HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Rangers sign Ryan McDonagh-3 year ELC

Old
06-21-2010, 09:01 PM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

vCash: 500
Rangers sign Ryan McDonagh-3 year ELC

Quote:
On another personnel front, senior-to-be Ryan McDonagh will join Stepan in the Rangers' prospects camp this week, a critical step in determining where McDonagh will be playing next season.

If McDonagh likes what he hears from New York officials, it's expected the standout defenseman will sign, becoming the fourth underclassmen to leave the Badgers for the pros since April.

If McDonagh doesn't get the proper vibes/assurances, it's expected he will return for his senior season and captain the Badgers.
http://host.madison.com/sports/colle...cc4c03286.html

Well the Rangers feel McDonagh is ready for pro hockey. Gordie Clark has said it. Glen Sather has said he wants to sign McDonagh and have him earn a spot on the team. Brendan Smith and Cody Goloubef are expected to begin their pro careers in the AHL.

Derek Stepan decided to forego his last two years of college hockey to turn pro. He liked what he heard from the Rangers. He understands he will play in the AHL if he doesn't make the Rangers.

Prospects camp starts next Monday. It's always the Monday after the draft.

Last edited by Trxjw: 07-06-2010 at 05:19 PM.
RangerBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2010, 09:04 PM
NYRangers4Life1994

Send a message via AIM to NYRangers4Life1994 Send a message via MSN to NYRangers4Life1994
Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
http://host.madison.com/sports/colle...cc4c03286.html

Well the Rangers feel McDonagh is ready for pro hockey. Gordie Clark has said it. Glen Sather has said he wants to sign McDonagh and him earn a spot on the team. Brendan Smith and Cody Goloubef are expected to begin their pro careers in the AHL.

Derek Stepan decided to forego his last two years of college hockey to turn pro. He liked what he heard from the Rangers. He understands he will play in the AHL if he doesn't make the Rangers.
Wish we had Smith and Goloubef...

anyway, I really hope he likes what he sees/hears from the Rangers organization. We will look like fools(from the trade) if we dont sign this kid.

NYRangers4Life1994 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2010, 09:06 PM
17futurecap

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRangers4Life1994 View Post

anyway, I really hope he likes what he sees/hears from the Rangers organization. We will look like fools(from the trade) if we dont sign this kid.
We will look like fools for getting rid of Gomez, and being able to sign Gaborik?

17futurecap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2010, 09:08 PM
NYRangers4Life1994

Send a message via AIM to NYRangers4Life1994 Send a message via MSN to NYRangers4Life1994
Quote:
Originally Posted by 17futurecap View Post
We will look like fools for getting rid of Gomez, and being able to sign Gaborik?
No but the key player in the deal WAS McDonagh. was it not? You really think Higgins was the main reason why we traded Gomez? Aside from Gomez' salary, Ryan was a reason we moved Gomer.

Old
06-21-2010, 09:08 PM
FOXHOUND*

I'd trade him if he doesn't sign. If he doesn't like the vibes he's getting now he's not gonna like them in a year, and Im not sure i'd like him after a year of playing on a go-nowhere hockey club.

FOXHOUND* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2010, 09:09 PM
I Am Chariot
One shift at a time

Quote:
We will look like fools(from the trade) if we dont sign this kid.
No we won't. Gomez was traded to make space for Gaborik. It WAS ALL ABOUT DUMPING GOMEZ and his cap hit. Everything else was gravy.

Why Montreal ever threw this kid in to the mix is still baffling, but Sather made a nice move for his team regardless of what happens.

Lets see what he's got. Kid will have every opportunity show his stuff. If he's ready let him ride. If not, what are you going to do? Some of the comments coming from Wisconsin are pretty down on the Rangers. Not sure I'd want our prospect in that environment if he has a future with NY

Last edited by I Am Chariot: 06-21-2010 at 09:15 PM.
I Am Chariot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2010, 09:10 PM
17futurecap

Quote:
No but the key player in the deal WAS McDonagh. was it not? You really think Higgins was the main reason why we traded Gomez? Aside from Gomez' salary, Ryan was a reason we moved Gomer.
Honestly I thought it was just a straight salary dump to get rid of Gomez to be in play on July 1, I was kind of stunned we got a big prospect back.

Old
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Quote:

Smith is a knucklehead. He got arrested for disorderly conduct after signing his ELC. House party incident.

Quote:
Smith, 21, is accused of punching a man multiple times in the face. According to the criminal complaint, Smith said the man and his friend were trying to force their way into the house.
Quote:
Smith's maturity and character have come into question after his involvement in at least four alcohol-related incidents during his three years at Wisconsin.
http://www.mlive.com/redwings/index....k_to_pros.html

Kenny Holland isn't happy.

The Rangers have Goloubefs in their system. Nothing special there.

Old
NYRangers4Life1994

Alright..

well who thinks he will sign? Im in the middle about it really.

Old
06-21-2010, 09:11 PM
FOXHOUND*

It was heavily rumored that McDonaugh was coveted by Murray and was going to be a piece we flipped for Heatley, before Murray got greedy.

Old
06-21-2010, 09:12 PM
NYRangers4Life1994

Quote:
Smith is a knucklehead. He got arrested for disorderly conduct after signing his ELC.

