HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Francis Bouillon re-signed 2 yrs/$2.7 mil (Team Confirmed)

Old
06-17-2010, 09:07 AM
Roman Yoshi
Ellis too short

vCash: 500
I was hoping for under 1M, but I guess this contract will do. Happy to have Cube back. Now Poile needs to resign hornqvist and trade the rights to Grebs, Hamhuis, and get rid of at LEAST one of Arnott, Dumont, Erat, Legwand for next season and we will be on the right track.

Roman Yoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2010, 09:42 AM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFatCat999 View Post
Looking at the salary projections because of Arnott and Sully leaving Weber and Suter should be fully paid for. Dumont's contract can pay someone else.
They'll be gone, but they'll also have to be replaced. We're in some trouble if we're banking on O'Reilly, Santorelli, and even Geoffrion to combine for 60-70 goals.

barrytrotzsneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2010, 09:46 AM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

Quote:
Originally Posted by barrytrotzsneck View Post
They'll be gone, but they'll also have to be replaced. We're in some trouble if we're banking on O'Reilly, Santorelli, and even Geoffrion to combine for 60-70 goals.
Ah but then there is Budish, Latta, Beck, Bourque, and FAs to be signed. If the interpretation of the rules is correct Radulov will be coming back and has an RFA period after that.

When people see open spaces on the roster, they worry but the shear fact of the matter is that it's opportunity.

BigFatCat999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2010, 09:50 AM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:
Ah but then there is Budish, Latta, Beck, Bourque, and FAs to be signed. If the interpretation of the rules is correct Radulov will be coming back and has an RFA period after that.

When people see open spaces on the roster, they worry but the shear fact of the matter is that it's opportunity.
Radulov I'll give you...even if I'm pessimistic about him ever coming back.

The others will be no older than 21,and more than likely needing 2-3 seasons in Milwaukee before being ready for such responsibility.

Old
06-17-2010, 10:00 AM
Soundgarden

vCash: 562
Quote:
I have a feeling if we trade Arny or Dumont then they'd be traded to a contender, or a team on the verge of contending, for nhl ready prospects and picks. I don't know who would trade for them, but I think they'd make decent returns, probably not enough to replace all of the scoring though.

Soundgarden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2010, 10:22 AM
Webersmashpuck

vCash: 1088
I don't think this signing is the book being closed on Hamhuis just yet. While I do think he has outpriced himself, I would have wanted Hamhuis and Boullion. Now if Grebeshkov is signed then we know Hamhuis is gone but really we had two open spots on defense.

Webersmashpuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2010, 10:51 AM
Que Sera Sera

Send a message via MSN to Que Sera Sera
Quote:
Originally Posted by Conando View Post

we're going to bring back our two worst dmen & let hammer walk ... bravo Poile
Our two worst...? Cube was NOT, by any stretch of the imagination, our worst defenseman.

Que Sera Sera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2010, 10:54 AM
PredsV82
Puckaroni and cheese

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by glenngineer View Post
We have confirmation.

http://tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=324897

2 years for $2.7 million.
as expected, a little backloaded

1.2/1.5

good signing.

goodbye, hammer... thank you, and best of luck... please consider the eastern conference.

PredsV82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2010, 10:57 AM
PredsV82
Puckaroni and cheese

vCash: 50
Quote:
I am fairly sure the team is counting on Wilson and Hornqvist to replace Arnott and Sully. Can they do it in two years will be the big question.

PredsV82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2010, 10:58 AM
Roman Yoshi
Ellis too short

One of my friends in philly said the flyers might be interested in trading Parent for the rights to Hamhuis. Thoughts?

Roman Yoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2010, 11:00 AM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

Little higher than the expectations of the boards but not bad at all.

Franson should be about 1 million.

Old
06-17-2010, 11:03 AM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joetimo View Post
One of my friends in philly said the flyers might be interested in trading Parent for the rights to Hamhuis. Thoughts?
Geez, are like Philly's Defensman leasing agency.

"Yeah, we'd like to trade this compact defenseman in for a mid-size?"

Old
06-17-2010, 12:03 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by PredsV82 View Post
I am fairly sure the team is counting on Wilson and Hornqvist to replace Arnott and Sully. Can they do it in two years will be the big question.
We were a "decent" team this season with Arnott and Sullivan...AND those two(albeit one has to hope Wilson will improve." It still leaves some pretty big holes on an already offensively-challenged team.

Old
06-17-2010, 12:13 PM
David Singleton
HFB Partner

I was close!

Seriously, though, I believe it to be a good signing.

Switching into fantasy mode, I wonder if we could trade Klein and combine that money plus whatever was going to be offered to Grebeshkov to make a serious offer to Hamhuis? Nah.

Doing quick math of the actual salaries excluding bonuses (and including Blum, Sulzer, Spaling and Wilson): 20 players at $41,325,000.

Still to sign/account for (obviously no room for all and could potentially replace others): Patric Hornqvist, Cody Franson (?), Backup Goaltender, Dan Hamhuis (?), Grebeshkov (?), Boyd (?).

Note regarding next season:

Actual salaries increase for Martin Erat (+750,000), Jordin Tootoo (+200,000), Francis Bouillon (+300,000), and Pekka Rinne (+1,200,000)- a total of an additional $2,450,000 committed to next season in actual salary excluding bonuses and prior to the removal of Arnott and Sullivan's contracts.

