HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Rink
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
The Rink For the not so ready for prime-time players, coaches, referees, and the people that have to live with them. Discuss experiences in local leagues, coaching tips, equipment, and training.

Pants

Old
06-21-2010, 12:53 AM
phillipmatchett

vCash: 500
Pants

Looking at buying some new hockey pants. I tried on NBH Vapor xxxx at my LHS but they didn't have the correct size. I got a pretty good idea of the fit though for being off by a size. I also tried on a pair of CCM V10 that I liked. Both last year models and they no longer have my size in the V10.

They recently got a new shipment from Bauer with the x-60 and a shipment from Easton but they didn't order any of their top tier pants. Still waiting on shipments from CCM and a few other brands. I'll likley end up buying online since the selection isn't huge but I'll probably wait at least until they get the rest of their shipments.

My main concerns are fit, style, and weight. I'm sure most high-end pants weight isn't an issue along with protection. I play in a non contact league so I'm not overly worried about the most protective pants and won't be getting in front of too many shots. ; )

One95, Bauer XXXX, CCM V10 are probably the three I'm looking at the most right now..

phillipmatchett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2010, 01:10 AM
Ani simov mal

Personally, I hate Bauer pants. I'd reccomend trying out Reeboks.

Ani simov mal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2010, 10:49 AM
The Benchwarmer

Well the Bauer pants I bought despite buying "the correct size" actually ended up being too small. XXX Lite.

Moved to Easton ST16 and love them, fit great, super comfortable, loads of protection. Does exactly what it says on the tin!

The Benchwarmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2010, 10:51 AM
Monsignor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingmanrob View Post
Moved to Easton ST16 and love them, fit great, super comfortable, loads of protection. Does exactly what it says on the tin!
Same here however I have not worn mine as of yet... will wear them tonight for the first time. Am coming off of CCM V06 pants. I switched for the added protection that the Easton S16's provide.

Monsignor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2010, 12:55 PM
MNWild9

I'm a bigger guy when i tried on a pair bauer XL they were a little tight but when i tried on a pair of RBks they were perfect and they have better padding

MNWild9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2010, 02:46 PM
phillipmatchett

I'll have to try on a few pairs of Reebok pants today if I get the time. For some reason I don't think my LHS carries much for Reebok. Hopefully they get a new shipment with some of their top end pants. My local SportsChek carries Reebok pants, but all low-mid range pants.

phillipmatchett is offline   Reply With Quote