HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Clear Day List Question

Closed Thread

Old
03-19-2005, 03:02 AM
Word

vCash: 500
Clear Day List Question

G Mathieu Garon and Adam Hauser

D Tim Gleason, Denis Grebeshkov, Jason Holland (veteran), Doug Nolan, Joe Rullier and Mike Weaver (veteran)

F Dustin Brown, Michael Cammalleri, Noah Clarke, Ryan Flinn, Jeff Giuliano, Petr Kanko, Tom Kostopoulos (veteran), Yanick Lehoux, George Parros, Matt Ryan, Chris Schmidt (veteran), Brad Smyth (exempt), David Steckel and Dan Welch.

In Residence

F Greg Hogeboom, Ryan Kinasewich and Jeff Miles.
D Beau Geisler

----

I have three questions for our AHL breathen:
1) Why is Brad Smyth exempt?
2) Why no goaltender In Residence? I would think the Kings
have two playing in the ECHL that could help if needed.
3) How do you think the Monarchs will do in the playoffs?

Old
03-19-2005, 04:55 AM
King Blazer

1. What is this "veteran rule" I keep hearing about?

In the AHL, player development is a top priority. Therefore, a limit has been set on the number of "veterans" a team may dress for a game. The AHL considers a "veteran" any player who has played, as of the start of the season, more than 260 regular-season games combined in the AHL, NHL, IHL, or any European elite league.

Teams may dress a maximum of 17 skaters (plus two goaltenders) for a regular-season AHL game (18 plus 2 for the duration of the NHL lockout). Of these 17 (or 18) skaters, no more than five may be classified as "veterans." (At the start of the season, each team may declare one player to be "exempt" from the veteran rule. In 2004-05, "exempt" players must have played more than 400 AHL games prior to the start of the season.)

link: www.caldercup.com/AHL/faqs.html

2. They don't always tell us every player listed "in resedence" my guess is that Brust or Fukufuji would be used if needed...

3. They've been a slightly better than average team over their last 21-games. If last night's game against Hartford is any indication, 2-1 shootout win that came down to the 5th Hartford shooters, it's going to be a battle. As is typically the case, it's going to come down to goaltending, injuries and a little bit of luck...

Old
03-19-2005, 01:20 PM
Capn Brown

I've got one. Why is Lehoux on the roster? I was under the impression that the severity of his injury has rendered him "unavailable" for the rest of the season and the playoffs. What gives?

Old
03-19-2005, 04:43 PM
King Blazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Daleks
I've got one. Why is Lehoux on the roster? I was under the impression that the severity of his injury has rendered him "unavailable" for the rest of the season and the playoffs. What gives?
Having Lehoux on the roster gives them more flexibility to move guys in and out of the lineup. Players "in residence" can replace roster players during emergency conditions such as call-up, injury or suspension. Basically by listing Lehoux on the roster even though there's zero chance he'll play, they've created a slot they can slide Hogeboom, Miles, Kinasewich or Geisler in and out of as the season winds down and they get into the playoffs...Many AHL teams use this strategy...

Old
03-19-2005, 07:44 PM
Word

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Blazer
1. What is this "veteran rule" I keep hearing about?

In the AHL, player development is a top priority. Therefore, a limit has been set on the number of "veterans" a team may dress for a game. The AHL considers a "veteran" any player who has played, as of the start of the season, more than 260 regular-season games combined in the AHL, NHL, IHL, or any European elite league.

Teams may dress a maximum of 17 skaters (plus two goaltenders) for a regular-season AHL game (18 plus 2 for the duration of the NHL lockout). Of these 17 (or 18) skaters, no more than five may be classified as "veterans." (At the start of the season, each team may declare one player to be "exempt" from the veteran rule. In 2004-05, "exempt" players must have played more than 400 AHL games prior to the start of the season.)

link: www.caldercup.com/AHL/faqs.html

2. They don't always tell us every player listed "in resedence" my guess is that Brust or Fukufuji would be used if needed...

3. They've been a slightly better than average team over their last 21-games. If last night's game against Hartford is any indication, 2-1 shootout win that came down to the 5th Hartford shooters, it's going to be a battle. As is typically the case, it's going to come down to goaltending, injuries and a little bit of luck...
Thanks for the info. I guess Manchester has the same chance as just about anyone else.

Closed Thread