HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

The Trade Proposal Thread ‎2010 (part 3)

Closed Thread

Old
06-16-2010, 07:22 PM
goforit

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 79 André Marcoux View Post
How about the Quick and pick for Carter rumor? I don't think the Flyers should do that but who knows? Halak > Quick

Carter was injured and he was not the same guy when he came back. The Flyers shouldn't trade him but if they do, they shouldn't expect full value.
Did people already forget Halak season and playoffs performance? PG will ask a lot for him.

But at this point, everything is pure fantasy anyway.

Halak for Berglund+ is my guess at the draft.

Dude, have you ever played hockey while injured? Not the easiest thing. Halak's value is high right now, but don't expect him to get us a Carter or something like that.

Do you already forgot that Carter scored 46 goals in 2008-09?

Old
06-16-2010, 07:26 PM
Bieber fever

Guyz ,

I didn't see Avs play very often , but I beleive they might looking for a REAL number 1 goalie. They have 3 center in Duchene , Statsny and ROR........obviously they won't trade duchene , and probably won't trade statsny. So How good is ROR ? he only got 26 points last year , but he's 19 y/o. Would u trade halak for him straigh up ? They are some other player very interesting on the avs's roster like steward and galiardi....but they will require a overpayement.

Old
06-16-2010, 07:41 PM
vokiel
Registered Settler

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotsauce514 View Post
Guyz ,

I didn't see Avs play very often , but I beleive they might looking for a REAL number 1 goalie. They have 3 center in Duchene , Statsny and ROR........obviously they won't trade duchene , and probably won't trade statsny. So How good is ROR ? he only got 26 points last year , but he's 19 y/o. Would u trade halak for him straigh up ? They are some other player very interesting on the avs's roster like steward and galiardi....but they will require a overpayement.
Anderson is their REAL number 1 goalie. Checking his stats should be enough to see this. Plus Budaj isn't exactly the worst second goalie you can have.

Old
06-16-2010, 08:07 PM
Astroboy

Any chance of getting the 1st overall pick from Edmonton...or the 2nd round pick? Price or Halak, AK, SK, Patches, Montreal 1st round pick or a couple of prospects from Hamilton? Might be considered giving up too much, but Montreal needs an impact player, and the players listed above are guys that Montreal could get by without having on the roster. I guess Edmonton does not really need a tender, but a good young one would be key in the rebuilding process. ****, I am no GM. It's a good thing too, or the team might be worse off than they are now. I am just tired of seeing the team hover in mediocrity....I want to see a blockbuster deal this summer that will land us a player or two that will push us over the top. Lets do it!

Old
06-16-2010, 08:14 PM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

Some Flyers fans seem to be on board with/ they kinda like it, but are hesitant wit Halak, 27th, pacs + weber for Carter, Parent Carcillo.

Wit Andrei traded for a pick/ prospect (to restock our cupboard) and Hamrlik traded for something we can bury in the minors, we end up with this. Of course, fantasy....

Scott Gomez ($7.357m) / Mike Cammalleri ($6.000m) / * Jeff Carter ($5.000m)
Brian Gionta ($5.000m) / * Colby Armstrong ($2.500m) / * Benoit Pouliot ($1.500m)
* Dan Carcillo ($1.500m) / * Maxim Lapierre ($1.500m) / Travis Moen ($1.500m)
* Evgeni Artyukhin ($1.250m) / * Tom Pyatt ($1.000m) / Ryan White ($0.850m)
DEFENSEMEN
Andrei Markov ($5.750m) / Jaroslav Spacek ($3.833m)
Hal Gill ($2.250m) / Josh Gorges ($1.100m)
* Ryan Parent ($1.000m) / Ryan O'Byrne ($0.942m)
P.K. Subban ($0.875m) / * Mathieu Carle ($0.850m)
GOALTENDERS
* Carey Price ($2.500m) / * Martin Biron ($1.000m)

Now, having Pouliot and Armstrong as some of our top 6 wingers kinda sucks, but we would have 2 good centres, one big and also a sniper along with Gionta and Cammalleri who are good wingers.

The 3rd line in Carcillo, Moen and Lapierre can agitate they all have some hands to score and all hit. We'll have an actual energy line for once that's not a burden to be on the ice. Lapierre and Moen both kill penalties.

4th line with Arthyukhin, Pyatt and White. The latter two are smaller players, but they can skate, attacking with speed. R2 can as well. White can handle himself in a fight, we all know Pyatt is good defenseively, so we'll have 1 forward who knows what to do and can help out the d. White tries. R2... Eh.. He's there for hitting and occasional fight.

Cammalleri and Carter are both goal scorers, but they can dish the puck too. Armstrong can get into the corners and get the puck free to, say Carter who's downlow helping out too, who can find Cams, and then Carter can get the rebound if there is one.

Gomez, Gio and Pools worked before, it could work again. Especially if Pools adds some weight in a good way and plays physical.

