HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New Jersey Devils
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

High School champs

Closed Thread

Old
03-23-2005, 06:13 PM
vadvlfan

vCash: 500
High School champs

I wonder if lou or conte (staff) was on hand for the NJ state HS championships?
It garners a lot of attention on the Devs site. I doubt there is anyone to come directly out of HS (like Carps) to the nhl, but wonder if devs have their collective eye on some of the talent. Did anyone see Lou there?
vince

Old
03-23-2005, 07:00 PM
cagney
cdojdmccjajgejncjaba

I don't know if Lou was there but I'm sure there were scouts watching James Van Riemsdyk from CBA. He's got a good shot at making the US U17 team for next year from what I hear.

Last year there was a kid from New Jersey high school named Bobby Sangiunetti who made the US U17 team but decided to go to the OHL.

Even if no NHL scouts are taking in the New Jersey high school games on a regular basis I'm sure there are junior team scouts there.

Old
03-23-2005, 07:12 PM
Rabid Ranger
2 is better than one

Quote:
Originally Posted by cagney
I don't know if Lou was there but I'm sure there were scouts watching James Van Riemsdyk from CBA. He's got a good shot at making the US U17 team for next year from what I hear.

Last year there was a kid from New Jersey high school named Bobby Sangiunetti who made the US U17 team but decided to go to the OHL.

Even if no NHL scouts are taking in the New Jersey high school games on a regular basis I'm sure there are junior team scouts there.

Hockey's Future had an article about the first round match-ups for this year's Western Conferance OHL playoffs, and Sanguinetti was praised for his strong play this year for Owen Sound, and is being projected as a possible 1st rounder in the NHL draft in 2006.

Closed Thread