No roster player's salary goes down (but there is a significant number of UFAs).

David Singleton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2010, 12:17 PM
deanwormer

Quote:
We have confirmation.

hmmm, I like having Cube back, but agree with some other folks - this means Hammer is gone for sure, and frankly, I just can't see us having money for Grebs either....

Still, given our budget realities, we've got 4 or 5 guys to mix-and-match as our 2nd and 3rd pairs this year - not convinced we play Cube and KK together as a 2nd pair and go with a rookie and Franson with a half-year experience as our 3rd - just look at how much time Franson DIDN'T get down the stretch. Seems more Trotz style to split the rookies up.

You know, even if we have the money for Grebs, not sure it makes sense to sign him unless we've decided Sulzer and Laakso just aren't gonna' make it. When Cube's contract is up in 2 years, we'll be spending our money extending Weber and Suter and hopefully signing KK as a #3 for a few more years - we need to have a few of these kids playing now so we develop a path to feed Blum and Ellis into the lineup without just throwing them out there together as a 2nd pair.

deanwormer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2010, 12:17 PM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

I don't mind the signing but Bouillon is not a top 4 defenseman on any team making the playoffs and Klein and Bouillon together is a nightmare. Hopefully Blum will be ready to step up if Hamhuis or Grebs are not re-signed.

I don't see why everyone is so high on this guy. His skating is average, below average size, puck skills are the worst of our group. I mean heart does mean a lot but other than that, he doesn't do much.

triggrman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2010, 12:20 PM
deanwormer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnight Oil View Post
Our two worst...? Cube was NOT, by any stretch of the imagination, our worst defenseman.
We didn't even have a bad defenseman. Franson was the least effective, but it's was his first year. Seems we're getting a little spoiled around here with the quality of our D.

deanwormer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2010, 12:22 PM
lstcyr

Quote:
We have confirmation.

Thought this comment made in response to the story was interesting:

"If Nashville would sign up to or close to the cap they could be a force. But they consistantly play $10-12mill under and still make the playoffs. Just shows you how good a coach Trotz really is. I think Trotz is a good reason why Bouillion stayed instead of testing the waters."

Especially the part about Trotz being a reason why Bouillion stayed.

lstcyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2010, 12:23 PM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by deanwormer View Post
We didn't even have a bad defenseman. Franson was the least effective, but it's was his first year. Seems we're getting a little spoiled around here with the quality of our D.
See Franson I thought was very good on the 2nd powerplay unit and is a good goal scorer. I don't see what Bouillon does good.

Old
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

I'm not going to cry about losing Hamhuis. Nice guy and all but he's too expensive a commodity for the position he plays. He was bumped to 3rd line duty when his talents weren't being maximized. Klein and Franson have matured. You can't pay 1st pairing money to the 2nd pair. Nashville can not afford that.

Old
David Singleton
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by triggrman View Post
I don't mind the signing but Bouillon is not a top 4 defenseman on any team making the playoffs and Klein and Bouillon together is a nightmare. Hopefully Blum will be ready to step up if Hamhuis or Grebs are not re-signed.

I don't see why everyone is so high on this guy. His skating is average, below average size, puck skills are the worst of our group. I mean heart does mean a lot but other than that, he doesn't do much.
Trigg, you're very much right: skating is average, below average size, and the puck skills are the worst of our group.

However, he brings a welcome physicality, a great deal of heart, and (most importantly) a good hockey IQ/steadying presence (only Weber, Suter and Hamhuis better of our group) to a bunch of rather green defensemen- that are likely to get greener.

Dollar amount was about right too.

Old
06-17-2010, 12:25 PM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

He's physical if he can catch a player off guard but he's not going to manhandle anyone in front of the net. And he made a bunch of horrible turnovers inside the zone so I don't know about the IQ part either.

Not sold, sorry.

I don't mind him playing that 5th or 6th role to about 14 min a night, anything over that and I think we're hurting..

Old
06-17-2010, 12:26 PM
David Singleton
HFB Partner

Quote:
I'm not going to cry about losing Hamhuis. Nice guy and all but he's too expensive a commodity for the position he plays. He was bumped to 3rd line duty when his talents weren't being maximized. Klein and Franson have matured. You can't pay 1st pairing money to the 2nd pair. Nashville can not afford that.
I still think that remains to be seen about both. Franson did very well, but was definitely sheltered- smartly I may add. Klein should have been much better than he was.

Assuming both are with Nashville next season, I'm looking forward to seeing how they both develop further.

Old
06-17-2010, 12:31 PM
Soundgarden

vCash: 562
Quote:
Originally Posted by deanwormer View Post
The Hamhuis Klein pairing was pretty dreadful most of the time.

Soundgarden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2010, 12:34 PM
David Singleton
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by triggrman View Post
He's physical if he can catch a player off guard but he's not going to manhandle anyone in front of the net. And he made a bunch of horrible turnovers inside the zone so I don't know about the IQ part either.

Not sold, sorry.

I don't mind him playing that 5th or 6th role to about 14 min a night, anything over that and I think we're hurting..
Don't get me wrong, I don't want him playing top four minutes either (although he's likely to do that until Franson/Blum/Josi/Sulzer earn the trust of the coaching staff).

That said, he's a real asset to that bottom pairing and a pretty good influence on an inexperienced player.