HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Stempniak

Old
06-15-2010, 01:46 PM
BigHabs

vCash: 500
Stempniak

I wonder what this guy is asking for on the market. He made 2.5 this past season, what is value going into the open market, the same, more, or would he be looking for a big raise.

I think this guy would be good for the Habs top line with Gomez and Gionta. If he could come at a cheap price to what he made this season. Pouliot I think has alot of streaky periods throughout the season, I don't know if he would be a consistant top line player.

I like Stempniak's speed, hitting, and play.

You think its worth it for the Habs to look at him or go for a bigger body up front?

BigHabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2010, 02:07 PM
wej20

I don't think he's due much of a raise and I wouldn't give him more than 2 years. He's had some lean seasons to go with some good ones. I'd say max is 3.25 but stranger things have happened in Free Agency.

wej20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2010, 02:08 PM
Belak Attack
:walrus:

Send a message via MSN to Belak Attack
2.5-3. Should stay with Phoenix where he's developed a bit of chemistry. Otherwise, he could turn out to be useless again.

Belak Attack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2010, 03:19 PM
Dr Danglefest
Vindication

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belak Attack View Post
2.5-3. Should stay with Phoenix where he's developed a bit of chemistry. Otherwise, he could turn out to be useless again.
agreed i think he'd be very wise to stay in phoenix for whatever they offer which i would imagine would be slightly more if not the same as last year, 1 half a season shouldnt merit too big of a raise

Dr Danglefest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2010, 03:40 PM
euro dangle*

The same 2.5 million on a 1 year deal, he may have saved his pay slot with that outburst after the trade deadline. He's not going to make more money than he did this past season, I'll guarantee that.

euro dangle* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2010, 03:47 PM
My Sweet Shadow

I'd be wary of signing Stemps to too big of a contract; that 14 goals in 18 games outburst overshadows his lack of production in the majority of the last two seasons. He has the skill to reward a team for signing him, but you never know what player you're going to end up with.

My Sweet Shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2010, 05:33 PM
BigHabs

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Sweet Shadow View Post
I'd be wary of signing Stemps to too big of a contract; that 14 goals in 18 games outburst overshadows his lack of production in the majority of the last two seasons. He has the skill to reward a team for signing him, but you never know what player you're going to end up with.
I know but you have to also give him credit trying to produce on a sub .500 team with the leafs. He started producing in my opinion because he was around the right teammates and on a line that could produce.

I understand what you mean, he did not have a good first 3/4 of a season. I think if he stays on a contending team with the right pieces around him he could still produce like he did.

BigHabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2010, 05:44 PM
Trueblue72

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamblor506 View Post
I wonder what this guy is asking for on the market. He made 2.5 this past season, what is value going into the open market, the same, more, or would he be looking for a big raise.

I think this guy would be good for the Habs top line with Gomez and Gionta. If he could come at a cheap price to what he made this season. Pouliot I think has alot of streaky periods throughout the season, I don't know if he would be a consistant top line player.

I like Stempniak's speed, hitting, and play.

You think its worth it for the Habs to look at him or go for a bigger body up front?
LOL wait till you've seen him a whole season when he's not fighting for a contract.

Trueblue72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2010, 05:45 PM
Carlton Orr*

10 year deal at 8.7 cap hit per year with the leafs

Carlton Orr* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2010, 05:47 PM
Belak Attack
:walrus:

Send a message via MSN to Belak Attack
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlton Orr View Post
10 year deal at 8.7 cap hit per year with the leafs
$15,000 bonus for every goal he doesn't score.

Belak Attack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2010, 05:59 PM
Raym11
Phaneuf sucks

$2m a season tops, 1 year deal

Raym11 is offline   Reply With Quote