HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Florida Panthers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Untouchables

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
06-13-2010, 10:56 AM
  #1
jol
Registered User
 
jol's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Miami Beach, Florida
Posts: 1,586
vCash: 500
Untouchables

New GM mentioned in GR's blog:

"Tallon said no player on the roster is untouchable and that he spoke with other GMs at the GM meeting and others have called to kick the tires. Show 'em the CarFax"

Vokoun has NTC/NMC clause in his contract, but it looks like he's willing to waive it if target team is right.
Are there any other players in Panthers with NTC/NMC? I believe Horton might have one starting at 7/1, not sure about this.

http://miamiherald.typepad.com/flapa...#ixzz0qkUnokWt

JOL

jol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2010, 12:46 PM
  #2
Great8Cam
Registered User
 
Great8Cam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 679
vCash: 500
Vokie has already waived the NTC.

Timmy's starts 7/1/10. It wouldn't surprise me to see him traded, but I would like to see him stay and get him a real #1 Centre.

It looks like they'll keep Stiller because of his veteran presence in the room. But it would be nice if we could trade Reino, Olesz, Stiller and Vokie, That would free up almost 14 million in cap space.

If you want a serious re-build then Vokie has to go because it frees up so much money (5.7 cap hit) and then you suck it up with mediocre to lower goalies until Markstrom and Selak/Plante can come in. By that time (a year) you have new blood and another 12 million coming off the cap even if Stiller stays.

This is why DT is in such a good position as GM. He's stuck with a few short term big hits until this season is over (10/11). He will see 18 million in cap hit disappear if we still have Koistenen, Vokie, Stiller, McCabe, and Dvo on the Team for the 10/11 season.

This next season in 10/12 is where Matthias, Oresko, Frolik, Repik, Bitz, Ellerby and Salak have to do well to get a nice contract because they're all RFAs for 11/12. However, they're easily qualified and only Oresko and Repik get the 10% with the others at 5%.

Great8Cam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2010, 01:18 PM
  #3
jol
Registered User
 
jol's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Miami Beach, Florida
Posts: 1,586
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Great8Cam View Post
Vokie has already waived the NTC.
He waived that unconditionally? He could be traded to any team?

JOL

jol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2010, 01:23 PM
  #4
Dread Clawz
fmrly MarkstromRules
 
Dread Clawz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Pennsylvania
Country: United States
Posts: 16,192
vCash: 500
IIRC Ballard has some kind of NTC, maybe limited.

Dread Clawz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2010, 01:29 PM
  #5
AwesomePanthers
Go Cats Go
 
AwesomePanthers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Country: Norway
Posts: 8,660
vCash: 500
The thing about noone being untouchable is old news.

Ballard has a limited NTC (can name 7 teams he would move to), McCabe got NMC, Weiss got NMC, Horton has a NTC kicking in the 1st of July and Booth has a limited NTC according to capgeek.com. All these along with Vokoun ofc.

But I'm wondering whats the diffence between a NTC and a NMC?

AwesomePanthers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2010, 01:31 PM
  #6
Dread Clawz
fmrly MarkstromRules
 
Dread Clawz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Pennsylvania
Country: United States
Posts: 16,192
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AwesomePanthers View Post
The thing about noone being untouchable is old news.

Ballard has a limited NTC (can name 7 teams he would move to), McCabe got NMC, Weiss got NMC, Horton has a NTC kicking in the 1st of July and Booth has a limited NTC according to capgeek.com. All these along with Vokoun ofc.

But I'm wondering whats the diffence between a NTC and a NMC?
NMC means you can't be placed in the minors in addition to having NTC.

Dread Clawz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2010, 02:25 PM
  #7
Georgia Panther
Registered User
 
Georgia Panther's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: BufordGA/FranklinNC
Posts: 4,837
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Markstrom Rules View Post
NMC means you can't be placed in the minors in addition to having NTC.
Which is what the Lightning threatened Boyle with if he didn't accept the trade to SJ which I thought was kind of tacky.

Georgia Panther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2010, 02:50 PM
  #8
Mogo
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
 
Mogo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Country: Finland
Posts: 10,193
vCash: 500
I would like to see Weiss, Ballard, Kulikov, Markstrom kept. The rest can go. Of course keep Booth too but I have a bad feeling his career is over

Mogo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2010, 05:41 PM
  #9
CatscratchFever
Cup or bust!
 
CatscratchFever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: O-hi-O
Country: United States
Posts: 2,552
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to CatscratchFever
Move whomever is necessary to facilitate having a competitive team from this point forward. I have no love for any of these losers. I don't need a winning team with Weiss on it, or Horton on it. I need a winning team to cheer for. It's been too long, guys. Way too long. Here's to Tallon making the changes necessary to bring some of that old Panther pride back.

CatscratchFever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2010, 06:18 PM
  #10
305Pantera
Registered User
 
305Pantera's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Miami, Florida
Country: United States
Posts: 348
vCash: 500
People I'd like to see stay are obvious: Weiss, Horton, Matthias, Frolik, Ballard, Kulikov, Ellerby. We're so deep in net the only guys not for grabs is Markstrom. In the end of the day I wouldn't be all too upset to see the roster revamped.

305Pantera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2010, 12:47 AM
  #11
Ghoste
Vigo the Carpathian
 
Ghoste's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: San Diego, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 3,124
vCash: 500
Does anyone see Tallon going into a full-scale rebuild? Even dealing players like Horton, Weiss, and Ballard? Not necessarily for a Spezza or a Carter but rather picks and/or prospects. Maybe the new core group are guys like Booth, Frolik, Kuli, and of course Markstrom. Also, we'll have a ton of money coming off the books (T-Vo, McCabe, and Stillman) after this season.

