HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Chris Mason to Philly

Old
06-18-2010, 01:40 PM
Guest123

vCash: 500
Listen... ridicule me all you want.

I'm not going to argue with you. I don't expect you to believe that my source is a good one... but it is. I cannot tell you who my source is but

Carter will be traded. Most likely West.

I wish I could prove it to you and stop you in your tracks and say.. hmm that's a pretty good source.. but I can't.

If I'm wrong then I'll leave this board and let you guys just make fun of people behind your computer screen.

Guest123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2010, 01:42 PM
chaosof99*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Railman View Post
You mean like trading for Timonen and Hartnell?
Entirely different situation though, as the Flyers already had a very high first round pick then and the cap space to sign both players to good contracts while rebuilding and both would have become very valuable free agents otherwise.

The Flyers however in this case have no reason to trade for the rights of Chris Mason, let alone a player like Hartnell who has performed very well in the playoffs.

While I agree that the blanket statement you responded to was dumb, it is something that should be judged on a case by case basis, and in this case it makes no sense.

Entirely unrelated: Can somebody link me to a big version of John Wayne Gretzky's avatar?

chaosof99* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2010, 01:53 PM
aqsw
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by BiLLY_ShOE1721 View Post
I'm increasingly feeling that Mason is going to be in Philadelphia once the 2010-2011 seasons starts.
Did you see him at the world championships??

aqsw is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2010, 01:55 PM
aqsw
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by flames123 View Post
Nice to see some intelligent Blackhawk Fan posts for once in a while.

1st - Mason is UFA..... that make no sense at all. Even if Mason was sign that would not be fair.

2nd - Mason was Canada's #4 guy going into the Olympics and he had an great few years posting good sv% and very good GAA.
Wrong Mason!!!

Old
06-18-2010, 01:57 PM
aqsw
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boondock View Post
wrong Mason, Steve Mason was Canada's #4, Chris Mason was not even in the equation.

That said I think Turco would be the best option for the Flyers. 1) Phiily's D is 10x better then Dallas'
2) I think he feels like he has a lot to prove and would probably sign with a cup contender for below market value. 3) Turco's last half of the season was pretty darn good
This!!

Old
06-18-2010, 02:00 PM
IrishSniper87

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade View Post

I'm not going to argue with you. I don't expect you to believe that my source is a good one... but it is. I cannot tell you who my source is but

I wish I could prove it to you and stop you in your tracks and say.. hmm that's a pretty good source.. but I can't.

If I'm wrong then I'll leave this board and let you guys just make fun of people behind your computer screen.
I understand if your source is legit that you can not reveal it. I just want something better then Carter to the West. Maybe Carter to LA for Schenn and Brown (not a real rumor guys, don't jump on me). Then I would be more likely to believe you.

That's Eklund-esque.

IrishSniper87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2010, 02:05 PM
FlyLife
Nuthin but a G Thang

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaosof99 View Post
Entirely different situation though, as the Flyers already had a very high first round pick then and the cap space to sign both players to good contracts while rebuilding and both would have become very valuable free agents otherwise.

The Flyers however in this case have no reason to trade for the rights of Chris Mason, let alone a player like Hartnell who has performed very well in the playoffs.

While I agree that the blanket statement you responded to was dumb, it is something that should be judged on a case by case basis, and in this case it makes no sense.

Entirely unrelated: Can somebody link me to a big version of John Wayne Gretzky's avatar?
To add to this, the Nashville trade was for 2 skaters who would of drawn a good amount of interest in the league. I didn't really like the trade at the time, but Timonen has made the trade worth it and then some. Hartnell isn't as worthless as people on this site like to believe, and Holmgren even said he had 10+ teams contacted him about Hartnell at the deadline.

Mason is a completely different animal. First off he is a UFA goalie in a weak goalie market...nothing like Timonen and Hartnell. Second he is up there in age, you don't give up a 28 year old skater for negotiation rights to a 34 year old goaltender.

FlyLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2010, 02:07 PM
Polaris
Cold as Ice

Quote:
wrong Mason, Steve Mason was Canada's #4, Chris Mason was not even in the equation.
http://blues.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=517548

Chris Mason was on the Olympic stand-by list for Team Canada.

In any case, I think he'd be a good fit for the Flyers. There's no way he's going to be getting the 3.75/per year he was seeking from the Blues now that there's only a few teams searching for a starting goaltender. I think he and his agent didn't think the Blues had the stones to go out and acquire a #1 goaltender and got burned in the process.

Polaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2010, 02:14 PM
Guest123

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishSniper87 View Post
I understand if your source is legit that you can not reveal it. I just want something better then Carter to the West. Maybe Carter to LA for Schenn and Brown (not a real rumor guys, don't jump on me). Then I would be more likely to believe you.

That's Eklund-esque.
Well I told you Homer really want Brown. That's the best I can give you right now.

