HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Coburn on the trade Block?

Old
06-19-2010, 02:57 PM
Paradise
Individual thinker

vCash: 500
I heard Vancouver was high on Hamhuis, to bad for them. Schneider + Shirokov for Coburn?

Paradise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2010, 06:17 PM
Vaasa

I'll take Carle back on the Sharks. I never wanted him traded in the first place. He'd fit in just fine with Vlasic on the 2nd pair.

What would Philly want?

Vaasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2010, 06:31 PM
tv14

I would like to see Coburn on the Oilers.

tv14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2010, 06:39 PM
CS
Bryzgalov's Blueline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaasa View Post
I'll take Carle back on the Sharks. I never wanted him traded in the first place. He'd fit in just fine with Vlasic on the 2nd pair.

What would Philly want?
1st, as I said in the other thread. We can't take on salary, and your prospect pool is weak.

CS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2010, 06:42 PM
CS
Bryzgalov's Blueline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paradise View Post
I heard Vancouver was high on Hamhuis, to bad for them. Schneider + Shirokov for Coburn?
I think I'd want Schroeder/Grabner/1st + Schneider for Coburn.

Old
06-19-2010, 06:47 PM
Horvat2Virtanen
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 855
^^^^^
Do I even have to say anything?

Horvat2Virtanen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2010, 06:47 PM
jumptheshark
the burn out

vCash: 50
I think the flyers maybe moving timonen

Heaven wont take me and hell is afraid I'd take 0ver
jumptheshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2010, 06:48 PM
Jamie Benn
NHL Draft Enthusiast

I heard a rumor on Team1040 that Raymond for Coburn.

I swear to god, better not happen.

Jamie Benn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2010, 06:53 PM
LostMyGlasses*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Shafer View Post
I think I'd want Schroeder/Grabner/1st + Schneider for Coburn.

LostMyGlasses* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2010, 06:59 PM
FlyLife
Nuthin but a G Thang

You really don't think Vancouver would do Schroeder and Schneider for Coburn? I mean, I can understand the other 2, but Schroeder?

FlyLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2010, 07:02 PM
CS
Bryzgalov's Blueline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff VanRichards View Post
You really don't think Vancouver would do Schroeder and Schneider for Coburn? I mean, I can understand the other 2, but Schroeder?
Probably not.

Point is, Schneider is not going to get you Coburn as the centerpiece of the deal.

Old
06-19-2010, 07:05 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

Quote:
Originally Posted by jumptheshark View Post
I think the flyers maybe moving timonen
Zero chance

If someone has a 2nd and 3rd for Carle, I'm down.

GKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2010, 07:10 PM
mercury

Quote:
Originally Posted by TourettesGuy View Post
I heard a rumor on Team1040 that Raymond for Coburn.

I swear to god, better not happen.
That'd be awesome for the Flyers.

mercury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2010, 07:15 PM
BamBamCam8

Quote:
Originally Posted by mercury View Post
That'd be awesome for the Flyers.
How about Raymond & Bieksa for Coborn & Hartnell...

BamBamCam8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2010, 07:17 PM
LostMyGlasses*

Quote:
With the way Schroeder looked in his brief stint in the AHL, I would be jaw-drop stunned to see him moved for a guy like Coburn. I saw Schroeder play two full games on TV and watched the highlights of his every game with Manitoba, and I was impressed, and I was skeptical when he was drafted.

I think that unless something is offered at the draft, the Canucks will check out the July 1 market. If they luck out, like last year, I could see Gillis more motivated to move assets to improve the team.

I could see Grabner and a 2011 first being offered.

Trading Schneider would be a weird thing at this point. It would technically be a sign and trade, which rarely happens.

Point is, I don't think Gillis will be overly motivated to do anything until July 2nd. Especially trade away who he considers a top prospect closer to the NHL than many thought for what just about any Philly fan would call an "up and down" defenceman.

LostMyGlasses* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2010, 07:19 PM
captainpaxil

3.1 isnt bad money for coburn nd that qualifies 1st and 3rd. i think your going to have to beat that to get him out of philly.

holmgren is putting a d together that will give a young goaltender plenty of room to develop. the way you set up a solid o line before throwing a rookie quarterback to the wolves.

pronger carle
coburn timo
hamhuis phantom
bart

bobrovski
boucher/backlund

captainpaxil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2010, 07:19 PM
SnS
Mod Supervisor

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamBamCam8 View Post

Not exactly a fan of Bieksa, and I'm not fully sure him and Richie would be able to get along completely.

Props to Nemesis for the signature and avatar.
SnS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2010, 07:23 PM
mercury

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamBamCam8 View Post

The whole idea is that we have five top-4 defensemen now. We need a goalie, a RW, and maybe a 3rd pairing defensemen. Raymond, Schneider, SOB are the only ones I can see filling the holes properly. What do you want for the package?

Old
06-19-2010, 07:24 PM
RE-HABS

After reading McKenzie's Twitter he said Carter isn't in play, and the Leafs and Philly have been linked to talks so something tells me Kaberle could be going to Philly to strengthen that D even more, but for who?

Not Giroux, JVR or Lieno.

