HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Poile's cleaning out the closet.....Now what?

Old
06-19-2010, 08:10 PM
Roman Yoshi
Ellis too short

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFatCat999 View Post
Situation analysis, status quo

Respectfully snipped
I have to disagree. While I doubt we go out and get a top free agent or trade for a top player, I would not be surprised to see Poile try to move JP and bring someone else in.

I may not be as in touch as Slake, but I've been hearing a few rumblings. I would not be surprised to see one more trade before july 1st

Roman Yoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2010, 08:19 PM
Seth Lake

Send a message via AIM to Seth Lake
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joetimo View Post
I have to disagree. While I doubt we go out and get a top free agent or trade for a top player, I would not be surprised to see Poile try to move JP and bring someone else in.

I may not be as in touch as Slake, but I've been hearing a few rumblings. I would not be surprised to see one more trade before july 1st
I haven't heard anything else either, but I would assume based on my roster projection of where we stand tonight that Dumont is not slotted into our top-six, is too expensive to play third line, and is trade bait...

I look at our lineup tonight as missing one top-six (preferably 1st line) forward...

Wilson - XXX - Erat
Sullivan - Goc - Hornqvist
Ward - Legwand - Halischuk/Boyd
Spaling - Smithson - Tootoo
Belak - O'Reilly

Suter - Weber
Klein - Parent
Bouillon - Franson

Rinne
(Dekanich)

Obviously, with Wilson showing that he can play either center or wing we have flexibility in filling that final hole and I see moving Dumont as also potentially freeing up cash to re-sign Grebeshkov to bump Parent down a little and further strengthen our D corps. O'Reilly must fight for a roster spot until he solidifies himself as an NHL player and Boyd will also be an interesting spot to watch too with the addition of Halischuk and whether or not Spaling makes the lineup to start next year.

Seth Lake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2010, 09:16 PM
ZombPred
ALLeyeDOizWHEN!

These trades better be a prelude to something huge or I'm gonna be extremely pissed!

ZombPred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2010, 10:43 PM
TMI
Mod Supervisor

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiralyPred View Post
These trades better be a prelude to something huge or I'm gonna be extremely pissed!
We're Preds fans. Prepare to be pissed

TMI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2010, 10:55 PM
Viqsi
carrying the flag

Send a message via AIM to Viqsi
Versteeg might be a nice grab, too. Surprised nobody's mentioned him yet.

Plekanec would shock me. I earnestly believe he's going to be the center of the next first-line-money-for-second-line-talent Gomez/Drury/Briere-style bidding war, and Poile's too smart to get into something like that.

Also, I don't expect Dumont to go anywhere. There's no serious reason to remove him anymore. Bring in one more guy like one of Chicago's casualty forwards and not only do the Preds stay below the self-imposed cap, it gives something vaguely resembling top-6 depth.

Thanks, Howson, for cleaning up MacLean's toxic waste. Welcome, Kekalainen; let's get good things built!
Viqsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2010, 10:55 PM
Viqsi
carrying the flag

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdManIn View Post
We're Preds fans. Prepare to be pissed
Goodness. Swap "Preds" out with "Jackets" and it's like I never left home.

Old
06-19-2010, 11:07 PM
Sean Avery*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viqsi View Post
Versteeg might be a nice grab, too. Surprised nobody's mentioned him yet.

Plekanec would shock me. I earnestly believe he's going to be the center of the next first-line-money-for-second-line-talent Gomez/Drury/Briere-style bidding war, and Poile's too smart to get into something like that.

Also, I don't expect Dumont to go anywhere. There's no serious reason to remove him anymore. Bring in one more guy like one of Chicago's casualty forwards and not only do the Preds stay below the self-imposed cap, it gives something vaguely resembling top-6 depth.
Who we gettin?

Sean Avery* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2010, 11:09 PM
Blackhawkswincup
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFatCat999 View Post

Hornqvist: Should jump to between 1.5-2.5 million

Like I said, this screams Chicago with Buff's 3 million dollar salary. OR the more insane deal: Sharp and Buff for Dumont, O'Reilly, Sulzer, and the 1st. Nashville get's quality, Chicago gets quantity it needs to buffer the salary cap. ......
Hornqvist should end up making 2.5-3 when looking at comparables around the league

Your deal makes no sense as Dumont would be a non-starter for us given his salary and the fact that our #1 and #2 RW's are Kane and Hossa ,,,,,, Dumont has no chance in hell of beating out either for a top 6 role

And I fail to see how a 4th line C and a #6 dman both of which we can match from our own system would be enticing

That 1st rounder is only thing interesting about that proposal

I wonder with Rinne firmly entrenched if this would be of interest to both teams

To Hawks
G Calvin Pickard
RW Zach Budish

To Preds
LW/RW Kris Versteeg

What do you think?

