HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

As per Bob McKenzie's segment on the Team 990

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
06-13-2010, 02:15 PM
  #76
Mad Habber
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 1,656
vCash: 500
Why not trade for both.

Florida isn't looking for goaltending. THey would more likely look for offense. Would both Kost and Weber work for them. Maybe add a little more.

Trade one of the goalies to TB for Malone +.

This upgrades our size on the wing nicely.

We would definately need to get rid of Hamrlik for this to happen.

I'm not worried about offersheets at this point because chances are, a trade will happen at the draft. That's when most trades happen.

Mad Habber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2010, 02:16 PM
  #77
JackZap
Registered User
 
JackZap's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 4,078
vCash: 500
I say get rid of both goalies so we can end this debate once and for all!

Trade Price + brothers for Horton-Vokoun-pick
Trade Halak+ Hamrlik + 1st for Malone and 1st


Horton-Gomez-Gionta
Malone-Pleks-Cam
Pouliot - moore - Pyatt
moen - lapierre - trotter

markov - subban
gorges - gill
spacek - o'byrne

Vokoun
Desjardins

JackZap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2010, 02:18 PM
  #78
NLHabsFan
Registered User
 
NLHabsFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Alberta
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,510
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schooner Guy View Post
I'm thinking Florida will go one more year with Vokoun (he's a UFA next summer) and then their goalie of the future, Markstrom, will be worked into their program in 2011-12. Markstrom could very well even see some late action in the upcoming season if Florida is out of it. If they trade Horton, I'm guessing it will be to fill organizational needs other than goaltending.
It would be hard to work out a deal with Florida because our best bargaining chip is goaltending and that's the last thing they need. Florida could very well be in the same situation the Habs are currently in 3 years from now with both Markstrom and Salak.

NLHabsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2010, 02:21 PM
  #79
NLHabsFan
Registered User
 
NLHabsFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Alberta
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,510
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosss View Post
what im afraid is if they trade halak
The non-fans price haters(the ones that boo) will be mad at him and boo him so much if he makes any mistakes

I hate this situation
Ya and in the middle of next season he is so sick of putting up with it that he asks to be traded. And then we're totally screwed.

NLHabsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2010, 02:28 PM
  #80
Schooner Guy
Registered User
 
Schooner Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 5,657
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Habber View Post
Why not trade for both.

Florida isn't looking for goaltending. THey would more likely look for offense. Would both Kost and Weber work for them. Maybe add a little more.

Trade one of the goalies to TB for Malone +.

This upgrades our size on the wing nicely.

We would definately need to get rid of Hamrlik for this to happen.

I'm not worried about offersheets at this point because chances are, a trade will happen at the draft. That's when most trades happen.
These two trades would be a next to impossible fit under our salary cap and I can't see anyone taking Hamrlik without us taking salary back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NLHabsFan View Post
It would be hard to work out a deal with Florida because our best bargaining chip is goaltending and that's the last thing they need. Florida could very well be in the same situation the Habs are currently in 3 years from now with both Markstrom and Salak.
I agree...that's exactly what I was saying. If Florida trades Horton, they'll be wanting to fix other needs.

Schooner Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2010, 02:34 PM
  #81
Sargent Pepper*
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Country: St Pierre and Miquelon
Posts: 2,234
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JackZap View Post
I say get rid of both goalies so we can end this debate once and for all!

Trade Price + brothers for Horton-Vokoun-pick
Trade Halak+ Hamrlik + 1st for Malone and 1st


Horton-Gomez-Gionta
Malone-Pleks-Cam
Pouliot - moore - Pyatt
moen - lapierre - trotter

markov - subban
gorges - gill
spacek - o'byrne

Vokoun
Desjardins
In my opinion, neither one of those are near likely to happen......Price and the Kosties bro will not get you horton and vokoun.....that is not even close....

Halak, Hammer and 1st will not get you Malone and the 6th pick of the draft....

