HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Winnipeg Jets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

How do you guys feel about this line up?

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
06-09-2010, 10:06 PM
  #26
Rhodes 81
grit those teeth
 
Rhodes 81's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Atlanta
Country: United States
Posts: 12,189
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eugfest View Post
Why is Bogo on the 3rd pairing of everyone's lineup??
cause we was absolutely awful last season and until i see evidence that he can play like he did as a rookie i'm hoping to god we can sign someone to play on the top pairing.

Rhodes 81 is offline  
Old
06-14-2010, 06:12 PM
  #27
TheFatOne
Mr.Negativo
 
TheFatOne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Malmö, Sweden
Country: Sweden
Posts: 4,380
vCash: 500
Bergfors-Antropov-Little
Kane-Peverley-Armstrong
Pettersson-Reasoner-Artyukhin
Morin-Cormier-Klingberg

TheFatOne is offline  
Old
06-14-2010, 06:27 PM
  #28
BigTuna49
RIP KevFist
 
BigTuna49's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: ATL
Country: Egypt
Posts: 23,081
vCash: 1165
Quote:
Originally Posted by landskronala View Post
Bergfors-Antropov-Little
Kane-Peverley-Armstrong
Pettersson-Reasoner-Artyukhin
Morin-Cormier-Klingberg
No offence, but....

BigTuna49 is offline  
Old
06-14-2010, 06:27 PM
  #29
Thrashers94
We fly as one
 
Thrashers94's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Atlanta
Country: United States
Posts: 1,373
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by landskronala View Post
Bergfors-Antropov-Little
Kane-Peverley-Armstrong
Pettersson-Reasoner-Artyukhin
Morin-Cormier-Klingberg
R2 is KHL bound

Thrashers94 is offline  
Old
06-14-2010, 06:44 PM
  #30
netminder17
Registered User
 
netminder17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Atlanta
Country: United States
Posts: 663
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by landskronala View Post
Bergfors-Antropov-Little
Kane-Peverley-Armstrong
Pettersson-Reasoner-Artyukhin
Morin-Cormier-Klingberg
And Army is gone.

netminder17 is offline  
Old
06-14-2010, 07:07 PM
  #31
KevFist
is best pony
 
KevFist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Birmingham, AL
Country: Northern Ireland
Posts: 5,100
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by landskronala View Post
Bergfors-Antropov-Little
Kane-Peverley-Armstrong
Pettersson-Reasoner-Artyukhin
Morin-Cormier-Klingberg
And Slater's gotta fit in there somewhere.

KevFist is offline  
Old
06-14-2010, 08:39 PM
  #32
Thrashers94
We fly as one
 
Thrashers94's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Atlanta
Country: United States
Posts: 1,373
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by oneel View Post
And Slater's gotta fit in there somewhere.
Yeah, as the 13th forward.

Thrashers94 is offline  
Old
06-15-2010, 03:00 AM
  #33
netminder17
Registered User
 
netminder17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Atlanta
Country: United States
Posts: 663
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrashers94 View Post
Yeah, as the 13th forward.
Not at the beginning of the season, he deserves a chance to keep up what he started last year.

netminder17 is offline  
Old
06-15-2010, 08:39 AM
  #34
headsigh
leave at once!
 
headsigh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Atlanta
Country: Isle of Man
Posts: 9,868
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrashers94 View Post
Yeah, as the 13th forward.
That's a strange way to spell Evgeny Arthyukin.

headsigh is offline  
Old
06-15-2010, 08:43 AM
  #35
AtlantaWhaler
Moderator
Thrash/Preds/Sabres
 
AtlantaWhaler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Country: United States
Posts: 11,446
vCash: 500
Looks like I may be the only one who wants Boults re-signed. With the youth movement happening, we need someone who will drop the gloves to protect the kids, and Thorby isn't that guy.

Bergfors-Antropov-Little
Kane-Peverley-UFA/Trade (Versteeg,Poni, etc...)
Pettersson-Slater-Machacek
Boulton-Reasoner-Thorburn
White

EDIT: Morin, Cormier, and Klingberg all need another year, IMO.

AtlantaWhaler is offline  
Old
06-15-2010, 09:28 AM
  #36
KevFist
is best pony
 
KevFist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Birmingham, AL
Country: Northern Ireland
Posts: 5,100
vCash: 500
I think Boults should be retained as well. The only way I see any change in the 4th line is if Thor moves up to play 3rd line...Which he is entirely capable of.

KevFist is offline  
Old
06-15-2010, 09:44 AM
  #37
AtlantaWhaler
Moderator
Thrash/Preds/Sabres
 
AtlantaWhaler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Country: United States
Posts: 11,446
vCash: 500
Looks like Todd will be getting cozy on the pine again.

Ben:

Quote:
Don't expect any Thrashers buyout news. GM Rick Dudley doesn't think it's an option the team will use this offseason.

AtlantaWhaler is offline  
Old
06-15-2010, 03:57 PM
  #38
TasteofFlames
Registered User
 
TasteofFlames's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Athens, GA
Country: United States
Posts: 2,871
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AtlantaWhaler View Post
Looks like I may be the only one who wants Boults re-signed. With the youth movement happening, we need someone who will drop the gloves to protect the kids, and Thorby isn't that guy.

Bergfors-Antropov-Little
Kane-Peverley-UFA/Trade (Versteeg,Poni, etc...)
Pettersson-Slater-Machacek
Boulton-Reasoner-Thorburn
White

EDIT: Morin, Cormier, and Klingberg all need another year, IMO.
I agree that the team needs someone to drop the gloves. The thing is, Bolts doesn't do it very often, nor is he particularly good at it. By no means is a bad pugilist, I just think if punching capabilities is all you're looking for, there are much better options out there. I have to problem with Keeping Bolts on the 4th line though, he's not a hindrance defensively and has a tendency to go through stretches where he cycles the puck very well.

I also agree that Morin, Cormier, and Klingberg would all be best served with another year of development, but I think at least one of the three will make the team out of camp. Whomever it is probably won't stick with the team for all 82, but one of the three will definitely get a taste. My money is on Cormier. Duds seems very high on him, and he seems to be the most ready to step into the NHL. I'd like Klingberg to stay in Sweden, where I think he will play a bigger role than here which will allow him to develop his offense a little more. Morin will probably stay in Kitchner for another season since I don't think he's old enough for the AHL.

TasteofFlames is offline  
Old
06-15-2010, 04:07 PM
  #39
BigTuna49
RIP KevFist
 
BigTuna49's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: ATL
Country: Egypt
Posts: 23,081
vCash: 1165
Quote:
Originally Posted by TasteofFlames View Post
I agree that the team needs someone to drop the gloves. The thing is, Bolts doesn't do it very often, nor is he particularly good at it. By no means is a bad pugilist, I just think if punching capabilities is all you're looking for, there are much better options out there. I have to problem with Keeping Bolts on the 4th line though, he's not a hindrance defensively and has a tendency to go through stretches where he cycles the puck very well.

I also agree that Morin, Cormier, and Klingberg would all be best served with another year of development, but I think at least one of the three will make the team out of camp. Whomever it is probably won't stick with the team for all 82, but one of the three will definitely get a taste. My money is on Cormier. Duds seems very high on him, and he seems to be the most ready to step into the NHL. I'd like Klingberg to stay in Sweden, where I think he will play a bigger role than here which will allow him to develop his offense a little more. Morin will probably stay in Kitchner for another season since I don't think he's old enough for the AHL.
Uhhhh...yes he is.

BigTuna49 is offline  
Old
06-15-2010, 04:16 PM
  #40
Sabreality
Registered User
 
Sabreality's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Atlanta, GA
Country: United States
Posts: 3,829
vCash: 500
Thrashers have $31m in capspace..no offense to all of these 'potential' lineups, but i'd be SHOCKED if 3 or 4 vets werent brought in up front, whether UFA or by trade.

unless theyre only going to the capfloor..which if thats the case, this team isnt making the playoffs in 10/11

Sabreality is online now  
Old
06-15-2010, 04:33 PM
  #41
flerd_trandle
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 984
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabreality View Post
Thrashers have $31m in capspace..no offense to all of these 'potential' lineups, but i'd be SHOCKED if 3 or 4 vets werent brought in up front, whether UFA or by trade.

unless theyre only going to the capfloor..which if thats the case, this team isnt making the playoffs in 10/11
This team isn't spending to the cap ceiling this season.

I'm not entirely sure this team is going to be bringing in 3 to 4 vets up front unless you are counting Kubina/replacement and Hedberg/replacement among them.

flerd_trandle is offline  
Old
06-15-2010, 04:43 PM
  #42
Sabreality
Registered User
 
Sabreality's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Atlanta, GA
Country: United States
Posts: 3,829
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by flerd_trandle View Post
This team isn't spending to the cap ceiling this season.

I'm not entirely sure this team is going to be bringing in 3 to 4 vets up front unless you are counting Kubina/replacement and Hedberg/replacement among them.
i'm not expecting 'ceiling', and i'm not sure what theyll do either..but rolling with all of these kids, and 'hoping' bergie, little & kane progress isnt gonna cut it imo.

and has Bergie ever played LW..i see he's always slotted there...

but i dont think its out of the question to expect Dudley to bring in more help, even if its 1 Top 6 (MUST be done and preferrably 2) and another bottom 6er/13F..thats not out of the question one bit....i'm excited for all the kids and like the Pettersson signing, but help is needed.

Sabreality is online now  
Old
06-15-2010, 09:43 PM
  #43
TasteofFlames
Registered User
 
TasteofFlames's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Athens, GA
Country: United States
Posts: 2,871
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke49 View Post
Uhhhh...yes he is.
Well, he is good at dropping his glove, yes, but he is an average fighter. Boults true value lies in the fact that he can punch, skate a regular shift, and doesn't hurt the team when he does either.

TasteofFlames is offline  
Old
06-15-2010, 09:58 PM
  #44
BigTuna49
RIP KevFist
 
BigTuna49's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: ATL
Country: Egypt
Posts: 23,081
vCash: 1165
Quote:
Originally Posted by TasteofFlames View Post
Well, he is good at dropping his glove, yes, but he is an average fighter. Boults true value lies in the fact that he can punch, skate a regular shift, and doesn't hurt the team when he does either.


Does this look like an average fighter to you?

I understand that we should look into someone that can bring more to the table then just fighting, but when it comes to fighting, Boults is up there with the best of them.

BigTuna49 is offline  
Old
06-15-2010, 10:31 PM
  #45
Aaronxxx
Registered User
 
Aaronxxx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: atlanta
Posts: 1,252
vCash: 500
boulton isn't the best fighter, but he can hold his own with any player in the league and i've never seen him back down from a challenger. typically, the better the fighter, the more of a liability they are the other minutes they are on the ice. that's where boulton shines, since he's also a pretty decent 4th liner. plus he's a worker and does good things around the community. no need to let him walk as far as i'm concerned

Aaronxxx is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:38 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.