All of that leaves us with 1.4 mill. It includes an extra defenseman. So, we'd just need to call up a forward, like Maxwell, or someone.

Old
06-16-2010, 08:20 PM
Astroboy

[QUOTE=Analyzer;26322122]Some Flyers fans seem to be on board with/ they kinda like it, but are hesitant wit Halak, 27th, pacs + weber for Carter, Parent Carcillo.

Seems like a fair deal to me. I like the lineup you proposed after this trade, however, I still think goals might be hard to come by with those players. It would be a tougher lineup to play against though. This also leaves a huge question mark in net, but as the Cup champs and Flyers have shown, sometimes this is not always a bad thing.

Didn't the Flyers refuse to give up Carter for Halak last season?

Old
06-16-2010, 08:22 PM
YMCMBeaulieu
A$AP MICHEL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Analyzer View Post
Some Flyers fans seem to be on board with/ they kinda like it, but are hesitant wit Halak, 27th, pacs + weber for Carter, Parent Carcillo.
In before Chris Shafer comes in and starts talking about how Philly doesn't need a goalie.

Old
06-16-2010, 08:26 PM
Bieber fever

IMO , Jeff carter is NOT what we need. Yes he's a big righthanded center , but he's not physical and he is more a sniper than a playmaker.

Old
06-16-2010, 08:33 PM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!

Awards:
Quote:
IMO , Jeff carter is NOT what we need. Yes he's a big righthanded center , but he's not physical and he is more a sniper than a playmaker.
Yeah, no room for 46-goal scorers in our rock-solid top six

Old
06-16-2010, 08:37 PM
Chomsky

Quote:
Actually, he is. Akost is a playmaker first, pacioretty is a playmaker first and Cammy can be a playmaker. That, and Carter can also pass the puck. With that said, I'm not really willing to give up all that much for him if we're only to let Plekanec walk after. It'd be terrible assets management.

Old
06-16-2010, 08:46 PM
Jakomyte

Quote:

Carter is exactly what we need. I actually think that Gomez and Carter would complement each other quite well as a pair of centers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chomsky View Post
Actually, he is. Akost is a playmaker first, pacioretty is a playmaker first and Cammy can be a playmaker. That, and Carter can also pass the puck. With that said, I'm not really willing to give up all that much for him if we're only to let Plekanec walk after. It'd be terrible assets management.
While I do think the upgrade from Plekanec to Carter would be worth paying the price of a few valuable assets, this comment made me think about whether we could obtain Carter AND retain Plekanec? Would it be possible if we trade Hamrlik and (assuming Halak is traded for Carter) sign Price for about $1.5-2.0 million?

Pouliot-Gomez-Gionta
Pacioretty-Carter-A. Kostitsyn
Cammalleri-Plekanec-S. Kostitsyn
Pyatt-Lapierre-Moen

For the first time in over a decade, Habs would have great strength down the middle...

Last edited by Jakomyte: 06-16-2010 at 08:51 PM.
Old
06-16-2010, 08:56 PM
CareyClutch
Doing the job

Send a message via MSN to CareyClutch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakomyte View Post

Carter is exactly what we need. I actually think that Gomez and Carter would complement each other quite well as a pair of centers.

While I do think the upgrade from Plekanec to Carter would be worth paying the price of a few valuable assets, this comment made me think about whether we could obtain Carter AND retain Plekanec? Would it be possible if we trade Hamrlik and (assuming Halak is traded for Carter) sign Price for about $1.5-2.0 million?

Pouliot-Gomez-Gionta
Pyatt-Lapierre-Moen

For the first time in over a decade, Habs would have great strength down the middle...
I dont like LW order..Cammy on a third line ? with Pouliot and Pacioretty in front of him? really?
This is for you

And i dont want SK back in the line up
thank you

Old
06-16-2010, 09:02 PM
Jakomyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by jason allison'fans View Post
I dont like LW order..Cammy on a third line ? with Pouliot and Pacioretty in front of him? really?
This is for you

And i dont want SK back in the line up
thank you
Then change the order of the LWs and swap S. Kostitsyn for White. The point of my post was to point out how nice it would be to have a center lineup of Gomez-Carter-Plekanec-Lapierre, assuming its viable financially.

...oh, and you can have your back.

Old
06-16-2010, 09:54 PM
Chomsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakomyte View Post

Pouliot-Gomez-Gionta
Pyatt-Lapierre-Moen

If you get Carter, you get him Cammy and Akost. C'mon man. Pacioretty is not ready for an offensive role yet and S.Kost will not likely be back, so Plekanec is more likely to play with Moen and Lapierre.

Moreover, Markov-O'byrne, Spacek-Subban, Gill-Gorges is alright, but we need more depth.

edit: Actually, the only viable solution is moving Carter to the RW, which kills the purpose of getting him, except if you trade Akost for a cheap borderline top 6 player.

