HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Enver Lisin not given QO

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
06-22-2010, 01:20 PM
  #1
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller
 
RangerBoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 31,891
vCash: 500
Enver Lisin not given QO

Quote:
Post has learned that Rangers are not qualifying Enver Lisin, who will become UFA on 7/1 after one season with club.
http://twitter.com/NYP_Brooksie/status/16785485591

https://twitter.com/NYP_Brooksie

Qualifying offers are due next Monday.

Good asset management by the Rangers. Trade a former #1 pick for a project forward who was given 1 year to develop his game

$829,500 was the QO

RangerBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2010, 01:22 PM
  #2
lotus
Registered User
 
lotus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 2,091
vCash: 500
meh. I liked his speed but whatever.

lotus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2010, 01:23 PM
  #3
n8
WAAAAAAA!!!
 
n8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: san francisco
Country: United States
Posts: 7,405
vCash: 500
thanks Korpikoski

n8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2010, 01:23 PM
  #4
t3hg00se
Registered User
 
t3hg00se's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 3,394
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to t3hg00se
Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
http://twitter.com/NYP_Brooksie/status/16785485591

https://twitter.com/NYP_Brooksie

Qualifying offers are due next Monday.

Good asset management by the Rangers. Trade a former #1 pick for a project forward who was given 1 year to develop his game


$829,500 was the QO


Pretty much.

I'd do the trade again, it probably would have been good for Lisin to spend time in the AHL. Oh well, I couldn't care less.


Last edited by t3hg00se: 06-22-2010 at 04:40 PM.
t3hg00se is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2010, 01:24 PM
  #5
Section311
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: long Island, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 3,038
vCash: 500
Figured as well

Section311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2010, 01:24 PM
  #6
ocarina
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 1,417
vCash: 500
I didn't see how he was going to fit into our plans anyway.

Bad trade in hindsight.

ocarina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2010, 01:24 PM
  #7
I Eat Crow
Fear The Mullet
 
I Eat Crow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Country: United States
Posts: 6,197
vCash: 500
Surprise!

I Eat Crow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2010, 01:25 PM
  #8
GaborikEqualsGod1995*
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 6,766
vCash: 500
Fail trade. Korpedo was a great bottom 6 forward. Lisin is useless.

GaborikEqualsGod1995* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2010, 01:25 PM
  #9
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller
 
RangerBoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 31,891
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by t3hg00se View Post


Pretty much.
Larry has the 2004 breakdown

http://twitter.com/NYP_Brooksie

Montoya is a group 6 UFA this summer.

RangerBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2010, 01:25 PM
  #10
OverTheCap
Registered User
 
OverTheCap's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 9,781
vCash: 500
Huge shock there.

Might as well have just kept Korpikoski.

OverTheCap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2010, 01:26 PM
  #11
Colt Seavers
Registered User
 
Colt Seavers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 544
vCash: 500
Uh-oh!

Colt Seavers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2010, 01:30 PM
  #12
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller
 
RangerBoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 31,891
vCash: 500
The Rangers didn't have the room to pay Lisin $830,000 to bounce around the line-up. The players loved him. Called him "Ringo". Anisimov needs to find a new compadre. Does he get a 1 way NHL contract? If yes,it's for $500,000. NHL minimum.

RangerBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2010, 01:31 PM
  #13
Levitate
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 21,041
vCash: 500
Yup, 2004 was a pretty ****** draft

Two things though. As much as I hoped he would, I'm not sure Korpikoski is ever going to develop much offense. And to be honest how many "good third liners" does this team need? He's not a difference maker for the Rangers, and Sather took a shot at getting a guy who had the chance to provide more of what the Rangers needed...offense.

Second thing, there were rumors that Korpikoski wasn't going to return to the Rangers for the '09-10 season. I never found out exactly why...playing time or something, but they were at least there, so the Rangers tried to get something for him.

At any rate, Maloney can enjoy the fruits of his bad drafting I guess

Levitate is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2010, 01:33 PM
  #14
Loffen
Wen Kroy
 
Loffen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Soft euro
Posts: 17,628
vCash: 500
We hardly knew 'ya kid... Didn't expect to see him back anyway.

Loffen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2010, 01:40 PM
  #15
Nyrvana
Registered User
 
Nyrvana's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Bronx, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 1,078
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cally Is Overrated View Post
Fail trade. Korpedo was a great bottom 6 forward. Lisin is useless.
We have 10 great bottom 6 forwards ... Sather took a chance to see if Lisin could develop into a 2nd liner. Didn't work. Clearly after one year they decided it wasn't going to happen. Odd maybe but, no big deal either way.

