HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Why you always try to make the playoffs

Closed Thread

Old
06-14-2010, 05:15 PM
OverTheCap

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by deriik2020 View Post
Nobody here is analyzing in a vacuum if that's what you're accussing me of doing. We have the homegrown talent needed to succeed coming over the next 2-3 years. You can choose not to believe that, that's your choice. I think you're wrong. Other teams have better farms and prospects in place? That's good to say but what source are you using to come up with this opinion?

Our farm system was ranked 3rd overall last year. Then we lost Cherepanov to tragedy, MDZ, Gilroy AND Artem graduated. Now we are ranked 12th still better than half the league , we have the 10th overall pick and MZA who is an unknown quantity same as Gilroy was and could go good or bad. So i'm not sure why you're so high on other farms and not ours.

HF has LA ranked 2 overall. Why are you using HF this year while conveniently ignoring we were ranked 3 last year or did you not know that or just fail to take it into account? It's fine if you did I'm just pointing it out and trying to get a grasp on what you're saying.
LA has consistently drafted higher than the Rangers for the past few years. Statistics show that top draft picks have a better chance of panning out than those drafted in the later rounds.

Also, you ignore the fact that I mentioned LA currently has a better NHL ready homegrown young core than ours. In the past few seasons, Doughty and Simmonds have both graduated, yet HF still ranks them as the 2nd best prospect pool. The Rangers graduate MDZ, Anisimov, and Gilroy, and they drop from 3 to 12. I think you'll be hardpressed to find anyone who thinks that the Rangers farm system is currently better than the Kings.

You are not only assuming that our prospects will meet expectations, but are assuming that they will exceed them. I'm sorry if I don't share the same "best case scenario" mentality as you. I'm only trying to be realistic.

Old
06-14-2010, 05:23 PM
JimmyStart*

Quote:
Originally Posted by OverTheCap View Post
LA has consistently drafted higher than the Rangers for the past few years. Statistics show that top draft picks have a better chance of panning out than those drafted in the later rounds.

Also, you ignore the fact that I mentioned LA currently has a better NHL ready homegrown young core than ours. In the past few seasons, Doughty and Simmonds have both graduated, yet HF still ranks them as the 2nd best prospect pool. The Rangers graduate MDZ, Anisimov, and Gilroy, and they drop from 3 to 12. I think you'll be hardpressed to find anyone who thinks that the Rangers farm system is currently better than the Kings.

You are not only assuming that our prospects will meet expectations, but are assuming that they will exceed them. I'm sorry if I don't share the same "best case scenario" mentality as you. I'm only trying to be realistic.
But you're assuming the exact same thing about LA's system. I said the Rangers system compares favorably to the others so i did not ignore that point at all. i am comparing the Rangers farm to theirs so obviously I feel they are a good high standard to hope to emulate and I feel they do. I am not seeing you arguing that point. The Rangers hooked themselves up draft wise pretty well. At this point the farm system is a positive not a negative. If you feel the Rangers farm is not a positive and they do not comparre that's fine I just disagree.

Old
06-14-2010, 07:00 PM
gotmonte

Depends on the Draft Year.

If there is a REALLY GOOD PLAYER I.E. Crosby, Ovechkin, Stamkos.. I say you tank if you are not dong well at all time All-Star break comes.

Listen, I have been a DIE HARD Rangers fan since 1992. It has PAINED ME for soo many years watching them flop and suck. But it pains me more not winning the cup AND NOT getting the first overall. If your team is NOT built correctly you need to get TOP YOUNG players. And you just cant trade for them. Maybe you catch a team like Chicago with major financial problems, but you are going to pay with MORE young talent.

I like the idea of tanking. Whether it is popular opinion or not. It would be NICE to see our great scouting staff get the first overall. Wouldnt you be excited as **** waiting for the Rangers to announce.. THE NEW YORK RANGERS WITH THE FIRST OVERALL SELECTION PICK.... OVECHKIN.. "standing ovation!"

