HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Enver Lisin not given QO

Old
06-22-2010, 01:06 PM
otto1219

vCash: 500
I think he would work out perfectly in NJ or buffalo with his speed.

otto1219 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2010, 01:09 PM
Celestial Black

I think everyone knew this was coming especially with our plethora of bottom 6 guys in our system. He didn't do enough to hold a spot and became dead weight. Hopefully we continue to shed those types of players from this team.

Celestial Black is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2010, 01:14 PM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

Awards:
Eh he's garbage. Good luck overseas.

nyr2k2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2010, 01:19 PM
Boom Boom Geoffrion*
CarciLOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed Ranger Blue View Post
Luckily, offdacrossbar has moved onto a Pavol Demitra fetish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Korpicowski View Post
Because bottom 6 forwards are really hard to find the Rangers system....
Shouldn't have that mentality. Good player is a good player, regardless of where they play. Oddly enough, the acquisition of two bottom 6 forwards had more of an impact on our team, than a 5M Center who was more skilled than 90% of our players last season.

Another case of bad asset management by Sather. Scrubs like Hollweg were traded for what again? A 5th rounder? And we couldn't get anything for Lisin. Pathetic.

Boom Boom Geoffrion* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2010, 01:24 PM
NikC

maybe they could've moved Korpikoski for a better player than Lisin initially, maybe not.

Lisin, Korpi = fail.

rangers drafting = fail.

doesn't give me alot of confidence with NYR draft choices.

NikC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2010, 01:27 PM
BrandNewDream

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boom Boom Geoffrion View Post

Shouldn't have that mentality. Good player is a good player, regardless of where they play. Oddly enough, the acquisition of two bottom 6 forwards had more of an impact on our team, than a 5M Center who was more skilled than 90% of our players last season.

Another case of bad asset management by Sather. Scrubs like Hollweg were traded for what again? A 5th rounder? And we couldn't get anything for Lisin. Pathetic.
Are we really going to sit here and whine about ENVER LISIN? This is ridiculous. You take risks, sometimes they don't work out. Nothing more than that.

BrandNewDream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2010, 01:34 PM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

Send a message via AIM to Bird Law
Quote:
Hollweg at least has a niche as a bottom line forward. What's Lisin have? He sucks on every line.

Bird Law is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2010, 01:35 PM
HockeyBasedNYC

Epic failure by Sather.

Good riddance.

HockeyBasedNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2010, 01:36 PM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

Quote:

Exactly. LK is a 3rd liner, but he's probably more valuable than any of the regular 3rd liners we trumped out last season.

Lets see what Coach of the year finalist Tippett says about LK, who is JUST a good 3rd liner:

Quote:
Korpikoski is a laid-back player, at times seeming shy, but he has great hockey instincts, coach Dave Tippett said, and that’s what enhances his ability as a penalty-killer.

“He’s a smart player, and his skating is excellent, good mobility in tight areas, so all the above (makes) a good penalty-killer,” he said. “He’s really come a long way from the start of the year.

“He was one of the players early on that had to find a niche on our team, and probably that shyness … is something that worked against him early. But he figured out that if he works hard to get himself a role on this team he could be a very valuable player, that's where he’s come to.”

Korpikoski and Martin Hanzal have been a penalty-killing pair most of the season and have turned in an outstanding effort.
http://www.azcentral.com/members/Blog/JimGintonio/79502

What did Lisin ever figure out besides skate really fast?

Yeah, LK's just a 3rd liner, who cares if he can play all forward positions and special teams, those players are a dime a dozen

Bluenote13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2010, 01:37 PM
NYR94

Send a message via AIM to NYR94
To be honest I forgot this guy was even on the team until I read this thread.

Can't say I'm surprised by this.

NYR94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2010, 01:43 PM
Levitate

Quote:
Originally Posted by NikC View Post
maybe they could've moved Korpikoski for a better player than Lisin initially, maybe not.

Lisin, Korpi = fail.

rangers drafting = fail.

doesn't give me alot of confidence with NYR draft choices.
Korpikoski (and Montoya) were Maloney picks. He flat out ran those drafts and was completely in love with Korpikoski

Obviously the drafting isn't run by Maloney anymore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluenote13 View Post
Yeah, LK's just a 3rd liner, who cares if he can play all forward positions and special teams, those players are a dime a dozen
That's great if you need those players but I'm not really convinced the Rangers do. They have a great PK and players who are very good at it. And even for all the talk about Korpikoski being a 3rd line player, he isn't even producing enough offensively to be considered that. Right now he's more like a 4th line guy who can PK, and maybe has 3rd line upside if he can score a bit more.

He's not crappy and completely worthless but there's also absolutely no reason to be crying about him either.

Levitate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2010, 01:47 PM
Boom Boom Geoffrion*
CarciLOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrandNewDream View Post
Are we really going to sit here and whine about ENVER LISIN? This is ridiculous. You take risks, sometimes they don't work out. Nothing more than that.
I wasn't whining, grasshopper.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan. View Post
Hollweg at least has a niche as a bottom line forward. What's Lisin have? He sucks on every line.
This is true.

Quote:
Exactly. LK is a 3rd liner, but he's probably more valuable than any of the regular 3rd liners we trumped out last season.

Lets see what Coach of the year finalist Tippett says about LK, who is JUST a good 3rd liner:

http://www.azcentral.com/members/Blog/JimGintonio/79502

What did Lisin ever figure out besides skate really fast?

