HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Vancouver - Buffalo

Old
06-14-2010, 07:53 PM
Thibault41

vCash: 500
Vancouver - Buffalo

To Buffalo:
Kevin Bieksa
Jannik Hansen
2010 4th Rd pick

To Vancouver:
Paul Gaustad
Chris Butler

Buffalo gets a good physical and nasty defenceman who can put up 40+ pts and a young fast forward who is an RFA.

Canucks pick up a veteran 3rd line centre who is physical and a bit nasty too to replace what they lose from Bieksa's departure. They also get a good young defenceman, similar to Bieksa, a late blooming former NCAA player.

Counter proposal? Tweaks?

Thibault41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2010, 07:58 PM
Zubrus Coffee Maker
Blinded by my Zubrus

not enough for gaustead alone. he i probably one of the untouchables in buff

Zubrus Coffee Maker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2010, 07:58 PM
CaptPantalones

Goose will not be moved for anything

CaptPantalones is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2010, 08:00 PM
Moore Money

Love it from a Canucks perspective which means it's proabably not close. Gaustad
is a perfect fit for the Canucks or any team.

Moore Money is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2010, 08:02 PM
hunterguy

Not sure the Canucks would do that already being thin on defence. While I understand the value of Gaustad, I would think that losing Bieksa for an unproven D-man is the last thing they need.

hunterguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2010, 08:42 PM
stokes84

Send a message via AIM to stokes84
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptPantalones View Post
Goose will not be moved for anything
Not at all true. Gaustad is plenty available. He's a 4th line center making $2.5 million, and you think he's untouchable? Buffalo fans really love the effort guys who can't skate or score, I really don't get it.

stokes84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2010, 08:45 PM
CaptPantalones

Quote:
Originally Posted by stokes84 View Post
Not at all true. Gaustad is plenty available. He's a 4th line center making $2.5 million, and you think he's untouchable? Buffalo fans really love the effort guys who can't skate or score, I really don't get it.
Sorry its 100% true. regier will not move for anything. Best faceoff guy, only C with size and the likely captain when Rivet moves on. Ill bet my life hes not moved for anything less then a superstar

CaptPantalones is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2010, 09:07 PM
Ron Barr
Doing it to Death

Replacing Bieksa with Butler would make Vancouver's defense worse, and that's their weakest area right now, a strong blue-line. Butler isn't bad defensively but he isn't very physical and isn't known as a shut-down type of guy. Vancouver needs more shut-down type of defensemen. Value wise this trade seems about even though.

Ron Barr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2010, 09:11 PM
mgeise

Quote:
He should be available, but I highly, highly doubt that he would be traded. I like Gaustad, but he makes too much for the role he fills. Still, he's not going anywhere.

mgeise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2010, 09:14 PM
Chainshot
Global Moderator
Give 'em Enough Rope

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptPantalones View Post
Sorry its 100% true. regier will not move for anything. Best faceoff guy, only C with size and the likely captain when Rivet moves on. Ill bet my life hes not moved for anything less then a superstar
And probably the most important thing -- he's Miller's best friend on the team.

06-14-2010, 09:18 PM
Bullet Tooth Tony

Don't think the Sabres do this, for the reasons mentioned. But I don't think Vancouver does it either - I suspect the Canucks either re-sign Wellwood, whom they have invested a great deal of time and effort in molding into some sort of two-way contributor, or give Hodgson a look-see... so more or less, continuing their recent trend of having a third scoring line as opposed to a specific checking 'stopper' line. They definitely can't afford to move Bieksa, unless if they have something else in the works, or are getting an upgrade.

Last edited by Bullet Tooth Tony: 06-14-2010 at 09:18 PM. Reason: formatting
Bullet Tooth Tony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2010, 11:07 AM
LostMyGlasses*

Quote:
Gaustad isn't the kind of guy you can trade for or sign cheaply. He's of the mold of player you have to draft and develop within your own franchise.

LostMyGlasses* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2010, 11:30 AM
Amd

Quote:
Originally Posted by New Jersey Devils View Post
not enough for gaustead alone. he i probably one of the untouchables in buff
I do not know why you say this. You want Gaustad, sold. He has been tried on every line on this team and he still winds up on the 4th unless injuries force him to slide up. He has seen his role in the PK'ing diminish dramatically and he does nothing on the PP. He stood in front of the net all year on the PP with very little to show in rebounds, screens or shots. He has a great face off percentage that is very hard to replace, but a career 4th line player making 2.5 million can go. They can be replaced.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainshot View Post
And probably the most important thing -- he's Miller's best friend on the team.
Liles is Miller's best friend and I did not see us rushing out to get him.

Amd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2010, 03:25 PM
SabresHockey66

Quote:
Originally Posted by LostMyGlasses View Post
Gaustad isn't the kind of guy you can trade for or sign cheaply. He's of the mold of player you have to draft and develop within your own franchise.
You could have Gaustad for a bag of pucks if it were up to me. Over paid, under achieving, and not enough grit or physicality. I live and breathe the Sabres but he would be yours in a heatbeat if I had my way.

SabresHockey66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2010, 04:26 PM
Kagee*

Quote:
Originally Posted by SabresHockey66 View Post
You could have Gaustad for a bag of pucks if it were up to me. Over paid, under achieving, and not enough grit or physicality. I live and breathe the Sabres but he would be yours in a heatbeat if I had my way.
ok we'll give ya Bernier for him, the ol' change of scenery trade that benefits both teams. OH wait Buffalo had their chance with Bernier, so how about Hansen/Bieksa now that's a steal of a deal for ya.
As fair value imo dictates that a straight swap for Gaustad for Bieska is ideal.

Last edited by Kagee*: 06-15-2010 at 04:32 PM.
Kagee* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2010, 04:36 PM
Chainshot
Global Moderator
Give 'em Enough Rope

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amd View Post
I do not know why you say this. You want Gaustad, sold. He has been tried on every line on this team and he still winds up on the 4th unless injuries force him to slide up. He has seen his role in the PK'ing diminish dramatically and he does nothing on the PP. He stood in front of the net all year on the PP with very little to show in rebounds, screens or shots. He has a great face off percentage that is very hard to replace, but a career 4th line player making 2.5 million can go. They can be replaced.

Liles is Miller's best friend and I did not see us rushing out to get him.
As I said -- on the team.

Chainshot is offline   Reply With Quote