HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

As per Bob McKenzie's segment on the Team 990

Old
06-16-2010, 09:31 PM
clarke19

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoke Monster View Post
to Tampa Bay: Carey Price, Yannick Weber, Harmlik
to Montreal:Alex Hutchings, Tampa Bay Lightning 2010 first round pick 6th
Not going to happen. Tampa is not the most financially secure team so they don't want Hammers contract. They have no real reason to make this trade besides to get Price. This makes no sense.

clarke19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2010, 10:40 PM
Jakomyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by ECWHSWI View Post
It would only if the W we acquire is A LOT better that AK, wich isnt the case with Malone...
Exactly. You can argue that Malone and Kostitsyn are different players, but it would be more of a lateral move than an upgrade. Add to the fact that the Habs add more pieces AND that Malone is older and more expensive and it doesn't make sense at all.

Jakomyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2010, 10:42 PM
Ginu

Halak + AK for Malone + 6th overall
SK + 1st in 2011 for Sharp
6th overall + 27th overall for 4th overall

That gets us two top 6 wingers and 4th overall this year.

Ginu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2010, 06:54 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginu View Post
Halak + AK for Malone + 6th overall
SK + 1st in 2011 for Sharp
6th overall + 27th overall for 4th overall

That gets us two top 6 wingers and 4th overall this year.
I think Halak has good value, but I don't see TB making that deal, we'd probably need to add our 1st or Pacioretty.

Chicago won't even think twice about that. Sharp is probably available because Bolland can be #2 center and is a lesser cap hit, but I'm sure they would want a 2010 1st plus a young NHLer on a cheap contract(Pouliot?).

If we could get the #6 pick without giving up #27, I don't see a reason to move up to #4, not for that price...picks #3 to #10 will be pretty close in Gormley Fowler Gudbranson Connolly Nederreiter Grandlund Skinner Forbort Johnasen Tarasenko, no need to trade from #6 to #4.

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2010, 07:31 AM
Sargent Pepper*

Quote:
Originally Posted by ECWHSWI View Post
It would only if the W we acquire is A LOT better that AK, wich isnt the case with Malone...
Actually, I dont care who has more or less talent, Malone has performed far better and more consistently in the NHL than AK has done......that would be an upgrade in hockey language!

After his horrible season, AK is not really a top 6 lock and needs to prove himself....In the playoffs, some nite he was not even lineup worthy.....this guy has gone to the dogs fast....

Sargent Pepper* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2010, 07:44 AM
markov`

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sargent Pepper View Post
Actually, I dont care who has more or less talent, Malone has performed far better and more consistently in the NHL than AK has done......that would be an upgrade in hockey language!
That's not true. AK is more skilled than Malone and is younger, so he definitely has more value right now. Ryan Malone upside is 50 points, AKost already topped that.

markov` is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2010, 07:47 AM
WestIslander

Players I would target are:

Ryane Clowe, Nathan Horton, Adam Burish, Ben Eager, Kris Versteeg, Patrick Sharp, Dustin Byfuglien, Andrew Ladd, Claude Giroux, Jeff Carter, James Van Riemsdyk, Dan Hamhuis, Jack Johnson, Jamie Benn, James Neal, T.J. Oshie, David Perron, Brad Boyes, David Backes, Jordan Staal, Steve Downie, Ryan Malone, Alexandre Burrows, Mason Raymond, Colby Armstrong and Bobby Ryan

I know it's a lot of players and obviousley we aren't getting all of them, but the above are realistic players that we get land, they are not the Crosby's, Malkin's and Ovechkin's of the world that are so-called ''untouchables''.

WestIslander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2010, 07:48 AM
LaLaLaprise
lalalaprise -twitter

Quote:
Originally Posted by markov` View Post
That's not true. AK is more skilled than Malone and is younger, so he definitely has more value right now. Ryan Malone upside is 50 points, AKost already topped that.
And how did AK play when it mattered??

Habs fans are over valuing AK by a large margin...TBAY would be stupid to offer Malone straight up for AK....if they do, Gauthier would likely fall off his chair.

LaLaLaprise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2010, 07:58 AM
LesCanadiens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
I think Halak has good value, but I don't see TB making that deal, we'd probably need to add our 1st or Pacioretty.

Chicago won't even think twice about that. Sharp is probably available because Bolland can be #2 center and is a lesser cap hit, but I'm sure they would want a 2010 1st plus a young NHLer on a cheap contract(Pouliot?).

If we could get the #6 pick without giving up #27, I don't see a reason to move up to #4, not for that price...picks #3 to #10 will be pretty close in Gormley Fowler Gudbranson Connolly Nederreiter Grandlund Skinner Forbort Johnasen Tarasenko, no need to trade from #6 to #4.
You're being too kind. Especially on trade #2. SK has little to zero value. Who would want a proven cancer like him to infect their team?

Just because he was teammates with Kane at one time, doesn't make Chicago brass get dumb all of a sudden.

LesCanadiens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2010, 08:00 AM
LesCanadiens

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaLaLaprise View Post

Habs fans are over valuing AK by a large margin...TBAY would be stupid to offer Malone straight up for AK....if they do, Gauthier would likely fall off his chair.
Yep....

Andrei "I play when I feel like it" Kostytsin isn't in the same class as Malone.

LesCanadiens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2010, 08:04 AM
Sargent Pepper*

Quote:
Originally Posted by markov` View Post
As many others have stated before, AK plays when he wants too.....Malone plays all the time....

