HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Notices

Francis Bouillon re-signed 2 yrs/$2.7 mil (Team Confirmed)

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
06-16-2010, 10:59 PM
  #1
Meandmyself
Registered User
 
Meandmyself's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 253
vCash: 500
Francis Bouillon re-signed 2 yrs/$2.7 mil (Team Confirmed)

It says that Bouillon re-sign with Nashville for two years.

Source: Sorry it's all in french,

http://lcn.canoe.ca/lcn/sports/nouve...16-211524.html
http://www.rds.ca/hockey/chroniques/300876.html
http://www.ckac.com/hockey/nouvelles...ons-18359.html


Last edited by Seth Lake: 06-18-2010 at 04:10 PM. Reason: Done Deal!!!
Meandmyself is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2010, 11:00 PM
  #2
token grinder
Registered User
 
token grinder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: USA
Posts: 4,121
vCash: 500
Bouillon making delicious soup for two more years

http://lcn.canoe.ca/lcn/sports/nouve...16-211524.html


according to yahoo babelfish:

VAT Nouvelles learned that the Québécois hockeyor Francis Bouillon accepted an new agreement with Predators of Nashville. According to our sources, it is about a two years agreement, but one is unaware of with how much the wages of the defender will rise. 34 years old, Francis Bouillon marked three goals and piled up eight master keys in 81 matches with Predators last season. He played during nine seasons with the Canadian of Montreal before becoming autonomous player, last year, and signing a one year old contract of 750.000 $ with Predators He would be become again autonomous player without compensation on July 1.

token grinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2010, 11:02 PM
  #3
Webersmashpuck
Registered User
 
Webersmashpuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Spring Hill
Country: United States
Posts: 1,124
vCash: 1088
Any word on how much yet? Im hoping its around 1m a year.

Webersmashpuck is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2010, 11:04 PM
  #4
Seth Lake
Registered User
 
Seth Lake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Nashville, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 8,855
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Seth Lake
Gonna keep this as a rumor until we see confirmation by the team.

Depending on the money, I like having Bouillon back. He is what he is and isn't a top-pair defenseman, but we don't need him to be. Bouillon provides a solid veteran presence back on the blueline and served as a solid tutor for both Franson and Klein last season.

Will probably be asked to play a little larger role this year if Hamhuis is gone and not replaced, but I don't foresee Coach Peterson pushing 20 minutes a night with Bouillon and I'm fine with that...

Seth Lake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2010, 11:07 PM
  #5
Meandmyself
Registered User
 
Meandmyself's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 253
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Webersmashpuck View Post
Any word on how much yet? Im hoping its around 1m a year.
No money numbers yet, but I guess it will be around 1 million a year.



By the way, it's still a rumor.


Last edited by Meandmyself: 06-17-2010 at 12:08 AM.
Meandmyself is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2010, 11:14 PM
  #6
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Country: Italy
Posts: 23,273
vCash: 500


we're going to bring back our two worst dmen & let hammer walk ... bravo Poile

Joe T Choker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2010, 11:15 PM
  #7
sparkle twin
I luv u summertime
 
sparkle twin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Hendersonville, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 2,897
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to sparkle twin Send a message via AIM to sparkle twin
Good, I hope this is true. I liked having him back there, he was a little bit of stability for some not so stable dmen.

sparkle twin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2010, 11:23 PM
  #8
Seth Lake
Registered User
 
Seth Lake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Nashville, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 8,855
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Seth Lake
Quote:
Originally Posted by Conando View Post


we're going to bring back our two worst dmen & let hammer walk ... bravo Poile
Economics 101...

Hamhuis won't take a discount to go to Vancouver, ergo...he's priced himself out of but a handful of markets and certainly Nashville is one of them...

I hate it, but it's the reality of the situation...

