Quote:
Originally Posted by StanGetz View Post
I don't think bringing back Clark and adding two former players is really what this team needs to do right now, I apologize.
We must do two things imo. First get a defense that is as "deep" as last years. Then we got beat pretty easily at the end of the season. A few vets will help in that area. Players who were good one season aren't necessarily as good the season after that. On the other hand will some develop more positively than anticipated. I am keen on having young players making the team, but they must have some kind of support even if it means Brett Clark or Tuckerish. We don't have too many younger players that will make the team this year. One defender and a surprise forward etc. Last year was a slam dunk, though. Of course I prefer paul Martin over Brett Clark but so does 29 other teams. Only going with Quincey, Hannan, Liles, Cumiskey, Foote, Shattenkirk and Wilson is a little thin...Clark logs 20 minutes and doesn't stink when it comes to +/- stats...1.5 million usd? Might give us cap space to go after a star forward.

Old
06-12-2010, 10:50 AM
Adama0905

Quote:
Yelle (.900)

Wilson (.600)

Anderson (1.812)
Budaj (1.25)

45 million usd
Haha, four million dollars for Forsberg? I'm thinking you drastically underrate our management. Two mil. At most.

Old
06-13-2010, 05:35 AM
jfc64

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adama0905 View Post
Haha, four million dollars for Forsberg? I'm thinking you drastically underrate our management. Two mil. At most.
OK. Three. You forgot to count the number of seats filled But it looks dark for Mr Forsberg right now anyway.

Imagine what KINDERGARTEN Tango, Flurpa and Duke would have against third and fourth lines all over the continent.

PS. Niklas Persson would be ideal as our fourth line center. He can play wing, too. Two classes better than Hendricks. Sign the damn guy.

http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=356

Old
06-13-2010, 06:18 AM
Adama0905

Quote:
OK. Three. You forgot to count the number of seats filled But it looks dark for Mr Forsberg right now anyway.

Imagine what KINDERGARTEN Tango, Flurpa and Duke would have against third and fourth lines all over the continent.

PS. Niklas Persson would be ideal as our fourth line center. He can play wing, too. Two classes better than Hendricks. Sign the damn guy.

http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=356
I hope seats don't still get filled because of Forsberg...that'd be really really sad.