HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Florida Panthers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Untouchables

Old
06-13-2010, 10:56 AM
jol

vCash: 500
Untouchables

New GM mentioned in GR's blog:

"Tallon said no player on the roster is untouchable and that he spoke with other GMs at the GM meeting and others have called to kick the tires. Show 'em the CarFax"

Vokoun has NTC/NMC clause in his contract, but it looks like he's willing to waive it if target team is right.
Are there any other players in Panthers with NTC/NMC? I believe Horton might have one starting at 7/1, not sure about this.

http://miamiherald.typepad.com/flapa...#ixzz0qkUnokWt

JOL

jol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2010, 12:46 PM
Great8Cam

Vokie has already waived the NTC.

Timmy's starts 7/1/10. It wouldn't surprise me to see him traded, but I would like to see him stay and get him a real #1 Centre.

It looks like they'll keep Stiller because of his veteran presence in the room. But it would be nice if we could trade Reino, Olesz, Stiller and Vokie, That would free up almost 14 million in cap space.

If you want a serious re-build then Vokie has to go because it frees up so much money (5.7 cap hit) and then you suck it up with mediocre to lower goalies until Markstrom and Selak/Plante can come in. By that time (a year) you have new blood and another 12 million coming off the cap even if Stiller stays.

This is why DT is in such a good position as GM. He's stuck with a few short term big hits until this season is over (10/11). He will see 18 million in cap hit disappear if we still have Koistenen, Vokie, Stiller, McCabe, and Dvo on the Team for the 10/11 season.

This next season in 10/12 is where Matthias, Oresko, Frolik, Repik, Bitz, Ellerby and Salak have to do well to get a nice contract because they're all RFAs for 11/12. However, they're easily qualified and only Oresko and Repik get the 10% with the others at 5%.

Great8Cam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2010, 01:18 PM
jol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Great8Cam View Post
Vokie has already waived the NTC.
He waived that unconditionally? He could be traded to any team?

JOL

Old
06-13-2010, 01:23 PM
Dread Clawz
fmrly MarkstromRules

IIRC Ballard has some kind of NTC, maybe limited.

Dread Clawz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2010, 01:29 PM
AwesomePanthers
Go Cats Go

The thing about noone being untouchable is old news.

Ballard has a limited NTC (can name 7 teams he would move to), McCabe got NMC, Weiss got NMC, Horton has a NTC kicking in the 1st of July and Booth has a limited NTC according to capgeek.com. All these along with Vokoun ofc.

But I'm wondering whats the diffence between a NTC and a NMC?

AwesomePanthers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2010, 01:31 PM
Dread Clawz
fmrly MarkstromRules

Quote:
Originally Posted by AwesomePanthers View Post
The thing about noone being untouchable is old news.

Ballard has a limited NTC (can name 7 teams he would move to), McCabe got NMC, Weiss got NMC, Horton has a NTC kicking in the 1st of July and Booth has a limited NTC according to capgeek.com. All these along with Vokoun ofc.

But I'm wondering whats the diffence between a NTC and a NMC?
NMC means you can't be placed in the minors in addition to having NTC.

Dread Clawz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2010, 02:25 PM
Georgia Panther

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markstrom Rules View Post
NMC means you can't be placed in the minors in addition to having NTC.
Which is what the Lightning threatened Boyle with if he didn't accept the trade to SJ which I thought was kind of tacky.

Georgia Panther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2010, 02:50 PM
Mogo
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

I would like to see Weiss, Ballard, Kulikov, Markstrom kept. The rest can go. Of course keep Booth too but I have a bad feeling his career is over

Mogo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2010, 05:41 PM
CatscratchFever
Cup or bust!

Send a message via AIM to CatscratchFever
Move whomever is necessary to facilitate having a competitive team from this point forward. I have no love for any of these losers. I don't need a winning team with Weiss on it, or Horton on it. I need a winning team to cheer for. It's been too long, guys. Way too long. Here's to Tallon making the changes necessary to bring some of that old Panther pride back.

CatscratchFever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2010, 06:18 PM
305Pantera

People I'd like to see stay are obvious: Weiss, Horton, Matthias, Frolik, Ballard, Kulikov, Ellerby. We're so deep in net the only guys not for grabs is Markstrom. In the end of the day I wouldn't be all too upset to see the roster revamped.

305Pantera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2010, 12:47 AM
Ghoste
Vigo the Carpathian

Does anyone see Tallon going into a full-scale rebuild? Even dealing players like Horton, Weiss, and Ballard? Not necessarily for a Spezza or a Carter but rather picks and/or prospects. Maybe the new core group are guys like Booth, Frolik, Kuli, and of course Markstrom. Also, we'll have a ton of money coming off the books (T-Vo, McCabe, and Stillman) after this season.

