HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Top 5 Ranger Assets Most Likely to Be Traded

Old
06-21-2010, 12:33 PM
FOXHOUND*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyGuy1985 View Post
If McDonagh doesnt sign he is a piece that could be included. Unfortunately I see Dubinsky going the other way somehow. I dont wanna give up Kreider or Stepan or Grachev. They al have higher upside than Dubinsky, the thing is, we have yet to see them.
Mcdonaugh or Dubinsky would very likely have to be causalties but I think that's a risk worth taking for spezza. Just my opinion though.

FOXHOUND* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2010, 01:06 PM
Blueblood 2

No to Spezza. He is overpaid and we can't afford to do that again.

Blueblood 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2010, 01:10 PM
FOXHOUND*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueblood 2 View Post
No to Spezza. He is overpaid and we can't afford to do that again.
I don't want to get into a pissing match over spezza, but the guy has 475 points in 464 games, 46 points in 46 playoff games, is 27 and desperatley fills a rather sizable void on this team.

That's overpaid?

Old
06-21-2010, 01:15 PM
HockeyGuy1985*

Someone with a bit more credible history than Kovalchuk for much less, youd think people wanted that instead.

HockeyGuy1985* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2010, 01:16 PM
RangerFan10

Send a message via AIM to RangerFan10
I don't think you're going to see a lot of movement from us this off-season. The biggest thing we may be a part of is a deal for a RFA like Johnny Boychuk OR a guy like Nathan Horton or Blake Wheeler. Other than that, guys like Willie Mitchell, Pavol Demitra, and Vinny Prospal are coming in as stop-gap players on 1-2 year deals.

RangerFan10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2010, 01:21 PM
FOXHOUND*

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerFan10 View Post
I don't think you're going to see a lot of movement from us this off-season. The biggest thing we may be a part of is a deal for a RFA like Johnny Boychuk OR a guy like Nathan Horton or Blake Wheeler. Other than that, guys like Willie Mitchell, Pavol Demitra, and Vinny Prospal are coming in as stop-gap players on 1-2 year deals.
Boychuk is UFA

Old
06-21-2010, 02:09 PM
hpNYR
HF Forecaster

I see the Rozsival stupidity continues. If you are to trade Rzosival you want talent of equal value, of equal arsenal back. Otherwise it's going to be a looong, looong season with a hole like that.

I don't think Rozsival goes anywhere. He was Torts go to guy as the season porgressed. Torts gave him the "A" due to an injury to Prospal. I'm sure he wants him back to play a leadership role on the backend.

hpNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2010, 02:16 PM
FOXHOUND*

Quote:
Originally Posted by hpNYR View Post
I see the Rozsival stupidity continues. If you are to trade Rzosival you want talent of equal value, of equal arsenal back. Otherwise it's going to be a looong, looong season with a hole like that.

I don't think Rozsival goes anywhere. He was Torts go to guy as the season porgressed. Torts gave him the "A" due to an injury to Prospal. I'm sure he wants him back to play a leadership role on the backend.
He has value. If the right deal cam along they wouldn't think twice about trading him

Old
06-21-2010, 02:19 PM
NYRangers4Life1994

Send a message via AIM to NYRangers4Life1994 Send a message via MSN to NYRangers4Life1994
Girardi isnt going anywhere as Sather has said he is a "core player".

Redden is the most movable player.
Dubisnky is the less movable but isnt untouchable.

I dont see any one else we can move as we only have 15 players signed.

NYRangers4Life1994 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2010, 02:22 PM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRangers4Life1994 View Post

How is Redden movable?

06-21-2010, 02:23 PM
GaborikEqualsGod1995*

Quote:

Lundqvist is the least movable. After that, only Staal and Gaborik and the prospects. Everyone else is buh-bye for a good package. Even Callahan and Dubinsky(oh noes!).

GaborikEqualsGod1995* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2010, 02:26 PM
hpNYR
HF Forecaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by FOXHOUND View Post
He has value. If the right deal cam along they wouldn't think twice about trading him
No team is going to offer you prominent youth for Rozsival to make you not think twice for trading him. You'll see offers like Souray for Rozsy which is foolish on our end; unless he's used in some sort of package of a bigger deal.

Speaking of which. The Souray rumors to the Rangers have resurfaced, and I hope to God....even though it's doubtful, Redden is going the other way.

hpNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2010, 02:26 PM
NYRangers4Life1994

Send a message via AIM to NYRangers4Life1994 Send a message via MSN to NYRangers4Life1994
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cally Is Overrated View Post
Lundqvist is the least movable. After that, only Staal and Gaborik and the prospects. Everyone else is buh-bye for a good package. Even Callahan and Dubinsky(oh noes!).
I didnt name Lundqvist because he is untouchable. He is in a different category then Dubi and Redden..