Sargent Pepper* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2010, 02:41 PM
  #82
JackZap
Registered User
 
JackZap's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 4,078
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sargent Pepper View Post
In my opinion, neither one of those are near likely to happen......Price and the Kosties bro will not get you horton and vokoun.....that is not even close....

Halak, Hammer and 1st will not get you Malone and the 6th pick of the draft....
it was more of a joke than anything. FLA needs to shed salary, they would kill to dump that Vokoun contract and get a young good goalie making 1M. They are going to lose Vokoun anyways, he doesnt wanna resign there.

TB has no goalie either, Mike Smith isnt an answer.

JackZap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2010, 02:55 PM
  #83
Blackhawkswincup
Global Moderator
 
Blackhawkswincup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Chicagoland
Country: United States
Posts: 100,744
vCash: 340
Quote:
Originally Posted by odishabs View Post
than

to montreal: Andrew Ladd
to Chicago: Sergei Kostitsyn
I would rather just let Ladd leave as a unqualified FA then take that deal

Blackhawkswincup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2010, 02:56 PM
  #84
JackZap
Registered User
 
JackZap's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 4,078
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhawkswincup View Post
I would rather just let Ladd leave as a unqualified FA then take that deal
share the wealth u greedy *******..lol

JackZap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2010, 03:23 PM
  #85
markov`
Registered User
 
markov`'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Top 2 in the world
Posts: 3,647
vCash: 500
Trading either goalie for Malone would be a disaster. Who's our #2 center next year if we give Malone 4.5? We'd have no room at all.

markov` is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2010, 03:24 PM
  #86
markov`
Registered User
 
markov`'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Top 2 in the world
Posts: 3,647
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sargent Pepper View Post
In my opinion, neither one of those are near likely to happen......Price and the Kosties bro will not get you horton and vokoun.....that is not even close....

Halak, Hammer and 1st will not get you Malone and the 6th pick of the draft....
Do you have any kind of source or evidence to back that up?

That's what I thought

markov` is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2010, 03:34 PM
  #87
Zeroknowledge*
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Facing a PC
Posts: 1,644
vCash: 500
here's what might work

to TB: Price, Hamrlik and our 1st
to MTL: Malone and TB's 1st

then to FLA: TB's 1st, A.K and if they want more maybe a guy like Max Pac
to MTL: Horton

Then you keep Halak which is IMO a total keeper.

I have a feeling both these trades are doable, only thing that might not work would be TB taking Hamrlik, I think TB won't have a problem dealing their 6th pick overall, don't think Stevie Y is going there with an I want to rebuild state of mind, I'm pretty sure he know they are one Goalie and maybe another solid player on D away from making the playoffs. On the other hand Florida would love that 6th overall pick for Horton, they'd have 4 and 6 and they are indeed a rebuilding team.


Last edited by Zeroknowledge*: 06-13-2010 at 03:40 PM.
Zeroknowledge* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2010, 04:01 PM
  #88
LyricalLyricist
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 20,643
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhawkswincup View Post
I would rather just let Ladd leave as a unqualified FA then take that deal
Technically speaking, it's the same thing. If you don't offer a contract to SK, you lose Ladd for free anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeroknowledge View Post
here's what might work

to TB: Price, Hamrlik and our 1st
to MTL: Malone and TB's 1st

then to FLA: TB's 1st, A.K and if they want more maybe a guy like Max Pac
to MTL: Horton

Then you keep Halak which is IMO a total keeper.

I have a feeling both these trades are doable, only thing that might not work would be TB taking Hamrlik, I think TB won't have a problem dealing their 6th pick overall, don't think Stevie Y is going there with an I want to rebuild state of mind, I'm pretty sure he know they are one Goalie and maybe another solid player on D away from making the playoffs. On the other hand Florida would love that 6th overall pick for Horton, they'd have 4 and 6 and they are indeed a rebuilding team.
We're not giving 6th overall and AK for Horton. We might as well use the pick.

