HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Byfuglien/Ladd Available

Old
06-21-2010, 09:48 AM
alexstream

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolasprICE View Post
I like him but something tells me he's a head case and won't work-out in Montreal ....

I would like Sharp.

Plekanec
Gomez
Sharp
Eller

I say that's a pretty good team down the middle.
I'd play sharp at the wing with Plek and Camm... unless we lose Plek, Sharp would then be a decent center.

alexstream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2010, 09:50 AM
Canadian_Brewtality

pipe dream unfortunately

i think the habs are thinking salary cap and having another 4mill + player isnt on their agenda

Canadian_Brewtality is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2010, 09:50 AM
NLHabsFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary320 View Post
I think its more of a lack of size issue on our team, that makes us want him more.. than what his stats are. He's a big guy who can play too.. and he's not afraid to go to the net. Our top two lines lack an extra winger that can do that.. I mean we only have GIONTA who does it on a constant basis
Ya I agree with that, I also think he would be a good fit because I believe he plays on the Right side. That would be Gionta on one RW then Buff would play with Cammalleri. I would go with Pouliot on the LW with Gomez and Gionta than. I think all this depends on the re-signing of Plekanec though. If they don't get him re-signed than they should make a push for Sharp IMO.

NLHabsFan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2010, 09:51 AM
Montreal Typical

Overrated.

But 3M for a third liner who can somewhat fill in on the second line isn't too bad I guess. He does have some talent and great size.

Montreal Typical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2010, 09:54 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garry Valk View Post
Sergei K, Yanick Weber and a 2nd?

He's locked in, he's still young, he's huge, and he's coming into his prime.
They'll probably start out by asking for LeBlanc/Pacioretty and a 1st. Sergei K probably has little value to them other than a throw in.

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2010, 09:55 AM
LouisJCloutier

He's overated IMO.

Great playoff guy. But still, his best offensive season was 36 points 2 years ago. And you want that guy in our top 6 as a regular ?

As a third liner and if the price to have him isn't to steep I say yes.

Why not trade Sergei Kostitsyn + a draft pick.

They got a young cheap talented foward that could still overcome his personnality issue elsewhere + cap relief.

I don't think Chicago can expect more then that.

LouisJCloutier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2010, 09:55 AM
overlords
Global Moderator
Jack Arse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
They'll probably start out by asking for LeBlanc/Pacioretty and a 1st. Sergei K probably has little value to them other than a throw in.
they have no leverage to ask for that much, everyone knows they're cap ****ed and need to deal atleast 2 of their higher paid players.

overlords is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2010, 09:56 AM
Ginu

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolasprICE View Post
I like him but something tells me he's a head case and won't work-out in Montreal ....

I would like Sharp.

Plekanec
Gomez
Sharp
Eller

I say that's a pretty good team down the middle.
We wouldn't pick up Sharp to play him at 3rd line center. He'd be playing on the right wing on the top 2 lines.

Ginu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2010, 09:57 AM
NLHabsFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexstream View Post
I'd play sharp at the wing with Plek and Camm... unless we lose Plek, Sharp would then be a decent center.
I like the idea of going after Sharp if Plekanec leaves via FA. I think he would be a great fit because he plays both Center and RW. And I think the team is lacking down the right side. I also think he would help if the team decides to give Eller a chance on a scoring line. They could play Eller between Cammalleri on the left and Sharp on the right, with Sharp being able to move to C if Eller goes through slumps (which you can expect with a rookie).

Old
06-21-2010, 10:00 AM
neofury*

Quote:
Originally Posted by NLHabsFan View Post
My only problem is that he had the worst +/- on a stacked team, do you think that will improve playing for the Habs?
Yeah but how many of his many points were on the PP when compared with other players who had a fair % of their points 5 on 5?

neofury* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2010, 10:03 AM
alexstream

Quote:
I like the idea of going after Sharp if Plekanec leaves via FA. I think he would be a great fit because he plays both Center and RW. And I think the team is lacking down the right side. I also think he would help if the team decides to give Eller a chance on a scoring line. They could play Eller between Cammalleri on the left and Sharp on the right, with Sharp being able to move to C if Eller goes through slumps (which you can expect with a rookie).
omg!
if we don't re-sign Plek, I WANT sharp...
Camm - Eller - Sharp sounds unreal for a 2nd line!!

who's our 1st line LW?

(you see where I hold Pouliot and Kost in my "ranking")

Old
06-21-2010, 10:05 AM
couris

Eller is the biggest offensive center we've had in ages and people wants to put him on the wing

couris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2010, 10:08 AM
alexstream

Quote:
Originally Posted by couris View Post
Eller is the biggest offensive center we've had in ages and people wants to put him on the wing
well, it also happens that he might be the biggest offensive WINGER we've had in ages too.

but I do also see him ore at C than at the W whenever Gomez or Plek go.
or we can also copy boston meanwhile... their 3 offensive lines formula could be something to consider.

Old
06-21-2010, 10:08 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
they have no leverage to ask for that much, everyone knows they're cap ****ed and need to deal atleast 2 of their higher paid players.
They probably won't GET that much, but IMHO that's where they'll start. I think they have pretty good leverage considering how he played in the playoffs and they won the cup, I'm sure SOMEBODY will overpay given that plus his size.

