HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

What will the habs do on draft day??

Old
06-22-2010, 08:20 AM
PyrettaBlaze*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cam A Larry View Post
I'm not a huge fan of Horton, but value-wise, this would be pretty damn sweet for Montreal.

A 27th overall pick isn't much to be excited about (with no insight). Pacioretty might be a good asset, but I don't think he'll ever become as good as Horton is. Even if Nathan isn't a gritty player by and kind of way, he's still a talented player capable of 30 goals and 65pts+ per year.
Yeah, Florida would totally accept this trade.

PyrettaBlaze* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2010, 08:29 AM
TankEller*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
A normal year 27th is nothing great, but this draft is very deep, much like the 2003 one where guys like Perry and Eriksson were available at 27. If you can get a guy like Tinordi, Nelson, Pitlick or Schwartz, those guys are generally drafted 12th to 20 th in a normal draft and one or more should fall to us at 27.

Plus, Pacioretty is worth a lot more than what he showed last year, he's a guy with size and decent skill, in a couple of years he should be a 50 point 2nd liner that can contribute on PK and provide size in the top 6. Trading him while his value is low would be right up there with trading Latendresse.
Contribute on the PK?
Provide size?

I don't think Pacioretty is good enough to read the play to ever contribute on the PK. The mistakes he makes in his defensive zone coverage are those of an ECHL player. Never have I seen an NHL player who's killing PKs that bad at covering the point. Many goals scored when he was on the ice were scored because of this very reason. And between you and I... I don't think we're lacking of players potentially capable of playing on the PK in the system (Pyatt, White, Leblanc, Eller Lapierre, etc.)

He might have size, Horton does too. Pacioretty just ain't using it properly. Neither is Horton for that matter. Thing is, Horton is a proven 25+ goals, 60+ points getter in the NHL level, playing for a laughable offense more often than not. You get proven value. 6'2, 229 pounds proven value. Coached properly, he'll develops in the 70 points + player he always was.

Of course, if Martin knows something we don't know about him, there is a reason why we might not get him.

That being said, a low 1st round pick and an unproven prospect with injuries concern is a fair price, considering we have guys like Eller, Leblanc, Kristo and Pouliot in the system, and intriguing prospects like Avtsin and Trunev.

As far as selling low, we might not trade Pacioretty at his peak value, but we would, for once, get proven commodities in exchange, unlike Pouliot, who's still unproven, and had yet to score his 10th NHL goal when the trade was made.

Quote:
Plus getting Horton(assuming we re sign Pleks) would also require dumping of a salary...AK, Hamrlik depending on possibilities.
Philadelphia got Hamhuis. They're arguably in cap trouble.
Getting cap space is easier than some might believe. Just get assets for both Kostitsyns, and the issue is solved.

TankEller* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2010, 08:32 AM
TankEller*

Quote:
Originally Posted by PyrettaBlaze View Post
Yeah, Florida would totally accept this trade.
Where have I said that?
All I said is, if such a deal was offered to Montreal, there are no reasons why we should refuse it.

You're the one who, more often than not, make stupid and ridiculous comments. So stop acting as if you were all over this place, just because you're on that other site with those other no-lifes retards.

TankEller* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2010, 10:18 AM
Smoke Monster

Besides trading Halak for 2 picks they'll probably dissappoint everyone and do nothing else except put a bunch of entry draft names in a hat and pull one out when their turn comes up .

Smoke Monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2010, 10:30 AM
Smoke Monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyhabsfan View Post
TSN NEWS - DRAFT COVERAGE WRAPUP; CANADIENS NEW DRAFTING MODEL

Shocking everyone in the hockey world, the Montreal Canadiens found a way to actually get smaller by using their first round pick (27th overall) to select Dylan Drust from the MN Young Storks Day Care Center.

The 1' 7" 30 lbs Drust showed tremendous crawling speed and the infant is projected to grow into an estimated 5' 8" 175 lbs frame in the next 20 years.

When questioned about the draft pick, Gauthier stated " We used a loophole in the league drafting rules and believe we have identified a young stud with excellent hand eye coordination. This aligns with the change in drafting strategy by eliminating the six scouting postions and replacing them with fifteen day care postions that will help us identify potenital players much earlier in their development. the fact that Dylan is my sister-inlaws cousin child also helped determine our desire to draft Dylan. That and the fact that he drooled all over the Habs jersey only strenghtened our desire to draft him"

Or we could replace the Montreal Canadiens scouting department with a cloning facility and begin cloning members of the Hockey Hall of Fame.

Old
06-22-2010, 10:44 AM
Smoke Monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cam A Larry View Post
Pacioretty might have a good stature, the more I see him, the more I think he's not going to be capable of using it properly.
He did not seem to have progressed much from the year before. I think he's reached a plateau and will turn out to be a third or fourth line checking winger in 3 to 4 years a la Lapierre.

Old
06-22-2010, 01:56 PM
shortcat1

Quote:
Originally Posted by 79 André Marcoux View Post
If the brothers are still Habs property by Saturday, I will be surprised and upset.
Well, go & get your antacids and whatever dulls pain for you (meditation, liquor, pot, whatever)

I don't see the K's being dealt in any way.

Too little value as it is for any interest.

shortcat1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2010, 02:28 PM
vokiel
#NoTradesWithEDM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shortcat1 View Post
Well, go & get your antacids and whatever dulls pain for you (meditation, liquor, pot, whatever)

I don't see the K's being dealt in any way.

Too little value as it is for any interest.
Then buy big brother out and send both to Abu-Dhabi. With Eller in the prospect pool, I couldn't care less

vokiel is offline   Reply With Quote