HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Tampa Bay Lightning
Notices

Brent Burns

Closed Thread

Old
06-22-2010, 06:25 PM
Ur Team is Jealous

vCash: 500
Brent Burns

Based on Boucher's system in which puck moving defensemen are important, I think Brent Burns would be a great choice. We do not have any defensemen that fit the definition of a "puck moving defensemen" (albeit Hedman should develop into one in couple of years) and a right handed shot on the defense would not be too bad either. Burns has been mentioned in recent rumors and figures to possibly be available. He is 25, has a lot of potential, has a good salary (3.5 mil cap hit), and would benefit in a new system. Judging from claims made by Bob McKenzie and Cristodero, Malone might have to go. So here is my proposal:

To Tampa:
Brent Burns

To Minnesota:
Ryan Malone
Vladimir Mihalik (other prospect possibly?)
2010 3rd round pick

Thoughts?

Old
06-22-2010, 07:15 PM
The Fear Boners
Plz stop pucks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ur Team is Jealous View Post
Based on Boucher's system in which puck moving defensemen are important, I think Brent Burns would be a great choice. We do not have any defensemen that fit the definition of a "puck moving defensemen" (albeit Hedman should develop into one in couple of years) and a right handed shot on the defense would not be too bad either. Burns has been mentioned in recent rumors and figures to possibly be available. He is 25, has a lot of potential, has a good salary (3.5 mil cap hit), and would benefit in a new system. Judging from claims made by Bob McKenzie and Cristodero, Malone might have to go. So here is my proposal:

To Tampa:
Brent Burns

To Minnesota:
Ryan Malone
2010 3rd round pick

Thoughts?
Ehhh sidegrade. We lose production up front and pick up someone with concussion issues, not interested in that.

Old
06-22-2010, 08:30 PM
Yzlamic Extremist

vCash: 629
I like Burns. I'd do it in a heartbeat, better value than the Kaberle proposal.

Old
06-22-2010, 08:50 PM
TBLHoser

Not that I'm agreeing to the trade in any way, but doesn't Malone live in Minnesota?

Old
06-22-2010, 09:03 PM
Staalguy

I would take this and let the new younger players(Ashton,panik,etc) play with VL4

I hate that we lose the offence from Malone but we add the puck moving d-man(not named Brain Campbell) that we need

Old
06-22-2010, 09:06 PM
Yzlamic Extremist

vCash: 629
I wonder if Malone is unhappy here, possibly requesting a trade, and that's why we have a sudden urge to trade him. He's popped up in several rumors and I'm not sure why we would part ways with him.

Old
06-22-2010, 09:18 PM
The Fear Boners
Plz stop pucks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Tocchet View Post
I wonder if Malone is unhappy here, possibly requesting a trade, and that's why we have a sudden urge to trade him. He's popped up in several rumors and I'm not sure why we would part ways with him.
You must be new to the canadian media. All players hate Florida and want out, TSN told me.

Quote:
I hate that we lose the offence from Malone but we add the puck moving d-man(not named Brain Campbell) that we need
Misread that, hes had TWO concussions. Just started skating again in January. Do we really want to give up Malone for a guy with two concussions? No thanks.

Old
06-22-2010, 10:53 PM
TBLHoser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobsled Gainey View Post
You must be new to the canadian media. All players hate Florida and want out, TSN told me.
Yes, the Canadian media.....without them, the off-season would be totally boring eh? Now broadcasting in 48 languages...

Old
06-22-2010, 11:10 PM
Tokala

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ur Team is Jealous View Post
To Tampa:
Brent Burns

To Minnesota:
Ryan Malone
2010 3rd round pick

Thoughts?
Holy crap that's a lot of assests for Burns. Burns was good...like 2 years ago. I'm thinking a ful year of Paul Ranger and a sophmore year from Hedman may be able to fill that PMD slot. A new coach and hopefully kicking Rick Wilson to the curb will help the Lightning's defensive issues.

Old
06-23-2010, 04:25 AM
Vasilevskiy
I've many surnames

I'd do it in a heart-beat and knowing that its a risky trade

Old
06-23-2010, 12:05 PM
CSampson

Quote:

Misread that, hes had TWO concussions. Just started skating again in January. Do we really want to give up Malone for a guy with two concussions? No thanks.
It's not TSN. It's the people who interpret TSN that are the problem. You gonna blame the florida media for the St. Louis trade stuff? Doubt it.

Old
06-23-2010, 12:50 PM
The Fear Boners
Plz stop pucks

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSampson View Post
It's not TSN. It's the people who interpret TSN that are the problem. You gonna blame the florida media for the St. Louis trade stuff? Doubt it.
Its been going on since we got a team here. Whether you choose to accept it is up to you, but its very obvious for years and years.

Old
06-23-2010, 01:05 PM
CSampson

Quote:
Its been going on since we got a team here. Whether you choose to accept it is up to you, but its very obvious for years and years.
Well, having watched TSN for years and years, and from following this team even longer, I don't see how Canadian media hates Florida teams. But as I was responding to this, a 5.7 magnitude quake just hit Ottawa so maybe you are right .

Closed Thread