Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Minnesota Wild
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

SJ (Staubitz) MN (5th Rounder)

Old
06-23-2010, 11:39 AM
shleeban

vCash: 500
Sometimes i wonder if some of you complain just for the sake of complaining.

He has made solid moves since coming in regardless of how you "feel" about them.

Fan favorites will not win you championships.

He has been a part of developing numerous championship caliber teams.

We will most likely make playoffs this year, even though we will not go far. We have a home heavy first month and most players have gotten used to new schedules/teammates.

Fletcher most likely will make more moves before training camp, so stop getting your panties in a bunch.

Lastly stop being a prototypical bandwagon fans that cry everytime someone you like isnt resigned or is traded. We need speed, grit, and scoring. And since fletcher has taken over 2 of the three have definately increased while one (scoring) is being worked on,.

Sincerly,
Shleeban

shleeban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2010, 11:41 AM
Jbcraig1883

I am actually surprised that this minor deal has created such a stir. I don't know if everyone has so much adrenaline going because we are all excited for the draft and free agency or what, but this is nothing to get all worked up about.

I am fine with the deal. I haven't seen him play so I can't really comment. And as far as people upset about losing a 5th, the draft lists by that point are so different from team to team that I wouldn't be surprised if our list has a group of guys available around the 6th round so they will still get the players they like. And, as has been pointed out, the chance a guys makes it drafted in the 5th round is very rare. I understand all of us can search through the various drafts and list players that were taken...but a much longer list can be made for all the guys that don't pan out. So, we have a cheap, young, 4th line middleweight that will be penciled in every night. And, the draft hasn't even occurred yet. Nor has the offseason. I think we should wait before getting bent over a minor deal.

Jbcraig1883 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2010, 11:42 AM
Circulartheory
@danccchan

Quote:
Originally Posted by bozak911 View Post
If I'm being an ass...

Throw enough poop at the wall, some of it will stick.

Just like Eklund's rumors, if Fletcher makes enough trades, surely one of them will be good!

And how is that support your previous statement of "DR-style smoke up our *****". As I recall, one of DR's faults was his stubbornness to trade players. CF has shown the exact opposite.

And funny enough, all the trades CF has done, none have been bad. Some are on the 'meh' level (Kobasew, Staubitz) but most have been fairly positive (Latendresse, Barker, Belanger, Brodziak)

And its not just trades he's doing, its college free agent signings (Wellman, Prosser, Palmer) which the Wild have never seen before

Circulartheory is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2010, 11:52 AM
bozak911
Ignoring Idiots

Nah, it's the "expectations" that both GMs use.

And yes, I agree that the Lats-Poo trade was good for both teams, but trades like that are rare.

I still scratch my head at the Brodziak trade much like some people are scratching their heads trading for Staubitz. Neither one are really make or break trades and the assets moved are mostly inconsequential. Both are roles that could have been more easily filled on the market and trades were made instead.

I understood the Kobasew trade and liked it for the most part.

My only real problem with the Wild right now is Richards, but that is well documented. I am willing to give Fletcher the time it takes to re-build (because that's really where we are), but he needs a coach that knows how to coach.

Now, if he drafts Bjustad at #9... I may pitch a few royal hissy fits.

bozak911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2010, 01:01 PM
Jarick
Doing Nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by shleeban View Post
Sometimes i wonder if some of you complain just for the sake of complaining.
That's why I stole this:

"The pleasure we feel in criticizing robs us from being moved by very beautiful things." - Jean de la Bruyère

I think that should be the phrase attached to this current generation of teens and 20-somethings. They are never satisfied, have no attention span, create nothing, but criticize everything, and are cynical beyond belief.

Jarick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2010, 01:16 PM
Bookman

vCash: 1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarick View Post

I think that should be the phrase attached to this current generation of teens and 20-somethings. They are never satisfied, have no attention span, create nothing, but criticize everything, and are cynical beyond belief.
Now be careful with the generalizations there Jarick. I know quite a few 30-40 somethings that would apply to as well.

Bookman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2010, 02:27 PM
GopherState
Repeat Offender...

Quote:
Since I play devil's advocate half the time...

Really? Did anyone (besides Antti) think that this would work out as well as it did when it happened? Lats was drafted 45th over all. Pouliot was drafted 4th over all.

