HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Moore MUST be re-signed

View Poll Results: Should we keep Dominic Moore?
Yes, good idea he is an ideal checking center. 60 58.25%
No, let Eller take the 3rd center position or sign a FA. Ex: Lombardi 36 34.95%
No, bring up the younger cheaper guys like Desharnais and Trotter 7 6.80%
Voters: 103. You may not vote on this poll

Old
06-23-2010, 10:00 AM
Turboflex*

vCash: 500
I liked Moore too but he doesn't fit into lineup. Eller is 3rd line centre, you want to sign Moore for 4th line to play 10 mins a game? He is certainly looking for over 2 million, probably 2.5, and after a strong playoff performance he will probably get it from any team looking to upgrade their 3rd line.

Turboflex* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2010, 10:22 AM
A Zen Master

I'm not a huge fan of Moore, but he was great during the playoffs.

I wouldn't be against him being signed, I wouldn't be surprised if he is waived or traded at some point because of Eller, Maxwell or Desharnais taking his spot.

Same goes for Metro.

A Zen Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2010, 10:28 AM
coolasprICE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turboflex View Post
I liked Moore too but he doesn't fit into lineup. Eller is 3rd line centre, you want to sign Moore for 4th line to play 10 mins a game? He is certainly looking for over 2 million, probably 2.5, and after a strong playoff performance he will probably get it from any team looking to upgrade their 3rd line.
Well, according to many, he's due for 1 to 1.5 Million ... which I think is impossible.

But, if we can sign him for under 2, I would try my best to fit it in ... we'd have a very impressive depth down the middle (although nobody elite). This will allow us to use 4 lines and not only that, if one center gets injured than we have the right personnel to replace him.

I don't want Lapierre or Pyatt centering the 4th line.

coolasprICE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2010, 10:29 AM
TankEller*

No.

Gomez, Plekanec, Eller and Lapierre is going to be our center line next season.
We need Moore's potential salary to go and get some interesting winger.

TankEller* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2010, 10:45 AM
Mats NAslund

vCash: 50
Eller has to be the number 3 C either way.
Even if Moore stays (no more then 1.5 per year) he has to play on the 4th line.

Eller is NHL ready and should be the third line centre with Paciorety and Lapierre at his flanks.
If Moore wants to platoon the 4th line with Moen and Pyatt he's welcome but I'd rather go with the following:

Gionta Gomez Pouliot
AK Pleks Cammalleri
Lapierre Eller Paciorety
Moen Pyatt White

It's a more cap friendly lineup. Moore is going to want to much money again!

AK ans SK will likely get moved maybe Frolov brought in so the money spent on Moore could be used to bring in Frolov to replace AK.

Mats NAslund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2010, 10:48 AM
TankEller*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mats NAslund View Post
Eller has to be the number 3 C either way.
Even if Moore stays (no more then 1.5 per year) he has to play on the 4th line.

Eller is NHL ready and should be the third line centre with Paciorety and Lapierre at his flanks.
If Moore wants to platoon the 4th line with Moen and Pyatt he's welcome but I'd rather go with the following:

Gionta Gomez Pouliot
AK Pleks Cammalleri
Lapierre Eller Paciorety
Moen Pyatt White
After what we saw from Pacioretty last season, considering he didn't even get to play many hockey games since we last saw him, I wonder why anybody would be willing to give him a spot on the roster this year.

Let him do what he hasn't had the chance to do so far in his career: Develop far from the Montreal fans expectations.

TankEller* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2010, 10:51 AM
RC51

Centers that get you 25-40 points per year are worth next to nothing pay wise. you can play almost anybody for 82 games and he will get 25 points and he would cost .550 per. At some point in time you just have to play hard ball. It's a cap world.
Moore yes but at .750-850 per or it's bye bye DM have a nice life I can replace you with my choice of 3 other guys I have or can get.

RC51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2010, 10:58 AM
Mats NAslund

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cam A Larry View Post
After what we saw from Pacioretty last season, considering he didn't even get to play many hockey games since we last saw him, I wonder why anybody would be willing to give him a spot on the roster this year.

Let him do what he hasn't had the chance to do so far in his career: Develop far from the Montreal fans expectations.
I'm just assuming he'll tear it up at camp and force Montreal to play him. If Moore stays it has to be at a million per to play the 4th line and no more then that!

Personally I hope they trade for Ladd and or Byfulgien!

AK SK and a 1st for Ladd and Byfulgien......I know, no chance it happens but I'd like both of those guys with the habs!

Mats NAslund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2010, 11:22 AM
BaseballCoach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turboflex View Post
I was behind the idea of signing Moore, but with Eller in the picture, he might as well play on a pretty cap-friendly contract ($845k not incl bonuses) on either the 3rd or 4th line. We have Lapierre and Pyatt who are cheaper than Moore will be but still bonafide NHLers that can also play minutes.