Nyrvana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2010, 01:40 PM
  #16
n8
WAAAAAAA!!!
 
n8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: san francisco
Country: United States
Posts: 7,405
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocarina View Post
I didn't see how he was going to fit into our plans anyway.

Bad trade in hindsight.
hated the trade the moment it happened.

n8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2010, 01:40 PM
  #17
Bleed Ranger Blue
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 15,111
vCash: 500
Luckily, offdacrossbar has moved onto a Pavol Demitra fetish

Bleed Ranger Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2010, 01:42 PM
  #18
BrooklynRangersFan
Change is good.
 
BrooklynRangersFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Brooklyn of course
Country: United States
Posts: 10,554
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Levitate View Post
Yup, 2004 was a pretty ****** draft

Two things though. As much as I hoped he would, I'm not sure Korpikoski is ever going to develop much offense. And to be honest how many "good third liners" does this team need? He's not a difference maker for the Rangers, and Sather took a shot at getting a guy who had the chance to provide more of what the Rangers needed...offense.

Second thing, there were rumors that Korpikoski wasn't going to return to the Rangers for the '09-10 season. I never found out exactly why...playing time or something, but they were at least there, so the Rangers tried to get something for him.

At any rate, Maloney can enjoy the fruits of his bad drafting I guess
Pretty much this.

I still like the trade - when you've got a plethora of 3rd & 4th liners at the NHL level and waiting in the wings, you should always be looking to flip them into guys who have a chance to be first or second line wingers. People act like because that chance didn't work out, it's a fail. In reality, whenever you ship out a guy who's a sure thing to be a 3rd or 4th liner in exchange for a guy who's got something like a 25-33% chance of becoming a top 6 winger, by definition the project is going to bust more than half the time - but you keep doing it so that eventually you get that 1 out of 3 or 4 who works out.

BrooklynRangersFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2010, 01:49 PM
  #19
Fitzy
All Is Well
 
Fitzy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 19,931
vCash: 500
I saw that coming a mile away. Altogether unsurprising.

Fitzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2010, 01:49 PM
  #20
I Am Chariot
One shift at a time
 
I Am Chariot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 14,526
vCash: 500
Gamble that didnt pat off. Korpeedo wasnt getting it done either. Not a Torts kinda guy

__________________
Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man
I Am Chariot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2010, 01:50 PM
  #21
John Torturella
Registered User
 
John Torturella's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Long Island, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 3,832
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cally Is Overrated View Post
Fail trade. Korpedo was a great bottom 6 forward. Lisin is useless.
Because bottom 6 forwards are really hard to find the Rangers system....

John Torturella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2010, 01:51 PM
  #22
Trxjw
Retired.
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Land of no calls..
Country: United States
Posts: 16,617
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynRangersFan View Post
Pretty much this.

I still like the trade - when you've got a plethora of 3rd & 4th liners at the NHL level and waiting in the wings, you should always be looking to flip them into guys who have a chance to be first or second line wingers. People act like because that chance didn't work out, it's a fail. In reality, whenever you ship out a guy who's a sure thing to be a 3rd or 4th liner in exchange for a guy who's got something like a 25-33% chance of becoming a top 6 winger, by definition the project is going to bust more than half the time - but you keep doing it so that eventually you get that 1 out of 3 or 4 who works out.
Agreed. It was the right trade at the time, but Rangers just can't afford to gamble on him for another season.

I do hope this doesn't have a negative effect on Anisimov's mind-set.

Trxjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2010, 01:53 PM
  #23
Fitzy
All Is Well
 
Fitzy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 19,931
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Korpicowski View Post
Because bottom 6 forwards are really hard to find the Rangers system....
ha. Yeah unless Korpedo turns into the Jerte Lethinen that we all had hoped for, its really not that big of a loss on a rangers club with Callahan, Weise, Byers, Prust, Avery and with guys like Hagelin and Werek coming along for the bottom 6.

Fitzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2010, 01:59 PM
  #24
RangerFan10
Registered User
 
RangerFan10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Long Island/Plattsbu
Country: United States
Posts: 5,327
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to RangerFan10
I still don't mind the trade. Korpikoski had no place on this team, players like him are still a dime a dozen for us. Weise and Byers being pretty much ready to come up shows this.

RangerFan10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2010, 02:03 PM
  #25
Inferno
HFB Partner
 
Inferno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Atlanta, GA
Country: United States
Posts: 20,258
vCash: 500
shocking...simply shocking.

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:45 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.