HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Where would we be right now?

Closed Thread

Old
03-21-2005, 01:31 AM
LoudmouthHemskyfan#1

vCash: 500
Where would we be right now?

We all know what time of the season it would normally be, so a simple, completely speculative guess......

Where are we right now if we're playing a full season? League position? Division? We got anyone on the scoring leaders list by some miracle? Be as speculative as you want (economic systems, trades, whatever)

I wanna know what kinda game reports I woulda been givin this year.

Old
03-21-2005, 01:47 PM
hossy316

Send a message via MSN to hossy316
IMO, we'd be battling for the last 2 spots with the likes of Calgary, Phoenix, LA, and Nashville.

Old
03-21-2005, 01:58 PM
igor*

I think that if Markannen and Conklin had carried on with their good play, and the best players had stayed healthy ... then probably on pace to make the playoffs pretty comfortably in spite of a terrible powerplay.

If Hemsky had stepped up his game ... maybe a bit better.

If the goaltending struggled a bit OR guys like Smyth, York or Smith got hurt ... then probably struggling to squeak into the playoffs.

If the goaltending struggled a bit AND guys like Smyth, York or Smith got hurt ... then probably well out of the playoff picture.

Just a hunch.

Old
03-21-2005, 03:55 PM
CantHaveTkachev
"McDavid show"Oct/15

vCash: 785
considering its March, we'd probably be unbeaten in 10 or something and in 7th place fighting with Calgary

other than that, I think Nashville, Phoenix, St. Louis and L.A would be fighting for that 8th position

Old
03-21-2005, 08:59 PM
Matts

In the sort of "I can't look away" vein

I was really interested to see how Cgy did this year. I still can't believe they were one shot away from winning the Cup. It still blows me way.

In any case they got even better when they picked up Langkow and Kipper is so good positionally and so bloody quick that his health will always make Calgary dangerous come playoff time.

Old
03-21-2005, 09:23 PM
igor*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matts
I was really interested to see how Cgy did this year. I still can't believe they were one shot away from winning the Cup. It still blows me way.

In any case they got even better when they picked up Langkow and Kipper is so good positionally and so bloody quick that his health will always make Calgary dangerous come playoff time.
Ya, the Langkow thing stung ... but they lost Conroy too, and he's a damn good hockey player IMO, though they added offense with DL without losing anything the other way. (BTW - if anyone can tell me WTH Gretz and Barnet are up to in the desert, please enlighten me, because for the life of me I can't see how anyone can deny the obvious train wreck ahead)

Boils down to Kipper an Iggy for those Flaming C guys. When neither were on the ice last year that team got there arse kicked Florada-style. And there are no reasons to believe that will change.

Let's not forget that the Flaming C's, less several fortunate bounces and a Mike Commodore goal, would have lost in the first round to a 4th seeded team without their 2nd best player. Let's not get carried away here. They had a nice run, college girls lifted there shirts to the delight of thousands of online pervs, and there was much rejoicing in the TOWN OF COWS ... but alas, their luck ran out. They'll be back though, mark my words ... 2020 baby! 2020!

And the internet will probably be 3D by then! ... stick around Matts.

Old
03-21-2005, 09:36 PM
SerbianEagle

We'd be in any of 5-6-7 slots with about a 8 point advantage over 9th place team.

Isbister would be about 20g and and 15 a for 35pts. Ryan would have about 20g and 25 a for 45 pts. Hemmer the leader with 19g and 30 a for 49 pts.

Conklin emerged as this teams #1 goalie, with a stellar .912 save percentage.

Old
03-22-2005, 06:31 AM
rabi_sultan

Send a message via ICQ to rabi_sultan Send a message via AIM to rabi_sultan Send a message via MSN to rabi_sultan Send a message via Yahoo to rabi_sultan
Quote:
Originally Posted by igor
And the internet will probably be 3D by then! ... stick around Matts.
interactive 3d hopefully

as for the season predictions i'm guessing that we would be sitting just outside the playoff positions at around 10th place. But there won't be much between 6-10 and the Oilers would be half way through their winning streak. But this time they'll squeak into 8th only to face Dallas in the playoffs

As for division its going to be a tough prediction of what 2-5 shapes up with Colorado far out in front. Interesting thing would be the Bertuzzi factor in Vancouver. I honestly think that he would miss the first half of the season and the Canucks won't be as good as they normally are without him. Don't get me wrong they are a very good team but without Bert its going to be tougher for them. I really see the gap between Vancouver, Calgary, Edmonton and Minnesota really close. Funnily enough every team in our own division has a huge question mark on them that this season would have answered.

Old
03-22-2005, 08:34 AM
Boilers*

Without knowing who we would've had for a #1 center I think it'd be too tough to tell. Although if we were in the tank by now there are those who would cheer the Oil demise to land ourselves Crosby. If we didn't have a real center I might just be one of them.

Old
03-22-2005, 09:48 AM
copperandblue

Quote:
Originally Posted by igor
though they added offense with DL without losing anything the other way.

Langkow cost them Saprykin and Gauthier.

Maybe these guys aren't corner stones but from what I recall Saprykin was a pretty decent player for the Flames in their run and say what you will about Gauthier, he was at the very least a safety net for the young'ns coming up. Over the course of a whole season, that can make a significant difference.

As for Kipper....I still say last season will prove to be a statistical anomolly and although he will be a decent starting goalie for the Flames, he won't carry the team in the same manner.

As for an Oiler prediction, with the assumption they aquired some resemblance of a first line center, I would say a solid 6th.

Last edited by copperandblue: 03-22-2005 at 10:21 AM.
Closed Thread