Blackhawkswincup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2010, 11:13 PM
Seth Lake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhawkswincup View Post
To Hawks
G Calvin Pickard
RW Zach Budish

To Preds
LW/RW Kris Versteeg

What do you think?
Agreed on your earlier points. However, on this...we have Chet Pickard, but Calvin is 2010 eligible and I just don't think Chicago unloads one of their forwards to Nashville and strengthen a divisional rival unless no other deal is available...

Old
06-19-2010, 11:13 PM
PredsV82
Puckaroni and cheese

Quote:
Hornqvist should end up making 2.5-3 when looking at comparables around the league

Your deal makes no sense as Dumont would be a non-starter for us given his salary and the fact that our #1 and #2 RW's are Kane and Hossa ,,,,,, Dumont has no chance in hell of beating out either for a top 6 role

And I fail to see how a 4th line C and a #6 dman both of which we can match from our own system would be enticing

That 1st rounder is only thing interesting about that proposal

I wonder with Rinne firmly entrenched if this would be of interest to both teams

To Hawks
G Calvin Pickard
RW Zach Budish

To Preds
LW/RW Kris Versteeg

What do you think?
his name is Chet Pickard, not Calvin.

doubt you'll get him from Poiles grasp.

Dont know whether we would let Budish go either, but maybe.

We'd be much more likely to let go some defensemen

how about Jon Blum and some assortment of draft picks?

PredsV82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2010, 11:22 PM
Icelevel
little bit better

I know it sounds risky, but you guys must be going after Marleau. He's the best guy out there, has the better hands poile is looking for, and fits on your roster nicely, no? He's a preds kind of player, right?

As a sens fan, he's the only guy i would be happy with replacing spezza, but i realize that's not going to happen.

It would seem, with the moves you've made so far that something else must be in place or close to it, but other than the risk is there any reason you wouldn't be going after marleau? Has anyone heard anything concerning him and nashville?

Icelevel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2010, 11:31 PM
Blackhawkswincup
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by PredsV82 View Post
his name is Chet Pickard, not Calvin.

doubt you'll get him from Poiles grasp.

Dont know whether we would let Budish go either, but maybe.

We'd be much more likely to let go some defensemen

how about Jon Blum and some assortment of draft picks?
Ooops ,,, Thought I was maybe off couldn't remember which one you drafted

I would love a player like Blum but our team is deep at D in system (Connelly , Lalonde , Olsen and Leddy)

Dont see the viability of another dman in our system

Although that cap hit is very tempting as it could offer us a great top 4 potential dman and help us with our cap situation

Old
06-19-2010, 11:34 PM
Blackhawkswincup
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLake View Post
Agreed on your earlier points. However, on this...we have Chet Pickard, but Calvin is 2010 eligible and I just don't think Chicago unloads one of their forwards to Nashville and strengthen a divisional rival unless no other deal is available...
I could see us moving Versteeg

It would be risky but I can see Steeger moved in division

Byfuglien and Sharp I dont see it happening unless the deal is too good to pass up (Or they are going to Blue Jackets,,,,,, I am not concerned with Jackets as I see Blues/Preds as bigger threats to us both short term and longterm)

Old
06-19-2010, 11:40 PM
Viqsi
carrying the flag

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Best WorstPoster View Post
I know it sounds risky, but you guys must be going after Marleau. He's the best guy out there, has the better hands poile is looking for, and fits on your roster nicely, no? He's a preds kind of player, right?

As a sens fan, he's the only guy i would be happy with replacing spezza, but i realize that's not going to happen.

It would seem, with the moves you've made so far that something else must be in place or close to it, but other than the risk is there any reason you wouldn't be going after marleau? Has anyone heard anything concerning him and nashville?
I think Marleau is unlikely simply because bidding wars aren't the sort of thing Poile is particularly fond of, and there's likely to be one for the only proven UFA #1 center this year...

Old
06-19-2010, 11:41 PM
Viqsi
carrying the flag

Quote:
I could see us moving Versteeg

It would be risky but I can see Steeger moved in division

Byfuglien and Sharp I dont see it happening unless the deal is too good to pass up (Or they are going to Blue Jackets,,,,,, I am not concerned with Jackets as I see Blues/Preds as bigger threats to us both short term and longterm)
...this despite the number of times we've unexpectedly beaten y'all in the last year or two...

Why does Columbus only care about Detroit, St. Louis, and Nashville? Because Chicago has been overrated as a threat to us so far. Hell, y'all even gave us the points to get into the playoffs for the first time.

Old
06-19-2010, 11:58 PM
Blackhawkswincup
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viqsi View Post
...this despite the number of times we've unexpectedly beaten y'all in the last year or two...

Why does Columbus only care about Detroit, St. Louis, and Nashville? Because Chicago has been overrated as a threat to us so far. Hell, y'all even gave us the points to get into the playoffs for the first time.
Hey the Blue Jackets changed the course of our entire year by finally ending Huet's time as #1 with that blowout and destruction in your building

For that I think we should give you at least a 2nd or a mid level prospect ,,,,, We might never have turned our season around was it not for that night

Old
06-20-2010, 12:04 AM
Seth Lake

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Best WorstPoster View Post

Would absolutely positively LOVE IT!!! But it's not gonna happen. The first players to have more than a $4.5 mil annual cap hit for the Predators will be guys drafted, developed, and blossomed in Nashville. Those guys are Shea Weber and Ryan Suter.

I'd love Nathan Horton from Florida. Signed through '12-13 at a $4 mil cap hit annually.

Old
06-20-2010, 12:10 AM
glenngineer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLake View Post
Would absolutely positively LOVE IT!!! But it's not gonna happen. The first players to have more than a $4.5 mil annual cap hit for the Predators will be guys drafted, developed, and blossomed in Nashville. Those guys are Shea Weber and Ryan Suter.

I'd love Nathan Horton from Florida. Signed through '12-13 at a $4 mil cap hit annually.
Good cap hit but his salary increases over the term of his deal so I don't know if the owners want to shell out money above what his cap hit will be.

glenngineer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2010, 12:21 AM
kivaerijo

ya, i am fine with those lines bigfatty. except the third. ward and goc at least have some offensive talent, and would rather see someone else in toots spot (boyd/spaling/thuresson). and that line could double as the shutdown line as well

also agree that dumont could very well get back to his previous years point totals getting more minutes. i know a lot have given up on him, but i havent, he still shows some desire out there, and i hope he finds it this year in one of the top lines. we need him to show back up.

and if things dont work out this year...maybe its the year we get that lottery pick...it would only make sense since next draft is suppose to be so horrendous..finely get a top 5 pick, and there is no one to pick.

kivaerijo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2010, 12:35 AM
Viqsi
carrying the flag

Quote:
Hey the Blue Jackets changed the course of our entire year by finally ending Huet's time as #1 with that blowout and destruction in your building

For that I think we should give you at least a 2nd or a mid level prospect ,,,,, We might never have turned our season around was it not for that night
Hjalmarsson's RFA rights?

In all seriousness, I'm not sure what Chicago's needs are outside of "cap space", so I couldn't realistically guess what would make a good trade between Chicago and Nashville.

Old
06-20-2010, 02:01 AM
dulzhok

Ironically, the Arnott signing in 2005 was the last time Poile added a proven roster player outside of a trade deadline rental (including both trade and FA). Unless you count the Greg Devries signing (the only other >1m addition to my recollection). There is also a slight chance we resign Grebeshov.

As to those bashing me that I don't expect Poile to add a proven scoringline player either through trade or FA... Well, the above is why I don't expect it to happen. I hope it does happen, but I'm not expecting it. Maybe if we move Dumont-- but I think Dumont is staying.

There aren't a lot of FA options, and there will be less once FA opens. Here is one decent option for us though-- Prospal. Not sure how much he would command, but I think he would fit it well and it'd be a short term commitment.

dulzhok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2010, 02:05 AM
FaceOfTheFranchise

I think a potential trade with Dallas would make sense. Ribiero might work...but what about James Neal? RFA this summer on a team loaded with forwards but lacking defense.

FaceOfTheFranchise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2010, 05:54 AM
goalscorer

Quote:
I would love a player like Blum but our team is deep at D in system(Connelly ,Lalonde , Olsen and Leddy)

Dont see the viability of another dman in our system
Made me laugh.

goalscorer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2010, 07:34 AM
Biggun35
Bender

Eklund thinks there is more to come and we know he is never wrong:

Eklund

Are the Nashville Predators About to Acquire the Rights of a Superstar? Hmmm. Stay Tuned..See you all in the AM

Eklund

I need another source, who will talk to me in mid-morning, but there appears to be some logic to this sell-off today.

Biggun35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2010, 08:34 AM
JohniusMaximus
Digging the Sarchasm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggun35 View Post
Eklund thinks there is more to come and we know he is never wrong:

Eklund

Are the Nashville Predators About to Acquire the Rights of a Superstar? Hmmm. Stay Tuned..See you all in the AM...
Eklund is Eklund. But at this point I'll freely admit reading that gave me a little shiver.

JohniusMaximus is offline   Reply With Quote