HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Contract for Hamhuis

Old
06-20-2010, 04:03 PM
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by captainpaxil View Post
yup. i see hamhouse as the scapegoat of our d for years to come
He is actually a pretty good defender... something Jones wasnt and never will be

sa cyred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2010, 04:14 PM
rockinghockey

It will be minimum of 5 years and as high as 7 years averaging out to 4mil a year. I am thinking 7 years for 28mil total. He will only be 35 so it will be ok.

rockinghockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2010, 04:18 PM
dulzhok

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillyFan4Ever View Post
This Year:

Outside of his nice hipchecks (maybe 10 a year?), I'd say he's not very physical. He can't really move people out of the crease effectively, and you won't see him throwing a lot of hard checks.

Some Preds fans will disagree with me, but he was not a great defender last year. Some say it was because he was was paired with Klein often, but he gets beat one-on-one A LOT, which has nothing to do with his partner. He was also the lead member of the 28th ranked PK.

He's good at transitioning the puck up ice, and he usually has good positioning. The baffling part is when he has good position, and still gets burnt by someone.

I am huge Timonen fan, and like Hartnell (most of the time), but I think you will be disappointed if you give Hamhuis 4.5m.

dulzhok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2010, 04:24 PM
decadentia

Quote:
Originally Posted by dulzhok View Post
Outside of his nice hipchecks (maybe 10 a year?), I'd say he's not very physical. He can't really move people out of the crease effectively, and you won't see him throwing a lot of hard checks.

Some Preds fans will disagree with me, but he was not a great defender last year. Some say it was because he was was paired with Klein often, but he gets beat one-on-one A LOT, which has nothing to do with his partner. He was also the lead member of the 28th ranked PK.

He's good at transitioning the puck up ice, and he usually has good positioning. The baffling part is when he has good position, and still gets burnt by someone.

I am huge Timonen fan, and like Hartnell (most of the time), but I think you will be disappointed if you give Hamhuis 4.5m.
Why is it before a player is traded/signed he's great, everyone wants him. I've checked on New Jerseys/Vancouvers board and others that were looking to sign him, he suddenly went from a solution to "well he's pretty overrated anyways". Even Jersey fans we're commenting on this about each other.

Honestly i'd like to see us sign him for 3.5-3.75 longterm, but he's a solid D-Man anyway you cut it. I understand he's not Chris Pronger, thankfully we already have one.

decadentia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2010, 04:34 PM
Flyerfan808

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuckles37 View Post
My guess is that he will want around $4.25 mil for 4-5 years
I have a feeling our canuck friend is right. I wouldn't faceplam if we did either. I think 4.5M is starting to push it though.

Flyerfan808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2010, 04:36 PM
dulzhok

Quote:
Originally Posted by decadentia View Post
Why is it before a player is traded/signed he's great, everyone wants him. I've checked on New Jerseys/Vancouvers board and others that were looking to sign him, he suddenly went from a solution to "well he's pretty overrated anyways". Even Jersey fans we're commenting on this about each other.

Honestly i'd like to see us sign him for 3.5-3.75 longterm, but he's a solid D-Man anyway you cut it. I understand he's not Chris Pronger, thankfully we already have one.
Well, I'm a Preds fan, and I've been suggesting trading him for over a year now for the previously listed reasons... take it for what you want.

I don't think you'll be able to sign him for 3.5m, mainly because there are only a couple of decent UFA dmen this year, and I think he'll take advantage of that and up his price.

dulzhok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2010, 04:43 PM
SolidSnakeUS

I guess all we can really do is wait for tomorrow to roll around to hear what he gets.

SolidSnakeUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2010, 05:49 PM
BringBackStevens

Depends on the length. From 3.75 to 4.5 cap hit. 3 to 6 year length

BringBackStevens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2010, 07:15 PM
PhillyFan4Ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by dulzhok View Post

he knows enough to do it in the playoffs..... and i think hes an upgrade to coburn/ carle/etc....

PhillyFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2010, 07:18 PM
Jester

Quote:
Originally Posted by decadentia View Post

Yeah, he's a good 2nd pairing guy... and that's not a bad thing at all. We had two top pairing guys and two guys that have looked messy when away from their top-pairing level partners. So, this should be an improvement.

Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2010, 07:20 PM
El Dandy*
...Menace To Society

vCash: 163
anything over 4.25 will really get me upset

El Dandy* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2010, 07:23 PM
FreshPerspective
We don't need one!

Please no NTC/NMC......I don't see him signing for less than 4M

FreshPerspective is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2010, 07:52 PM
Protest
C`est La Vie

8 years, $6M per and a NTC

Protest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2010, 07:56 PM
mm6492

Its Homer....14 years @ 6M/per

mm6492 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
2Claude2Giroux

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protest the Hero View Post
8 years, $6M per and a NTC
Then we can sign Carcillo to the same deal.