LyricalLyricist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2010, 04:06 PM
  #89
subbanged
Gal-Sub-Price-Pacio
 
subbanged's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Posts: 4,444
vCash: 500
CARTER!!!! lol

subbanged is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2010, 04:11 PM
  #90
ECWHSWI
P.K. is perfect.
 
ECWHSWI's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 14,836
vCash: 500
5 years of Malone with his cap hit would kill...

ECWHSWI is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2010, 04:11 PM
  #91
Zeroknowledge*
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Facing a PC
Posts: 1,644
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LyricalLyricist View Post
We're not giving 6th overall and AK for Horton. We might as well use the pick.
well AK has zero value to me so this is a 6th pick for Horton which is great especially if we also get Malone, getting two big top 6 guys is a massive boost to this team, much more than a prospect ready to come in 3 years from now, and with our drafting record I just don't have too much faith in that.

Zeroknowledge* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2010, 04:21 PM
  #92
LyricalLyricist
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 20,643
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeroknowledge View Post
well AK has zero value to me so this is a 6th pick for Horton which is great especially if we also get Malone, getting two big top 6 guys is a massive boost to this team, much more than a prospect ready to come in 3 years from now, and with our drafting record I just don't have too much faith in that.
rather take the 6th overall pick than horton and keep AK.

LyricalLyricist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2010, 04:22 PM
  #93
markov`
Registered User
 
markov`'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Top 2 in the world
Posts: 3,647
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeroknowledge View Post
here's what might work

to TB: Price, Hamrlik and our 1st
to MTL: Malone and TB's 1st
That would actually be a great trade for both clubs and a deal that is possible. With the dump of Hamrlik we can still go after a center. I like it.

markov` is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2010, 04:42 PM
  #94
Frozenice
the random dude
 
Frozenice's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,050
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhawkswincup View Post
I would rather just let Ladd leave as a unqualified FA then take that deal
Why, he scored 131 points when he was on the same line as Kane when they were with the London Knights.

I would throw in Weber, so it would be Weber and SK for Ladd.

Frozenice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2010, 04:44 PM
  #95
Ginu
Registered User
 
Ginu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 3,679
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mackattack View Post
I still think a Carey Price for Devin Setoguchi trade makes a ton of sense for both teams.
Setoguchi isn't worth Price.

Ginu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2010, 04:49 PM
  #96
Rise from the Ashes
@JoelGabbayNHL
 
Rise from the Ashes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Dollard-Des-Ormeaux
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,906
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Rise from the Ashes
I would do dirty things for Malone on this team.

Rise from the Ashes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2010, 04:50 PM
  #97
Canadian_Brewtality
Registered User
 
Canadian_Brewtality's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,807
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginu View Post
Setoguchi isn't worth Price.
for sure
for what price has proven in the NHL, gotta add Vlasic, a first and a prospect

ugh

Canadian_Brewtality is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2010, 04:51 PM
  #98
Ginu
Registered User
 
Ginu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 3,679
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ECWHSWI View Post
5 years of Malone with his cap hit would kill...
Dude his cap hit is $4.5M. Who do all of these people think we're going to play in our top 6? Where are you going to get top 6 talent for under that and actually complete? Some people are dreaming.

Ginu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2010, 04:53 PM
  #99
Ginu
Registered User
 
Ginu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 3,679
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian_Brewtality View Post
for sure
for what price has proven in the NHL, gotta add Vlasic, a first and a prospect

ugh
Price isn't meant to have proven things at his age. A .913 SV% is good enough in his career so far. Wake up.

Ginu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2010, 04:59 PM
  #100
Zeroknowledge*
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Facing a PC
Posts: 1,644
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginu View Post
Price isn't meant to have proven things at his age. A .913 SV% is good enough in his career so far. Wake up.
Still no way to proclaim Price has more value than Setoguchi, at this point I doubt SJ does this one on one.

Zeroknowledge* is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:01 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.