HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Official Rumor Thread--Kings Rumor Mill V

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
06-24-2010, 02:34 AM
  #26
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater
 
Ziggy Stardust's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Parts Unknown
Posts: 32,310
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DAkings20 View Post
is hockeybuzz down for anyone else?
Looks like I'm not the only person who is blessed by this great fortune.

To add to that... the Kings official page is also down. Hmm...

Ziggy Stardust is offline  
Old
06-24-2010, 02:43 AM
  #27
Mike The Franchise
Registered User
 
Mike The Franchise's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Los Angeles
Country: Armenia
Posts: 1,015
vCash: 500
i just went to hockeybuzz and it worked just fine for me

Mike The Franchise is offline  
Old
06-24-2010, 02:57 AM
  #28
silverstick
Registered User
 
silverstick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: California
Country: United States
Posts: 447
vCash: 500
works for me too, although Barry's claim of a blockbuster happening i am not buying

silverstick is offline  
Old
06-24-2010, 03:04 AM
  #29
Mike The Franchise
Registered User
 
Mike The Franchise's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Los Angeles
Country: Armenia
Posts: 1,015
vCash: 500
They got the
Big Buff trade right lets just hope there on fire and get the rumour of obtaining Kovy's rights right.

Mike The Franchise is offline  
Old
06-24-2010, 06:27 AM
  #30
BigBrown
They did it again!
 
BigBrown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Sweden
Country: Sweden
Posts: 4,253
vCash: 500
• Expect Drew Doughty's agent, Don Meehan, to chat with Kings GM Dean Lombardi over the next few days in Los Angeles. Doughty has one more year left on his entry-level deal, but Lombardi wants to lock him up long-term this summer. We'll see if both sides find a fit.

"Obviously, I would love for that to happen. I would love to sign a deal in L.A. again," Doughty told ESPN.com on Wednesday. "I love playing in L.A., but nothing has happened yet and I'm just waiting in the weeds and seeing what happens."


Source: http://espn.go.com/nhl/blog/_/name/l...al-no-truth-it

Please Drew, don't rob us blind but even if you do you'll probably be worth it.

BigBrown is online now  
Old
06-24-2010, 07:47 AM
  #31
Sydor25
LA Kings
 
Sydor25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: North Texas
Country: United States
Posts: 21,849
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to Sydor25
Doughty will be worth whatever he makes. With the cap continuing to grow, his deal will look better with age.



Hopefully it will start low and end high so that the cap hit is lower.

Sydor25 is offline  
Old
06-24-2010, 08:16 AM
  #32
kingsholygrail
Career Worst Year
 
kingsholygrail's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Derpifornia
Country: United States
Posts: 45,592
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBrown View Post
• Expect Drew Doughty's agent, Don Meehan, to chat with Kings GM Dean Lombardi over the next few days in Los Angeles. Doughty has one more year left on his entry-level deal, but Lombardi wants to lock him up long-term this summer. We'll see if both sides find a fit.

"Obviously, I would love for that to happen. I would love to sign a deal in L.A. again," Doughty told ESPN.com on Wednesday. "I love playing in L.A., but nothing has happened yet and I'm just waiting in the weeds and seeing what happens."


Source: http://espn.go.com/nhl/blog/_/name/l...al-no-truth-it

Please Drew, don't rob us blind but even if you do you'll probably be worth it.
Waiting in the weeds huh?

kingsholygrail is online now  
Old
06-24-2010, 08:33 AM
  #33
CASUAL KEV
Jack Adams™
 
CASUAL KEV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Sk, Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,878
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydor25 View Post
Doughty will be worth whatever he makes. With the cap continuing to grow, his deal will look better with age.



Hopefully it will start low and end high so that the cap hit is lower.
Hey just browsin the Kings forum..
The cap hit stays the same no matter how much a player makes per year. He could be paid 10 million in the first year of the deal. Lets say the deal is 6 yrs $36 million. They take the average which would be 6m cap hit no matter how much he is actually paid that year.

CASUAL KEV is offline  
Old
06-24-2010, 08:37 AM
  #34
Sydor25
LA Kings
 
Sydor25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: North Texas
Country: United States
Posts: 21,849
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to Sydor25
I was talking about the salary starting low. I know how the cap works.

Sydor25 is offline  
Old
06-24-2010, 09:14 AM
  #35
RAZZIE King
Los Cucarachas
 
RAZZIE King's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: The Roach Motel
Country: United States
Posts: 15,747
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KopitarFAN View Post
Thought i'd post this since Ek has hit on rumors on back to back days.


http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/Eklun...-hours/1/28961
If he's right three times in a week...it might be a sign of Armageddon...

