HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Compare your picks vs Trevor Timmins

Old
06-10-2010, 08:16 AM
RE-HABS

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corey View Post
IMO Kreider would have been a plausible pick at #18 but I'm not unhappy with Leblanc. It certainly elated the fans at the Bell Centre.
Kreider was a guy I was hoping for, I knew they would take Leblanc, but one can see why Kreider has so much upside after watching him at the WJC.

RE-HABS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2010, 08:26 AM
Melvin Udall

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsfan18 View Post
Nobody on HF is a better scout/drafter than Timmins.

And well Timmins should be better! -

I'm assumung that no one on this board actually scouts amature hockey players for a living.
(I must further assume) most posters have never seen many or perhaps any of these amature players play maybe a single game (with very few exceptions i.e. World Juniors televised games etc.)

And, althought it apparently is not the intention of the poster to start any arguments, I think a more fair comparison is to compare the draft choices of 2 or more professional scouts!

I do expect this post (not thread) to be deleated by the Delusional Hockey Police - because it may appear that I am questioning Trevor Timmins......and God forbid that any body ever do that...and get away with it!

Last edited by Melvin Udall: 06-10-2010 at 08:41 AM.
Melvin Udall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2010, 08:51 AM
Freaky Habs Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by RE-HABS View Post
Kreider was a guy I was hoping for, I knew they would take Leblanc, but one can see why Kreider has so much upside after watching him at the WJC.
Yeah I was happy with the LeBlanc selection, but was kind of mad all of Kredier, Moore, Jacobson and Schreoder were taken right after him. All those players were interesting in my book...We could have another Andrei Kostitsyn/2003 draft situation. But it's still early and for all we know, LeBlanc could become a pretty good player.

Freaky Habs Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2010, 09:46 AM
superstar436

In 2006 I wanted patrick berglund
in 2009 I wanted kulikov and second Leblanc
In 2008 I wanted Jake gardiner ( habs traded their pick )
In 2007 I wanted brandon sutter with the first pick ( gone just before mcdonaugh)

superstar436 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2010, 10:59 AM
BigHabs

18. Louis Leblanc - Jordan Schroeder would have been in my thoughts prior to picking him. I think the whole #1 franchise french centermen was in effect when they made this pick. Not saying it clouded their decision, but there was a few others available when Leblanc was picked. Leblanc can still turn out to be a great player for the Habs.

109. Olivier Roy - I don't like whats going on with the whole Russian thing these days. KHL is keeping their home guys home because they are throwing boat loads of money in their faces at a younger age to compete in (in my opinion) a weaker league than the NHL. Now I am not talking about Russians like Markov, Ovechkin, Kovalchuk and stuff. They want to compete here in the NHL and don't mind being away from home. If you look at Emelin, they say in the offseason we have a chance to get this guy over here but, we can only offer him ELC. He will never come over unless we offer him something reasonable. Avtsin I feel could turn out to the same thing, by not coming to North America, if this keeps going on, I find picking any Russians is like wasting a pick now in my opinion. Some just flee overseas and do not honor their contracts over here and such.

139. Jerry D'Amigo - the guy plays a rough in your face style of hockey I think he is going to turn into a great player in the NHL. He kind of reminds me of a Steve Downie a bit scoring and hitting.

211. Petteri Simila - I like this pick, just alot of good goaltending coming out of Finland, This could turn out to be a gem of a pick, though late, it could be a goalie like Rinne, Niemi, Backstrom,Kipper. Not saying he plays like them, saying he could turn out to be a gem like those our great Finnish goalies.

BigHabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2010, 11:08 AM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

I don't remember the later rounds,but Kreider was the guy I was hoping for.Guess well see in a couple of seasons

Habs 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2010, 11:13 AM
One Man Rock Band
Slater's Gonna Slate

I was really hoping we'd move up to take Zach Budish. He's the type of player I think we need in Montreal.

At #18 the only real choices for me were Leblanc and Schroeder. I liked Palmieri too, but wouldn't have took him at #18. It seemed like a given we were taking Leblanc though, so I never really thought there was much chance of drafting anyone else.

I really wanted Ryan Daugherty with one of our late picks.

One Man Rock Band is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2010, 11:33 AM
Habs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsrule View Post
yes i am a HUGE habs fan and i have full 100% trush in trevor timmins and the rest of the scouting staff.
Why did you have to unleash the Timmins fan club? Now all the fanboys will be running to this thread, yelling about how much of a god he is, while ignoring all his blunders, and posting 'Hindsight is 50/50! '

Habs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2010, 07:56 AM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by natey2k4 View Post
I was really hoping we'd move up to take Zach Budish. He's the type of player I think we need in Montreal.

At #18 the only real choices for me were Leblanc and Schroeder. I liked Palmieri too, but wouldn't have took him at #18. It seemed like a given we were taking Leblanc though, so I never really thought there was much chance of drafting anyone else.

I really wanted Ryan Daugherty with one of our late picks.
I wanted Budish too, he looked solid as a freshman this year, although he's a little slow so not sure Timmins and his staff would like him that much.

montreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2010, 08:04 PM
CanadienErrant*

David Savard instead of Bennett

No Avstin

CanadienErrant* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2010, 09:02 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadienErrant View Post
David Savard instead of Bennett

No Avstin
I was and still am a big David Savard fan. I believe the kid needs to work on footwork Having said that, I'm still and always be a fan and hated that we didn't pick him. Now I like Bennett from the day I saw him at the dev. camp. I believe in him. Now.....I would have hoped and still hope that the bloodlines he has would have make, like Timmins wished, Bennett bigger. If I'm not mistaken, I did read somewhere that Timmins was expecting some kind of growth by this prospect based on his father and uncles. Not sure I saw ANY change whatsoever this year.

Another thing....I was dissapointed by his offensive game at the USHL but that might be my problem. I was expecting more of him. We'll see what he does in the NCAA. But he's really responsible defensively. Great positionaly, nice first pass.....he might be on his way to become our new Josh Gorges.....but let's still hope he has more in him offensively.

Avtsin was a great gamble and I still believe he is. Now Helgeson, Fallstrom, Bourque, Knight, all those guys looked more appealing to me 'cause I knew them more.....but he's a great bet to take. At least, we didn't take that bet in the 1st round...

Whitesnake is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2010, 11:38 PM

2009: Kassian, Leblanc
2008: If we had a 1st.. Beach
2007: Backlund
2006: Don't remember
2005: Kopitar

68 is offline   Reply With Quote