HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Florida Panthers
Notices

Frolik projections for 2010-2011

Old
06-16-2010, 12:14 PM
smitty10

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by phil725 View Post
I don't think their is an asset of TO that would bring over Frolik... Realistically.... something like Kadri + and high pick.

Frolik is 21 and has two years of 20+ goals on a bad team. His stock is really high and he 's so young... To put a number on his overall point cap would be a little early.... he might only be a 50 point guy... chances are he will be a lot better than that..... His cap hit is something around 1.3 million.. He's staying in Florida.. Homegrown... WE GOTTA KEEP OUR PICKS.
Kadri + a high pick? I like Frolik a lot, but he is not worth that much. Kadri was picked 7th overall just last year and is considered a top prospect. Frolik is still very young with a ton of potential, but he is not worth a top 10 pick + another first rounder...

smitty10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2010, 01:18 PM
Hip to be Square

Quote:
Originally Posted by smitty10 View Post
I would love to have Frolik on the Leafs. I think this kid will be a 75-80 point player in his prime. What would the Leafs have to give to get him?
How 'bout a couple 1st-rounders. You guys seem to toss those in deals like they're candy.

Hip to be Square is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2010, 03:01 PM
Markstrom Rules
Sup

Quote:
Kadri + a high pick? I like Frolik a lot, but he is not worth that much. Kadri was picked 7th overall just last year and is considered a top prospect. Frolik is still very young with a ton of potential, but he is not worth a top 10 pick + another first rounder...
There you go. Prospect=unproven. For the Panthers to move Frolik for Kadri straight up would be a terrible trade.

Markstrom Rules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2010, 06:10 PM
bishop12
Ovyously

Kadri might be good, but he's another Toronto hype machine product. I remember when Wellwood showed glimpses, they were gooing over all him up there.

bishop12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2010, 06:30 PM
LuckyLuke87

Quote:
Originally Posted by mind_the_gap View Post
Kadri might be good, but he's another Toronto hype machine product. I remember when Wellwood showed glimpses, they were gooing over all him up there.
Exactly If Kadri weren't TOR's prospect, his "value" would be lower...it's typical hype every TOR's prospect gets at these boards. And yeah, Frolik for Kadri would be terrible deal.

LuckyLuke87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2010, 12:49 AM
phil725

Quote:
Olesz went 7th overall is doesn't mean anything. High pick yes... higher chance for success.. yes.... but no Florida players on this roster has as many goals in his first two years except nathan... who just so happens to have the exact same amount as Frolik. (42)

Frolik's value is significantly higher than Kadri's just because he's proven he's NHL worthy.

phil725 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2010, 07:58 AM
305Pantera

Frolik > Kadri. Simply put he's proven! I really liked his play when PDB was threatening to send him down to the AHL. I also believe him to be fairly durable after taking that head hunting elbow from Green, which got him (Green) suspended for a couple of games, and getting up right away. I think it's safe to say Frolik is probably one of those guys who looks to be untouchable.

305Pantera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2010, 08:58 AM
thrillhous

Quote:
Yes, being picked 7th overall makes Kadri way more likely to succeed than Frolik who was a lowly 10th overall.

thrillhous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2010, 08:35 PM
Beezer
I'm Da Better Goalie

All Frolik has done after two seasons here is proven he's capable enough which has made Horton expendible. So if we are trading Horton it's highly unlikely that Frolik will be traded as well.

Beezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2010, 08:40 PM
Beezer
I'm Da Better Goalie

Quote:
And btw, Frolik was considered the top overall prospect in the draft till he went on a slump the last 8months leading up to the draft. So Florida really got a steal getting him with the 10th pick.

Beezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2010, 01:26 AM
phil725

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beezer View Post
And btw, Frolik was considered the top overall prospect in the draft till he went on a slump the last 8months leading up to the draft. So Florida really got a steal getting him with the 10th pick.
If we do trade Horton and the 3rd overall to the B's for the 2nd pick, I would like that our team is set up well down the middle. It could open up the option of attracting a winger like Kovy but I am sure he wants to go to a proven winner... however... with that said.. we'd look like this

Booth-Weiss-Stillman
Frolik-Seguin-Olesz
Dvorak-Matthias-Repik
Bitz-Reinprecht-Oreskovich

We still look immensely terrible.

But Frolik and Seguin were to blossom in the next two years together.....figners crossed... that means we'd finally have to top lines.... I know I am going way out on a limb here but this ain't terrible... Or we of course could keep horton and our third overall.. draft connolly and still be in good shape.

This of course is with who we already have signed through next year....campbell,mcardle are likely to see some interest from tallon.

I hate how we'd look. But then again.. we suck now to.

Old
06-21-2010, 06:55 AM
Boooooth10

^^^ Man I'd feel bad for Seguin if he had to play with Olesz.

Boooooth10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2010, 09:54 AM
RainingRats

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beezer View Post
All Frolik has done after two seasons here is proven he's capable enough which has made Horton expendible. So if we are trading Horton it's highly unlikely that Frolik will be traded as well.
Frolik hasn't made Horton expendable.

RainingRats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2010, 11:45 AM
phil725

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boooooth10 View Post
^^^ Man I'd feel bad for Seguin if he had to play with Olesz.
But I guess we need to realize that we are going to be a below average team this year unless by some miracle we get some solid players

Old
06-21-2010, 11:29 PM
zetterberg40

Send a message via AIM to zetterberg40
Frolik will hit over 60 pts next year... Loui Eriksson like breakout year where he's awesome but no one talks about him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainingRats View Post
Frolik hasn't made Horton expendable.
No, Horton did that himself. H'es been brutal and your team deserves better.

zetterberg40 is offline   Reply With Quote