HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Valentenko to North America

Old
06-17-2010, 11:06 PM
Janerixon

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by robruckus View Post
I ain't arguing that logic.
Rob,
Now only if we can get Sather on board....

Janerixon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2010, 11:13 PM
ruckus*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janerixon View Post
Rob,
Now only if we can get Sather on board....
It will be Gilroy and Redden 5 and 6 with Valentenko in the A and Sangs traded for Ruslan Fedetenko or some ****.

ruckus* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2010, 11:14 PM
Fitzy
All Is Well

If he is indeed coming over, it means he is our #6 dman for next season. Couldnt come at a better time either.

Fitzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2010, 11:17 PM
gravytrain6t

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitto79 View Post
http://www.hockeysfuture.com/prospects/pavel_valentenko

Martment type is a good thing for this team. Lets hope he comes in and stays healthy. Adding him, Niemi, McD would be big

Sangs for a top 6 would make sense
Speaking of bombs from the point, his shot is up there with anyone's. Thank you Islanders scouts!

gravytrain6t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2010, 11:19 PM
Janerixon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitzy Duke of NY View Post
If he is indeed coming over, it means he is our #6 dman for next season. Couldnt come at a better time either.
I would assume he wants a spot here if he is coming, but people who watched him play (Squishy) seem to think he will be in Hartford and with all the injuries he is coming off of I can't imagine he is completely in top form.

I thought if we signed him he would be our 6th man for sure, but what happens if we sign him and McDonagh? McDonagh is ready from everything I have read and from the 2-3 times I watched he certainly looked better than Redden, plus we all know Slats can't sit still during UFA, a d-man will be signed.

Guess it really depends on his camp and who is moved (gilroy, redden, rozy, girardi?) if he makes the team if he signs.

Old
06-17-2010, 11:21 PM
Janerixon

Quote:
It will be Gilroy and Redden 5 and 6 with Valentenko in the A and Sangs traded for Ruslan Fedetenko or some ****.
I know a lot of people really think Redden will be here to start the season, but I am not one of them I think Torts has had enough of Waive Redden and Sather will bury his mistake like he has before (Rismiller and Brashear) in order to improve this team.

Old
06-17-2010, 11:45 PM
Declan
HFB Partner

Quote:
Sather will bury his mistake like he has before (Rismiller and Brashear) in order to improve this team.
I hope you're right but it's a little different here. Those were $1M mistakes, Redden has 4 yrs $26M left on his deal. I honestly don't see it happening. I wish it did, but I just can't see it.

Declan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2010, 11:53 PM
Jeds2StepOpus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitto79 View Post
http://www.hockeysfuture.com/prospects/pavel_valentenko

Martment type is a good thing for this team. Lets hope he comes in and stays healthy. Adding him, Niemi, McD would be big

Sangs for a top 6 would make sense
How exactly will adding three very inexperienced rookies to this Blueline .....be " Big"?

Sorry, I don't get it.

We already have a very young defense. Del Zotto will be 20 years old and in his second NHL season.

Staal ...23 years old with three seasons under his belt.

Matt Gilroy, will be 26 years old (come training camp), not even a full NHL season under his belt and he's clueless back there.

Dan Girardi is our best younger defenseman, at 26 years old and three full seasons under his belt (and 34 more regular season games and a brief playoff run).

Then we have Michal " See You In Late February " Rozsival, who at 31 years old still can't show up for 70 % of the games he plays.

As for Wade Redden, well, he ain't getting any better, lately. That's for sure.

This team needs true vetern presence, leadership and toughness on the Blueline; to really help these young kids. And Redden and Rozsival ain't getting it done.

The only way they should be bringing in another young defenseman from the system, is if they find a way to dump Redden, Rozsival and Gilroy. Then, get themselves two real veterns to take their place. Then, add another youngster.

Furthermore, Spagetti ain't getting you a top six forward, unless it's an extensive multi-player deal. Spagetti on his own, gets you a 3rd Rounder....maybe a 2nd Rounder (from another dumb GM), tops. Or another AHLer. Nothing more. O

Jeds2StepOpus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2010, 12:00 AM
gravytrain6t

Quote:
Originally Posted by Declan View Post
I hope you're right but it's a little different here. Those were $1M mistakes, Redden has 4 yrs $26M left on his deal. I honestly don't see it happening. I wish it did, but I just can't see it.
I didn't see it either. But after Slats made that comment about "how everyone must earn a spot on the team," I can see him doing it now. He then goes on to talk about how little cares what you're making. I think it was in that article with L.B. discussing Sather's blue print for the future.

