bozak911
Ignoring Idiots

vCash: 500
FYI This is what Russo mentioned as a ridiculous rumor

From Eklund as part of his blog:
http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog.php?p...9&blogger_id=1

Quote:
#4 Josh Harding
Not all offer sheets may be multi-million dollar deals...Harding is one of two goalies who came up today as possibly getting an offer.
Teams rumored to have interest...Buffalo and Florida
Here is his rationale for finding this rumor to be absolutely hilarious.

The Wild have been shopping Harding since, well, the start of last season. If GMCF seriously can't find a trading partner for Harding, do you REALLY think another GM is going to throw an offer sheet at him?

If you pay for Eklund's site, this should be enough of a reason to make you feel dumb.

Oh, and...
Quote:
* Look to the Wild for a big potential move.. They are in on Spezza, Kovalchuk, and Horton I am hearing. They also may get into the Marleau sweeps.
elle. oh. elle.

bozak911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2010, 10:54 AM
mnwildgophers

Eklund is great for a laugh or two, funny when people bring him up in the Trade forum. He's absolutely a fraud, yet still making money. I can't believe that honestly.

I don't think we make a trade until the draft.

mnwildgophers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2010, 10:59 AM
saywut

I like the teams he listed.
Miller > Backstrom, Regier isn't going to toss an offer sheet for a back-up after he criticized Lowe for the Vanek one.
Vokoun > Backstrom with Markstrom/Salak in the wings and Clemmensen signed.
Also, not multi-million? So he's going to sign a 1-year offer sheet? He made 1.1 last year, he's not taking a paycut.

saywut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2010, 11:07 AM
bozak911
Ignoring Idiots

I would like to know how we get into a Spezza, Kovalchuk or Marleau sweeps with our cap situation. We would basically have to give up pretty much everything for nothing to swing those types of salaries. Has he not looked at the cap crunch we are in?

I mean, I can understand LAK, NYI, FLA, or a few other teams being able to afford the price of Kovalchuk. I mean, saying the Wild are in on Kovie is like saying Chicago is in on Kovalchuk.

It's a big WTF.

It also applies for Spezza.

Marleau, we could swing if we moved a contract like Schultz for nothing but picks and prospects. But it still doesn't fit into our line up without another forward moving or PMB being gone. Although, I do like the idea of a Brunette - Marleau - PMB line.
Hmmm...

It just ain't happening.

Old
06-21-2010, 12:04 PM
bozak911
Ignoring Idiots

and more Eklund bashing from Russo:

Quote:
Russostrib

In the please stop emailing me dept, #mnwild is not in on Spezza, is not interested in Ribeiro and Josh Harding offer sheet, uh, uh, lol
Seriously, if you read something here or on Eklund, don't waste Russo's time with it.

Old
06-21-2010, 02:35 PM
GopherState
Repeat Offender...

Oh Eklund remembered the team existed. Too bad.

"Will beats skill when skill doesn't have enough will."
-Doug Woog
1974 1976 1979 2002 2003 2014?
GopherState is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2010, 12:05 PM
BigT2002

I just lost brain cells

BigT2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2010, 09:24 AM
North Metro Peewees

Quote:
Originally Posted by bozak911 View Post
I would like to know how we get into a Spezza, Kovalchuk or Marleau sweeps with our cap situation. We would basically have to give up pretty much everything for nothing to swing those types of salaries. Has he not looked at the cap crunch we are in?

I mean, I can understand LAK, NYI, FLA, or a few other teams being able to afford the price of Kovalchuk. I mean, saying the Wild are in on Kovie is like saying Chicago is in on Kovalchuk.

It's a big WTF.

It also applies for Spezza.

Marleau, we could swing if we moved a contract like Schultz for nothing but picks and prospects. But it still doesn't fit into our line up without another forward moving or PMB being gone. Although, I do like the idea of a Brunette - Marleau - PMB line.
Hmmm...

It just ain't happening.

I believe the Wild are currently committed to $46m; if you sign your own players:

Lats $2.5m
Harding $1.4
Palmer 900k
Almond 645k
Scandella 1.1m

That would leave $5.7m in cap space; now you can pretty much bank that PMB will likely start next year on LTIR. I mean if he's golfing and lightly working out then I don't see him ready in three months. You would save whatever % of his salary is paid while on LTIR.

No question it would be easier to pursue a top UFA if you can move a defensman for picks/prospects but not absolutely necessary. Obviously if you move Barker or Schultz for picks you would save around $3-3.5m.

North Metro Peewees is offline   Reply With Quote