Everyone named Dan will want to come to the Flyers.

2Claude2Giroux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Amateur Hour

In terms of average salary, I don't think he'll really settle for under $4M, but I don't think he'll get $4.5M either. I'll go ahead and say 6 years/$25M ($4.167M average salary).

Amateur Hour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2010, 08:23 PM
TheDrizzle81

Send a message via AIM to TheDrizzle81
man i cant beleive Randy Jones's name was brought up in any way, so sad now

TheDrizzle81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2010, 08:39 PM
sweatypickle

as a UFA I expected 4.75-5.0 for 5 years... so 4.5 for 5 years seems sound...

sweatypickle is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2010, 08:56 PM
Mgkibbles

I'm really hoping he signs for 5 years at 3.5 - 4 million per, though I'd be somewhat ok with 4.5 per, but anything above 5 would be murderous with our looming cap problems.

Mgkibbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2010, 09:24 PM
RJ8812
Gunner Stahl #9

vCash: 769
ideally? 5 years @ $3.5m

realistically? 6 years @ $4.5m with atleast a NTC

RJ8812 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2010, 10:01 PM
Giroux tha Damaja

Send a message via AIM to Giroux tha Damaja
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Rainbow Express View Post
anything over 4.25 will really get me upset
This is how I feel about it too. He's a second pairing defenseman in a really weak market, so he is most likely going to get paid nearly first pairing money. It's not necessarily brutal for the team that signs him to overpay a bit if they really have a need there, but I think it would end up a mistake if Paul brings him in to replace someone, only to have to overpay because the market sucks.

Giroux tha Damaja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2010, 12:16 AM
BobbyClarkeFan16

Hamhuis made 2.5 million this past season. I really think that a 50 to 75% raise will be what it takes for him to sign on the dotted line. I'm going to go with 3.875 per year for 7 years. So, 27.125 million over seven years and there'll probably be a limited no trade clause given.

Once Hamhuis signs the contract, it'll be real interesting to see who goes from the current roster. It's pretty much down to Carle and Coburn and it'll depend on whether Holmgren can get Coburn signed. If he can't, then it'll be Coburn who gets shipped out. If Coburn is signed, then I can see Carle being added in a package for a combination of players and picks.

Gotta believe though that it's going to be Coburn being sent packing, especially if reports are true that there seems to be a real divide between what his agent thinks he's worth and what Holmgren thinks he's worth. Coburn is not a 3+ million a year defenseman and he seems to think he's worth that and then some. Send him packing if that's the case.....

BobbyClarkeFan16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2010, 01:44 AM
decadentia

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyClarkeFan16 View Post
Hamhuis made 2.5 million this past season. I really think that a 50 to 75% raise will be what it takes for him to sign on the dotted line. I'm going to go with 3.875 per year for 7 years. So, 27.125 million over seven years and there'll probably be a limited no trade clause given.

Once Hamhuis signs the contract, it'll be real interesting to see who goes from the current roster. It's pretty much down to Carle and Coburn and it'll depend on whether Holmgren can get Coburn signed. If he can't, then it'll be Coburn who gets shipped out. If Coburn is signed, then I can see Carle being added in a package for a combination of players and picks.

Gotta believe though that it's going to be Coburn being sent packing, especially if reports are true that there seems to be a real divide between what his agent thinks he's worth and what Holmgren thinks he's worth. Coburn is not a 3+ million a year defenseman and he seems to think he's worth that and then some. Send him packing if that's the case.....
I like this speculation actually, never thought about it this way. This technically could be used as a bargaining chip for Coburn to sign something "friendly". It's either he signs to something relatively accommodating, or we'd be forced to move him. I'd prefer this scenario to keeping Carle personally.

I personally would like to see more Coburn fistpumps.

Last edited by decadentia: 06-21-2010 at 02:18 AM.
decadentia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2010, 03:27 AM
Rick Deckard

From Bob McKenzie's Twitter
Quote:
Not sure, but I'm confident Hamhuis will get at least $4.5 million per year so something has to give.
I think that no defenseman known for his defensive ability first should earn more than Robyn Regehr does, so $4.020.000 should be the upper limit.

Rick Deckard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2010, 03:31 AM
CS
Bryzgalov's Blueline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Deckard View Post
From Bob McKenzie's Twitter

I think that no defenseman known for his defensive ability first should earn more than Robyn Regehr does, so $4.020.000 should be the upper limit.
I think the number of years are going to factor on this contract significantly. I think McKenzie could be hiking it just a bit.

CS is offline   Reply With Quote