AK may have talent.....but what good is talent if it is not used and does not translate into performance?

Sargent Pepper* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2010, 08:09 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:

Obviously you can say the same for Malone, his team didn't make the playoffs, so he wasn't there when they needed him.

I agree though that Malone has more trade value, but I think there might be a deal there to be made given that AK makes less and only has one year left, while Malone has 3(I think) and they need cap room next year(2011-12).

Old
06-17-2010, 08:13 AM
LaLaLaprise
lalalaprise -twitter

Quote:
Obviously you can say the same for Malone, his team didn't make the playoffs, so he wasn't there when they needed him.

I agree though that Malone has more trade value, but I think there might be a deal there to be made given that AK makes less and only has one year left, while Malone has 3(I think) and they need cap room next year(2011-12).
Using that logic than every player who missed the playoffs can be lumped into that category.

AK is skilled, he has talent, much more than Malone. But Malone would offer you a big body presense up front that you are lacking.

Old
06-17-2010, 08:22 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Using that logic than every player who missed the playoffs can be lumped into that category.

AK is skilled, he has talent, much more than Malone. But Malone would offer you a big body presense up front that you are lacking.
I'm not disagreeing with that. Just saying that some on here like to throw AK under the bus because he is inconsistant and think he'll just be a thow in in a trade. I think a trade would benefit him, especially getting away from his little brother.

Old
06-17-2010, 08:26 AM
LaLaLaprise
lalalaprise -twitter

Quote:
I'm not disagreeing with that. Just saying that some on here like to throw AK under the bus because he is inconsistant and think he'll just be a thow in in a trade. I think a trade would benefit him, especially getting away from his little brother.
I tend to land somewhere in the middle between "vastly overrated" and "throw in in a deal"

He still has some value, but with his playoff performance, plus his contract, I cant see many teams clammering to get their hands on him.

Old
06-17-2010, 08:35 AM
otto bond

Let's keep AK for one last year....I would love Malone but given our cap issue, why take on that contract while giving one of our core player. I understand what Malone brings but I also see what Andrei brings. Sure he has struggle with consistence but now that he's got that year under Martin, he will bounce back. Look at his playoffs, he may not scored much but he was very physical wen in a position. He finished the year on a plus note in my book and although that at time some of you may have convinced me that it's time.......why not one more year. He's only 24 and really has a good set of skills and that fn shot.
I have been up and down with some players but slowly and surely, I'm getting over the lost to Philly. I know that I would had only been contend with the cup. The past 17 years have been painful but let's see is one fold out more.....AK for 1 more year.

otto bond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2010, 08:59 AM
Max Levine

Quote:
Originally Posted by WestIslander View Post

Ryane Clowe, Nathan Horton, Adam Burish, Ben Eager, Kris Versteeg, Patrick Sharp, Dustin Byfuglien, Andrew Ladd, Claude Giroux, Jeff Carter, James Van Riemsdyk, Dan Hamhuis, Jack Johnson, Jamie Benn, James Neal, T.J. Oshie, David Perron, Brad Boyes, David Backes, Jordan Staal, Steve Downie, Ryan Malone, Alexandre Burrows, Mason Raymond, Colby Armstrong and Bobby Ryan

I know it's a lot of players and obviousley we aren't getting all of them, but the above are realistic players that we get land, they are not the Crosby's, Malkin's and Ovechkin's of the world that are so-called ''untouchables''.
I would think the likes of Giroux, Johnson, Oshie and Ryan would be as untouchable as can be.

Max Levine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2010, 09:01 AM
PunkinDrublic*

Quote:
Originally Posted by WestIslander View Post

Add these to your list of untouchables, and how you put B Eager on this list is beyond any hockey comprehension !

PunkinDrublic* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2010, 09:04 AM
Canadian_Brewtality

Quote:
Originally Posted by PunkinDrublic View Post
Add these to your list of untouchables, and how you put B Eager on this list is beyond any hockey comprehension !
AHA burish and eager.

talk about stanley cup blinders

Canadian_Brewtality is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2010, 09:28 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max Levine View Post
I would think the likes of Giroux, Johnson, Oshie and Ryan would be as untouchable as can be.
Maybe the other 3, but Ryan is definitely available. He's been playing hardball in contract negotiations looking for a big long term deal like Kane/Toews, I could see him getting traded to a team that will give him a 6 year 36 mil type deal.

Old
06-17-2010, 09:30 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by PunkinDrublic View Post
Byfuglien will definitely be available, he might be the best move they can make, like Halak his value is probably as it's peak. Good player, but a tad overrated right now. Ryan is definitely available, the Ducks don't want to pay him the huge dollars he wants. JVR could move for a goalie but they would prefer to move Carter who makes a lot more and they have depth at center, probably not getting traded, but not untoucheable.

Old
06-17-2010, 09:51 AM
The n00b King
Kingin' since 2003

Burish is a guy that played like 6 minutes in the cup finals (or maybe not even at all) and has been benched and scratched several times this year. Why on earth would you go get a guy like that???

The n00b King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2010, 09:54 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dominant Hegemony View Post
Burish is a guy that played like 6 minutes in the cup finals (or maybe not even at all) and has been benched and scratched several times this year. Why on earth would you go get a guy like that???
To add a physical/agitating element to the bottom 6.