HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Valentenko to North America

Old
06-17-2010, 11:47 PM
Janerixon

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by gravytrain6t View Post
Oh okay, i just wanted to check because basically this is what I was trying to say well after you did!

Another way the Rangers can get rid of (possibly) Rozsival or Redden is if another team is hurting real badly on defense and the Rangers are willing to give up a few kids which may or may not be (to some of the more knowledgeable fans) in the team's best interest.
I don't think Rozy will be moved, his contract isn't that bad and he is valuable. he is streaky and when he is bad, he is bad, but when he is on he is quite useful.

The funny thing about Redden is on a different team he could be serviceable, but he has worn out his welcome here. If we could find a team to take him on re-entry we would still be on the hook for a good chunk of change but Sather is no longer paying for the full mistake, just our cap is. I really believe he will be demoted or Sather will figure someway to get rid of him. I just pray I am right

Janerixon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2010, 06:30 AM
hpNYR
HF Forecaster

This guy is our Zach Boychuk.

hpNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2010, 06:46 AM
Levitate

Quote:
Originally Posted by hpNYR View Post
This guy is our Zach Boychuk.
An undersized center from the WHL?

Levitate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2010, 06:55 AM
King of cool
The winning hat

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocarina View Post
I think he left due to his family needing more money or something like that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by squishy View Post
It was more complicated than that. His family needed money, they convinced him to come home to deal with family issues, but when he got there his dad had a lucrative contract with Dynamo on the table for him to sign. He's said all along that he wanted to come back and try to make the NHL when that contract was up.

That said, I think those who are penciling him into the opening night line-up are being way too optimistic. In two years in Russia he managed to play only 15 games. His first season he suffered a serious back injury. Last year he missed almost the entire season after a pre-season shoulder injury required surgery. He came back for a couple games, then suffered another, minor, injury. But even after he recovered from that and was completely healthy he wasn't able to win a spot in the line-up.

While I'm sure he's coming over intending to win a spot in the NHL, given how the past two years have gone, you can bet he understands there's a very good chance he'll need to prove himself in the AHL first.
Thanks for the info, I didn't know about these family issues over there.

Last edited by King of cool: 06-18-2010 at 07:16 AM.
King of cool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2010, 06:58 AM
Levitate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeds2StepOpus View Post
Dan Girardi is our best younger defenseman, at 26 years old and three full seasons under his belt (and 34 more regular season games and a brief playoff run).
Staal is a lot better than Girardi...

Levitate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2010, 07:40 AM
rangers1314

Not sure if this was posted already, but heres a link to an article with a direct quote from the Dynamo GM saying that Valentenko is not returning and will be coming to NA.

http://www.russianhockeyfans.com/pro...th-us-206.html

rangers1314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2010, 08:56 AM
squishy

Quote:
Originally Posted by rangers1314 View Post
Not sure if this was posted already, but heres a link to an article with a direct quote from the Dynamo GM saying that Valentenko is not returning and will be coming to NA.

http://www.russianhockeyfans.com/pro...th-us-206.html
Same quote from the same article I translated and posted on the first page.

Btw, I updated my original post with news that Valentenko's coming to prospect camp:

Quote:
On Friday, Valentenko’s Russian agent, Igor Kramarev, told Sports.ru that his client will attend the Rangers Prospect Development Camp later this month: “Pavel has received an invitation to go to the New York Rangers’ prospect camp. He decided to take advantage of this invitation.”
http://www.beyondtheblueshirts.com/2...-north-america

squishy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2010, 10:22 AM
Jumbo*
TARGET: ACQUIRED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeds2StepOpus View Post
How exactly will adding three very inexperienced rookies to this Blueline .....be " Big"?

Sorry, I don't get it.

We already have a very young defense. Del Zotto will be 20 years old and in his second NHL season.

Staal ...23 years old with three seasons under his belt.

Matt Gilroy, will be 26 years old (come training camp), not even a full NHL season under his belt and he's clueless back there.

Dan Girardi is our best younger defenseman, at 26 years old and three full seasons under his belt (and 34 more regular season games and a brief playoff run).

Then we have Michal " See You In Late February " Rozsival, who at 31 years old still can't show up for 70 % of the games he plays.

As for Wade Redden, well, he ain't getting any better, lately. That's for sure.

This team needs true vetern presence, leadership and toughness on the Blueline; to really help these young kids. And Redden and Rozsival ain't getting it done.

The only way they should be bringing in another young defenseman from the system, is if they find a way to dump Redden, Rozsival and Gilroy. Then, get themselves two real veterns to take their place. Then, add another youngster.

Furthermore, Spagetti ain't getting you a top six forward, unless it's an extensive multi-player deal. Spagetti on his own, gets you a 3rd Rounder....maybe a 2nd Rounder (from another dumb GM), tops. Or another AHLer. Nothing more. O
Wow, we all know your Dan's biggest fan boy on the site, but you really think he is better then Staal?

Jumbo* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2010, 10:56 AM
vipernsx
Flatus Expeller

vCash: 566
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan. View Post
He's better than Gilroy and anyone else beneath him right now. I would not be surprised at all to see him make the team as the 5th/6th/7th guy. I don't think he'd be coming over for AHL duty.
He's definitely better than Redden.

vipernsx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2010, 11:33 AM
hpNYR
HF Forecaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levitate View Post
An undersized center from the WHL?
Que? Maybe that was sarcasm, but I'm talking about the dmen from Boston. That's one of the guys I want come jul 1.