Goloubef wont be special but will be a solid D-man. 35 point guy I'd say.

Old
06-21-2010, 09:13 PM
17futurecap

Quote:
Alright..

well who thinks he will sign? Im in the middle about it really.

I think he will sign, he will get a nice contract, and have a great chance to make this team.

Old
06-21-2010, 09:14 PM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Quote:
Originally Posted by FOXHOUND View Post
It was heavily rumored that McDonaugh was coveted by Murray and was going to be a piece we flipped for Heatley, before Murray got greedy.
Rumored by who?The Hockeybuzz guy who covered the Sens. Real credible.

The Devils are trading Brodeur and Spezza just got traded to Ottawa. Yes. No. Maybe.

Old
06-21-2010, 09:15 PM
Trxjw
Retired.

Ugh. I keep getting the "sense of entitlement" vibe. I really hope he's not looking for a guaranteed spot or something.

Probably reading too much into it, but I'm not sure what the Rangers would tell him that could "entice" him.

"Win a spot, and stay up with the Rangers. Need some seasoning, spend some time in Hartford."

Where's the wiggle room?

Trxjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2010, 09:17 PM
FOXHOUND*

Quote:
Rumored by who?The Hockeybuzz guy who covered the Sens. Real credible.
I'm pretty sure I read that somewhere that part of the gomez deal was getting a piece that Murray wanted, and that being McDonaugh. I don't read any of the other writers on hockeybuzz except for eklund for the lolz. What the hell does it matter now anyways? Calm down and get over yourself, no reason to attack me.

Old
06-21-2010, 09:17 PM
17futurecap

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trxjw View Post
Ugh. I keep getting the "sense of entitlement" vibe. I really hope he's not looking for a guaranteed spot or something.

Probably reading too much into it, but I'm not sure what the Rangers would tell him that could "entice" him.

"Win a spot, and stay up with the Rangers. Need some seasoning, spend some time in Hartford."

Where's the wiggle room?
This is what Sather should tell him, you come in to camp in the best shape of your life, and get a spot, or you can he in Hartford with your boy Stepan, and it will be like Wisconsin again

Old
06-21-2010, 09:22 PM
z1co80
The Incredible Hank

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trxjw View Post

Where's the wiggle room?

Its kind of strange

I am feeling the same although i think i might be jumping to conclusions something about this is weird to me.

z1co80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2010, 09:33 PM
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK

You gotta EARN it, kid.

SupersonicMonkey* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2010, 09:34 PM
LyNX27

Quote:
Smith is a knucklehead. He got arrested for disorderly conduct after signing his ELC. House party incident.

Going to UW-Madison and down to campus i can't throw a rock in any direction with out hitting 3 kids with 2 disorderly conducts a piece... And as much as this might sound funny and an exaggeration it really is not.

LyNX27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2010, 09:35 PM
GAGLine

Quote:
Originally Posted by rangersfan30 View Post
Its kind of strange

I am feeling the same although i think i might be jumping to conclusions something about this is weird to me.
He hasn't had a chance to really see what the Rangers are all about. I don't blame him for wanting to take time to make his decision. Once he signs, there's no going back.

I think once he gets to prospect camp and sees the opportunity he has here, he'll sign.

GAGLine is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2010, 09:35 PM
LyNX27

I think he's understanding that he's got to earn it but he probably feels that if he doesn't its not like his options are limited.

That being said I REALLY hope he makes the team.

Old
06-21-2010, 09:38 PM
RangerFan10

Send a message via AIM to RangerFan10
I just get the feeling he's really up in the air about what to do and he realizes he's at a crossroads right now. Maybe it's wishful thinking, but I don't really get the sense that he's arrogant enough to think he's entitled to it. I just think he doesn't want to make a mistake, even though I think everyone outside of his situation would agree returning to Wisconsin next season is probably the real mistake to be made.

RangerFan10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2010, 09:39 PM
BringBackLibertys

Maybe he is hoping Sather promises him the first few games of the season to prove himself? Who knows, it just doesn't sound right to me. The kid wants what assurances, play well, your in NY, don't your in Hartford, either way you are on an original 6 club making some of the best money in the league (who overpays like we do?? LOL). I say promise him the moon, if he flops, we can send him down and pair him with Gilroy, right?

Orlando

BringBackLibertys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2010, 09:40 PM
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK

Valentenko is quickly climbing up the depth chart.

Big, mean, and already a Pro.

McDonagh is going to have to forget this sense of entitlement and go into prospect camp looking to EARN things.

Because if not, I'm calling it now, Valentenko will take that roster spot and not look back. And McDonagh can go be a baby in Wisconsin.

Again... You have to EARN it kid.

SupersonicMonkey* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2010, 09:42 PM
LyNX27

Quote:
Originally Posted by SupersonicMonkey View Post
Valentenko is quickly climbing up the depth chart.

Big, mean, and already a Pro.

McDonagh is going to have to forget this sense of entitlement and go into prospect camp looking to EARN things.

Because if not, I'm calling it now, Valentenko will take that roster spot and not look back. And McDonagh can go be a baby in Wisconsin.

Again... You have to EARN it kid.
McDonagh has wayyyyyy too much talent and strength to lose straight up to Valentenko without having the flu and just not wanting to try...