Old
06-16-2010, 10:19 PM
Kimota
Nation of Poutine

Jaroslav Halak and Andrei Kostitsyn

For

Alexander Semin

Caps get the goalie that beat them in the playoffs and while losing a skilled guy, they at least get another in return(who would shine in the Caps high offense envrionment).

Habs get an offensive powerhouse.

Old
06-16-2010, 10:23 PM
clarke19

I would not want Semin. He was horrid for them in the playoffs, bad for Russia at the WC and just seems very enigmatic.

Old
06-16-2010, 10:36 PM
Bieber fever

I heard Dipeitro is not likely to recover from is injury....His career might be at risk.

halak + 1st vs Islanders's 1st ( 5th overall ) .

we could draft someone like : Gudbronson, connolly , nino , gormley, Johanson..

Old
06-16-2010, 10:39 PM
Kimota
Nation of Poutine

Quote:
Originally Posted by clarke19 View Post
I would not want Semin. He was horrid for them in the playoffs, bad for Russia at the WC and just seems very enigmatic.
I was thinking about that too but then I realised that the guy ranks up the score boards like crazy.

He may not be the first guy I would go after because I prefer grit and determination. But I would welcome him just on pure talent alone.

Old
06-16-2010, 10:41 PM
clarke19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimota View Post
I was thinking about that too but then I realised that the guy ranks up the score boards like crazy.

He may not be the first guy I would go after because I prefer grit and determination. But I would welcome him just on pure talent alone.
Sure, he'd be welcomed. But he isn't what I want right now, and his play when the going gets tough does not look promising.

Old
06-16-2010, 10:44 PM
Kimota
Nation of Poutine

Quote:
Originally Posted by clarke19 View Post
Sure, he'd be welcomed. But he isn't what I want right now, and his play when the going gets tough does not look promising.
I'm thinking that maybe in a different environment than the high scoring Caps it may be great for him. These guys are one dimensional and follow the example of AO who always plays the same way.

Old
06-16-2010, 10:45 PM
Ginu

I posted this in the Bob McKenzie thread. Thoughts?:

Halak + AK for Malone + 6th overall
SK + 1st in 2011 for Sharp
6th overall + 27th overall for 4th overall

That gets us two top 6 wingers and 4th overall this year. Heck, Florida is trading Horton by next week and is looking for a top 2 centreman:

Plekanec for Horton

Horton only makes $4m a year for the next 3 years and we'd be adding plenty of size to our top 6. Buffalo is offering Tim Connolly who is injured half the year.

Cammalleri - Horton - Sharp
Malone - Gomez - Gionta

As our top 2 lines. The only issue that I see with these 4 moves is Plekanec is a pending UFA.

Old
06-16-2010, 10:49 PM
Bieber fever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginu View Post
I posted this in the Bob McKenzie thread. Thoughts?:

Halak + AK for Malone + 6th overall
SK + 1st in 2011 for Sharp
6th overall + 27th overall for 4th overall

That gets us two top 6 wingers and 4th overall this year. Heck, Florida is trading Horton by next week and is looking for a top 2 centreman. Trade Plekanec to Florida for Horton who has size and only makes $4m a year for the next 3 years and you've added plenty of size to your top 6.
TBL get ripp off in the first deal.
In the second deal , it depend on how deseperate hawks are to have cap relief.
and why moving from 6th to 4th overall ? you have any player you want particuraly ?

Old
06-16-2010, 10:50 PM
Ginu

Quote:
TBL get ripp off in the first deal.
In the second deal , it depend on how deseperate hawks are to have cap relief.
and why moving from 6th to 4th overall ? you have any player you want particuraly ?
Gudbranson or Fowler. You'd then have Gudbranson/Fowler, Subban, Gorges and O'Byrne as your young D core with Markov.

Old
06-16-2010, 10:52 PM
Jakomyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chomsky View Post
If you get Carter, you get him Cammy and Akost. C'mon man. Pacioretty is not ready for an offensive role yet and S.Kost will not likely be back, so Plekanec is more likely to play with Moen and Lapierre.

Moreover, Markov-O'byrne, Spacek-Subban, Gill-Gorges is alright, but we need more depth.

edit: Actually, the only viable solution is moving Carter to the RW, which kills the purpose of getting him, except if you trade Akost for a cheap borderline top 6 player.
As I mentionned before, I just tossed random winger into those lines. I was trying to emphasize that having all 3 of Gomez, Carter and Plekanec would give us strength down the middle that we have not had in a long time. I think it would benefit the team both offensively and dfensively, if we can afford it.

Old
06-16-2010, 10:56 PM
Kimota
Nation of Poutine

I'd like to see the Habs reach out to the Hawks and try getting a package of Sharp, Ladd and Eager. Hawks want to shed salaries, both Ladd and Eager are RFAs, expect a good raise in the summer. If you get these guys, they come in together so they're less displeased to come here. I don't know wich guys the Hawks would take in return though as they can't take big salaries. Perhaps draft picks and young guys...?

Closed Thread