Old
06-21-2010, 02:27 PM
NYRangers4Life1994

Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway View Post
How is Redden movable?
How is he not? Hes been on trade block all season long.

Old
06-21-2010, 02:30 PM
FOXHOUND*

Quote:
How is he not? Hes been on trade block all season long.
Just becuase te rangers want to move him doesn't mean a team wants to take him. And no team wants to take redden and his contract. There's a difference.

Old
06-21-2010, 02:31 PM
NYRangers4Life1994

Quote:
Just becuase te rangers want to move him doesn't mean a team wants to take him. And no team wants to take redden and his contract. There's a difference.
Dude, read what I said... All i said was he is the most movable..meaning he is the player we want to move the most.

Old
06-21-2010, 02:34 PM
JimmyStart*

Quote:
I don't want to get into a pissing match over spezza, but the guy has 475 points in 464 games, 46 points in 46 playoff games, is 27 and desperatley fills a rather sizable void on this team.

That's overpaid?
I wouldn't say he's overpaid but his performance seems to be very inconsistent lately. He had I think his lowest point production over the course of a season since his rookie year last year. Alf is getting older though and he lost Heatley so maybe it was just a lack of quality linemates. Still seems like a warning flag he may be waning. If he turns around and plays this whole season the way he did the end of last season his value would shoot right back up.

JimmyStart* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2010, 02:38 PM
FOXHOUND*

Quote:
Dude, read what I said... All i said was he is the most movable..meaning he is the player we want to move the most.
And that's not what moveable means. Moveable means "can be moved". Since redden can't be moved he is "immovable". He might be the player we want to get rid of the most but doesn't mean moveable at all. Hence when singing blues questioned what you wrote.

Old
06-21-2010, 02:41 PM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Wanting to move and moveable are not synonymous.

SingnBluesOnBroadway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2010, 02:50 PM
BrooklynRangersFan
Change is good.

Quote:
Quote:
And that's not what moveable means. Moveable means "can be moved". Since redden can't be moved he is "immovable". He might be the player we want to get rid of the most but doesn't mean moveable at all. Hence when singing blues questioned what you wrote.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway View Post
Wanting to move and moveable are not synonymous.
Gotta agree, NYRangers4Life1994 - you meant most available, not most movable.

BrooklynRangersFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2010, 02:58 PM
NYRangers4Life1994

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynRangersFan View Post
Gotta agree, NYRangers4Life1994 - you meant most available, not most movable.
Yes, poor choice of words on me but is exactly what I meant.

Old
06-21-2010, 03:03 PM
xxxZENxxx

Quote:
Originally Posted by hpNYR View Post

If the Rangers could get anything for Rozy and get his ridiculous salary off the books, they would. They are not, I repeat not looking for equal value. While I do agree that he succeeded the second half of last season, he is still grossly overpaid and clogging up their salary structure. Not close to as much as Redden, but clogging it up nonetheless. Oh, and Rozy as a leader??? The guy is softer than Charmin toilet paper and possesses zero leadership characteristics. He is a DUD!!!!!!!

xxxZENxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2010, 03:08 PM
BrooklynRangersFan
Change is good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxxZENxxx View Post
If the Rangers could get anything for Rozy and get his ridiculous salary off the books, they would. They are not, I repeat not looking for equal value. While I do agree that he succeeded the second half of last season, he is still grossly overpaid and clogging up their salary structure. Not close to as much as Redden, but clogging it up nonetheless. Oh, and Rozy as a leader??? The guy is softer than Charmin toilet paper and possesses zero leadership characteristics. He is a DUD!!!!!!!
I'm sorry, but a couple of bad periods coming off of injuries aside, Rozsie's skill and his importance to the team are vastly underrated by many around here. In a related matter, the "ridiculousness" of his contract (which has a cap hit of $5MM per year, but a real cash cost of only $3.5MM per year) is vastly OVERrated, generally by the same people.

BrooklynRangersFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2010, 03:31 PM
Bleed Ranger Blue

Quote:

That's overpaid?
People are flipping about about overpaying Kovalchuk, but then theres ideas like this where we'd be giving up our best young homegrown forward, and a very good defensive prospect (plus more, probably) to get Jason Spezza and his 7 million dollar+ caphit? its madness.

Bleed Ranger Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2010, 03:31 PM
Melrose_Jr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxxZENxxx View Post
Honestly, I prefer Rozsival over Girardi, not that either of them are on my short list of ideal NHL defensemen.

Rozsival's actual salary is appealing to cash poor teams that are not close to the cap. Not appealing enough to part with a real prize, but you might score a better player with a back-loaded contract and a higher actual salary.

Melrose_Jr. is offline   Reply With Quote