From the Tallon articles, it doesn't seem like he'll do the full-scale thing. But sometimes you wonder, in the grand scheme of things, if that's what it will take to turn it all around.

-ghoste

Ghoste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2010, 07:04 AM
  #12
harv3317
Registered User
 
harv3317's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 1,297
vCash: 500
another rebuild!!!!! what is that like 4 since 2000?

harv3317 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2010, 10:20 AM
  #13
Acadmus
Moderator
 
Acadmus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Vermont
Country: United States
Posts: 15,439
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mogo View Post
I would like to see Weiss, Ballard, Kulikov, Markstrom kept. The rest can go. Of course keep Booth too but I have a bad feeling his career is over
Probably not just yet, and he may get lucky. He's resumed workouts again, according to one of GR's recent blog posts.

__________________
"...and ultimately it doesn't matter."
Acadmus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2010, 10:35 AM
  #14
pb1300
BLEED RED
 
pb1300's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Aiyio, Greece
Country: Greece
Posts: 10,683
vCash: 500
Send a message via Yahoo to pb1300
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acadmus View Post
Probably not just yet, and he may get lucky. He's resumed workouts again, according to one of GR's recent blog posts.
Luck can only last for so long. If Booth is going to want to continue playing hockey, he is really going to have to start learning to keep his head up. While one of the two concussion-causing hits was dirty, both occured with him having his head down. I thought maybe he would have learned that after the Richards beheading, excuse me, "clean hit," but that obviously wasnt the case.

pb1300 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2010, 11:16 AM
  #15
305Pantera
Registered User
 
305Pantera's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Miami, Florida
Country: United States
Posts: 348
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by pb1300 View Post
Luck can only last for so long. If Booth is going to want to continue playing hockey, he is really going to have to start learning to keep his head up. While one of the two concussion-causing hits was dirty, both occured with him having his head down. I thought maybe he would have learned that after the Richards beheading, excuse me, "clean hit," but that obviously wasnt the case.
Let's be fair, he saw Spacek about a milisecond before impact : hah. I hope he bounces back. My question is, if he isn't showing us the stuff we're paying for, do you guys think he'll officially have a worse contract than Olesz? haha. It seems like him bouncing back is really our only hope. I wonder what his value around the league is as of now?

305Pantera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2010, 11:22 AM
  #16
RainingRats
Registered User
 
RainingRats's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 10,214
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 305Pantera View Post
Let's be fair, he saw Spacek about a milisecond before impact : hah. I hope he bounces back. My question is, if he isn't showing us the stuff we're paying for, do you guys think he'll officially have a worse contract than Olesz? haha. It seems like him bouncing back is really our only hope. I wonder what his value around the league is as of now?
To 99.9% of NHL players they get up from the Spacek hit. Booth, at the time, and still may be, was damaged goods. That was a clean, solid hit but nothing bone crushing. It makes you wonder if Booth will ever be the same. I would be for trading him if someone (unlikely) gives us pre-concussion value for him.

RainingRats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2010, 06:50 AM
  #17
jol
Registered User
 
jol's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Miami Beach, Florida
Posts: 1,586
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghoste View Post
Does anyone see Tallon going into a full-scale rebuild? Even dealing players like Horton, Weiss, and Ballard? Not necessarily for a Spezza or a Carter but rather picks and/or prospects. Maybe the new core group are guys like Booth, Frolik, Kuli, and of course Markstrom. Also, we'll have a ton of money coming off the books (T-Vo, McCabe, and Stillman) after this season.

From the Tallon articles, it doesn't seem like he'll do the full-scale thing. But sometimes you wonder, in the grand scheme of things, if that's what it will take to turn it all around.
Didn't they earlier mentioned that hockey budget will have a slight increase (doesn't necessarily mean that all that increase will go to players' salaries).
Full scale rebuild would be financially big gamble.

JOL

jol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2010, 09:57 AM
  #18
305Pantera
Registered User
 
305Pantera's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Miami, Florida
Country: United States
Posts: 348
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RainingRats View Post
To 99.9% of NHL players they get up from the Spacek hit. Booth, at the time, and still may be, was damaged goods. That was a clean, solid hit but nothing bone crushing. It makes you wonder if Booth will ever be the same. I would be for trading him if someone (unlikely) gives us pre-concussion value for him.
I'd hate to agree with you, but I fear the same. What a glass jaw this kids got! I remember watching this live and thinking "NOT AGAIN!! THis guys DONE!"

305Pantera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2010, 10:09 AM
  #19
Pantherfan12
Registered User
 
Pantherfan12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Sunrise,Florida
Country: United States
Posts: 1,781
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 305Pantera View Post
I'd hate to agree with you, but I fear the same. What a glass jaw this kids got! I remember watching this live and thinking "NOT AGAIN!! THis guys DONE!"
Naw, Booth is gonna be fine.There was articles in the Miami Herald, after the Spacek hit, where Booth was saying that he doesn't feel nearly as bad as the cheap shot from Richards. I think it was more precaution to keep him out the rest of the season then anything else. I think Booth will comeback with more passion and drive then before because he did miss the entire season due to concussion, hopefully this time he does keep his head up though.

Pantherfan12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2010, 09:28 PM
  #20
thrillhous
Registered User
 
thrillhous's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,569
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acadmus View Post
Probably not just yet, and he may get lucky. He's resumed workouts again, according to one of GR's recent blog posts.
I must have missed that, do you have a link?

thrillhous is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:42 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.