Just based on position, do you really think a 4th over all pick has less value than a 45th?

Fletcher *got lucky* in that trade.

It was a good change of scenery trade that really worked for the Wild and almost worked for Montreal. Although, there should have been one more thing coming in from Montreal than just Lats. Maybe a 5th rounder?
Actually I loved the trade because we weren't going to use Pouliot correctly and had come to peace with that. I even understood the rationale for the Kobasew trade. The only two head scratchers I've made in the Fletcher era were the Leddy pick and subsequent trade for Barker (note: not the actual deal, which makes a lot of sense, but how strangely the team handled their "precious" asset").

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Jan Itor View Post
I don't understand what all the arguing is about.

I would think getting the final piece to the Stanley Cup puzzle would be a joyous occasion.

I guess I was wrong.
The pieces are in place...

"Will beats skill when skill doesn't have enough will."
-Doug Woog
1974 1976 1979 2002 2003 2014?
GopherState is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2010, 04:08 PM
shleeban

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarick View Post
That's why I stole this:

"The pleasure we feel in criticizing robs us from being moved by very beautiful things." - Jean de la Bruyère

i dont think its the generations necessarily as it is the generation... keep in mind most teens now learned from there parents... we are probably seeing the seeds of the "hippie era" through generational teachings. Generally speaking most people grow up how they are raised to be. So in my mind its more of an american train of thought as sad as it is.

I do agree tho.

shleeban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2010, 04:34 PM
bozak911
Ignoring Idiots

Quote:
Originally Posted by GopherState View Post
Actually I loved the trade because we weren't going to use Pouliot correctly and had come to peace with that. I even understood the rationale for the Kobasew trade. The only two head scratchers I've made in the Fletcher era were the Leddy pick and subsequent trade for Barker (note: not the actual deal, which makes a lot of sense, but how strangely the team handled their "precious" asset").
I was glad to get rid of Pouliot for any warm, non-chin-strap-chewing body. It was just blind luck that Latendresse hit it off so well with Havlat/Brodziak/Ebbett. I would love to see Lats at his natural RW side where he gets slick passes fed through traffic by Brunette/Koivu.

The only thing that bothered me about the Brodziak trade was the Fletcher inconsistency leading up to and after we picked him up.

The Kobasew trade was okay. Again, ditching Weller for a warm body. At the time, though, we were again hurting for centers because Pouliot wasn't working out and Bouchard was injured. Queue Ebbett off of waivers.

I actually *liked* the Barker/Johnsson+Leddy trade. Leddy wasn't the same after he got his jaw caved in at the U. He was more worried about where the next hit was coming from than using his skills. Hopefully for him, this gets fixed as he had been a really crisp passer who was decently able to get the puck from zone to zone.

See? I'm not all negative all the time.

Old
06-23-2010, 04:53 PM
GopherState
Repeat Offender...

Quote:
I was glad to get rid of Pouliot for any warm, non-chin-strap-chewing body. It was just blind luck that Latendresse hit it off so well with Havlat/Brodziak/Ebbett. I would love to see Lats at his natural RW side where he gets slick passes fed through traffic by Brunette/Koivu.
I'd like to see that as well, although it seems like it would make Minnesota an easy team to defend against.

Old
06-23-2010, 04:59 PM
bozak911
Ignoring Idiots

To a degree that's been true for the last two seasons. in 08-09, when an opponent shut down the Koivu line, it went cold in streaks. then, they would start shutting down the second line with butch/nolan and koivu's line would get hot again. Same thing happened last season with koivu and havlat lines.

A Brunette - Koivu - Latendresse and a Kobasew/Miettinen - Bouchard - Havlat 1a/1b line set up would cause some confusion in which line to shut down. It also puts stronger defensive forwards on each line, which is my worry about a Lats - Bouchard - Havlat line having none.

With a Kobasew/Miettinen - Brodziak - Clutterbuck third line, we would have a third line that has speed and can be a shut down line.

Just my thinking out loud...

Old
06-23-2010, 05:05 PM
GopherState
Repeat Offender...

I like it, but the only issue is that if you shut down one it's easier to shut down the second line. But at that point, Richards can always try to re-shuffle and get something going - for example, the defensive-lax Lats-Bouchard-Havlat line would be a great one (by Wild standards) when there's nothing to lose.