Old
06-18-2010, 11:38 AM
turcotte8

Quote:
Originally Posted by hpNYR View Post
Que? Maybe that was sarcasm, but I'm talking about the dmen from Boston. That's one of the guys I want come jul 1.
I think you meant Johnny Boychuk, D from Boston. Zach Boychuk is a foward for Carolina.

turcotte8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2010, 01:18 PM
MrAlmost
We are Lokomotiv!

very cool seems like good news. Hope he plays well.

MrAlmost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2010, 04:02 PM
hpNYR
HF Forecaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by turcotte8 View Post
I think you meant Johnny Boychuk, D from Boston. Zach Boychuk is a foward for Carolina.
My apologies, Yes sir.

Old
06-18-2010, 04:26 PM
dedalus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trxjw View Post
Should be a good battle for that 6th spot in camp if this is true.
That made me laugh.

And then it made me cry.

dedalus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2010, 04:54 PM
Rust Heisenberg

vCash: 50
anyone think we can waive redden and then trade rosi and sangs for horton? i hear horton's on the out in florida, if you all believe rosival is worth a lot then him and sanguinetti would be far than enough to get a young, troubled, and often injured winger.

we'd have presumably 7.5 mill extra if we did both of those things. all in all around like 15 mill.

resigning all the players we would like would probably cost us 10 mill... leaving us around 5 mill for a big acquisition, which i think should be used on a tough and gritty defender such as hamhuis.

Rust Heisenberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2010, 04:56 PM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

Send a message via AIM to Bird Law
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjets36 View Post
anyone think we can waive redden and then trade rosi and sangs for horton? i hear horton's on the out in florida, if you all believe rosival is worth a lot then him and sanguinetti would be far than enough to get a young, troubled, and often injured winger.

we'd have presumably 7.5 mill extra if we did both of those things. all in all around like 15 mill.

resigning all the players we would like would probably cost us 10 mill... leaving us around 5 mill for a big acquisition, which i think should be used on a tough and gritty defender such as hamhuis.
Not a bad trade, value wise. I think Florida could use a guy like Rosie, as well. If we do that, we'll be signing a guy for the same price as Rosie on the UFA market. I like Hamhuis and Michalek (like Michalek more) in that regard.

I'm for it. We might need to sweeten the pot a bit, but not by much.

Bird Law is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2010, 05:28 PM
Rust Heisenberg

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan. View Post
Not a bad trade, value wise. I think Florida could use a guy like Rosie, as well. If we do that, we'll be signing a guy for the same price as Rosie on the UFA market. I like Hamhuis and Michalek (like Michalek more) in that regard.

I'm for it. We might need to sweeten the pot a bit, but not by much.
yea i don't think horton's value is as high as it was a year ago. they get a cheap but good defenseman in rosival (owed 7 mill over the next 2 seasons) thats cheap for what he brings, and an up and coming defenseman in sangs. you're right we might need to add in a 4th or werek or something but it shouldn't be too much more.

and yea, hamhuis or michalek, either or. i just want some guy who will lay someone out and stay true to his post rather than be an offensive defenseman.

Rust Heisenberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2010, 05:31 PM
XLJ

I like Valentenko he plays with a lot of jam. I hope he makes the team out of training camp. He probably knows he has a real good shot too which is why he is coming over. It be great if him and Sangs were the third pair defensemen. I bet they would be much better than Redden and Gilroy. But I doubt the rangers would go with 2 rookie d-men out of camp after last year's disaster.

XLJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2010, 12:45 AM
donpaulo
Capt Barry Beck

Looks like damaged goods. A back injury is rather a serious matter and shoulders are never the same (ask paul ranger)

good to have the guy signed, in camp and playing in the program so the professionals can get a good look at him and try and tweak things.

Either way he is an asset

not sold on keeping Girardi but if its a choice between rozi and dan I would prefer to keep dan.

donpaulo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2010, 02:08 AM
Radek27

Send a message via AIM to Radek27
Quote:
Originally Posted by squishy View Post
Same quote from the same article I translated and posted on the first page.

Btw, I updated my original post with news that Valentenko's coming to prospect camp:

http://www.beyondtheblueshirts.com/2...-north-america
I follow you on twitter Squish, one of my top spots for Wolfpack news.

Is this guy going to demand a one way contract though?

Radek27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2010, 08:10 AM
squishy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radek27 View Post
I follow you on twitter Squish, one of my top spots for Wolfpack news.

Is this guy going to demand a one way contract though?

As for Valentenko, he's in no position to demand anything. He's still on his entry level contract.

squishy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2010, 10:28 AM
Bulls9220

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ih8theislanders View Post
What are the odd's that he'll make the team this year?
none cause i guarantee torts is an idiot and goes with the same d lineup. Unless something happens to Redden

Bulls9220 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2010, 10:32 AM
hpNYR
HF Forecaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangersrule1 View Post
none cause i guarantee torts is an idiot and goes with the same d lineup. Unless something happens to Redden
Yeah because Torts thinks Redden is a key component to this team, right?

Silly post. If there is any way they can get rid of Redden, which there is; they will.

Old
06-25-2010, 06:19 AM
For Your Technology

Pavel Valentenko - Contract terminated by Dyn. Moscow.

@GenadiB

# Rangers prospect Pavel Valentenko terminated his contract with Dynamo Moscow. The road to the NHL open?

8 minutes ago via Echofon

For Your Technology is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2010, 06:20 AM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Quote:
Rangers prospect Pavel Valentenko terminated his contract with Dynamo Moscow. The road to the NHL open?
http://twitter.com/GenadiB/status/17005972369

Valentenko wasn't listed as one of the players attending prospects. The Rangers released the info this week.

http://rangers.nhl.com/club/news.htm...id=DL|NYR|home

RangerBoy is offline   Reply With Quote