HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Florida and Chicago

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
06-13-2010, 04:28 PM
  #1
Cullksinikers
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: 'Merica
Country: United States
Posts: 14,525
vCash: 500
Florida and Chicago

As we all know, former Blackhawks general manager Dale Tallon who stayed with the team after being released from his duties as GM is now the general manager of the Florida Panthers. With my Blackhawks known to have some cap problems and are going to have to make some tough decisions before July 1st, could Florida and Chicago be dance partners and swing a deal to help both clubs out? Tallon knows the talent of the Hawks considering he was part of reeling in 16 of the 22 members of the Stanley Cup team this year. So, here are my questions: Are there any reasonable deals that help both teams and are reasonable toward Chicago's cap? and/or is there a way for Chicago to get enough talent from Florida to help their cap and not miss a step?

Cullksinikers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2010, 05:04 PM
  #2
SufferingCatFan
Registered User
 
SufferingCatFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: fort lauderdale
Country: United States
Posts: 1,797
vCash: 500
I already suggested a variation, but just to get the strand going.

To Chicago:
Salak
Matthias
No. 33, 50, 63
Mtl 2nd in 2011
Fla. 3rd in 2011

To Fla:
Byfuglien
Versteeg
Sharp

If the Hawks also cut Sobel, it provides over 11 million in cap relief, 2 solid prospects, and slew of draft picks.

SufferingCatFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2010, 05:07 PM
  #3
Markstrom Rules
Sup
 
Markstrom Rules's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Pennsylvania
Country: United States
Posts: 16,053
vCash: 500
What do you want for Sharp? I'll just throw some things out there, you put it together. Not limited to just this, but it's a starting point.

#33 pick
#36 pick
#50 pick
Michal Repik
Evgeni Dadonov
Keaton Ellerby
Jason Garrison

Markstrom Rules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2010, 05:07 PM
  #4
Laus723
Future Now
 
Laus723's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Boca Raton, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 27,045
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SufferingCatFan View Post
I already suggested a variation, but just to get the strand going.

To Chicago:
Salak
Matthias
No. 33, 50, 63
Mtl 2nd in 2011
Fla. 3rd in 2011

To Fla:
Byfuglien
Versteeg
Sharp

If the Hawks also cut Sobel, it provides over 11 million in cap relief, 2 solid prospects, and slew of draft picks.
C'mon man, that will NEVER happen!

Certainly hope we're able to snag a few players off of Chicago's hands, though.

__________________
So you're saying there's a chance!
Laus723 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2010, 05:08 PM
  #5
Markstrom Rules
Sup
 
Markstrom Rules's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Pennsylvania
Country: United States
Posts: 16,053
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SufferingCatFan View Post
I already suggested a variation, but just to get the strand going.

To Chicago:
Salak
Matthias
No. 33, 50, 63
Mtl 2nd in 2011
Fla. 3rd in 2011

To Fla:
Byfuglien
Versteeg
Sharp

If the Hawks also cut Sobel, it provides over 11 million in cap relief, 2 solid prospects, and slew of draft picks.
#63? You mean 93 or 36?

Markstrom Rules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2010, 05:12 PM
  #6
Cullksinikers
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: 'Merica
Country: United States
Posts: 14,525
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Markstrom Rules View Post
What do you want for Sharp? I'll just throw some things out there, you put it together. Not limited to just this, but it's a starting point.

#33 pick
#36 pick
#50 pick
Michal Repik
Evgeni Dadonov
Keaton Ellerby
Jason Garrison
Well, Sharp has a somewhat reasonable cap hit, so what do you think is worth it for an affordable player like Sharp who just helped a team win a Stanley Cup?

Cullksinikers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2010, 05:15 PM
  #7
SufferingCatFan
Registered User
 
SufferingCatFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: fort lauderdale
Country: United States
Posts: 1,797
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Markstrom Rules View Post
#63? You mean 93 or 36?
sorry. meant 36.

SufferingCatFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2010, 05:17 PM
  #8
Cullksinikers
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: 'Merica
Country: United States
Posts: 14,525
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Markstrom Rules View Post
What do you want for Sharp? I'll just throw some things out there, you put it together. Not limited to just this, but it's a starting point.

#33 pick
#36 pick
#50 pick
Michal Repik
Evgeni Dadonov
Keaton Ellerby
Jason Garrison
It'd be tought to part ways with Sharp, but I would have to take some picks because of the whole cap issue. We want to take in as less money as possible.

Cullksinikers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2010, 05:21 PM
  #9
Markstrom Rules
Sup
 
Markstrom Rules's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Pennsylvania
Country: United States
Posts: 16,053
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cullksinikers View Post
Well, Sharp has a somewhat reasonable cap hit, so what do you think is worth it for an affordable player like Sharp who just helped a team win a Stanley Cup?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cullksinikers View Post
It'd be tought to part ways with Sharp, but I would have to take some picks because of the whole cap issue. We want to take in as less money as possible.
#33, #36, #93, Michal Repik? Repik could play for Chi. next season, if not then he can be put in Rockford for another year or two.

Markstrom Rules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2010, 05:25 PM
  #10
Cullksinikers
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: 'Merica
Country: United States
Posts: 14,525
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Markstrom Rules View Post
#33, #36, #93, Michal Repik? Repik could play for Chi. next season, if not then he can be put in Rockford for another year or two.
How deep is this year's draft?

Cullksinikers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2010, 05:29 PM
  #11
Markstrom Rules
Sup
 
Markstrom Rules's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Pennsylvania
Country: United States
Posts: 16,053
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cullksinikers View Post
How deep is this year's draft?
It's very deep. I'd say comparative to last year's. All the GMs are saying it's deep too. At #33 and #36 you'll be getting very high quality prospects. Repik has 49 and 53 pt. AHL seasons under his belt. 7 pts. in 24 NHL games.

Markstrom Rules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2010, 05:38 PM
  #12
Cullksinikers
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: 'Merica
Country: United States
Posts: 14,525
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Markstrom Rules View Post
It's very deep. I'd say comparative to last year's. All the GMs are saying it's deep too. At #33 and #36 you'll be getting very high quality prospects. Repik has 49 and 53 pt. AHL seasons under his belt. 7 pts. in 24 NHL games.
I thought it was pretty deep, but I didn't think it was that deep. I'd be down for the deal you proposed. We'd get some young, quality talent back and shed some money.

Cullksinikers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2010, 05:51 PM
  #13
Boondock
Registered User
 
Boondock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 2,617
vCash: 500
how about Buff and Versteeg for Horton - Chicago gets a legit top 6 player and sheds 2 million in salary while Fla adds 2 legit top 6 forwards

Boondock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2010, 06:12 PM
  #14
Adamg0013
Registered User
 
Adamg0013's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Miami
Posts: 199
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boondock View Post
how about Buff and Versteeg for Horton - Chicago gets a legit top 6 player and sheds 2 million in salary while Fla adds 2 legit top 6 forwards
I like it

Adamg0013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:41 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.