HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Rink
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
The Rink For the not so ready for prime-time players, coaches, referees, and the people that have to live with them. Discuss experiences in local leagues, coaching tips, equipment, and training.

Powertek Endurance Stick

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
06-17-2010, 12:14 AM
  #1
kmdowney
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 59
vCash: 500
Powertek Endurance Stick

Haven't seen much said about Powertek equipment in the states, but I picked up their low end stick for $40, and love it! Best stick for the money I've ever used. 90 flex C curve.

Anybody else tried Powertek sticks?

kmdowney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2010, 01:55 AM
  #2
vinogradov8
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Gulf Breeze, FL
Country: Russian Federation
Posts: 79
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to vinogradov8
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmdowneyinc View Post
Haven't seen much said about Powertek equipment in the states, but I picked up their low end stick for $40, and love it! Best stick for the money I've ever used. 90 flex C curve.

Anybody else tried Powertek sticks?
I don't trust anything but CCM and Bauer.

vinogradov8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2010, 02:41 AM
  #3
doobie604
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 691
vCash: 500
what's there to trust? all the companies gets taken over then sold then taken over all the time. i think ccm is owned by rbk, bauer was owned by nike, all personal preference.

doobie604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2010, 05:06 AM
  #4
ryangib
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 515
vCash: 500
i used a powertek about a year ago...good price, a little heavy for my liking but def worth the 40 or 50 bucks i spent on it.

ryangib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2010, 08:37 AM
  #5
Heat McManus
Registered User
 
Heat McManus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Alexandria, VA
Country: United States
Posts: 10,407
vCash: 500
well I always trust the guy using his first post to make a thread about an unheard of product.

Heat McManus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2010, 11:06 AM
  #6
kmdowney
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 59
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heat McManus View Post
well I always trust the guy using his first post to make a thread about an unheard of product.
I don't have anything to do with the company, if that's the inference.

Been on the boards for a while during the NHL playoffs last year and this year but never posted.

My background is the golf industry, and I know who makes what products in which factories in china. Hockey equipment is no different. There are a lot of products out there that are very good that few people have heard of. The companies offer a lower price-point in exchange for the fact that they don't dedicate much budget to advertising.

Like golf equipment, I would assume (but don't know for sure) that all of the sticks on the market are made in no more than a few factories.

Was just mentioning, as I think the stick is awesome for $40. If you want me to mention a brand name too, then I think the Reebok 4k is a great stick for the price as well.

kmdowney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2010, 11:46 AM
  #7
hoonking
 
hoonking's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 156
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by vinogradov8 View Post
I don't trust anything but CCM and Bauer.
I don't understand what kind of trust there is with a mega corporation like CCM / Bauer. Sticking to their products exclusively can make you miss out on some great pieces.

hoonking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2010, 04:21 PM
  #8
AIREAYE
Moderator
 
AIREAYE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Country: China
Posts: 3,334
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmdowneyinc View Post
I don't have anything to do with the company, if that's the inference.

Been on the boards for a while during the NHL playoffs last year and this year but never posted.

My background is the golf industry, and I know who makes what products in which factories in china. Hockey equipment is no different. There are a lot of products out there that are very good that few people have heard of. The companies offer a lower price-point in exchange for the fact that they don't dedicate much budget to advertising.

Like golf equipment, I would assume (but don't know for sure) that all of the sticks on the market are made in no more than a few factories.

Was just mentioning, as I think the stick is awesome for $40. If you want me to mention a brand name too, then I think the Reebok 4k is a great stick for the price as well.
Unless you've tried any of the higher end sticks or even wood sticks to compare with, your opinion doesn't have much leverage. Good to know that Powertek is an option for those budget-conscious though, thanks

AIREAYE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2010, 10:20 PM
  #9
kmdowney
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 59
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoonking View Post
I don't understand what kind of trust there is with a mega corporation like CCM / Bauer. Sticking to their products exclusively can make you miss out on some great pieces.
Coming from Slazenger and then Callaway, I would concur with this entirely!!

kmdowney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2010, 10:22 PM
  #10
kmdowney
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 59
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AIREAYE View Post
Unless you've tried any of the higher end sticks or even wood sticks to compare with, your opinion doesn't have much leverage. Good to know that Powertek is an option for those budget-conscious though, thanks
I have purchased one Warrior stick that was $200 give or take that I got for $100. It was very light, and certainly a great stick, however I wouldn't trust the durability to spend more than $50 or so on a hockey stick. But, some guys use a stick for more than a year. I've broken three in the past few months!

kmdowney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2010, 11:10 PM
  #11
vinogradov8
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Gulf Breeze, FL
Country: Russian Federation
Posts: 79
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to vinogradov8
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoonking View Post
I don't understand what kind of trust there is with a mega corporation like CCM / Bauer. Sticking to their products exclusively can make you miss out on some great pieces.
Tried Easton sticks and skates, tried rebook skates, and I can't say they are even close to CCM and Bauer for me. Nike is a good brand, all their products are awesome and RBK kept a lot of the stuff the same (except I hate that they changed the logo and changed some other stuff with their new line). I use Bauer gloves (x-lite, cheap and decent), Bauer Stick (one85, and its awesome), and bauer skates (one75's also awesome). And the rest is CCM, (also have a V08 ccm stick which is really good). So I don't think im missing out on anything, im happy at where I am at. I would be willing to try a $50 stick is a lot of people said it good, but otherwise im not breaking my loyalty from the companies. Reebok should be out of hockey completely.

vinogradov8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2010, 11:50 PM
  #12
GuitarAwesome
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 266
vCash: 500
I wouldn't allow a Powertek stick to prop open a door for me, much less used it in a game.

For the price, they're fine, for beginner players, or casual people.

GuitarAwesome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2010, 10:13 AM
  #13
kmdowney
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 59
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuitarAwesome View Post
I wouldn't allow a Powertek stick to prop open a door for me, much less used it in a game.

For the price, they're fine, for beginner players, or casual people.
Ever tried one?

They seem to do pretty well in Canada.

kmdowney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2010, 11:05 AM
  #14
noobman
Registered User
 
noobman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,636
vCash: 500
I wouldn't trust the quality of a $40 composite hockey stick, regardless of the brand. At that price point you should try and find a good wooden stick.

I'm in need of a backup stick though, so if I can find one I'll give it a shot.

noobman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2010, 01:21 PM
  #15
nystromshairstylist
Scoring at will
 
nystromshairstylist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: On the perimeter
Country: Barbados
Posts: 688
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by noobman View Post
I wouldn't trust the quality of a $40 composite hockey stick, regardless of the brand. At that price point you should try and find a good wooden stick.

I'm in need of a backup stick though, so if I can find one I'll give it a shot.
Not that experienced, but my CCM U+ composite for $50 held up last night - no slapshots though...it is a lot heavier than high-end comps though.

nystromshairstylist is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:14 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.