I think he'll end up getting traded for a top 15 pick or a lower pick(16-30) plus a B prospect(Weber). The most I can see PG offering IF he thinks DB would fit on this team is Pacioretty and a 2nd or 3rd.

Old
06-21-2010, 10:09 AM
Habsfan18
Global Moderator
The Future

I would immediately offer Sergei Kostitsyn and Yannick Weber/Ben Maxwell. Although, I would imagine that they could get better offers.

Habsfan18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2010, 10:09 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by couris View Post
Robert Lang has been gone for ages??

Old
06-21-2010, 10:10 AM
couris

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
Robert Lang has been gone for ages??
are you serious?

couris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2010, 10:17 AM
NLHabsFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexstream View Post
omg!
if we don't re-sign Plek, I WANT sharp...
Camm - Eller - Sharp sounds unreal for a 2nd line!!

who's our 1st line LW?

(you see where I hold Pouliot and Kost in my "ranking")
If Pouliot improves his conditioning and strength over the summer like he said he would than I would give him another try with Gomez and Gionta. He did have a good stretch last season. But I think they should move A.Kost to free some cap space to improve bottom six and defence. Maybe move him for a prospect and pick. Something like sending him to Edmonton for Nash and 2nd Round Pick (Pred's).

Old
06-21-2010, 10:23 AM
alexstream

Quote:
If Pouliot improves his conditioning and strength over the summer like he said he would than I would give him another try with Gomez and Gionta. He did have a good stretch last season. But I think they should move A.Kost to free some cap space to improve bottom six and defence. Maybe move him for a prospect and pick. Something like sending him to Edmonton for Nash and 2nd Round Pick (Pred's).
Well, you know, people were blaming Gainey for errors/lameness made by the Houle administration (e.g. While Gainey made the playoffs 5/6 of the times, he got blamed for not passing the second round since 1993!)
So I also tend to suffer from that with Pouliot... Guillaume said he'd improve and never improved with us. So I don't trust Benoit when he's saying that since Guillaume lost my trust.

(nonsense!)

Old
06-21-2010, 10:25 AM
BLNY

Send a message via MSN to BLNY Send a message via Yahoo to BLNY
He's someone they could definitely peddle into some assets considering his solid playoff. Still, I don't see him being more than a 40-45 point man in the NHL. To me, that doesn't equate to three pieces in return, or a first and blue chip prospect.

SK is an RFA with serious issues. Sure, he's got history with Kane and Bolland. That isn't going to bring the Hawks to the table. If SK was a throw in, perhaps. He won't be the focal point of an offer though.

I'd consider our first and SK for Byfuglien and a conditional pick. If SK signs, it's a 5th/6th in the year of our choosing. If he walks, nothing.

BLNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2010, 10:32 AM
BLONG7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koseegin View Post
I know it's a player most people want...I think it be its own thread for fans to discuss because he's someone people really want.
Can he be convinced to play, playoff hockey during the regular season? His agent will get him a pile of money, based on his success in the playoffs....not sure if he plays well enough all season long, to deserve all the hype...

BLONG7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2010, 10:45 AM
RE-HABS

Byfuglien is a big boy, but to me isn't a top 6 guy. His salary of $3 million per is too much, considering he only averages 15-19 goals and 31-36 points per season over the past 3 years.

Habs would be better off getting a Sharp or Versteeg.

Sure Versteeg isn't 6'3" or 250 lbs, he is only 5'10" and 180, but he is a 24 year old coming into his own and has been a 20-22 goal scorer, with 44-52 points the past two seasons. I think he is going to breakout to be a top 6 guy, and probably a consistent 25 goal scorer with 60 point per season capability.

As for Sharp. Only 28, he is 6'1" and 200 lbs. Great two way player, can check the other teams top centre and is good faceoff guy and PK man too. Four stright seasons of 20+ goals, with the last three seasons ranging from 25-36 and his points over that span at 44-62 (two 60+ seasons). Sharp would be an instant leader on the team, addresses the top 6 and would compliment Cammarelli for years.

I pass on Big Buff and go hard for Sharp, and if I can't get Sharp I go for Versteeg.

RE-HABS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2010, 10:48 AM
RE-HABS

Quote:
Originally Posted by neofury View Post
Yeah but how many of his many points were on the PP when compared with other players who had a fair % of their points 5 on 5?
He had 11 PP points, 6 goals and 5 assists. He only scored 23 points even strength, he isn't worth that salary.

If wanted a big man I would rather Penner.

RE-HABS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2010, 10:50 AM
Komarov47

I'm afraid Byfu is overrated. He played with Kane & Toews, two of the best palyers in NHL, don't know how he would looks with Gomez or Pouliot...

Komarov47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2010, 11:24 AM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Big Bear View Post
I'm afraid Byfu is overrated. He played with Kane & Toews, two of the best palyers in NHL, don't know how he would looks with Gomez or Pouliot...
I also think he is a little overrated but imagine how much space this guy would create on the ice,a type of player this team needs.Perfect IMO on a line with Pleks and Cammalleri

Habs 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote