03-16-2005, 11:13 AM
Lessy

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by neg marron
is he the best junior a goalie right now
i mean he only has one loss for the season with 5 shut outs

he might be the steal of his draft class
He is a good goalie but he gets most of those shutouts while facing a low amount of shots per game, something that takes a high degree of focus to do. As for being the best junior A goalie, I'm not too sure about what the West and Quebec have but in Ontario, no one jumps to my head faster than Coleman.

Old
03-16-2005, 11:35 AM
thomasincanada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew_11
He is a good goalie but he gets most of those shutouts while facing a low amount of shots per game, something that takes a high degree of focus to do. As for being the best junior A goalie, I'm not too sure about what the West and Quebec have but in Ontario, no one jumps to my head faster than Coleman.
He also has the highest save percentage in Ontario, I believe, also so it's not just facing a few amount of shots.

However, I have this feeling he may be sitting on the bench for the playoffs this year. At least to start.

Tom

Old
03-16-2005, 12:52 PM
Jaysfanatic*
BJ Elitist/Hipster

well, here's the thing, goalies taken in the later rounds that turn out to be good, isn't uncommon, so I'd definitely say he's not the steal of his draft class.......

Old
03-16-2005, 02:42 PM
DLMDLM

Coles is good but not amazing

He has the best stats in the league without a dought but so do the Knights. I've seen him 20 or so times this yr and he doesn't make many mistakes but that is all you need when most of the shots are from the outside. He is huge so when he goes down the rebounds, if any are really tough to jam in. Since Adam dennis has been with the knights he has better numbers then coleman, just by a bit. Also macdonald looked great on paper when he played for the knights this year ontill he played in Guelph now he looks ordinary. I really like him but we got dennis for a reason and they will both play well in the playoffs.

Old
03-17-2005, 01:51 PM
Knightsfan94

Send a message via MSN to Knightsfan94
Personally as a season ticket holder of the knights i agree that gerald coleman mayy be the best goalie with the stats but when it comes down to the intense games dennis is the man so its basiclly a tie really dennis may not have the stats but he proves it in crutical moments

Old
03-17-2005, 02:38 PM
FearTheFlyers

Yeah Coleman is the best junior goalie that won't see the ice in the playoffs.

Old
03-17-2005, 11:36 PM
whitesox_2000_22*

Coleman is a position tender for sure, most of the goals scored on him are pretty weak goals due to bad positioning..Most teams instead oof dumping it in the corner will dump it on him as he tends to be quite shaky on the long shots but he is a solid goalie who can win some games...dont know how good he would be on another team though...I mean even Ryan McDOnald looked like a star in London and now he is just brutul in Guelph so i guess the only way to find out would be to let him play for another team and well thats cant happen so only time will tell...

Old
03-18-2005, 03:58 PM
Brock

Best stats, yes.

Best goalie? Definitely not. Coleman is a good goalie and he has pro potential, but there are several goalies in which I'd consider to be better goalies. I'd even consider Adam Dennis to be a better goalie at this moment, he has really progressed over his junior career. And that's not even mentioning the handful of guys whom I consider overall better prospects, such as Echelener, Disher, Peters, Shantz....etc.

And to echo everyone elses thoughts here, he probably won't even be the starter in the playoffs.

Old
03-20-2005, 02:26 PM
Knightsfan94

Send a message via MSN to Knightsfan94
Adam Dennis is getting the start for london because he knows guelph better then coleman does i mean coleman is a good goalie but when it comes to guelph colemans not the best goalie to go with, but im sure he will see some time in the guelph serise if not the next one!

Closed Thread