HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Notices

Poile's cleaning out the closet.....Now what?

Old
06-19-2010, 03:45 PM
Enoch
This is my boomstick

vCash: 500
Okay, I didn't realize VL contract was so front loaded. There is no way we could take that on simply because of the structure of the deal. Fisher is overpaid. Spezza is already making top dollar .... I would rather go for a FA then have to ante up premium prospects and still pay premium dollar for a player. Poile is likely looking at a trade, but not for these three....I completely agree BFC.

06-19-2010, 03:45 PM
Byrddog

Come on Poile complete the Tri-Fecta and move Ellis today. While I like Hammer we are not able to offer him the 4 to 4.5 mil he will get as for Arnott thanks goodness he's gone. Arnott is a soft big guy which fails on any team was a good chance to give the guy a chance as a 1st liner in the league but his numbers FAILED... Wilson better step up or we may just see Leggy as the 1st line center again that would be just horrible.

Byrddog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2010, 03:47 PM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

I keep saying it, Ellis to Philly. Perfect trade. 1a/b goalie to Philly, moderately cheap. They can keep Boucher as the other 1a/b.

BigFatCat999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2010, 03:47 PM
David71

offer sheets/targets chicago players

David71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2010, 03:48 PM
lightning_legwand*

Please say Dumont is on his way out!! PLZ!!

lightning_legwand* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2010, 03:49 PM
PredsV82
Puckaroni and cheese

vCash: 50
the hard part is knowing there is likely another shoe to drop... but with two moves announced within hours of each other it'll eat us up with anticipation if nothing more happens for a couple of days... or weeks...

PredsV82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2010, 03:50 PM
Roman Yoshi
Ellis too short

I am almost 80% sure dumont will be moved in the next 3 days.

I am almost 90% Horton is Poile's main target.

Roman Yoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2010, 03:50 PM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

Quote:
Originally Posted by PredsV82 View Post
the hard part is knowing there is likely another shoe to drop... but with two moves announced within hours of each other it'll eat us up with anticipation if nothing more happens for a couple of days... or weeks...
Poile does tend to drop bombshells don't he?

Old
06-19-2010, 03:51 PM
glenngineer

I don't think it's gonna be Horton with his salary going up every year that he's signed for at this point. Then again, you never know. Horton's size might be a good fit for us.

glenngineer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2010, 03:57 PM
I Will Son
An Army of One

Maybe Poile blows all of our minds and lands Spezza

I Will Son is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2010, 04:06 PM
lightning_legwand*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joetimo View Post
I am almost 80% sure dumont will be moved in the next 3 days.

I am almost 90% Horton is Poile's main target.

I really hope Horton is not his target! I would loooooooooove Spezza!

Horton is a punk.

Old
06-19-2010, 04:07 PM
Byrddog

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColinWilson33 View Post
Maybe Poile blows all of our minds and lands Spezza
I don't think its Spezza but the guy has something up his sleve. Or these moves would not have happened.

Byrddog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2010, 04:12 PM
lightning_legwand*

Quote:
Originally Posted by PredsV82 View Post
It will be before July 1st I am pretty sure at the latest. Maybe even by the draft/

Old
06-19-2010, 04:13 PM
CantbeatzPekka
Weber/Jones/Josi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Byrddog View Post
Come on Poile complete the Tri-Fecta and move Ellis today. While I like Hammer we are not able to offer him the 4 to 4.5 mil he will get as for Arnott thanks goodness he's gone. Arnott is a soft big guy which fails on any team was a good chance to give the guy a chance as a 1st liner in the league but his numbers FAILED... Wilson better step up or we may just see Leggy as the 1st line center again that would be just horrible.
I dont think you remember back in the year 2000 do you? It was the Stanley cup finals and The devils were up against the stars. And Jason Arnott in OT scores the Cup Winning goal for the devils! now he is back on the devils and i bet no one up there is complaining about him he might have been a bit slow sometimes but ive had season tickets by the glass for years now and have watched him at his best and worst and i give the guy the utmost respect because in the end hes done some incredible things for this franchise......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X5_A0E6On8s

still makes me cringe

not to mention Arnott holds the Predators franchise record for most goals scored in a season.

CantbeatzPekka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2010, 04:14 PM
I Will Son
An Army of One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Byrddog View Post
I don't think its Spezza but the guy has something up his sleve. Or these moves would not have happened.
Ya thats for certain. We may not see what hes thinking till draft day

Old
06-19-2010, 04:16 PM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

I was going to get dinner and abandon you guys and then I remembered that my town has an internet bar.

Mmmmmm......Moderating, philly cheesesteaks (natch) and liquor.

What else could a moderator need?