Old
06-14-2010, 07:00 PM
dedalus

Quote:
Originally Posted by deriik2020 View Post
It's very very very sad that this is waht you consider logic and debate. I hope you can do at least a little better if there is a next time. I got absolutely nothing out of you besides the facts that you feel differently and don't make any sense.
I apologize. You are a superlative debater.

I should also take this time to tell you that I come from a distant planet, Zenarfia 15, where we do not have "sport." We spend our time sniffling the lovely flora of the Huxenillas canyons of Zarn when we are not fleeing from the terrible klanaxis beast or reciting the love poetry of our world's most beloved writer: Inglinkus the 12th. As such, our understanding of your world and its games is quite limited, as is this thing you call "debate."

I will be returning to my world in a week, never to be heard from again in this quadrant of space.

You can understand, then, how very little you and I have to talk about.

Have a nice day.

Or as we say on Zenarfia 15, "Xbvtsyikikkk!"

Old
06-14-2010, 07:06 PM
dedalus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pizza View Post
The Flyers had to let go of Bobby Clarke. The Rangers have to let go of Glen Sather.
The sad part is that the Flyers cut Clarke loose even thought they had a great deal more success with him than the Blueshirts have had with Sather.

Does Ed Snider simply care more about winning a Cup than James Dolan? Or is Dolan just that reluctant to admit his GM has been nothing more than average?

Old
06-14-2010, 07:12 PM
dedalus

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbop View Post
Sather initially saw the Rangers as being a lot closer than they were. I think he really thought he could recreate the magic of the Leetch-Richter-Messier teams for 1-2 more runs at the Cup. I believe Sather truly felt if he could get those teams in the playoffs, the Rangers could win. I remember once when the Rangers acquired Martin Rucinsky in a deadline deal, he was interviewed on MSG and said something like, "if we get into the playoffs, everyone in the league will be terrified to play us." He never cut bait with that generation until it was way too late. For the last few years, I think he's really tried hard to rebuild the team while still being competitive (sound familliar Knick fans?) but the results have been too small.
We disagree on a lot, but I think you're spot on here. I don't think Sather is to be blamed for malice or whatever. I think he's to be blamed for a failure of vision.

He was also rather dishonest at first. He came in saying all the right things about rebuilding. In his first press conference he spoke about the necessity of assembling a young core and then letting it grow together.

Within two years he'd stripped much of the team's youth and immediate future in order to acquire Lindros and Bure, both players whose bodies were considerably older than their chronological ages.

Old
06-14-2010, 08:27 PM
Emptyvoid

Quote:
Originally Posted by dedalus View Post
I apologize. You are a superlative debater.

I should also take this time to tell you that I come from a distant planet, Zenarfia 15, where we do not have "sport." We spend our time sniffling the lovely flora of the Huxenillas canyons of Zarn when we are not fleeing from the terrible klanaxis beast or reciting the love poetry of our world's most beloved writer: Inglinkus the 12th. As such, our understanding of your world and its games is quite limited, as is this thing you call "debate."

I will be returning to my world in a week, never to be heard from again in this quadrant of space.

You can understand, then, how very little you and I have to talk about.

Have a nice day.

Or as we say on Zenarfia 15, "Xbvtsyikikkk!"
My god i wish i could make this my sig.

Everything has really been said by all sides, there isn't much to contribute. We have different philosophies on how to build a team and what is the most effective. Only time will tell how our Rangers will find success.

Old
06-14-2010, 11:48 PM
bobbop
Henrik & Pop

Quote:
Originally Posted by dedalus View Post
We disagree on a lot, but I think you're spot on here. I don't think Sather is to be blamed for malice or whatever. I think he's to be blamed for a failure of vision.

He was also rather dishonest at first. He came in saying all the right things about rebuilding. In his first press conference he spoke about the necessity of assembling a young core and then letting it grow together.

Within two years he'd stripped much of the team's youth and immediate future in order to acquire Lindros and Bure, both players whose bodies were considerably older than their chronological ages.
Even a broken clock is right twice a day.

Old
06-15-2010, 07:40 AM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
We're done here.