HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Rink
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
The Rink For the not so ready for prime-time players, coaches, referees, and the people that have to live with them. Discuss experiences in local leagues, coaching tips, equipment, and training.

Warrior Hockey Equipment?

Old
06-15-2010, 01:26 PM
bp spec

vCash: 50
Warrior Hockey Equipment?

I've been thinking about buying the Warrior Hustler pant and the Franchise Gloves. Are the Warrior gear popular in NA? I can see that the gloves and sticks are well used, but the rest of the equipment, the protection gear?

Warrior is quite unused here in Sweden, so I can't get some info from a "Warrior-user"
(Exept for the sticks though, I've used one myself, the Dolomite HD..broke down after a week )

If anyone on this forum uses Warrior equipment or got some info about it- Post.

bp spec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2010, 01:41 PM
Gunnar Stahl 30
...In The World!

vCash: 500
most of the nhl wear warrior franchise gloves, not as many people wear the pants that i can tell

Gunnar Stahl 30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2010, 01:43 PM
vinogradov8

Send a message via MSN to vinogradov8
Well, warrior is not as big as other brands of hockey equipment. I personally use CCM for everything except gloves, and skate. I have Bauer Gloves, and Bauer skates, and one bauer one85 stick. The rest is CCM. I know CCM before I was even a fan of hockey, thats why I don't trust companies like Easton, Warrior, and Rebook. I know Bauer, TPS, and CCM are the three I can personally trust. I heard warrior gloves are pretty good, but if your going to but protective gear, I recommend going CCM, especially because of all the sales they are having right now

vinogradov8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2010, 01:51 PM
frito

I bought Warrior gloves for each of my daughters a couple seasons ago. The palms blew out on my youngest daughter's gloves after about a month and my oldr dausghter's were showing significant weat in the same time fram. My younger was 7 at the time and my older was 11. I wouldn't buy Warrior gloves agains after that experience.

frito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2010, 02:05 PM
bp spec

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinogradov8 View Post
Well, warrior is not as big as other brands of hockey equipment. I personally use CCM for everything except gloves, and skate. I have Bauer Gloves, and Bauer skates, and one bauer one85 stick. The rest is CCM. I know CCM before I was even a fan of hockey, thats why I don't trust companies like Easton, Warrior, and Rebook. I know Bauer, TPS, and CCM are the three I can personally trust. I heard warrior gloves are pretty good, but if your going to but protective gear, I recommend going CCM, especially because of all the sales they are having right now
I've use the CCM vector 08 pant for two seasons.
Reebok helmet and gloves.
Graf skates.
And shin guards,elbow pads and shoulder pads-all bauer.
Bauer sticks.

Old
06-15-2010, 02:23 PM
Hrad

Warrior Hustler pants are great, light weight and very mobile. They are quite pricey however.

Warrior Franchise gloves are popular mostly because they come in many different colors, and you can even get custom ones done and they aren't that expensive (Well like $250)
I personally prefer the AK27 Pro gloves, they look great and are very mobile, which is exactly what I need. I don't think anyone could argue against warrior gloves, the top of the line ones are made by MIA which is great quality, made in Canada.

I haven't used that many sticks from Warrior, but I will have a new Warrior Kronik soon, and when I use it I'll post about it if this thread is still around.

Hrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2010, 02:45 PM
bp spec

Hrad---->Warrior Hustler pants are great, light weight and very mobile.

I suppose you use the Hustler then?

Last edited by bp spec: 06-15-2010 at 03:26 PM.
Old
06-15-2010, 02:52 PM
Jarick
Doing Nothing

The Hustler pants are top end, haven't worn them but they are incredibly popular among pros and are very well regarded. Just don't see them at retail around here.

The gloves are pretty good, kind of overpriced IMO, the Bully models are really nice for the money though. If you can get a good price on the Franchises (say under $150 USD) it's a good deal.

Surprised your Dolomite broke so quickly, I've used several and never had one break.

Jarick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2010, 03:04 PM
vinogradov8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hrad View Post
Warrior Hustler pants are great, light weight and very mobile. They are quite pricey however.

Warrior Franchise gloves are popular mostly because they come in many different colors, and you can even get custom ones done and they aren't that expensive (Well like $250)
I personally prefer the AK27 Pro gloves, they look great and are very mobile, which is exactly what I need. I don't think anyone could argue against warrior gloves, the top of the line ones are made by MIA which is great quality, made in Canada.

I haven't used that many sticks from Warrior, but I will have a new Warrior Kronik soon, and when I use it I'll post about it if this thread is still around.
I use CCM V08 pants too, they are great aren't they?

Old
06-15-2010, 03:16 PM
bp spec

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinogradov8 View Post
I use CCM V08 pants too, they are great aren't they?
They've been very good, the two last seasons I've used them. One pair a season.
One thing, I don't know if It's just me or the pant itself. But when i fall, I often hurt the same spot on the hip (nothing serious,a bruise or so) don't know if it's the padding or just bad luck though.

Old
06-15-2010, 04:39 PM
Hrad

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyer View Post
I suppose you use the Hustler then?
Actually no I don't, I haven't even seen them
I just know a lot of people who have or used them and that's what they're telling me, so I just thought I'd pass it on.
I would love to try them myself but I'm not touching them at over $200.

Are they not good then? Because everywhere I read they are...

Hrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2010, 09:53 PM
stick9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarick View Post
The Hustler pants are top end, haven't worn them but they are incredibly popular among pros and are very well regarded. Just don't see them at retail around here.

The gloves are pretty good, kind of overpriced IMO, the Bully models are really nice for the money though. If you can get a good price on the Franchises (say under $150 USD) it's a good deal.

