HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Notices

What is wrong with the media in TO?

Old
06-13-2010, 11:25 AM
Wendel17

vCash: 500
Negativity and controversy sell. It's all about making money for the newspapers, websites, etc.

Wendel17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2010, 11:25 AM
Epictetus
Global Moderator
Create yourself.

vCash: 4200
They bash us. We bash them. It's a fun cycle. Even the teams always remain the same.

Epictetus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2010, 12:02 PM
bleeney

Steve Simmons in today's SUN:

Quote:
Cup victory for Toronto is not near

When you see what last year’s champions, Pittsburgh Penguins had at centre — Sidney Crosby, Evgeni Malkin, Jordan Staal — the Leafs have no one of that level...

As of today, the Leafs’ No. 1 centre is Tyler Bozak. No slight to the improving rookie, but he wouldn’t play on any of the aforementioned teams...

Which makes the Leafs, how far away from their next Cup?
http://www.torontosun.com/sports/col.../14369366.html

Typical of Simmons: Anything to put us down, to show how hopeless we are.

He doesn't focus on our strengths; he chooses our weakest position to compare us with top teams like the Hawks, Pens etc., who are insanely strong down the middle. Why wouldn't he compare our goaltending with Philly's, or our defense with Pittsburgh's? How many of their Dmen would crack our lineup? Maybe one! They have an aging Gonchar (who was awful in the playoffs) and Orpik. We have five Dmen who would be starters in Pittsburgh.

I'm so looking forward to Burke's moves at the draft and on July 1st. There are a few major pieces of the puzzle to be added.

Question: Will these guys even know how to write something positive about the Leafs?

bleeney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2010, 01:44 PM
LEAFS FAN 4 EVER
GO LEAFS GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by bleeney View Post

He doesn't focus on our strengths; he chooses our weakest position to compare us with top teams like the Hawks, Pens etc., who are insanely strong down the middle. Why wouldn't he compare our goaltending with Philly's, or our defense with Pittsburgh's? How many of their Dmen would crack our lineup? Maybe one! They have an aging Gonchar (who was awful in the playoffs) and Orpik. We have five Dmen who would be starters in Pittsburgh.

I'm so looking forward to Burke's moves at the draft and on July 1st. There are a few major pieces of the puzzle to be added.

Question: Will these guys even know how to write something positive about the Leafs?
Yeah the same guy who wrote that a few years ago Mats Sundin career was over and he came back for 1 more season with the Leafs. He was also the same person who was for the Kessel trade when it was made, but when it turns out we would give up a lottery pick he then claimed to be against it.

LEAFS FAN 4 EVER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2010, 02:23 PM
Man Bear Pig

I'm not really a big fan of any of the media here like most. I guess what bothers me isn't how they point out negatives it's the context it's been put in. They refer to us as blind sheep well, don't bite the hand that feeds. If it weren't for the Leafs and it's loyal fanbase, you wouldn't have a job. It's like if you were in sales and you called up all your clients and gave them a piece of your mind, is that good for business or your job security? Look up the word unprofessional and you'll find Cox, Berger etc.

Man Bear Pig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2010, 04:58 PM
The Blue Devil

Quote:
Originally Posted by bleeney View Post

If I ever see Simmons I would probably knock him the **** out, the lousy POS.

To the OP, that was a great post and I agree with everything.

The Blue Devil is offline   Reply With Quote