HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

The Apology thread: Let's be friends.

Old
06-17-2010, 03:13 PM
InglewoodJack

vCash: 1340
The Apology thread: Let's be friends.

Well, now that the Price/Halak debate is over, I guess we can all go back to being friends again. During the process of debating goalies, we've all been guilty of throwing insults and shots below the belt because of who we preferred. I know I tried to be unbias and be as fair as possible, but I can't say that I never got mad at certain posters. Let this thread to appologize to HF, or certain posters who may not have rubbed us the right way.

The first step to a happy board is a happy family!

I'll go first:

To all the posters who tried to debate me on how Carey Price's potential would for sure pan out and that Halak would never be great, I'm sorry if I threw insults your ways, or if my rebuttals became incoherent.

There are a few people who I'd like to see post in this thread

InglewoodJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2010, 03:19 PM
scottyG

vCash: 500
Can't beat em join em?

JK JK

But you know people will still be hating Price

scottyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2010, 03:20 PM
InglewoodJack

vCash: 1340
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyG View Post
Can't beat em join em?

JK JK

Haha, I'm not hating on anyone, but I think that some apologies need to be handed out, not for any hockey related matters, but when the debate got... say a little to personal?

InglewoodJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2010, 03:23 PM
One Trick Pony

The debate is far from over.. every 2 games or so a thread about how Halak won while Price lost will pop out.

One Trick Pony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2010, 03:23 PM
Turtleneck Plek
Real Life

Quote:
Can't beat em join em?

JK JK

As long as people like you defend his every move, there will be people that will hate on him.

It's alright though, it would be delusional to ask for complete objectivity from such a passionate fanbase.

Turtleneck Plek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2010, 03:28 PM
YMCMBeaulieu
A$AP MICHEL

Desjardins > Price

YMCMBeaulieu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2010, 03:33 PM
TankEller*

I just hope we improve our team short-term as well.

Eller is a fair value for a goalie, but I'd rather have received the same value in a roster player. I just hope Eller is going to be our 3rd centerman and that we will somehow find another way to improve our team.

One more year of counting on Kostitsyn to support the core just ain't going to cut it.

TankEller* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2010, 03:38 PM
WhiskeySeven
Enlarged Member

Hey Halak fans, nyaaaaa! Even management thinks Price is better.

WhiskeySeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2010, 03:43 PM
vokiel
Registered Settler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pernell Karl View Post
Desjardins > Price
If we start that thread now, how many days do you think it'll last until we get a second part thread?

vokiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2010, 03:46 PM
CrazyShea

I'll miss Halak but i'm relieved we kept Price. I was expecting more of a return but I guess we will have to wait and see how these guys turn out. Good luck Halak. Hope some of his supporters leave with him

CrazyShea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2010, 03:47 PM
Turtleneck Plek
Real Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supertramp View Post
Gotta love the maturity.

And gotta love the ''management is always right'' mentality some use to justify their opinions. The management, 10 years ago, was also very high on Eric Chouinard. What does that tell you?

Old
06-17-2010, 03:49 PM
LyricalLyricist

vCash: 50
Good thread concept, but most of us are stubborn so won't work lol

LyricalLyricist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
WhiskeySeven
Enlarged Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtleneck Plek View Post
Gotta love the maturity.

And gotta love the ''management is always right'' mentality some use to justify their opinions. The management, 10 years ago, was also very high on Eric Chouinard. What does that tell you?
Sarcasm, Satire, etc...

There were some posters, a few of them mods, who thought everything Price did was wrong, incorrect and immature. It's just a nice feeling knowing you've been right all along.

WhiskeySeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
CrazyShea

Quote:
Gotta love the maturity.

They rushed him into the league

CrazyShea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2010, 03:54 PM
Turtleneck Plek
Real Life

Quote:
Sarcasm, Satire, etc...

There were some posters, a few of them mods, who thought everything Price did was wrong, incorrect and immature. It's just a nice feeling knowing you've been right all along.
You're not right just yet. Price's play next year will prove whether you were right or wrong. Like I pointed out in my last post, just because the management made the move you thought was right doesn't make it right instantly.

I understand what you mean though, but for every Price basher, there was a Halak basher. It went both ways.

Old
06-17-2010, 07:13 PM
CanadienErrant*

Quote:
Originally Posted by InglewoodJack View Post
Well, now that the Price/Halak debate is over, I guess we can all go back to being friends again. During the process of debating goalies, we've all been guilty of throwing insults and shots below the belt because of who we preferred. I know I tried to be unbias and be as fair as possible, but I can't say that I never got mad at certain posters. Let this thread to appologize to HF, or certain posters who may not have rubbed us the right way.