From the Tallon articles, it doesn't seem like he'll do the full-scale thing. But sometimes you wonder, in the grand scheme of things, if that's what it will take to turn it all around.

-ghoste

Ghoste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2010, 07:04 AM
harv3317

another rebuild!!!!! what is that like 4 since 2000?

harv3317 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2010, 10:20 AM
Acadmus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mogo View Post
I would like to see Weiss, Ballard, Kulikov, Markstrom kept. The rest can go. Of course keep Booth too but I have a bad feeling his career is over
Probably not just yet, and he may get lucky. He's resumed workouts again, according to one of GR's recent blog posts.

06-14-2010, 10:35 AM
pb1300
BLEED RED

Send a message via Yahoo to pb1300
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acadmus View Post
Probably not just yet, and he may get lucky. He's resumed workouts again, according to one of GR's recent blog posts.
Luck can only last for so long. If Booth is going to want to continue playing hockey, he is really going to have to start learning to keep his head up. While one of the two concussion-causing hits was dirty, both occured with him having his head down. I thought maybe he would have learned that after the Richards beheading, excuse me, "clean hit," but that obviously wasnt the case.

pb1300 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2010, 11:16 AM
305Pantera

Quote:
Originally Posted by pb1300 View Post
Luck can only last for so long. If Booth is going to want to continue playing hockey, he is really going to have to start learning to keep his head up. While one of the two concussion-causing hits was dirty, both occured with him having his head down. I thought maybe he would have learned that after the Richards beheading, excuse me, "clean hit," but that obviously wasnt the case.
Let's be fair, he saw Spacek about a milisecond before impact : hah. I hope he bounces back. My question is, if he isn't showing us the stuff we're paying for, do you guys think he'll officially have a worse contract than Olesz? haha. It seems like him bouncing back is really our only hope. I wonder what his value around the league is as of now?

Old
06-14-2010, 11:22 AM
RainingRats

Quote:
Originally Posted by 305Pantera View Post
Let's be fair, he saw Spacek about a milisecond before impact : hah. I hope he bounces back. My question is, if he isn't showing us the stuff we're paying for, do you guys think he'll officially have a worse contract than Olesz? haha. It seems like him bouncing back is really our only hope. I wonder what his value around the league is as of now?
To 99.9% of NHL players they get up from the Spacek hit. Booth, at the time, and still may be, was damaged goods. That was a clean, solid hit but nothing bone crushing. It makes you wonder if Booth will ever be the same. I would be for trading him if someone (unlikely) gives us pre-concussion value for him.

RainingRats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2010, 06:50 AM
jol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghoste View Post
Does anyone see Tallon going into a full-scale rebuild? Even dealing players like Horton, Weiss, and Ballard? Not necessarily for a Spezza or a Carter but rather picks and/or prospects. Maybe the new core group are guys like Booth, Frolik, Kuli, and of course Markstrom. Also, we'll have a ton of money coming off the books (T-Vo, McCabe, and Stillman) after this season.

From the Tallon articles, it doesn't seem like he'll do the full-scale thing. But sometimes you wonder, in the grand scheme of things, if that's what it will take to turn it all around.
Didn't they earlier mentioned that hockey budget will have a slight increase (doesn't necessarily mean that all that increase will go to players' salaries).
Full scale rebuild would be financially big gamble.

JOL

Old
06-15-2010, 09:57 AM
305Pantera

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainingRats View Post
To 99.9% of NHL players they get up from the Spacek hit. Booth, at the time, and still may be, was damaged goods. That was a clean, solid hit but nothing bone crushing. It makes you wonder if Booth will ever be the same. I would be for trading him if someone (unlikely) gives us pre-concussion value for him.
I'd hate to agree with you, but I fear the same. What a glass jaw this kids got! I remember watching this live and thinking "NOT AGAIN!! THis guys DONE!"

Old
06-15-2010, 10:09 AM
Pantherfan12

Quote:
Originally Posted by 305Pantera View Post
I'd hate to agree with you, but I fear the same. What a glass jaw this kids got! I remember watching this live and thinking "NOT AGAIN!! THis guys DONE!"
Naw, Booth is gonna be fine.There was articles in the Miami Herald, after the Spacek hit, where Booth was saying that he doesn't feel nearly as bad as the cheap shot from Richards. I think it was more precaution to keep him out the rest of the season then anything else. I think Booth will comeback with more passion and drive then before because he did miss the entire season due to concussion, hopefully this time he does keep his head up though.

Pantherfan12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2010, 09:28 PM
thrillhous

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acadmus View Post
I must have missed that, do you have a link?

thrillhous is offline   Reply With Quote