Seth Lake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2010, 11:30 PM
  #9
kivaerijo
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: EastNashville
Country: United States
Posts: 1,372
vCash: 500
not sure i agree with him being one of our worst dmen last year. hamhuis looked pretty bad at times in my opinion. i dont think i could pick the two worst dmen last year hoenstly. i think francis was a huge pleasant surprise. wasnt expecting much from him last year, and he proved to be a solid defensman...and had grit to boot. love francis personally. and pretty sure we cant afford hammy with suter and weber up in the next couple years.

love how they said he was signing "for about 2 years" in the article. what is that? through christmas of 2011?

kivaerijo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2010, 11:47 PM
  #10
PredsV82
Puckaroni and cheese
 
PredsV82's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Outside
Country: Scotland
Posts: 12,592
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Conando View Post


we're going to bring back our two worst dmen & let hammer walk ... bravo Poile
Buillon was far from our worst defenseman and this team has better things to do with 4 million dollars than spend it on only our 3rd best defenseman.

if hammer signs somewhere for 3 mil a year, then shame on poile, but if its 4 mil or more, then it was the right thing to do.

PredsV82 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2010, 11:50 PM
  #11
kivaerijo
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: EastNashville
Country: United States
Posts: 1,372
vCash: 500
you know what will happen now. he will be signed for 3.5. then what? shame on poile, or? i kind of think that in the future, even that 3 mil would be better served elsewhere. would love to sign hammy for 3 mil for 2 years, but i am sure he is looking for more money and longer term. just dont think we need to wrap up even 3 mil in him for 5 years plus.

kivaerijo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2010, 11:55 PM
  #12
glenngineer
Registered User
 
glenngineer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Spring Hill, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 3,939
vCash: 500
Bouillon was as pleasant a surprise on the blue line last year for us. Great pick up at a great price. My only concern with the Cube is that last year was the most games he's ever played in a season at 81. He has a history of injury issues so I hope they don't rear their ugly head. I loved his game though. He brought it every night, had grit, decent puck skills, solid veteran presence. If he's back, it'll make me rest a little easier tonight than I have for the last few weeks not knowing what the blue line was going to look like.

glenngineer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2010, 12:02 AM
  #13
roseyc
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 1,065
vCash: 500
You know something tells me that Poile/Owners are going up the pocketbooks a little more and sign Hamhuis. They realized that we were close to beating Chicago in the first round but we couldn't score. Plus the market wants this team to get past the 1st round. I know we didn't have Hornqvist but our older players were beat down and Wilson was overwhelmed. I think they will be make a trade for a winger as well. Just a gut reaction but time will tell. I'm gauging my sensors

roseyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2010, 12:17 AM
  #14
PredsV82
Puckaroni and cheese
 
PredsV82's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Outside
Country: Scotland
Posts: 12,592
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by roseyc View Post
You know something tells me that Poile/Owners are going up the pocketbooks a little more and sign Hamhuis. They realized that we were close to beating Chicago in the first round but we couldn't score. Plus the market wants this team to get past the 1st round. I know we didn't have Hornqvist but our older players were beat down and Wilson was overwhelmed. I think they will be make a trade for a winger as well. Just a gut reaction but time will tell. I'm gauging my sensors
you may be right about opening the pocketbooks but overspending for a #3 dman wont be what they use the money on... and it sure wont improve our scoring

PredsV82 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2010, 12:48 AM
  #15
glenngineer
Registered User
 
glenngineer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Spring Hill, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 3,939
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PredsV82 View Post
you may be right about opening the pocketbooks but overspending for a #3 dman wont be what they use the money on... and it sure wont improve our scoring
What about spending $3 million on Grebs? Would that help our scoring at all? Not being snide. I think he would be a good re-signing if we're going to open up the wallets a little bit. We're basically replacing Hamhuis with Grebs in doing so. Downside is you have 4 penalty killing defensemen in Suter, Weber, Klein and Bouillon so any time one of those 4 take a penalty either Franson or Grebs is now killing penalties as well.

