HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

How would you react if Boucher wins his first Stanley Cup with the Bolts this season?

Old
06-14-2010, 04:32 PM
LastChancePrice

vCash: 500
How would you react if Boucher wins his first Stanley Cup with the Bolts this season?

Man i would be piss off as a Habs fan, but really happy because hes a great guy with great a.i. .

I would be piss so bad about the Habs organisation , who screw this up big time. Was it Gauthier decision to let him walk without trying to keep him? I think its the decision of the president on that one or whoever is on top of him who is able to give Boucher an offer. Nobody budge a finger, and i dont understand why. If it was Gauthier décision, well he was affraid to lose his job, knowing he can be replace by Martin who got replace by Boucher.

M.Molson, you miss the boat on that one big time. You were blinded by that amazing playoff run and tough the men in place are the one who will put us on the right track, and your wrong! Boucher IS a better coach than Martin , and he will prove it big time this season.

My two cents...

and yours?

LastChancePrice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2010, 04:34 PM
Jack Bourdain
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHfan4ever View Post
Man i would be piss off as a Habs fan, but really happy because hes a great guy with great a.i. .

I would be piss so bad about the Habs organisation , who screw this up big time. Was it Gauthier decision to let him walk without trying to keep him? I think its the decision of the president on that one or whoever is on top of him who is able to give Boucher an offer. Nobody budge a finger, and i dont understand why. If it was Gauthier décision, well he was affraid to lose his job, knowing he can be replace by Martin who got replace by Boucher.

M.Molson, you miss the boat on that one big time. You were blinded by that amazing playoff run and tough the men in place are the one who will put us on the right track, and your wrong! Boucher IS a better coach than Martin , and he will prove it big time this season.

My two cents...

and yours?
Pretty sure Mr. Molson doesn't give two crap about what you think.

Jack Bourdain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2010, 04:34 PM
LyricalLyricist

What were they supposed to offer him exactly? He gets a chance to be Head Coach in a market with no pressure, his choice of assistants and franchise players across the board. Not much gauthier could've done.

LyricalLyricist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2010, 04:38 PM
NLHabsFan

Quote:

My two cents...

and yours?
With Price in net.

NLHabsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2010, 04:48 PM
le_sean

Quote:
Originally Posted by LyricalLyricist View Post
What were they supposed to offer him exactly? He gets a chance to be Head Coach in a market with no pressure, his choice of assistants and franchise players across the board. Not much gauthier could've done.
Exactly.

Do people really think Gauthier would say "well Jacques, you did lead the team to two improbable playoff victories...but we decided to replace you with a guy who has one year of AHL coaching experience, sorry".

le_sean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2010, 04:49 PM
InglewoodJack

My thoughts?

Utter shock.

InglewoodJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2010, 05:11 PM
goman

I think they're more than a new coach away from being Cup champs.

goman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2010, 05:54 PM
habsjunkie2*

Quote:

My two cents...

and yours?
You've got an equally as good a chance of getting struck by lightning, no pun intended. I wouldn't worry about it.

habsjunkie2* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2010, 05:59 PM
Dutchy

Send a message via ICQ to Dutchy
I'd wake up

Dutchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2010, 06:10 PM
LesCanadiens

You guys react as if we lost Scotty Bowman c/a 1975!!

Holy crap, I've never seen such a massive overreaction over a MINOR LEAGUE COACH!!!

C'mon, people...we've got bigger fish to fry.

LesCanadiens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2010, 06:17 PM
Sandvich
VERY NICE

At first i was like ...

Then i was like LOL

Sandvich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2010, 06:19 PM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

****, Tampa is now a cup contender ?

Analyzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2010, 06:23 PM
JHabs
HFB Partner

Send a message via MSN to JHabs
okay JM took our team with a huge whole in our top 6, and injury torn all year, and brought them to the ECFs.

If Boucher can get Tampa to the cup finals and win I will be ecstatic for him and I will cheer for Tampa if they win.

JHabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2010, 06:36 PM
Sandvich
VERY NICE

I took a dump (salary) in my toilet cup.

Am i a cup contender now ?!

Sandvich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2010, 06:38 PM
JayBee*

OMG, you'd think this guy was the second coming of Scottie Bowman...wtf?

JayBee* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2010, 06:41 PM
icerocket

Hahahahaha.

Man the topic creator is living is hypothetical world here.

Jesus get over it.

icerocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2010, 06:42 PM
Kriss E

I wouldn't give two craps.

Kriss E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2010, 06:43 PM
Talent Analyst

How would you react if J.Martin win his first Stanley Cup with the Montreal Canadiens this season?

Talent Analyst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2010, 06:44 PM
JHabs
HFB Partner

Send a message via MSN to JHabs
Quote:
Originally Posted by Talent Analyst View Post
How would you react if J.Martin win his first Stanley Cup with the Montreal Canadiens this season?
History will be made.

JHabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2010, 06:46 PM
HomaridII

Quote:

My two cents...

and yours?
I would probably put down my PS3 controller, save my game and go do something else.

HomaridII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2010, 06:47 PM
Corky

Quote:
I would shat my pants

this thread has turn into a crap talk discussion literally.

Quote:
Originally Posted by le_sean View Post
Uhhh what? 546 wins in 14 seasons is better than everyone else around him. 8th in wins and not even Top 10 in losses.
I'm suitably impressed. At which point do we see this experience actually benefit the Habs on the ice?

Quote:
You are really grasping at straws here. You have nothing but your intuition to claim he is a poor coach.
I've made my case with much data and plenty of explanations in the original Boucher-to-Tampa thread. Probably too much, actually. Because that thread was extremely verbose and annoyed a fair number of people, I'm trying to not get into detailed arguments again here.

The responses I've gotten back often involved claiming that he was responsible for things that didn't actually happen (like the Habs "forcing shots to the outside" or "limiting quality scoring chances"). Made arguing pretty useless in hindsight. The ECF finish was fun, but it's blinding a lot of people.

Now his past record is being brought up as proof that he is good. Suffice to say that Martin's pre-lockout track record is of little relevance compared to the way he's actually coaching the Habs, and his reputation as a successful coach this year is largely built on a goalie standing on his head for two series, despite Martin employing the same ineffective system in the playoffs that he used in the regular season. He may have been a good coach in the past, but that doesn't necessarily imply he's good now, and frankly, his tactics are obsolete.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
Your failure to credit Martin for ANYTHING is really embarrassing.
I'm not embarassed, seeing as I've credited Martin for his personnel management and matching up in the past (it's certainly light years ahead of Carbonneau's) and if you look at my posting history you can confirm this.

Corky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2010, 07:07 PM
bjac

I understand that this is only a hypothetical question, but the amount of over-hyping that has suddenly appeared over Boucher is starting to become rediculous. The guy might be a good coach, but the reality is that he hasn't coached a single game in the NHL. Now were talking about the guy winning a Stanley Cup in his first year with a non playoff team (albeit a team that has a ton of potential)? He's good, but isn't the coaching prodigy that half the fanbase thinks.

bjac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2010, 07:13 PM
MathMan

Quote:
Do people really think Gauthier would say "well Jacques, you did lead the team to two improbable playoff victories...but we decided to replace you with a guy who has one year of AHL coaching experience, sorry".
No, but on pure hockey and good-of-the-franchise grounds, he should have.

Unfortunately circumstances being what they are, plus he and Gauthier being tight, they're stuck with him.

MathMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2010, 07:15 PM
BrOrpik 44

Quote:
Exactly.

You mean like what happened in the 'burgh?

BrOrpik 44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2010, 07:18 PM
MathMan

Quote:
I'll be happy if he makes the playoffs. I won't be holding my breath.

MathMan is offline   Reply With Quote