HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Notices

Trade Carter?

Old
06-17-2010, 11:32 PM
Terence Peterman

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tripod View Post
whoever thinks Quick is worth Cater AND a pick is on drugs. Quick has proven about as much as Halak and his value is about the same.
I'm not supporting that deal or rumor whatsoever, but the only thing Quick has on Halak at this point is a more team-friendly contract.

Terence Peterman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2010, 12:20 AM
Larry44
FlyersTankNation

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyforhockey View Post
What about
Van
Carter

Phi
Schneider..big goaltender signed for .900 for two more years
Raymond 82gms 25g-28=48pts.one of the fastest players in NHL..rfa resign in 2-2.5range
1st(25th)

so Schneider paired with Boucher or Leighton,losing only about 10-15goals but gaining about 2 mil in cap space to resign Coburn and parent and solving your goalie proplem...

provided Phi mangment believes in the Cory

i realize the best player is Carter here(by far) but will you be able toresign him in a years time.
Halak is a better goalie now than Schneider may EVER be. Or Bernier. Or Quick.

For Halak you pay a couple good prospects, not a 40 goal NHL star. For Schneider you pay less.

Phi
Schneider + draft pick

Van
Ryan Parent and Stefan Legein (substitute any Phantom forward)

Larry44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2010, 01:07 AM
CS
Bryzgalov's Blueline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonny View Post
I'm not supporting that deal or rumor whatsoever, but the only thing Quick has on Halak at this point is a more team-friendly contract.
Pretty much.

If I were to think of a reasonable deal from LA it'd be something like:

Carter + Carle

for

Quick + Johnson + Stoll + 19th

I'm afraid of paying Johnson his next contract though. He's the best player in that group as far as I'm concerned, but he's going to want a freaking metric-ton of cash after next year.

EDIT:

Gagne (5.25) - Richards (5.75) - Giroux (0.82)
vanRiemsdyk (1.65) - Briere (6.50) - Leino (0.80)
Hartnell (4.20) - Stoll (3.60) - TBD
Powe (0.70) - Betts (0.70) - Laperriere (1.16)

Pronger (4.92) - Johnson (1.43)
Timonen (6.33) - Coburn (3.25)
Parent (1.00) - Bartulis (0.60)

Quick (1.80)
Leighton (1.50)

TOTAL: 51.96

Last edited by CS: 06-18-2010 at 01:19 AM.
CS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2010, 01:42 AM
SolidSnakeUS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Shafer View Post
Pretty much.

If I were to think of a reasonable deal from LA it'd be something like:

Carter + Carle

for

Quick + Johnson + Stoll + 19th

I'm afraid of paying Johnson his next contract though. He's the best player in that group as far as I'm concerned, but he's going to want a freaking metric-ton of cash after next year.

EDIT:

Gagne (5.25) - Richards (5.75) - Giroux (0.82)
vanRiemsdyk (1.65) - Briere (6.50) - Leino (0.80)
Hartnell (4.20) - Stoll (3.60) - TBD
Powe (0.70) - Betts (0.70) - Laperriere (1.16)

Pronger (4.92) - Johnson (1.43)
Timonen (6.33) - Coburn (3.25)
Parent (1.00) - Bartulis (0.60)

Quick (1.80)
Leighton (1.50)

TOTAL: 51.96
The sad thing is though, I really don't think they would give up Johnson.

SolidSnakeUS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2010, 11:18 AM
flountown

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSnakeUS View Post
The sad thing is though, I really don't think they would give up Johnson.
Agreed, but it'd be AWESOME

flountown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2010, 11:22 AM
Jester

Top end defenseman is the last thing we should be concerned about in any trades this summer... we simply don't have the cap space for another at this point.

Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2010, 11:57 AM
DrHamburg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
Top end defenseman is the last thing we should be concerned about in any trades this summer... we simply don't have the cap space for another at this point.
if you give up carle and carter and you get back quick stoll johnson and a #1, i would do that deal in an instant. you could land a top end player for 1 year kinda like how hossa did it in detroit.

You solve the goaltending issue (for a season anyway), get prongers replacement, get a viable 3rd line center, get a #1 draft pick. Flyers should just get the Kings crown too while they are at it!

DrHamburg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2010, 12:14 PM
PhillyCurt12

what about something like carter + carle + pick/prospect for ryan's rights + wisniewski's rights + sbisa?

we get a winger and a 3rd pair dman and replacement in wisniewski for the top 4 (could play w/ pronger probably... anyone could)

edit: (whole trade conditional on ryan and wisniewski resigning of course)

PhillyCurt12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2010, 12:15 PM
FlyersFanz
aut viam inveniam au

Wow! I don't want to see Carter go at all!
There's a few players the Flyers should trade before Carter...Gagne, Hartnell and Parent are some of them.
Get rid of Hartnell now while he's got some worth.