Any guesses on what they might be paying Bouillon? $2.5 million for 2 years is my guess.

glenngineer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2010, 12:57 AM
  #16
kivaerijo
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: EastNashville
Country: United States
Posts: 1,372
vCash: 500
betting it is close to that glen. but as far as the other statement. ya, i think grebs will help score more goals than hamhuis did. but also yes, he will be a little bit of a liability at times. but he has some decent speed to catch up to those mistakes.

kivaerijo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2010, 01:56 AM
  #17
MarkMM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Delta, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 941
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kivaerijo View Post
betting it is close to that glen. but as far as the other statement. ya, i think grebs will help score more goals than hamhuis did. but also yes, he will be a little bit of a liability at times. but he has some decent speed to catch up to those mistakes.
Agree with both you and glen, and one has to think that Grebeshkov also brings something to your powerplay which isn't nothing. For a million less than Hamhuis, I think they'll bite the bullet and pull the trigger on Grebs qualifying unless they can get him on a multi-year deal at a lower amount.

Weber - Suter
Grebeshkov - Boullion
Klein - ?

Not the end of the world considering you're losing a pretty good d-man in Hamhuis (well, likely will, though I wouldn't rule out him returning if ownership thinks the extra million is worth him over Grebs).

MarkMM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2010, 06:06 AM
  #18
PredsV82
Puckaroni and cheese
 
PredsV82's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Outside
Country: Scotland
Posts: 12,592
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by glenngineer View Post
What about spending $3 million on Grebs? Would that help our scoring at all? Not being snide. I think he would be a good re-signing if we're going to open up the wallets a little bit. We're basically replacing Hamhuis with Grebs in doing so. Downside is you have 4 penalty killing defensemen in Suter, Weber, Klein and Bouillon so any time one of those 4 take a penalty either Franson or Grebs is now killing penalties as well.

Any guesses on what they might be paying Bouillon? $2.5 million for 2 years is my guess.
I think signing grebs would help the offense but I dont think poile is wanting to give him 3 million and thats where it gets tricky.

if we dont qualify him at 3.15, he can walk as a UFA

if we do qualify him, and he takes the QO, we are stuck with him for one year and then almost certainly lose him next year unless poile trades his rights.


what I think poile must be banking on(if he intends to re-sign grebs at all) is Grebs and his agent knowing that he wont get 3 mil on the open market, and getting him to sign a longer deal for more reasonable money... say 2 years at 2.5 per, or 3 at 2.25.

the problem with projecting grebs salary is we didnt see him that much last year to have any idea of what he would likely get on the open market, but everyone i have seen post says he wasnt/isnt worth 3 mil.


as for cube im guessing 2 years 2.5 but possibly backloaded a little, say 1 mil this year and 1.5 next

PredsV82 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2010, 06:13 AM
  #19
PredsV82
Puckaroni and cheese
 
PredsV82's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Outside
Country: Scotland
Posts: 12,592
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkMM View Post
Agree with both you and glen, and one has to think that Grebeshkov also brings something to your powerplay which isn't nothing. For a million less than Hamhuis, I think they'll bite the bullet and pull the trigger on Grebs qualifying unless they can get him on a multi-year deal at a lower amount.

Weber - Suter
Grebeshkov - Boullion
Klein - ?

Not the end of the world considering you're losing a pretty good d-man in Hamhuis (well, likely will, though I wouldn't rule out him returning if ownership thinks the extra million is worth him over Grebs).
franson will fill in your "?" at least to start the season. he seemed to have solidified that #6 spot last year.

Sulzer probably gets the #7 since hes on a one way deal.

I think the signing of cube almost guarantees that poile is planning on hammer not being back. I think if he was somehow gonna shoehorn hammer into the budget he would have been forced to fill the grebs spot with a league minimum contract.

I think as long as Pekka is solid that D-corps will be fine.