Surprised your Dolomite broke so quickly, I've used several and never had one break.
My HD broke rather quickly too. Nothing like my older Dolomites or even my DD.

stick9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2010, 10:35 PM
Ani simov mal

Wouldn't recommend getting retail franchise gloves because the palm is just plain out terrible, and they are overpriced. Kangaroo palms ftw

Ani simov mal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2010, 12:45 AM
10 ft. pole

Eagle gloves are far better. No break in neccesary and they last forever with proper care and drying.

10 ft. pole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2010, 05:41 AM
bp spec

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anisimov View Post
Wouldn't recommend getting retail franchise gloves because the palm is just plain out terrible, and they are overpriced. Kangaroo palms ftw
mywarriorhockey.com, offers 4 different palms, Kangaroo is one of them. If i could, I would love to order a pair of custom franchise gloves from mywarriorhockey.com. But from what I can tell, you can only order to USA or Canada?

Old
06-16-2010, 06:05 AM
bp spec

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hrad View Post
Actually no I don't, I haven't even seen them
I just know a lot of people who have or used them and that's what they're telling me, so I just thought I'd pass it on.
I would love to try them myself but I'm not touching them at over $200.

Are they not good then? Because everywhere I read they are...
Haha, I don't think they're bad, it's just that I want to know what people who uses them thinks about it.

Actually I can buy a pair of Sr. Hustlers for only $155

Old
06-16-2010, 08:38 AM
meanolthing

I've got a set of the Hustler shoulder guards, and just love 'em. Probably gonna buy a set of the shins too.

meanolthing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2010, 09:21 AM
kickassdrummer

I have the Hustler pants, shins, shoulders, and elbows. All great stuff. If there were specific questions about the pants, I'd be happy to answer them.

kickassdrummer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2010, 09:51 AM
Jarick
Doing Nothing

I'd certainly love to check out more of the Warrior gear...the shoulders look really solid. I'm not in love with my Bauer stuff, but it works pretty well. Stuff doesn't fit me too well since I'm short and wide but have skinnier limbs.

The durability of those HD sticks and blades has been horrible, everyone I've talked to says they break so easily. The older Dolos are bulletproof though, I'd stick with the DD models.

Old
06-16-2010, 09:59 AM
bp spec

Quote:
Originally Posted by kickassdrummer View Post
I have the Hustler pants, shins, shoulders, and elbows. All great stuff. If there were specific questions about the pants, I'd be happy to answer them.
How do you think the Hustler pants stands up against compared to other brands top pants? Like the Bauer One95's , Bauer XXXX ( now X60) , CCM v10's , and the Tacklas 9000?

The Warrior Hustler pant is described as a lightweight pant, very flexible and still good protection, do you think that the description reflects the pants capacity?

Old
06-16-2010, 10:07 AM
bp spec

I don't find the Bauer shoulders, shins and elbow-pads bad. I wear full One95. I don't know what you use, but i find the One95 gear great. Maybe the shoulders are a little tight around the neck, but I got used to it. I have to say that the One70's are the best pads I've ever used actually.

Overall I think the Supreme gear outclasses Vapor big time (the pads)

Old
06-16-2010, 10:36 AM
Jarick
Doing Nothing

Oh it's not bad at all, it's actually pretty decent.

See I have super wide shoulders but a skinny chest, so most shoulder pads creep way up on me. I have the Vapor XXV's now because I play D but am thinking about getting another pair of Sherwood 5030's or Bauer Classic for pickup.

Same with the elbow pads, I have these giant size XL forearms but size M biceps and triceps (from years of drumming)...so I end up with a size L elbow pad and the One55 was the only one that didn't move around on my arm, even though the bicep pad is way too big

And the shins too, 14's are a bit big but 13's are WAY too short, so the One90's are the only ones that come close to fitting, so I have to tape them tight.

With the pants, I'm actually in the market for new ones this year. I've got Vapor XXV's which fit okay, but they're too big in the waist yet too short (even though I'm only 5'8 and am not skinny at 175). I'm looking at Tackla 9000's but really want to check out some Vapor XXXX or X:60's, which are supposed to be based on the Vapor girdle, which is supposed to be amazing.

Like you, I find the padding really lacking in my pants, especially around the hip and tailbone. And playing defense I get hit with some shots and have guys cross checking me in the back/hip area.

Anyways, I was just saying the Warrior stuff looks really intriguing, just wish more people carried it around here, and it's pretty expensive!

Old
06-16-2010, 02:26 PM
vinogradov8

Quote:
They've been very good, the two last seasons I've used them. One pair a season.
One thing, I don't know if It's just me or the pant itself. But when i fall, I often hurt the same spot on the hip (nothing serious,a bruise or so) don't know if it's the padding or just bad luck though.
It might be just you, Ive never hurt my hip yet with these pants.

Old
06-16-2010, 03:05 PM
kickassdrummer

Quote:
How do you think the Hustler pants stands up against compared to other brands top pants? Like the Bauer One95's , Bauer XXXX ( now X60) , CCM v10's , and the Tacklas 9000?

The Warrior Hustler pant is described as a lightweight pant, very flexible and still good protection, do you think that the description reflects the pants capacity?
I think that's a very fair description, yes. The pants are definitely flexible but still offer great padding everywhere you need it, including a nice belly guard and reinforcement in the tailbone area. As far as how they compare, I think the fit is right in the middle of the pack in terms of tightness/looseness. Fairly lightweight too. They're up there with all the top-end stuff in my view.

kickassdrummer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2010, 03:05 PM
bp spec

Actually, I'm going to order a pair of Hustlers and a pair of Franchise gloves in the next couple of days. I'm very excited about it!