HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Is Hossa in play?

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
06-14-2010, 09:02 PM
  #26
Pascal
Registered User
 
Pascal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,467
vCash: 500
I guess the forum will be full of these bogus rumors for the rest of the summer.

Pascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2010, 12:51 AM
  #27
DieHeartRedWingsFan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Washington, MI
Posts: 226
vCash: 500
Trade Palushaj for Hossa and some other player. To make the deal work.

DieHeartRedWingsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2010, 12:55 AM
  #28
Kimota
Nation of Poutine
 
Kimota's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: La Vieille Capitale
Country: France
Posts: 21,790
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxpac View Post
We. Need. A. Center.
We need a lot of things.

Kimota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2010, 01:45 AM
  #29
FlyingKostitsyn
Registered User
 
FlyingKostitsyn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Quebec
Country: Australia
Posts: 8,033
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by StLouisBluesFan View Post
Trade Palushaj for Hossa and some other player. To make the deal work.
Hilarious

D'Agostini to Palushaj
Palushaj to Hossa


D'Agostini : Gainey's master plan

FlyingKostitsyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2010, 06:20 AM
  #30
BLNY
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Dartmouth, NS
Country: Canada
Posts: 976
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to BLNY Send a message via Yahoo to BLNY
Huet's going to be playing out his contract on the farm. I think it was TSN who called it, and I agree, that Christobal will be sent to the farm. I suppose there's an off chance that he gets snagged on re-entry waivers, but I don't see him getting recalled. That move alone is $5.625 million off the teams cap.

They're stuck with Campbell's contract for now. As a result, some of the character guys, and supporting cast, will not be back. John Madden won't be back. That's $2.75 million. They may let Ben Eager walk. That's $.965 million right there. That's almost $10 million dollars in three players.

You'll ask, "who replaces them?" The Hawks showed they're good enough to win with average goal tending. They can find a cheap backup for Niemi. They may even have someone on the farm now, but I don't know their system. Madden can be replaced by Bickell. Eager is replaceable as well.

BLNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2010, 06:30 AM
  #31
Monctonscout
Monctonscout
 
Monctonscout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 30,516
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLNY View Post
Huet's going to be playing out his contract on the farm. I think it was TSN who called it, and I agree, that Christobal will be sent to the farm. I suppose there's an off chance that he gets snagged on re-entry waivers, but I don't see him getting recalled. That move alone is $5.625 million off the teams cap.

They're stuck with Campbell's contract for now. As a result, some of the character guys, and supporting cast, will not be back. John Madden won't be back. That's $2.75 million. They may let Ben Eager walk. That's $.965 million right there. That's almost $10 million dollars in three players.

You'll ask, "who replaces them?" The Hawks showed they're good enough to win with average goal tending. They can find a cheap backup for Niemi. They may even have someone on the farm now, but I don't know their system. Madden can be replaced by Bickell. Eager is replaceable as well.
Sticking Huet in the minors is not as easy as it sounds for players on 1 way contracts. First, you can only do it in late September so the hit stays on your cap number(though I think you can be 10% over for a period of time). If you send a player down that another team would take on re entry, you know the union and Huet's agent will be all over it, and ownership will see it as a way to save 5.5 mil over the 2 years. It also has a negative connotation down the line with future UFA's as they will think twice before signing there knowing they could end up playing AHL as a cap casualty.

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2010, 08:16 AM
  #32
BLNY
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Dartmouth, NS
Country: Canada
Posts: 976
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to BLNY Send a message via Yahoo to BLNY
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
Sticking Huet in the minors is not as easy as it sounds for players on 1 way contracts. First, you can only do it in late September so the hit stays on your cap number(though I think you can be 10% over for a period of time). If you send a player down that another team would take on re entry, you know the union and Huet's agent will be all over it, and ownership will see it as a way to save 5.5 mil over the 2 years. It also has a negative connotation down the line with future UFA's as they will think twice before signing there knowing they could end up playing AHL as a cap casualty.
Call it the Lou Effect. The Devils did it with Malakhov and Mogilny. It hasn't had a noticeable impact on the Devils ability to recruit the players they want. Besides, if Huet had even come close to living up to the contract, it wouldn't be an issue.

As long as Huet is not on their opening day roster, he won't count against their cap. Huet will go on waivers at some point during camp. No one will claim him at his full salary. So, he'll clear waivers and be sent to the farm team. At that point, the only way he comes back up is if there's a rash of injuries in net. If he plays the whole season in the minors they will either buy him out next summer or put him on waivers again.

BLNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2010, 08:35 AM
  #33
GoHomez
Registered User
 
GoHomez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: 8 km from the Globe
Country: Sweden
Posts: 1,153
vCash: 500
Huet will count towards their cap over the summer. When the bonuses for the cup kicks in, Chicago will probably be over the 10% cushion and they cant sign any new contracts.

Its been detailed in the Trade/Free Agent forum. Chicago will probably have to move some contracts before July 1.

GoHomez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2010, 10:04 AM
  #34
Maxpac
Registered User
 
Maxpac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: hockey city
Posts: 13,870
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimota View Post
We need a lot of things.
That's not true. We have too many assets on D, one has to go make place for Subban. AS for our forwards, we have Gionta, Cammalleri, A. Kost and Pouliot as our top 4 wingers, and imo, for many seasons to come. Right now we have no idea whatsoever if Plekanec will re-sign or not. That's our priority.

Maxpac is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2010, 10:43 AM
  #35
Ginu
Registered User
 
Ginu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 3,696
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxpac View Post
That's not true. We have too many assets on D, one has to go make place for Subban. AS for our forwards, we have Gionta, Cammalleri, A. Kost and Pouliot as our top 4 wingers, and imo, for many seasons to come. Right now we have no idea whatsoever if Plekanec will re-sign or not. That's our priority.
I'd say we need size on the top 2 lines and a #2 defenceman with size and a mean streak.

Ginu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2010, 10:49 AM
  #36
NLHabsFan
Registered User
 
NLHabsFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Alberta
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,550
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginu View Post
I'd say we need size on the top 2 lines and a #2 defenceman with size and a mean streak.
I think Willie Mitchell would be a good fit for the Habs. Could be a good compliment to pair with Markov. And because of his injury last season could come at an affordable rate.

NLHabsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2010, 11:23 AM
  #37
Maxpac
Registered User
 
Maxpac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: hockey city
Posts: 13,870
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NLHabsFan View Post
I think Willie Mitchell would be a good fit for the Habs. Could be a good compliment to pair with Markov. And because of his injury last season could come at an affordable rate.
Markov-O'Byrne
Hamrlik-Spacek
Gill-Gorges
Subban.

You can't just add players, Mitchell would be a good addition, but it's impossible for it to happen + like i said, we have a lot more alarming problems, like who centers the 2nd line.

Maxpac is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2010, 12:32 PM
  #38
Blackhawkswincup
Global Moderator
 
Blackhawkswincup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Chicagoland
Country: United States
Posts: 103,739
vCash: 340
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
Sticking Huet in the minors is not as easy as it sounds for players on 1 way contracts. First, you can only do it in late September so the hit stays on your cap number(though I think you can be 10% over for a period of time). If you send a player down that another team would take on re entry, you know the union and Huet's agent will be all over it, and ownership will see it as a way to save 5.5 mil over the 2 years. It also has a negative connotation down the line with future UFA's as they will think twice before signing there knowing they could end up playing AHL as a cap casualty.
Huet and NHLPA have no leg to stand on

He played like an ECHL player and he cant continue to eat up our roster space

A buyout is not an option (1.875 x 4 yrs) and he is untradeable

He will be placed on waivers , Thus if any team has interest they can pick him up (There goes the NHLPA's argument) and then he will be given chance to work out deal with European club (Hawks pay difference in salary) or go to AHL

Nylander , Cheechoo , Malakhov , etc have all been buried and there have been no longterm effects on those teams via UFA's

Blackhawkswincup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2010, 12:32 PM
  #39
Ceux de Montreal
help
 
Ceux de Montreal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: omg montréal lolzzz
Country: Martinique
Posts: 5,063
vCash: 500
I keep reading Is Hossa gay?

Ceux de Montreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2010, 03:40 PM
  #40
Kimota
Nation of Poutine
 
Kimota's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: La Vieille Capitale
Country: France
Posts: 21,790
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxpac View Post
That's not true. We have too many assets on D, one has to go make place for Subban. AS for our forwards, we have Gionta, Cammalleri, A. Kost and Pouliot as our top 4 wingers, and imo, for many seasons to come. Right now we have no idea whatsoever if Plekanec will re-sign or not. That's our priority.
The guys you mentioned are all pretty much average. And our D sucks.

Kimota is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:40 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.