HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Proposal: Timonen for Semin

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
06-21-2010, 11:47 PM
  #26
dawkins121
Registered User
 
dawkins121's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Philadelphia
Country: United States
Posts: 2,411
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Shafer View Post
Quick question.

If Timonen didn't have a clause, would you consider moving him + a little something extra for Ryan?

Gagne - Richards - Ryan
Hartnell - Briere - Leino
vanRiemsdyk - Carter - Giroux
Powe - Betts - Laperriere

Pronger - Carle
Hamhuis - Coburn
Bartulis - Lehtivuori

It's not like I'm speculating that it could happen, but would you do it?
This is something I probably wouldn't be able to make a decision on until we knew what our goalie situation looked like. If we had someone reliable in there then yeah I think moving Kimmo + for Ryan would be a solid move, but if we have another Leighton/Boucher/Emery/Ellis stopgap or an unproven commodity like Bernier/Enroth/Schneider or whoever then I want to keep the strong defense together.

On the other hand since Ryan won't be signed to as big a cap hit as Kimmo we could use the extra $ to actually get a legit goalie, and that forward corps is absolutely unfair. Trading a 35 year old for a 23 year old stud also has it's appeal.

If push came to shove then yeah I think I pull the trigger on this. Looking at those forwards is just too tempting.

dawkins121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2010, 11:53 PM
  #27
CS
Bryzgalov's Blueline
 
CS's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Lumberton, NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 14,003
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dawkins121 View Post
This is something I probably wouldn't be able to make a decision on until we knew what our goalie situation looked like. If we had someone reliable in there then yeah I think moving Kimmo + for Ryan would be a solid move, but if we have another Leighton/Boucher/Emery/Ellis stopgap or an unproven commodity like Bernier/Enroth/Schneider or whoever then I want to keep the strong defense together.

On the other hand since Ryan won't be signed to as big a cap hit as Kimmo we could use the extra $ to actually get a legit goalie, and that forward corps is absolutely unfair. Trading a 35 year old for a 23 year old stud also has it's appeal.

If push came to shove then yeah I think I pull the trigger on this. Looking at those forwards is just too tempting.
Have to admit, that was why I thought it was tempting. Having that forward core is just that...unfair. The least capable in our top nine might be a former 2nd overall pick...

CS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2010, 12:10 AM
  #28
XS Chop
Registered User
 
XS Chop's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Maple Shade, NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 506
vCash: 500
I don't understand how anyone could want to move Timonen. Without the ability to have one of Timonen or Pronger on the ice damn near ever minute of every game we wouldn't have made the playoffs, let alone game 6 of the finals. In the unlikely event that we get a goalie almost guaranteed to steal us games in the playoffs I would maybe think about dealing Kimmo. Until then, no way.

XS Chop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2010, 11:37 AM
  #29
FlyLife
Nuthin but a G Thang
 
FlyLife's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Livin the High Life
Country: United States
Posts: 2,365
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyersCup08 View Post
True, we are short on centers.
Backstrom is better than any center we have, except maybe Richards...but Richards isn't nearly as good offensively and Backstrom is still a beast defensively. I also don't count Briere as a center, I really don't care what he did in the playoffs, he needs to be on the wing. Backstrom would also probably cost atleast 1 of our centers anyway. With that being said, Backstrom, like Richards, will never be traded...except on my XBox

FlyLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2010, 11:40 AM
  #30
BringBackStevens
Registered User
 
BringBackStevens's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Philadelphia
Country: United States
Posts: 12,079
vCash: 500
Trading Kimmo is not an option

BringBackStevens is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2010, 11:41 AM
  #31
Guest123
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Lancaster,PA
Country: United States
Posts: 775
vCash: 500
Flyers hate Russians.

Guest123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2010, 11:42 AM
  #32
Valhoun*
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: West Chester, PA
Posts: 10,311
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Valhoun*
Quote:
Originally Posted by XS Chop View Post
I don't understand how anyone could want to move Timonen. Without the ability to have one of Timonen or Pronger on the ice damn near ever minute of every game we wouldn't have made the playoffs, let alone game 6 of the finals. In the unlikely event that we get a goalie almost guaranteed to steal us games in the playoffs I would maybe think about dealing Kimmo. Until then, no way.
I would trade Kimmo for Vokoun. That's about it.

Valhoun* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2010, 12:08 PM
  #33
Chicken Chaser
Zaphod Beeblebrox
 
Chicken Chaser's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: St. James's Gate
Country: Jersey
Posts: 1,696
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Shafer View Post
Quick question.

If Timonen didn't have a clause, would you consider moving him + a little something extra for Ryan?

Gagne - Richards - Ryan
Hartnell - Briere - Leino
vanRiemsdyk - Carter - Giroux
Powe - Betts - Laperriere

Pronger - Carle
Hamhuis - Coburn
Bartulis - Lehtivuori

It's not like I'm speculating that it could happen, but would you do it?
with Neidermayer expecting to announce his retirement that deal could feasibly work to be honest...

Chicken Chaser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2010, 12:15 PM
  #34
DeadPhish5858
Rumham!
 
DeadPhish5858's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: the Shade
Country: United States
Posts: 13,476
vCash: 200
Send a message via AIM to DeadPhish5858
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Inebriator View Post
Trading Kimmo is not an option
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade View Post
Flyers hate Russians.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valhoun View Post
I would trade Kimmo for Vokoun. That's about it.
These three comments sum it up for me.

DeadPhish5858 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:28 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.