I know a lot of guys here are obsessed with statistics. They look at Korpi's point-total and go meh. I liked the way he played though. Lisin, I never liked. He didn't show me anything that was impressive. Even his speed, I think it was overrated since he couldn't use it to his advantage.

In 5 years from now, I think Korpi will remain in this league. I'm not sure Lisin will be playing hockey on this continent for another year.

Old
06-22-2010, 01:49 PM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levitate View Post
Korpikoski (and Montoya) were Maloney picks. He flat out ran those drafts and was completely in love with Korpikoski

Obviously the drafting isn't run by Maloney anymore.

That's great if you need those players but I'm not really convinced the Rangers do. They have a great PK and players who are very good at it. And even for all the talk about Korpikoski being a 3rd line player, he isn't even producing enough offensively to be considered that. Right now he's more like a 4th line guy who can PK, and maybe has 3rd line upside if he can score a bit more.

He's not crappy and completely worthless but there's also absolutely no reason to be crying about him either.

Who's crying? Sather wasted another 1st round pick with nothing to show for it, thats the main point no?

A wasted asset is a wasted asset. That Makes 3 1st rounders(montoya, Jessiman, Korpikoski) with absolutely NOTHING to show for it. I can't think of any recent teams that have ZERO assets after giving up 3 1st rounders in trades.

Absolutely dreadful management you'd expect from a novice GM.

Old
06-22-2010, 01:52 PM
Boom Boom Geoffrion*
CarciLOL

Quote:
I don't think anyone's crying. Or really upset.

Just pointing the obvious out, really.

We understand trades are a gamble. Sometimes they work, sometimes they don't. When they do, we give Sather the respect he deserves.

This trade, no matter what angle you look at it, wasn't a good one, regardless of how many 3rd liners we already have on this team.

Old
06-22-2010, 01:53 PM
Levitate

The problem is that all three have ended up sucking to one extent or another, meaning you're not going to get much for them. And again, what's the common link between all of them? Don Maloney

I think Maloney has developed into a pretty good GM and all but **** did his drafting in those years screw the Rangers. He totally ran those drafts back then, so in my mind he's more to blame than Sather for those picks.

Old
06-22-2010, 01:54 PM
offdacrossbar
with the 10th pick..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed Ranger Blue View Post
Luckily, offdacrossbar has moved onto a Pavol Demitra fetish

offdacrossbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2010, 01:55 PM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

Quote:
The problem is that all three have ended up sucking to one extent or another, meaning you're not going to get much for them. And again, what's the common link between all of them? Don Maloney

I think Maloney has developed into a pretty good GM and all but **** did his drafting in those years screw the Rangers. He totally ran those drafts back then, so in my mind he's more to blame than Sather for those picks.
You can absolutely blame Sather for how they were handled after they were drafted. !

Old
06-22-2010, 01:56 PM
LyNX27

Quote:
Originally Posted by offdacrossbar View Post

Are you referring to Pavol Demitra's recent car wreck?

LyNX27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2010, 01:57 PM
Levitate

Quote:
You can absolutely blame Sather for how they were handled after they were drafted. !
I don't think how they were handled had any real effect on how they turned out.

Old
06-22-2010, 01:58 PM
SouvenirCity

Lisin was in Torts's doghouse from day 1. Once he was waived, everyone knew this was coming.

SouvenirCity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2010, 01:59 PM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

Quote:
I don't think how they were handled had any real effect on how they turned out.
I'm talking about Sather handling his assets, not the way they were brought along.

Old
06-22-2010, 02:04 PM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouvenirCity View Post
Lisin was in Torts's doghouse from day 1. Once he was waived, everyone knew this was coming.
We traded one guy he didn't like for another guy he didn't like. He didn't like Korpikosi, but coach of the year candidate Tippett thinks he's one of his teams valuable players. Guess Torts knew he wouldn't be able to get the best out of him, same with Lisin.

Wonderful management.

Old
06-22-2010, 02:05 PM
offdacrossbar
with the 10th pick..

lisin is gone and it was expected. he was waived so that was the end right there. he was unable to do whatever it was that torts needed him to do for him to play.

i will say this, he was given only one season. one season. but thats more than higgins or kotalik got before they were moved.

torts does not like lisin. thats clear and thats what ended it for him.

i would have liked to have seen one more year but it didnt happen.

good luck to enver lisin. a real nice kid and someone who deserved better.

oh well, just another reason to hammer torts the clown all season.

FIRE TORTS !!

offdacrossbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2010, 02:05 PM
SouvenirCity

Quote:
We traded one guy he didn't like for another guy he didn't like. He didn't like Korpikosi, but coach of the year candidate Tippett thinks he's one of his teams valuable players. Guess Torts knew he wouldn't be able to get the best out of him, same with Lisin.

Wonderful management.
A team can have only so many penalty killing 3rd/4th liners. We tried to catch lightning in a bottle with lisin and it didn't work out. Now it's time to move on.

SouvenirCity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2010, 02:07 PM
The Mouth

Trading up to get a prelim Lauri Crapikowski was the first mistake

Giving a very marginal player a silly nickname by the fans was the second

Trading him to phoenix was addition by subtraction.

Trading him for The Enver Lisin project was doomed because "projects" never works in Rangerland

Especially with a coach who had the nads to make Lisin sit on the bench for a whole entire game and not log one second of ice time.

The Mouth is offline   Reply With Quote