RAZZIE King is offline  
Old
06-24-2010, 09:30 AM
  #36
Dave in LA
Chick Magnet
 
Dave in LA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 958
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnjm22 View Post
Quick certainly hasn't proven himself to be better than Nabokov, Turco, Theodore, Biron, Mason or Ellis. Other UFA goaltenders are debatable.

But the point is, is that there are plenty of goaltending options, and it doesn't make much sense for a team to give assets in to acquire Quick.

Biron makes much more sense for Philly.
Quick has only played 1.5 seasons as a pro. The above mentioned have been pros for a long, long time. Give the kid a break.

Classic "What have you done for me lately" crap.

Dave in LA is offline  
Old
06-24-2010, 10:14 AM
  #37
Youngblood93
Registered User
 
Youngblood93's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Los Angeles
Country: United States
Posts: 1,962
vCash: 500
I am having a hard time buying these Quick rumors unless it was for Carter. I know that the Kings shouldn't trade Quick because Bernier hasn't proved anything in the NHL.

Could you imangine a 1a 1b center combo of Kopitar and Carter and then have Kovy on the LW of one of them? That's some serious offense.

That being said, I'd be shocked if DL trades Quick.

Youngblood93 is offline  
Old
06-24-2010, 10:33 AM
  #38
BigBrown
They did it again!
 
BigBrown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Sweden
Country: Sweden
Posts: 4,253
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Youngblood93 View Post
I am having a hard time buying these Quick rumors unless it was for Carter. I know that the Kings shouldn't trade Quick because Bernier hasn't proved anything in the NHL.

Could you imangine a 1a 1b center combo of Kopitar and Carter and then have Kovy on the LW of one of them? That's some serious offense.

That being said, I'd be shocked if DL trades Quick.
That'd be an incredible offense... But if we get Carter we won't be getting Kovalchuk unless he signs for an absurdly low amount. Carter is already making $5M and will be looking a raise next summer. There is only so much salary to go around.

BigBrown is online now  
Old
06-24-2010, 11:12 AM
  #39
Tadite
Registered User
 
Tadite's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Rhode Island
Country: United States
Posts: 4,793
vCash: 500
I'm in no way a fan of Quick.

I do, however, think that the chances of trading him now are extremly unlikely. For all Bernier has done it isn't a sure thing that he is going to walk into the NHL and be good. We need to let them fight it out and then we find out which we keep for the long-run.

Tadite is offline  
Old
06-24-2010, 11:16 AM
  #40
Youngblood93
Registered User
 
Youngblood93's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Los Angeles
Country: United States
Posts: 1,962
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBrown View Post
That'd be an incredible offense... But if we get Carter we won't be getting Kovalchuk unless he signs for an absurdly low amount. Carter is already making $5M and will be looking a raise next summer. There is only so much salary to go around.
I know the numbers don't look like they'd work but I look at CHI and they seem to get it done. I am sure something could be done.

Next year when Carter's due for a new deal, Zus and Williams are off the books and the Kings could trade Smyth

Youngblood93 is offline  
Old
06-24-2010, 11:21 AM
  #41
Sydor25
LA Kings
 
Sydor25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: North Texas
Country: United States
Posts: 21,849
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to Sydor25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eklund
On Kovalchuk...

* There are rumors Kovalchuk's rights may have actually been acquired or are very close to being acquired by the LA Kings. There are also rumors the Flames have tried to get Ilya's rights as well. The Kings are, and have been the odds on favorite (off and on) to sign Kovalchuk to a new contract since the deadline.

I said I wouldn't get excited for another pending FA rumored to be headed to LA (Chara, Briere, Havlat, Gaborik, etc.), but damn, make it happen Dean!!


Last edited by Sydor25: 06-24-2010 at 11:29 AM.
Sydor25 is offline  
Old
06-24-2010, 11:29 AM
  #42
Sydor25
LA Kings
 
Sydor25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: North Texas
Country: United States
Posts: 21,849
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to Sydor25
It could work with Stoll and Quick going the other way:




It may not be Hickey/O'Donnell, but I'm sure the Kings woulnd't need to spend much more than $2.5 million for the 2 defensemen (and there is still $3 million in cap space if needed).