Having said that, I don't think Dominic will get $2.5M, in fact I am 95% sure he won't even get $2M. His stats are just not that good for the year as a whole, and two playoff goals in 19 games, as important as they were, don't change things that much.

If Dom's agent is too greedy, he may be on the sidelines again.

So the bottom line is I would not give Dominic big $$ per year but I don't mind term. 3 Years at around $1.1M starting at 29 years of age and he will remain a tradeable asset, but at the same time get some security length-wise.

Now, Moore might get $1.5M or $1.6M on the market for one year. I guess he would have to decide whether the mutual commitment to a career here is in his interest.

BaseballCoach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2010, 12:56 PM
NewHabsEra*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montréal Russians View Post
Dominic Moore was an absolute beast for us in the playoffs and brought a ton of smarts and energy. If they dont re-sign him I believe it would be a mistake.

Thoughts?
Quite agree. We should resign him short term..

Last edited by NewHabsEra*: 06-23-2010 at 01:01 PM.
NewHabsEra* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2010, 03:59 PM
BigTime

Quote:

b/c him playing with Eller could be a deadly duo, besides arent these two players for the future of the Habs, shouldnt we get them together to see how they they can play n build that chemistry

BigTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2010, 04:02 PM
BigTime

Quote:
No.

Gomez, Plekanec, Eller and Lapierre is going to be our center line next season.
We need Moore's potential salary to go and get some interesting winger.
i agree and even with white and pyatt as potential 4th line centers i just dont see where we can fit moore in our line up or in our cap space
i loved moore and really wanted him back but i feel that with picking up Eller it was to save $ on Moore salary

BigTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2010, 04:06 PM
InglewoodJack

vCash: 1340
I'd like to have Lapierre as a 3rd line winger/5th centre, with Moore on the 4th, but doubt he accepts that.

InglewoodJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2010, 04:06 PM
llamateizer

keep him but at what price

llamateizer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2010, 04:16 PM
Quarantesix
#Galchenyuk

no his money belong to Byfuglien....ok i'm done with my man crush

Quarantesix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2010, 04:41 PM
Rise from the Ashes
@JoelGabbayNHL

Send a message via MSN to Rise from the Ashes
First off, SKOST should be dealt, he has proven to be a big loser in Montreal. No maturity at all. Secondly, Lapierre is better used on the wings in my opinion. Moore came up real big for us in the playoffs in key moments.

Rise from the Ashes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2010, 06:19 PM
crazyd
Canada is hockey

I disagree. He can reasonably fetch between 1.2 and 1.5. And with the cap going up to 59.4m, I don't think we have a problem signing him as high as 1.5m (would be ultimate max.)

Maybe a bit pricy for the pivot of a 4th line, but depth as it's worth.

crazyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2010, 07:06 PM
macavoy

vCash: 243
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarto View Post
I disagree. He can reasonably fetch between 1.2 and 1.5. And with the cap going up to 59.4m, I don't think we have a problem signing him as high as 1.5m (would be ultimate max.)

Maybe a bit pricy for the pivot of a 4th line, but depth as it's worth.
I'd rather get Metro for the 4th line. He'll likely be happy with a 1 way contract after his late season injury and get him for 700k.

macavoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2010, 10:38 PM
NewHabsEra*

Moore is IMO one of the best third line centers in the league, so of course I would take him back any days.. Eller is still pretty young and most of us havent seen him play yet..

Last edited by NewHabsEra*: 06-23-2010 at 10:45 PM.
NewHabsEra* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2010, 11:54 PM
crazyd
Canada is hockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by macavoy View Post
I'd rather get Metro for the 4th line. He'll likely be happy with a 1 way contract after his late season injury and get him for 700k.
Metro is a very good fit also. But I think Moore has more potential if ever we need him to center higher lines in the roster. So better depth.

Also, re-signing Metro at +35 years old would simply be a bad idea since his buyout equals his cap hit.

crazyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2010, 12:17 AM
BaseballCoach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarto View Post
Metro is a very good fit also. But I think Moore has more potential if ever we need him to center higher lines in the roster. So better depth.

Also, re-signing Metro at +35 years old would simply be a bad idea since his buyout equals his cap hit.

Not exactly.

The thing with players 35 and over is that you must include their salaries for the SECOND and SUBSEQUENT years of their contracts on the cap, even if they retire.

There is no penalty if the contract is one year, since the restriction doesn not apply to the first year.

The CBA is not discouraging signing 35+yo players. Just from signing them long-term.

This being said, I am not interested in re-signing Metropolit.

BaseballCoach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2010, 12:23 AM
Fish on The Sand
Untouchable

I would like to have him as our 4th line center, but it isn't a "must".

Fish on The Sand is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2010, 03:09 AM
pled

pyatt-moore-lapierre line was nice in playoffs

pled is offline   Reply With Quote