FlyersFanz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2010, 12:18 PM
PhillyCurt12

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyersFanz View Post
Wow! I don't want to see Carter go at all!
There's a few players the Flyers should trade before Carter...Gagne, Hartnell and Parent are some of them.
Get rid of Hartnell now while he's got some worth.
we can't just trade away our wingers though. wing is where we are a bit weak. center is where we are a bit strong. i doubt carter will get moved, but there is some logic to the thought.

Old
06-18-2010, 12:35 PM
Jester

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrHamburg View Post
if you give up carle and carter and you get back quick stoll johnson and a #1, i would do that deal in an instant. you could land a top end player for 1 year kinda like how hossa did it in detroit.

You solve the goaltending issue (for a season anyway), get prongers replacement, get a viable 3rd line center, get a #1 draft pick. Flyers should just get the Kings crown too while they are at it!
nah, the focus should be on goalie and forwards in any such deal (I like stoll), and depth defenseman that might be an improvement over Carle/Coburn and not break the bank. There's no way we can commit another huge contract on D at this point.

Old
06-18-2010, 12:38 PM
Jester

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillyCurt12 View Post
we can't just trade away our wingers though. wing is where we are a bit weak. center is where we are a bit strong. i doubt carter will get moved, but there is some logic to the thought.
We're not really weak at wing.

Gagne-X-Giroux
Hartnell-X-Briere
JVR-X-Leino

or however you like it. We're weak at wings because we haven't been playing guys on the wing that are fully capable of playing wing.

Old
06-18-2010, 12:52 PM
Guest123

I don't even know why I'm saying this because I'm sure people will laugh at me and just ridicule me. But I have a legit source (I cannot disclose who) within the organization that tells me this:

1. Quick or Bernier will not be a Flyer. Guaranteed.
2. Carter was on the way out BEFORE the playoffs
3. Homer loves Dustin Brown and will TRY to acquire him (even at the expense of Carter)

Flame away.

Guest123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2010, 01:04 PM
Jester

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade View Post
I don't even know why I'm saying this because I'm sure people will laugh at me and just ridicule me. But I have a legit source (I cannot disclose who) within the organization that tells me this:

3. Homer loves Dustin Brown and will TRY to acquire him (even at the expense of Carter)

Flame away.
Well, there's a lot to like with Brown... he's also LA's captain on a great contract. Not sure I buy him moving.

Old
06-18-2010, 01:09 PM
FreshPerspective
We don't need one!

Quote:

Flame away.
A deal with LA seems likely anyway. Lombardi...who the Flyers should have never let walk has always liked Hartnell and I'm sure he would like Carter. If somehow you can get Brown and Handzus for some kind of package that might include Carter that would be good. Handzus is tied up at 4M until 2011 which is a bit much but Brown is only a 3.1M hit until 2014.

FreshPerspective is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2010, 01:12 PM
jb**

Quote:

Flame away.
1. Flyers dont like quick and bernier will not be moved nothing new there really
2. why didn they trade Carter at the deadline? Any insight on that situation?
3. I am sure there are plenty of players shooters loves and will try to acquire.

jb** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2010, 01:19 PM
GoneFullHextall
adios Holmgren

vCash: 50
I think the best deal that makes the most sense is centered Hartnell for Stoll. I just cant see LA moving Quick or Bernier for foreseeable future. Unless of course we give up something that wont be a popular decision. .ie Giroux or JVR.
There is no way I would move JVR or Giroux for Quick or Bernier unless something else substantial was coming back. Something LA wouldnt do.

GoneFullHextall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2010, 01:20 PM
FlyHigh

Send a message via AIM to FlyHigh Send a message via MSN to FlyHigh
Why would we have traded Carter before the playoffs? He was on a 43 goal pace under Lavi.

FlyHigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2010, 01:22 PM
agrudez*

Quote:
I have been finding it fairly odd how much Holmgren has been standing up for Hartnell this year.

Posters have mentioned that he said he could have traded Hartnell (convinced him to waive NTC and had suitors) at the deadline and didn't and I read an interview recently where he insinuated about Hartnell's alleged marital problems.