Hartnell or Gagne, or a Dman?

RE-HABS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2010, 07:29 PM
FlyLife
Nuthin but a G Thang

Quote:
Originally Posted by LostMyGlasses View Post
With the way Schroeder looked in his brief stint in the AHL, I would be jaw-drop stunned to see him moved for a guy like Coburn. I saw Schroeder play two full games on TV and watched the highlights of his every game with Manitoba, and I was impressed, and I was skeptical when he was drafted.

I think that unless something is offered at the draft, the Canucks will check out the July 1 market. If they luck out, like last year, I could see Gillis more motivated to move assets to improve the team.

I could see Grabner and a 2011 first being offered.

Trading Schneider would be a weird thing at this point. It would technically be a sign and trade, which rarely happens.

Point is, I don't think Gillis will be overly motivated to do anything until July 2nd. Especially trade away who he considers a top prospect closer to the NHL than many thought for what just about any Philly fan would call an "up and down" defenceman.
Coburn is 25 years old, ofcourse he is going to be up and down. It doesn't mean that he doesn't have the tools to become a top pairing guy in the near future (just like Schroeder has the tools to be a top 6 forward). Coburn has very good size, and is a terrific skater...sure he has ups and downs, but when he is up, he's top-pairing quality. Those ups and downs tend to go away as defenders get older and more experienced.

Schroeder is very short at 5'9, and while his skill set is very nice, there is nothing about him that makes him better or close to in value as Coburn. He could have little-to-no effect in the NHL because of his size alone. Schneider really doesn't have a lot of value, and would need to be packaged with something else to get a good return. A potential top pairing D is one of those things you could trade him for, and Schroeder is a solid piece that could get that done.

Listen, Vancouver may not want to trade him, but the value is there IMO, and for 3 posters in a row to mock that proposal just makes me scratch my head. I mean you guys wouldn't even do a 1st and Schneider?? Really? Do you expect to get someone like Coburn for free?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RE-HABS View Post
After reading McKenzie's Twitter he said Carter isn't in play, and the Leafs and Philly have been linked to talks so something tells me Kaberle could be going to Philly to strengthen that D even more, but for who?
You aren't serious are you?

FlyLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2010, 07:32 PM
Guest123

Quote:

I am fully confident that Carter is in play.

Gotta admit. If Burke offered Homer Kaberle for Leino.... he'd politely contemplate. say yes. hang up the phone. AND LAUGH.

OKT and 5th rounder for Kaberle.

Guest123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2010, 07:33 PM
crazyforhockey

A little early to trade Coburn....as you still havent signed Hamhuis

I think that Van (mike Gillis)isnt going to be trading Schneider unless overpayment...

he will keep him for the season and drive up his value playing 20-25gms.Possibly trading him at the deadline if they get the player they want coming back.......rarly do those happen so I would expect either a trade at the draft or a couple of weeks before the season begins or not at all........and where Phi may jump all over Schneider is the great cap hit.

crazyforhockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2010, 07:37 PM
crazyforhockey

Quote:
Coburn is 25 years old, ofcourse he is going to be up and down. It doesn't mean that he doesn't have the tools to become a top pairing guy in the near future (just like Schroeder has the tools to be a top 6 forward). Coburn has very good size, and is a terrific skater...sure he has ups and downs, but when he is up, he's top-pairing quality. Those ups and downs tend to go away as defenders get older and more experienced.

Schroeder is very short at 5'9, and while his skill set is very nice, there is nothing about him that makes him better or close to in value as Coburn. He could have little-to-no effect in the NHL because of his size alone. Schneider really doesn't have a lot of value, and would need to be packaged with something else to get a good return. A potential top pairing D is one of those things you could trade him for, and Schroeder is a solid piece that could get that done.

Listen, Vancouver may not want to trade him, but the value is there IMO, and for 3 posters in a row to mock that proposal just makes me scratch my head. I mean you guys wouldn't even do a 1st and Schneider?? Really? Do you expect to get someone like Coburn for free?

You aren't serious are you?
Yes Schreoder is small and wont have a impact...much like that other short center you have...means nothing that those players have speed and high skills...

crazyforhockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2010, 07:38 PM
mercury

Quote:
Why? We have five top-4 defensemen as it is (counting RFA Coburn).

Quote:

You guys are set on D, aren't you? We have centers and an extra top-4 defenseman. We need a top-6 RW, a 3rd pairing defenseman (preferably right-shooting), and a goalie.

Old
06-19-2010, 07:41 PM
RE-HABS

[QUOTE=mercury;26371405]
Quote:

Why? We have five top-4 defensemen as it is (counting RFA Coburn).

You guys are set on D, aren't you? We have centers and an extra top-4 defenseman. We need a top-6 RW, a 3rd pairing defenseman (preferably right-shooting), and a goalie.
If Kaberle goes you would see probably Carle going the other way, there would be a top 4 involved.

In regards to a goalie, Giggy would be a good one but the cap hit is awful and I don't know if he has a NTC still.

The only top 6 player the Leafs have is Kessel and I'm sure he isn't in play.

RE-HABS is offline   Reply With Quote