Old
06-18-2010, 12:01 AM
Trxjw
Retired.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gravytrain6t View Post
I didn't see it either. But after Slats made that comment about "how everyone must earn a spot on the team," I can see him doing it now. He then goes on to talk about how little cares what you're making. I think it was in that article with L.B. discussing Sather's blue print for the future.
All that means is that Redden has to beat out a bunch of rookies for a spot on the bottom pairing. Not that difficult really.

Trxjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2010, 12:04 AM
Garfinkel1

Quote:
I ain't arguing that logic.
That would be so dirty in a few years. It's not even funny. Switch back to the trap and would have an above average PP with a top PK and the King in net...

forgetttaaaabouut it.

Garfinkel1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2010, 12:08 AM
ocarina

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexus View Post
Didn't he leave because he was unhappy to be stuck in Hamilton (AHL)?
I think he left due to his family needing more money or something like that.

ocarina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2010, 12:08 AM
gravytrain6t

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trxjw View Post
All that means is that Redden has to beat out a bunch of rookies for a spot on the bottom pairing. Not that difficult really.
Not unless you're looking to unload a huge crappy contract, the rookie might have a better chance. I should have said. It's possible.

Old
06-18-2010, 12:09 AM
Vitto79

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeds2StepOpus View Post
How exactly will adding three very inexperienced rookies to this Blueline .....be " Big"?

Sorry, I don't get it.

We already have a very young defense. Del Zotto will be 20 years old and in his second NHL season.

Matt Gilroy, will be 26 years old (come training camp), not even a full NHL season under his belt and he's clueless back there.

Dan Girardi is our best younger defenseman, at 26 years old and three full seasons under his belt (and 34 more regular season games and a brief playoff run).

Then we have Michal " See You In Late February " Rozsival, who at 31 years old still can't show up for 70 % of the games he plays.

This team needs true vetern presence, leadership and toughness on the Blueline; to really help these young kids. And Redden and Rozsival ain't getting it done.

The only way they should be bringing in another young defenseman from the system, is if they find a way to dump Redden, Rozsival and Gilroy. Then, get themselves two real veterns to take their place. Then, add another youngster.

Furthermore, Spagetti ain't getting you a top six forward, unless it's an extensive multi-player deal. Spagetti on his own, gets you a 3rd Rounder....maybe a 2nd Rounder (from another dumb GM), tops. Or another AHLer. Nothing more. O
I get the negativity. I really do with this team but its important to add depth to the D. Adding Valatenko, McD, Niemi gives them depth to move a guy like Sangunietti

what exactly do you want from Sangs by the way. He was an All Star in his only 2 AHL seasons. Only mistake is they over valued Gilroy and Sangs should of played in his place instead

As I say that Gilroy yea is 26 but he only played one year in the NHL. He will get better

Sorry if I have hope for a young D core. D men take more time to develop

I think ur wrong on what Sangs can bring back. First off I am ok with keeping him but if so he has to play. I bet they can do a package for Versteeg around Sanguinetti.............we'll see

I am not against signing Hamuis, Michalek, Volchenkov, Corvo and trading Rozsival for a Forward...............I think that is doable and Sather is on the phone right now looking at options

Vitto79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2010, 12:12 AM
gravytrain6t

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeds2StepOpus View Post

Sorry, I don't get it.

"Vitto" and the whole spagetti thing. Very clever. Very obvious. It's spaghetti though.

Old
06-18-2010, 12:12 AM
Trxjw
Retired.

Quote:
Not unless you're looking to unload a huge crappy contract, the rookie might have a better chance. I should have said. It's possible.
What difference does the contract make at that point? It's not as if there are going to be worthy UFA's hanging around in October.

Trxjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2010, 12:17 AM
gravytrain6t

Quote:
I know a lot of people really think Redden will be here to start the season, but I am not one of them I think Torts has had enough of Waive Redden and Sather will bury his mistake like he has before (Rismiller and Brashear) in order to improve this team.
What's your take on this? I really don't care either way. But for the sake of arguing, do you think it's plausible.

Old
06-18-2010, 12:18 AM
Janerixon

Quote:
You are right, hockey is different here. We have a GM who gets a free pass no matter what and they missed the playoffs this year, which hurts dolan especially in the wallet. If Sather says we can't improve because of redden, do you think dolan says okay were stuck with him? he tells sather to figure it out, maybe thats demoting him, maybe buying him out, maybe we find someone to take him on re-entry waivers at half price... I don't know cause I am not Sather. I do think a change will be made and the most logical and easiest one to do (not involving another team and most cap effective) is to waive and demote him

Old
06-18-2010, 12:19 AM
bobbop
Henrik's Pop

So is Valentenko #17 of 20 in 20? (Stepan, Werek, Wiese, MZA) or does Williams sneak in?

If he's coming, Gilroy may very well be going. Gilroy and Bourque for Wheeler. Makes sense for both teams.

bobbop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2010, 12:20 AM
Janerixon

Quote:
What's your take on this? I really don't care either way. But for the sake of arguing, do you think it's plausible.
Not sure what you are asking? That is my take, I don't have any insider info. I read all the articles and from what Torts and Sather say you have to earn a job and Torts wants to see some change (seemed to mean Redden). In order to do anything we have to get rid of his contract or we will see the same team next year. I think he will be waived unless we can find someone to take him on re-entry waivers... but that is a longshot

Old
06-18-2010, 12:21 AM
gravytrain6t

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trxjw View Post
What difference does the contract make at that point? It's not as if there are going to be worthy UFA's hanging around in October.
What about after the year is over? Or the year after that? Or the year after that?

Old
06-18-2010, 12:22 AM
Janerixon

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbop View Post
So is Valentenko #17 of 20 in 20? (Stepan, Werek, Wiese, MZA) or does Williams sneak in?

If he's coming, Gilroy may very well be going. Gilroy and Bourque for Wheeler. Makes sense for both teams.
I really would like to see that trade happen, I think Mcdonagh has the inside track to the #6 spot even if they both sign. I just want us to sign them both and have some competition in camp this year

Old
06-18-2010, 12:30 AM
Declan
HFB Partner

Quote:
What Glen says and what he does are 2 completely different things. He's claimed this "accountability" before and I've yet to see it. Like I said, if he sent Redden to the minors I'd be the 1st to be jumping for joy. But, I just can't see it. He had the chance to do it last yr and didn't. If he does it, it means that Redden is done in NY and w/ 4 whole years left and $6.5m per season that's a lot of money left.

If anywhere it's possible it's in NY w/ Dolan at the helm I guess. But even this might be too far fetched for him

Declan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2010, 12:37 AM
gravytrain6t

Quote:
Not sure what you are asking? That is my take, I don't have any insider info. I read all the articles and from what Torts and Sather say you have to earn a job and Torts wants to see some change (seemed to mean Redden). In order to do anything we have to get rid of his contract or we will see the same team next year. I think he will be waived unless we can find someone to take him on re-entry waivers... but that is a longshot
Oh okay, i just wanted to check because basically this is what I was trying to say well after you did!

Another way the Rangers can get rid of (possibly) Rozsival or Redden is if another team is hurting real badly on defense and the Rangers are willing to give up a few kids which may or may not be (to some of the more knowledgeable fans) in the team's best interest.

Old
06-18-2010, 12:40 AM
Janerixon

Quote:
What Glen says and what he does are 2 completely different things. He's claimed this "accountability" before and I've yet to see it. Like I said, if he sent Redden to the minors I'd be the 1st to be jumping for joy. But, I just can't see it. He had the chance to do it last yr and didn't. If he does it, it means that Redden is done in NY and w/ 4 whole years left and $6.5m per season that's a lot of money left.

If anywhere it's possible it's in NY w/ Dolan at the helm I guess. But even this might be too far fetched for him
as overpaid as redden is, he deserved a second year, everyone knows NY is not the easiest place to play on earth. He was a dud in season 2, his time is up. He won't be back IMO.