The first step to a happy board is a happy family!

I'll go first:

To all the posters who tried to debate me on how Carey Price's potential would for sure pan out and that Halak would never be great, I'm sorry if I threw insults your ways, or if my rebuttals became incoherent.

There are a few people who I'd like to see post in this thread

CanadienErrant* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2010, 08:46 PM
uiCk
GrEmelins

uiCk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2010, 08:51 PM
DDIHH

Quote:
Are you talking about the management that choses AK46 over Carter and Getzlaf?

DDIHH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2010, 09:05 PM
E = CH²

I'll be honest, I am really iffy about Price being handed the #1 spot on a silver platter again. Especially considering everything that has happened in the past 3-4 years, how people even booed Price when he was the third star, how Price reacted to the boos at some point, how that's a lot of weight to put on the shoulders of a 22 year old and how much the fans loved Halak and hated Price.

All of you who are happy about this, good for you, but your happiness might last a very very short time. In fact, just like it was the last time, giving him undisputed #1 status might be the biggest disservice the habs could have done him. I kept hearing how guys like Miller took a while to blossom when Price fans were justifying their belief that we should keep Price, well better hope Price develops faster than Miller. He doesn't have forever to get good for us. The window of time is pretty much next season or things will get really crazy around here.

Let's cross fingers that Price is excellent in the first 20 games and that the habs win more than they lose. Otherwise, this is where we'll see if Price is cut out to handle being the habs goaltender.

Oh that debate hasn't spawned its last thread, not by a long shot.

E = CH² is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2010, 09:10 PM
Theosis
11, 27, 31, 67, 76 ♥

vCash: 50
I'm sorry to all of you for thinking Desjardins is our future franchise goaltender...

And yeah, I highly doubt this is the end of the Price/Halak debate. As someone mentioned. When Halak wins and Price loses, I'm sure there will be threads with the "we told you so" mentality.

Only time will tell if Price can handle the pressure in this city.

Theosis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2010, 10:27 PM
TankEller*

Quote:
Originally Posted by E = CH² View Post
I'll be honest, I am really iffy about Price being handed the #1 spot on a silver platter again. Especially considering everything that has happened in the past 3-4 years, how people even booed Price when he was the third star, how Price reacted to the boos at some point, how that's a lot of weight to put on the shoulders of a 22 year old and how much the fans loved Halak and hated Price.

All of you who are happy about this, good for you, but your happiness might last a very very short time. In fact, just like it was the last time, giving him undisputed #1 status might be the biggest disservice the habs could have done him. I kept hearing how guys like Miller took a while to blossom when Price fans were justifying their belief that we should keep Price, well better hope Price develops faster than Miller. He doesn't have forever to get good for us. The window of time is pretty much next season or things will get really crazy around here.

Let's cross fingers that Price is excellent in the first 20 games and that the habs win more than they lose. Otherwise, this is where we'll see if Price is cut out to handle being the habs goaltender.

Oh that debate hasn't spawned its last thread, not by a long shot.
This.

I might agree with the decision of dealing one of our goalies, we still have a long way to go to see who wins this deal and who was right about it.

Still, you shouldn't give any attention to a guy like supertramp. The guy once wrote how Steve Mason was "unproven" and thus, how Columbus could be interested in a goalie.

Just another bandwagon fan being a fan of the Habs because "it's cool".

TankEller* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2010, 10:52 PM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

My main concern is how the team will handle this. Anyone could tell you the team lost confidence in Price and played like **** in front of him. If that same efforts resurfaces, then it won't be long until Price is actually shipped out.

If we keep our first, i can see us drafting Calvin Pickard.

Analyzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2010, 11:05 PM
ECWHSWI
P.K. is perfect.

Quote:
Can't beat em join em?

JK JK

bah, for every hater there's someone with an irrational man crush on the kid... so it's all good.

ECWHSWI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2010, 11:32 PM
RE-HABS

Quote:
Gotta love the maturity.

That was different management.

RE-HABS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2010, 11:32 PM
RE-HABS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Analyzer View Post
My main concern is how the team will handle this. Anyone could tell you the team lost confidence in Price and played like **** in front of him. If that same efforts resurfaces, then it won't be long until Price is actually shipped out.

If we keep our first, i can see us drafting Calvin Pickard.
My thoughts exactly.

RE-HABS is offline   Reply With Quote