Old
06-18-2010, 02:20 PM
CS
Bryzgalov's Blueline

Quote:
Originally Posted by NWO View Post
next time you talk to your source can you ask him/her if they will be resigning Rob Bellamy? thanks
Hahahahahaha. NWO just made my morning. Awesome.

Quote:
Well I told you Homer really want Brown. That's the best I can give you right now.
You know, I've been hearing a bit about Brown from the Philly media as well. Nothing that can be put down and qualified as a rumor, but definitely a lot of chatter about LA.

CS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2010, 02:22 PM
BobbyClarkeFan16

My source tells me that there's going to be trades at the draft.

BobbyClarkeFan16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2010, 02:22 PM
decadentia

Quote:

Just for future reference, people saying they have secret sources with no proof generally doesn't float well around here. It's probably best kept to yourself. This is the internet after all, where everyone seems to be all knowing and special, i'm sure you understand.

Also, Chris Mason at almost 4mil is a bit too much in my opinion. I would say he's closer to 2.75.

decadentia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2010, 02:25 PM
Sandwiches1123

I wonder if the OP is really a hockey fan at all. Hartnell has a NMC. He's not going anywhere.

Sandwiches1123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2010, 02:28 PM
Guest123

Quote:
Originally Posted by decadentia View Post
Just for future reference, people saying they have secret sources with no proof generally doesn't float well around here. It's probably best kept to yourself. This is the internet after all, where everyone seems to be all knowing and special, i'm sure you understand.

Also, Chris Mason at almost 4mil is a bit too much in my opinion. I would say he's closer to 2.75.
I understand that. I do have proof. I just can't tell you... sounds bad but if what I say comes true.. I guess that's a good sign that I'm not blowing smoke up your as*?

Old
06-18-2010, 02:29 PM
CS
Bryzgalov's Blueline

Quote:
I understand that. I do have proof. I just can't tell you... sounds bad but if what I say comes true.. I guess that's a good sign that I'm not blowing smoke up your as*?

Old
06-18-2010, 02:31 PM
flames123

Quote:

That said I think Turco would be the best option for the Flyers. 1) Phiily's D is 10x better then Dallas'
2) I think he feels like he has a lot to prove and would probably sign with a cup contender for below market value. 3) Turco's last half of the season was pretty darn good
Actually, at the time Steve Mason had a .800sv% and was playing like crap. There was an article back at the Olympics and he was on their injury back-up list.

flames123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2010, 02:32 PM
JABEE

Quote:
How highly are teams valuing Carter? Would it be Brown+a goalie?

JABEE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2010, 02:40 PM
ilovetheflyers8

Quote:
Originally Posted by JABEE View Post
I feel like that would be too high a payment.

ilovetheflyers8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2010, 02:42 PM
CS
Bryzgalov's Blueline

Quote:
Originally Posted by JABEE View Post
Brown + Quick/Bernier

for

Carter + Parent

Sounds about right in terms of value. Would LA do it? Who knows?

Old
06-18-2010, 03:05 PM
Bennysflyers16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Shafer View Post
Brown + Quick/Bernier

for

Carter + Parent

Sounds about right in terms of value. Would LA do it? Who knows?
Who are LA's current centers ?
Kopitar, Zeus ???? Schenn is a center too correct ?

A 1-2 of Kopitar/Carter would be INSANE , but does moving a winger for Center make sense for them ??

Bennysflyers16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2010, 03:06 PM
CS
Bryzgalov's Blueline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bennysflyers16 View Post
A 1-2 of Kopitar/Carter would be INSANE , but does moving a winger for Center make sense for them ??
Not necessarily.

Old
06-18-2010, 03:08 PM
Bennysflyers16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Shafer View Post
Not necessarily.
Brown, Bernier for Carter,Parent, Boosh is something that works for us imo, but interested in what some LA fans think ?

Bennysflyers16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2010, 03:09 PM
Guest123

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bennysflyers16 View Post
Who are LA's current centers ?
Kopitar, Zeus ???? Schenn is a center too correct ?

I think they are short on wingers especially with Frolov potentially bouncing so it might be hard to sell Carter to LA for winger.

But I find it interesting that John Stevens might join the bench there.

Didn't he have a good relationship with Carter?

EDIT: Benny, LA fans say dream on with this Brown talk. Rightfully so. But we'll see if Homer and Lombardi make a deal.

Also, LA is leading for Kovalchuk with numerous media outlets. Kopitar,Carter,Kovalchuk is a nice core.

Old
06-18-2010, 03:57 PM
zeus3007*

It wouldn't surprise me if Stoll comes back the other way. The Kings are trying to move a C. And Bernier won't be involved, I would guess.

Brown, Quick, Stoll

For

Carter, Hartnell

I dunno, just a guess.

zeus3007* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2010, 03:59 PM
SolidSnakeUS

Wow, this turned into a Kings-Flyers thing very fast.

SolidSnakeUS is offline   Reply With Quote