Sydor25 is offline  
Old
06-24-2010, 11:31 AM
  #43
johnjm22
16,005
 
johnjm22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Barstow, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 8,568
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydor25 View Post
I was talking about the salary starting low. I know how the cap works.
Don't you just hate the arrogance of Canadian fans?

johnjm22 is offline  
Old
06-24-2010, 11:35 AM
  #44
johnjm22
16,005
 
johnjm22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Barstow, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 8,568
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave in LA View Post
Quick has only played 1.5 seasons as a pro. The above mentioned have been pros for a long, long time. Give the kid a break.

Classic "What have you done for me lately" crap.
Relax. I didn't say anything bad about Quick. I like Quick.

I was just pointing out that there are a lot of decent goaltending options on the market, so it doesn't make much sense for a team to give up assets to acquire Quick.

johnjm22 is offline  
Old
06-24-2010, 11:42 AM
  #45
Chruceg
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Boston, MA
Country: United States
Posts: 870
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Youngblood93 View Post
I know the numbers don't look like they'd work but I look at CHI and they seem to get it done. I am sure something could be done.

Next year when Carter's due for a new deal, Zus and Williams are off the books and the Kings could trade Smyth
I really don't understand how you can say Chicago got it done. I mean they are still only two million under their cap (keep in mind it's different for them because they went over last year) and they have to sign four forwards, four defenseman, and a goalie. The league minimum salary is $500,000. They absolutely have to get rid of Huet somehow. And even though I strongly believe they won't put him in the minors let's say they do. That gives them seven million in cap space to sign ten guys. They're still completely effed. They can't give Niemi, Ladd, and Hjalmarsson any kind of raise AND they can't afford to bring up their young talent like Beach. Yeah their first two lines are going to be awesome but their defense will be paper thin and their goaltending will be completely suspect. And if anybody at all gets hurt they can't bring anybody up because it will put them over the cap. How on Earth can you claim "(You are) sure something can be done."?

As for next year when Carter's contract is up only Handzus' contract is up. Stoll is signed for the 11-12 season.

Chruceg is offline  
Old
06-24-2010, 11:43 AM
  #46
Sydor25
LA Kings
 
Sydor25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: North Texas
Country: United States
Posts: 21,849
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to Sydor25
The Eklund "Kovalchuk's rights to LA" makes a lot more sense now. He's the only one left.

Sydor25 is offline  
Old
06-24-2010, 11:44 AM
  #47
kingsholygrail
Career Worst Year
 
kingsholygrail's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Derpifornia
Country: United States
Posts: 45,592
vCash: 500
So the options get smaller for management. Kovy is really the remaining "splash" signing.

kingsholygrail is online now  
Old
06-24-2010, 11:47 AM
  #48
Sydor25
LA Kings
 
Sydor25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: North Texas
Country: United States
Posts: 21,849
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to Sydor25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chruceg View Post
I really don't understand how you can say Chicago got it done. I mean they are still only two million under their cap (keep in mind it's different for them because they went over last year) and they have to sign four forwards, four defenseman, and a goalie. The league minimum salary is $500,000. They absolutely have to get rid of Huet somehow. And even though I strongly believe they won't put him in the minors let's say they do. That gives them seven million in cap space to sign ten guys. They're still completely effed. They can't give Niemi, Ladd, and Hjalmarsson any kind of raise AND they can't afford to bring up their young talent like Beach. Yeah their first two lines are going to be awesome but their defense will be paper thin and their goaltending will be completely suspect. And if anybody at all gets hurt they can't bring anybody up because it will put them over the cap. How on Earth can you claim "(You are) sure something can be done."?

As for next year when Carter's contract is up only Handzus' contract is up. Stoll is signed for the 11-12 season.

Chicago has $6 million in cap space right now with 13 players signed. Lose Huet and they have $11.6 million to sign 10 or 11 players. Move Versteeg and that's $3 million more.

Also, a lot of people were saying that Chicago would get fleeced in these salary dumps, yet they got what they wanted, a 1st round pick and then some. They are going to have a lot of prospects available to use or trade in a few years.

http://www.capgeek.com/charts.php?Te...ary_cap_thou=4

Sydor25 is offline  
Old
06-24-2010, 11:48 AM
  #49
Youngblood93
Registered User
 
Youngblood93's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Los Angeles
Country: United States
Posts: 1,962
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydor25 View Post
The Eklund "Kovalchuk's rights to LA" makes a lot more sense now. He's the only one left.
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnjm22 View Post
Thank god. Now Dean can't sign him.
Oh yeah, Kovy's coming to LA. Lets have a parade for him.

Youngblood93 is offline  
Old
06-24-2010, 11:50 AM
  #50
nki
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 2,281
vCash: 500
Frolov is now what, the second best UFA forward? I'm starting to think we should bring him back after all.

nki is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:55 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.