If it is true that Carter was on his way out before the playoffs, and Holmgren (and Lavi to a lesser extent for not benching him) have been sympathetic and supportive of Hartnell then maybe the Carter ****ing Hartnell's wife rumor wasn't as far off as you would think?

I for one never saw Hartnell and Carter on the ice together (ES or PP) after those allegations.

Maybe it is like the Lindros-Brindamour situation, except they are trying to shop the superstar who did the ****ing and keep the grinder who got ****ed.

Or maybe I am just bored at work and drawing random assumptions out of my ***.

agrudez* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2010, 01:24 PM
infidelappel*

Quote:
Originally Posted by agrudez View Post
I have been finding it fairly odd how much Holmgren has been standing up for Hartnell this year.

Posters have mentioned that he said he could have traded Hartnell (convinced him to waive NTC and had suitors) at the deadline and didn't and I read an interview recently where he insinuated about Hartnell's alleged marital problems.

If it is true that Carter was on his way out before the playoffs, and Holmgren (and Lavi to a lesser extent for not benching him) have been sympathetic and supportive of Hartnell then maybe the Carter ****ing Hartnell's wife rumor wasn't as far off as you would think?

I for one never saw Hartnell and Carter on the ice together (ES or PP) after those allegations.

Maybe it is like the Lindros-Brindamour situation, except they are trying to shop the superstar who did the ****ing and keep the grinder who got ****ed.

Or maybe I am just bored at work and drawing random assumptions out of my ***.
I'm going to go with the last of your possible statements. However, if we are going to lend any credence to those (ridiculous, IMO) rumors, it all would certainly look that way. Or, if Carter actually gets dealt, it would.

That said, I'm still pretty sure that all wasn't the case.

infidelappel* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2010, 01:33 PM
FreshPerspective
We don't need one!

I happen to think the Carter and Hartnell situation has some truth to it. There are a lot of pieces coming together. I mean it's now out in the open Hartnell had marital problems and even Briere. I know for a fact Briere's wife was involved with Downie at one point and not sure how that eventually went down but looks like him and his wife have had ongoing problems and not sure if it still stems from that situation. Downie wasn't liked in the locker room for a number of reasons but that was one of them. I have a first hand account from a coworker who works at the Wachovia where he saw Briere's wife making out with Downie outside the Pavillion..probably both drunk but happened nonetheless...

FreshPerspective is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2010, 01:38 PM
PhillyCurt12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
We're not really weak at wing.

Gagne-X-Giroux
Hartnell-X-Briere
JVR-X-Leino

or however you like it. We're weak at wings because we haven't been playing guys on the wing that are fully capable of playing wing.
2 of those 6 are centers and the other poster proposed we trade hartnell and gagne. that would leave us w/ 2 top 9 wingers. we certainly aren't the weakest team on the wing, but if we got rid of gagne and hartnell, there certainly would be a case to be made.

Old
06-18-2010, 01:41 PM
agrudez*

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrDoom View Post
I happen to think the Carter and Hartnell situation has some truth to it. There are a lot of pieces coming together. I mean it's now out in the open Hartnell had marital problems and even Briere. I know for a fact Briere's wife was involved with Downie at one point and not sure how that eventually went down but looks like him and his wife have had ongoing problems and not sure if it still stems from that situation. Downie wasn't liked in the locker room for a number of reasons but that was one of them. I have a first hand account from a coworker who works at the Wachovia where he saw Briere's wife making out with Downie outside the Pavillion..probably both drunk but happened nonetheless...
Are you sure it was Briere's wife?

She is pretty unfortunate looking my friend.

Maybe you are thinking of Cote's wife, now that is a stunner. I think they got divorced this year, too?

I can't wait until October for another episode of "All my Flyers".

agrudez* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2010, 01:45 PM
Guest123

First, thanks to most of those who responded without judging my opinions and ridiculing me.

I really do wish I could name my source to you guys because you'd then take what I say more seriously but as of RIGHT NOW those are the whispers that I could muster from my source.

I don't know about the Hartnell/Carter rumours but maybe Homer knows Carter is his best option to grab a solid RWer for his team.

Carter is best at center but so is Giroux... and we all know Giroux is untouchable.

Guest123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2010, 01:45 PM
Jester

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillyCurt12 View Post
2 of those 6 are centers and the other poster proposed we trade hartnell and gagne. that would leave us w/ 2 top 9 wingers. we certainly aren't the weakest team on the wing, but if we got rid of gagne and hartnell, there certainly would be a case to be made.
2 of those 6 are centers by choice, not necessity. I also want no part of Briere at center when it isn't necessary, but that's another discussion.