HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

sick of getting scraps

Old
06-17-2010, 04:52 PM
habbydude

vCash: 500
sick of getting scraps

Im, very optomistic when it comes to the habs, but i suddenly think im heading to the dark side. i loved the playoff run, but still see we need much improvement. i dont see this happening when we trade our players that help us out so much for nothing. its hard not to be pessimistic at this time. so, after this halak trade, which i would be all for if we got someone that would help out our current line up, im sick of trading away our players with the most potential, for nothing, or very close to nothing. Halak for an ahler and whler, going back a few years, ribeiro for ninnima, begin for janek a couple years ago, theodore for aebischer, even though i wasnt the biggest theo fan. begin, not a big star, but got an ahler back. i like the gomez trade, but that was just a salary dump for the rangers. the kovalev trade is about the only decent one i can think of in recent years. Now, saying that, i want to see a kost and s kost traded, but only if we get something useful back. they both have their great qualities, and i know another team is taking a risk taking them, but i would rather keep them than give them up for a couple ahlers.

habbydude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2010, 05:01 PM
InglewoodJack

So can we confirm that Schultz was in fact captain of the Calgary Hitmen?

InglewoodJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2010, 05:05 PM
1UP

Quote:
Originally Posted by InglewoodJack View Post
Oh no. Ohhhhh no. OOOOOOOH NO.

That's it. We've lost it.

1UP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2010, 05:10 PM
The n00b King
Kingin' since 2003

this thread is full of fail

learn who the players are before you judge

Lars is our future top center. A big guy too.

Halak? A dime a dozen for the habs.

The n00b King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2010, 05:11 PM
Sebaldian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dominant Hegemony View Post
this thread is full of fail

learn who the players are before you judge

Lars is our future top center. A big guy too.

Halak? A dime a dozen for the habs.
Wow. From one extreme to the other in 5 replies. Must be a new record.

Sebaldian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2010, 05:14 PM
RoyBoyCoy
Habs and Rugby

Quote:
Originally Posted by InglewoodJack View Post
I don't think he was. I found this but it definitely looks shopped.

RoyBoyCoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2010, 05:16 PM
InglewoodJack

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyBoyCoy View Post
I don't think he was. I found this but it definitely looks shopped.

Oh wow

If that C is not shopped, then neither is the background. Please, I need solid proof he was the captain of the Kelowna Rockets Calgary Hitmen.

Old
06-17-2010, 05:18 PM
CareyClutch
Doing the job

Send a message via MSN to CareyClutch

he have the C in this video

CareyClutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2010, 05:20 PM
Habnot

How about it's a good deal for both teams.

Sure we gave up Halak, but we still have a number #1 in Price. Halak had a good run but nothing guaranteed that he would remain as dominating.

From the Habs perspective:

1. The maximize their assets. No use having two good players for one position. Also, being the first to make a deal with a goalie in an environment with many goalies available in UFA is very astute. Wait until after July 1st and there would be no deal until next trade deadline.
2. Lars Eller is a blue chip prospect with size that will play at the very least on the third line next year.
3. Schultz fills a need we do not have in our organization and can be a Lucic type player. Similar stats in Junior, same type of game.
4. Very cap friendly deal

Habnot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2010, 05:21 PM
habs101

i CAN'T BELIEVE THIS IS HAPPENING, THIS IS A HORRIBLE, IRRESPONSIBLE TRADE!! I GOTTO GO PUKE AGAIN!

habs101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2010, 05:22 PM
InglewoodJack

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackieChan View Post
Everywhere captains!
Which captains do you speak of?

Old
06-17-2010, 06:04 PM
Fish on The Sand
Untouchable

Quote:
Originally Posted by habbydude View Post
Im, very optomistic when it comes to the habs, but i suddenly think im heading to the dark side. i loved the playoff run, but still see we need much improvement. i dont see this happening when we trade our players that help us out so much for nothing. its hard not to be pessimistic at this time. so, after this halak trade, which i would be all for if we got someone that would help out our current line up, im sick of trading away our players with the most potential, for nothing, or very close to nothing. Halak for an ahler and whler, going back a few years, ribeiro for ninnima, begin for janek a couple years ago, theodore for aebischer, even though i wasnt the biggest theo fan. begin, not a big star, but got an ahler back. i like the gomez trade, but that was just a salary dump for the rangers. the kovalev trade is about the only decent one i can think of in recent years. Now, saying that, i want to see a kost and s kost traded, but only if we get something useful back. they both have their great qualities, and i know another team is taking a risk taking them, but i would rather keep them than give them up for a couple ahlers.
The problem is your perceived value of the players. Theodore for Abby was a straight salary dump. Theodore had basically no value given his contract and the way he was playing, so we traded him for a much better contract. Begin was a 4th liner who started causing problems in the room, so he was shipped out for a depth dman. Ribeiro for Niinimaa was the only trade you listed that you can have a legitimate beef with. That was getting rid of a problem player, but it was also a player that I think still had value. We should have been able to get a useful player back.

Fish on The Sand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2010, 06:12 PM
Crimson Skorpion
HFB Partner

Awards:
I understand you're pissed, but Eller is a very good prospect and Schultz, from what I've heard, doesn't mind dropping the gloves at all and can dish it pretty good.

Habs got bigger for their top 6 and tougher for their bottom 6. It costed Halak, which indeed does suck, but it helps for the future.

Crimson Skorpion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2010, 06:12 PM
BaseballCoach

Quote:

If another trade looks like it will happen soon, someone kidnap Pierre Gauthier and hold him until the danger passes. A "necessity defence" will probably hold up in court.

BaseballCoach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2010, 06:23 PM
shakenbake7

I think the cap ramifications make this deal very interesting, depending on how PG chooses to play this. Halak probably would have commanded about 4M/year after his playoff performance, so we do save quite a bit. With 12M or so in cap space, this off-season has gotten very interesting. Even if Pleks gets 5M, we're still left with 7M to sign Carey, Carey's backup and a few other RFAs. Could it be that we may finally have a solidified top 6 going into the regular season?

My (bold) prediction: Pleks' rights are traded by draft day, Matthew Lombardi signs on July 1st, and we use the remaining cap space to target Marleau or Frolov. Eller and Lombardi battle for the 2nd line center spot, with the loser centering the 3rd line.

shakenbake7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2010, 06:27 PM
Canadienjet

Easy to knock something you don't know.Could we have gotten more sure..but Eller is a very fine player and will produce at the NHL level cause you don't get the sexiest player or best player don't mean you got ripped off.

Canadienjet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2010, 06:33 PM
Westcoasthabsfan

Quote:
Bye Bye!!!!!!

Westcoasthabsfan is offline   Reply With Quote