HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Kazan Eliminated

Closed Thread

Old
03-22-2005, 03:22 PM
WFHACommish

vCash: 500
Kazan Eliminated

If the NYR can't do it, what made Kazan think they could do it?

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story.asp?id=119209

Maybe it was poor coaching? Brathwaite over Khabibulin....

Old
03-22-2005, 04:00 PM
Digger12

I think it's safe to say you can scratch Kazan off the list of places that NHLers will be flocking to next season if this lockout's still going on. I don't think you'll see them throwing around money like that again, not with those kind of results.

In other new, we should never have given up on Marc Lamothe. :lol

Old
03-22-2005, 04:25 PM
kerrly

Send a message via MSN to kerrly
I also heard the reason they did spend so much, was to try and get a league title to celebrate the City's #??? birthday (or some other thing worth celebrating, can't quite remember the exact reasoning). Ak Bars Kazan will not lose upwards of $60m again for no reason. It was a one-time thing and with a building that holds 3,500 fans and the average ticket price of a whopping $5, it doesn't take more than a 3rd grader to figure out the economics of this situation.

Old
03-22-2005, 04:44 PM
CPFC

$60m is peanuts for the oil company (Tatneft) that owns Ak Bars. If the lock-out keeps on going, I think Kazan will splash out similar amount of money next season.

Old
03-22-2005, 05:40 PM
Hemsky4PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GCZ
$60m is peanuts for the oil company (Tatneft) that owns Ak Bars. If the lock-out keeps on going, I think Kazan will splash out similar amount of money next season.
I doubt it. The star power of some of the guys on that team has bottomed out playing over there. When you bring in Richards and Lecavalier, who were Stanley Cup champs and two of the "best" players in the NHL and they fail to produce, the names carry a little less weight. I'm sure they'll dole out big money, but noone will be seeing 300K a month again. Maybe 100K.

Old
03-22-2005, 05:53 PM
Tricolore#20
PK PK PK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemsky4PM
I doubt it. The star power of some of the guys on that team has bottomed out playing over there. When you bring in Richards and Lecavalier, who were Stanley Cup champs and two of the "best" players in the NHL and they fail to produce, the names carry a little less weight. I'm sure they'll dole out big money, but noone will be seeing 300K a month again. Maybe 100K.
Agreed. What a waste of money, to celebrate the city's 1000th year. Could you imagine if there was a season this year, if the Oilers' owners doled out that kind of money, to try and win a Cup in the centennial year?

Oh yeah, and Hemsky4PM, you got yourself a radio gig for tonight? I look forward to hearing On the Bench tonight man, best of luck.

Closed Thread