HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Minnesota Wild
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

6/16 Discussion - Grading Todd Richards' Performance

View Poll Results: How good of a job did Todd Richards do this year?
A 0 0%
B 0 0%
C 11 64.71%
D 6 35.29%
F 0 0%
Voters: 17. You may not vote on this poll

Old
06-17-2010, 03:16 PM
BigT2002

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by State of Hockey View Post
You brought up another down point with Richards. Havlat was junk. That early benching never worked either.
Havlat is the beneficial player when he is surrounded by other top talent. He was playing on a line pretty regularly with Versteeg and Sharp in Chicago and it worked out fine for them during the playoffs last year. Same with Ottawa.

BigT2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2010, 02:52 AM
State of Hockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarick View Post
Havlat was pretty good post-injury.
He was never the player he was for three years in Chi-Town.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigT2002 View Post
Havlat is the beneficial player when he is surrounded by other top talent. He was playing on a line pretty regularly with Versteeg and Sharp in Chicago and it worked out fine for them during the playoffs last year. Same with Ottawa.
Havlat produces when he doesn't have help. He was a PPG player with a great goal rate with scrubs his first season in Chicago. Last year he led the team in points while playing on the second line. Havlat doesn't have excuses.

State of Hockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2010, 08:17 AM
paulica

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigT2002 View Post
Havlat was a PPG player in Ottawa but he was always on the 2nd or 3rd line and oftentimes playing with 'scrubs' like Peter Schaefer simply because of Ottawa's depth in talent back in those days.

If you look at Chicago's team stats in 2006-2007...he was far ahead of everyone else on the team in stats, including guys like Patrick Sharp i.e. he was able to produce singlehandedly and still be a PPG player on a crap team with little or no support and with all the other teams' top defensemen against him.

And his last season in Chicago he was 'demoted' to the third line with Dave Bolland and Andrew Ladd (who up until that point were nothing). They were Chicago's checking line, always on the ice against the other teams' top lines...and despite being on a checking line he still led the team in points and had one of the highest +/-'s

Havlat doesn't need to play with top talent to produce. Something else went wrong last season, I think.

paulica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2010, 10:56 AM
Jarick
Doing Nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulica View Post
Havlat doesn't need to play with top talent to produce. Something else went wrong last season, I think.
Yes, he was injured at the beginning of the season. He had a whopping 2 goals and 8 points in 19 games before missing two weeks with a groin injury that had been nagging him for about 6 weeks (possibly longer).

While injured:
19gp 2g 6a 8pts = 0.11 gpg and 0.42 ppg

After injury:
54gp 16g 30a 46pts = 0.30 gpg and 0.85 ppg

His goal scoring tripled and production doubled overall. If he played 82 games at that pace, he'd have 24 goals and 45 assists for 69 points, which would probably shut everyone up.

I just don't understand how anyone, not Russo, not any talking head, not any other Wild fan has seen this but me.

Jarick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2010, 11:18 AM
UMD05
Hobey Baker Champs

You aren't alone.

UMD05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2010, 11:51 AM
GopherState
Repeat Offender...

Quote:
Yes, he was injured at the beginning of the season. He had a whopping 2 goals and 8 points in 19 games before missing two weeks with a groin injury that had been nagging him for about 6 weeks (possibly longer).

While injured:
19gp 2g 6a 8pts = 0.11 gpg and 0.42 ppg

After injury:
54gp 16g 30a 46pts = 0.30 gpg and 0.85 ppg

His goal scoring tripled and production doubled overall. If he played 82 games at that pace, he'd have 24 goals and 45 assists for 69 points, which would probably shut everyone up.

I just don't understand how anyone, not Russo, not any talking head, not any other Wild fan has seen this but me.
It's because around that time is when the Latendresse trade was made.

And listening to Fletcher talk about how he felt about Richards. Fletcher liked how he battled and will grow as a coach; in non-PR speak, Richards basically needs to improve next year.

"Will beats skill when skill doesn't have enough will."
-Doug Woog
1974 1976 1979 2002 2003 2014?
GopherState is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2010, 12:39 PM
paulica

Quote:

Because they got caught up in the Latendresse magic

paulica is offline   Reply With Quote