PredsV82 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2010, 06:13 AM
  #20
Seth Lake
Registered User
 
Seth Lake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Nashville, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 8,855
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Seth Lake
Quote:
Originally Posted by PredsV82 View Post
I think signing grebs would help the offense but I dont think poile is wanting to give him 3 million and thats where it gets tricky.

if we dont qualify him at 3.15, he can walk as a UFA

if we do qualify him, and he takes the QO, we are stuck with him for one year and then almost certainly lose him next year unless poile trades his rights.

what I think poile must be banking on(if he intends to re-sign grebs at all) is Grebs and his agent knowing that he wont get 3 mil on the open market, and getting him to sign a longer deal for more reasonable money... say 2 years at 2.5 per, or 3 at 2.25.

the problem with projecting grebs salary is we didnt see him that much last year to have any idea of what he would likely get on the open market, but everyone i have seen post says he wasnt/isnt worth 3 mil.
Quote:
Nashville has not yet decided whether or not they are willing to make Grebeshkov the $3.1 million qualifying offer necessary to keep his rights, but it does not appear that they are willing to do so.

“It will be a little difficult with a 3.1 qualifying number,” Poile said. “We are going to talk to his agent and see what he is thinking, and then make a decision.”
http://www.examiner.com/x-8246-Nashv...ators-Examiner

I agree. Poile is not going to qualify Grebs as a RFA at $3.1 million, but I have no doubt that Poile wants him re-signed for next season if they can reach a compromise.

For Grebs to be re-signed, he is going to have to take a lower salary in exchange for a little more security and stability. I think Grebeshkov can be a solid performer here and hope that he believes this is a good situation for him too, because honestly...I think if re-signed he'll revert back to his '08-'09 form where he was Edmonton's best defenseman...

Seth Lake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2010, 07:37 AM
  #21
lstcyr
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 1,965
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kivaerijo View Post
love how they said he was signing "for about 2 years" in the article. what is that? through christmas of 2011?
it's the babelfish translator. another translator gave me: "it is a two-year agreement"

When I read it, that's what it looks like to me also.

lstcyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2010, 08:40 AM
  #22
glenngineer
Registered User
 
glenngineer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Spring Hill, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 3,939
vCash: 500
We have confirmation.

http://tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=324897

2 years for $2.7 million.

glenngineer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2010, 08:44 AM
  #23
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD
 
BigFatCat999's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Campbell, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 9,937
vCash: 500
Pure and simple, Hammer is walking. You don't give #1 money to a #3 defenseman. Sorry but that is what Hamhuis is looking for and Nashville can't afford that. Hammer at 3 million or the contract for Hornqvist and Bouillon? Your choice. Weber and Suter are the #1 pairing. And as much as people whine and moan; Klein and Bouillon are #2 and that fits. Sulzer-Franson-Laakso for the third pairing. I think Grebs will be traded for picks. Unless Poile can magically sign him for less than 3.15 million a year. If he can, then buh-bye Sulzer or Laakso.

BigFatCat999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2010, 08:52 AM
  #24
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod
 
barrytrotzsneck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Nashville, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 31,116
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFatCat999 View Post
Pure and simple, Hammer is walking. You don't give #1 money to a #3 defenseman. Sorry but that is what Hamhuis is looking for and Nashville can't afford that. Hammer at 3 million or the contract for Hornqvist and Bouillon? Your choice. Weber and Suter are the #1 pairing. And as much as people whine and moan; Klein and Bouillon are #2 and that fits. Sulzer-Franson-Laakso for the third pairing. I think Grebs will be traded for picks. Unless Poile can magically sign him for less than 3.15 million a year. If he can, then buh-bye Sulzer or Laakso.
totally agree. Every dollar counts for us. Do we really need to drop 4 million on Hamhuis(I fully expect him to get at least that) when we're on the cusp of having to give Weber and Suter no less than 6 million a year?

__________________
www.thepredatorial.com

barrytrotzsneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2010, 08:59 AM
  #25
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD
 
BigFatCat999's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Campbell, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 9,937
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by barrytrotzsneck View Post
totally agree. Every dollar counts for us. Do we really need to drop 4 million on Hamhuis(I fully expect him to get at least that) when we're on the cusp of having to give Weber and Suter no less than 6 million a year?
Looking at the salary projections because of Arnott and Sully leaving Weber and Suter should be fully paid for. Dumont's contract can pay someone else.

BigFatCat999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:15 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.