Old
06-19-2010, 04:16 PM
I Will Son
An Army of One

Quote:
Originally Posted by predsicle420 View Post
I dont think you remember back in the year 2000 do you? It was the Stanley cup finals and The devils were up against the stars. And Jason Arnott in OT scores the Cup Winning goal for the devils! now he is back on the devils and i bet no one up there is complaining about him he might have been a bit slow sometimes but ive had season tickets by the glass for years now and have watched him at his best and worst and i give the guy the utmost respect because in the end hes done some incredible things for this franchise......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X5_A0E6On8s

still makes me cringe

not to mention Arnott holds the Predators franchise record for most goals scored in a season.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F0sauC3H6zk

Man I had never been so happy to see Burrows get his S**T rocked!

Old
06-19-2010, 04:17 PM
Sean Avery*

Quote:
So with Arnott and Hamhuis out of the picture WTF does poile plan on doing next? Saving the money for future contracts for weber/suter? How about signing a top 6 forward for some MUCH MUCH needed scoring help? Either way i'm still on the edge of my seat trying to decode poiles string of trades. Any thoughts or comments are open.............
I have been wondering if maybe they were going to make a play for Kovalchuk? Someone suggested Dumont might be the next to go.

Sean Avery* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2010, 04:19 PM
I Will Son
An Army of One

Quote:
Originally Posted by BettMcMahon View Post
I have been wondering if maybe they were going to make a play for Kovalchuk? Someone suggested Dumont might be the next to go.
We cant go for Kovy...way to much money. And Poile doesnt want to take a risk with another Russian who has had talks with the KHL

Old
06-19-2010, 04:20 PM
dulzhok

Arnott was the easiest of our big contracts to move, because it's only a one year risk.

Dumont will be harder. Also, he seems less willing to wavie his NTC, despite Poile/Trotz's efforts to degrade him publicly.

I'm not expecting much in terms of bringing in new players. I think this was a move to put us back as the lowest payroll team in the league.

dulzhok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2010, 04:22 PM
kivaerijo

not sure i get all the dumont hate. was expecting this to be him traded, but i really think he is still a performer. get him the right guys on a line, and he will be fine. not to mention that once he got off a ine with arnott, i think he has shown more urgency out there.

i would be fine with him on second line (if they decided to not play defensively as much on that line). and think having him on PP is a good thing as well

kivaerijo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2010, 04:24 PM
Legionnaire11

Quote:
I dont think you remember back in the year 2000 do you?
So we should offer Gretzky a contract because he was great in the 80's? And supposing 10 years ago had any bearing on today's predators then Arnott wasn't even great in 99-00... 22g and 56p

Quote:
A monumental achievement for sure. Any scoring record on the Preds is not worth much yet. Eventually we'll have a 40 goal scorer and a 50 goal scorer. We'll eventually have a 100 point getter. And then we can stop gushing about 30 goals and 60 points. I'm not trying to take away from the franchise or anything, but offensively we just haven't had anything special, ever.

Legionnaire11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2010, 04:30 PM
JR303

Quote:
Originally Posted by kivaerijo View Post
not sure i get all the dumont hate. was expecting this to be him traded, but i really think he is still a performer. get him the right guys on a line, and he will be fine. not to mention that once he got off a ine with arnott, i think he has shown more urgency out there.

i would be fine with him on second line (if they decided to not play defensively as much on that line). and think having him on PP is a good thing as well

Was beginning to wonder if I was the only one who really wants Dumont to stay. I feel he will rebound, quite possibly with the trade of Arnott (Which I was/am in HUGE favor of, I just never thought we'd find a partner).

I think a line of Legwand/Dumont/sullivan could be productive. I think it's time to hand the shut-down role off to Goc, etc...

But, I'm not sure I see that happening just yet.

JR303 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2010, 04:31 PM
glenngineer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JR303 View Post
Was beginning to wonder if I was the only one who really wants Dumont to stay. I feel he will rebound, quite possibly with the trade of Arnott (Which I was/am in HUGE favor of, I just never thought we'd find a partner).

I think a line of Legwand/Dumont/sullivan could be productive. I think it's time to hand the shut-down role off to Goc, etc...

But, I'm not sure I see that happening just yet.
Then have Wilson/Hornqvist/Erat as our other top line?

glenngineer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2010, 04:33 PM
dulzhok

Quote:
Originally Posted by kivaerijo View Post

I agree to an extent. He only got 14 mins of icetime this year. 17g with Tootoo aint TooBad.

He looked good in playoffs, but wish he could've played with that passion in the regular season.

However, it seems like Poile and Trotz are trying to force him into waiving his NTC. If that doesn't happen, or if they can't find someone to take him, it could be a very long 2 years with Dumont.

dulzhok is offline   Reply With Quote