HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Official Rumor Thread--Kings Rumor Mill V

Closed Thread

Old
06-24-2010, 02:34 AM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DAkings20 View Post
is hockeybuzz down for anyone else?
Looks like I'm not the only person who is blessed by this great fortune.

To add to that... the Kings official page is also down. Hmm...

Old
06-24-2010, 02:43 AM
Mike The Franchise

i just went to hockeybuzz and it worked just fine for me

Old
06-24-2010, 02:57 AM
silverstick

works for me too, although Barry's claim of a blockbuster happening i am not buying

Old
06-24-2010, 03:04 AM
Mike The Franchise

They got the
Big Buff trade right lets just hope there on fire and get the rumour of obtaining Kovy's rights right.

Old
06-24-2010, 06:27 AM
BigBrown
They did it again!

• Expect Drew Doughty's agent, Don Meehan, to chat with Kings GM Dean Lombardi over the next few days in Los Angeles. Doughty has one more year left on his entry-level deal, but Lombardi wants to lock him up long-term this summer. We'll see if both sides find a fit.

"Obviously, I would love for that to happen. I would love to sign a deal in L.A. again," Doughty told ESPN.com on Wednesday. "I love playing in L.A., but nothing has happened yet and I'm just waiting in the weeds and seeing what happens."

Source: http://espn.go.com/nhl/blog/_/name/l...al-no-truth-it

Please Drew, don't rob us blind but even if you do you'll probably be worth it.

Old
06-24-2010, 07:47 AM
Sydor25
LA Kings

Send a message via ICQ to Sydor25
Doughty will be worth whatever he makes. With the cap continuing to grow, his deal will look better with age.

Hopefully it will start low and end high so that the cap hit is lower.

Old
06-24-2010, 08:16 AM
kingsholygrail
Career Worst Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBrown View Post
• Expect Drew Doughty's agent, Don Meehan, to chat with Kings GM Dean Lombardi over the next few days in Los Angeles. Doughty has one more year left on his entry-level deal, but Lombardi wants to lock him up long-term this summer. We'll see if both sides find a fit.

"Obviously, I would love for that to happen. I would love to sign a deal in L.A. again," Doughty told ESPN.com on Wednesday. "I love playing in L.A., but nothing has happened yet and I'm just waiting in the weeds and seeing what happens."

Source: http://espn.go.com/nhl/blog/_/name/l...al-no-truth-it

Please Drew, don't rob us blind but even if you do you'll probably be worth it.
Waiting in the weeds huh?

Old
06-24-2010, 08:33 AM
CASUAL KEV
Jack Adams™

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydor25 View Post
Doughty will be worth whatever he makes. With the cap continuing to grow, his deal will look better with age.

Hopefully it will start low and end high so that the cap hit is lower.
Hey just browsin the Kings forum..
The cap hit stays the same no matter how much a player makes per year. He could be paid 10 million in the first year of the deal. Lets say the deal is 6 yrs $36 million. They take the average which would be 6m cap hit no matter how much he is actually paid that year.

Old
06-24-2010, 08:37 AM
Sydor25
LA Kings

I was talking about the salary starting low. I know how the cap works.

Old
06-24-2010, 09:14 AM
RAZZIE King
Los Cucarachas

Quote:
Originally Posted by KopitarFAN View Post
Thought i'd post this since Ek has hit on rumors on back to back days.

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/Eklun...-hours/1/28961
If he's right three times in a week...it might be a sign of Armageddon...

Old
06-24-2010, 09:30 AM
Dave in LA
Chick Magnet

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnjm22 View Post
Quick certainly hasn't proven himself to be better than Nabokov, Turco, Theodore, Biron, Mason or Ellis. Other UFA goaltenders are debatable.

But the point is, is that there are plenty of goaltending options, and it doesn't make much sense for a team to give assets in to acquire Quick.

Biron makes much more sense for Philly.
Quick has only played 1.5 seasons as a pro. The above mentioned have been pros for a long, long time. Give the kid a break.

Classic "What have you done for me lately" crap.

Old
06-24-2010, 10:14 AM
Youngblood93

I am having a hard time buying these Quick rumors unless it was for Carter. I know that the Kings shouldn't trade Quick because Bernier hasn't proved anything in the NHL.

Could you imangine a 1a 1b center combo of Kopitar and Carter and then have Kovy on the LW of one of them? That's some serious offense.

That being said, I'd be shocked if DL trades Quick.

Old
06-24-2010, 10:33 AM
BigBrown
They did it again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Youngblood93 View Post
I am having a hard time buying these Quick rumors unless it was for Carter. I know that the Kings shouldn't trade Quick because Bernier hasn't proved anything in the NHL.

Could you imangine a 1a 1b center combo of Kopitar and Carter and then have Kovy on the LW of one of them? That's some serious offense.

That being said, I'd be shocked if DL trades Quick.
That'd be an incredible offense... But if we get Carter we won't be getting Kovalchuk unless he signs for an absurdly low amount. Carter is already making $5M and will be looking a raise next summer. There is only so much salary to go around.

Old
06-24-2010, 11:12 AM
Tadite

I'm in no way a fan of Quick.

I do, however, think that the chances of trading him now are extremly unlikely. For all Bernier has done it isn't a sure thing that he is going to walk into the NHL and be good. We need to let them fight it out and then we find out which we keep for the long-run.

Old
06-24-2010, 11:16 AM
Youngblood93

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBrown View Post
That'd be an incredible offense... But if we get Carter we won't be getting Kovalchuk unless he signs for an absurdly low amount. Carter is already making $5M and will be looking a raise next summer. There is only so much salary to go around.
I know the numbers don't look like they'd work but I look at CHI and they seem to get it done. I am sure something could be done.

Next year when Carter's due for a new deal, Zus and Williams are off the books and the Kings could trade Smyth

Old
06-24-2010, 11:21 AM
Sydor25
LA Kings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eklund
On Kovalchuk...

* There are rumors Kovalchuk's rights may have actually been acquired or are very close to being acquired by the LA Kings. There are also rumors the Flames have tried to get Ilya's rights as well. The Kings are, and have been the odds on favorite (off and on) to sign Kovalchuk to a new contract since the deadline.

I said I wouldn't get excited for another pending FA rumored to be headed to LA (Chara, Briere, Havlat, Gaborik, etc.), but damn, make it happen Dean!!

Last edited by Sydor25: 06-24-2010 at 11:29 AM.
Old
06-24-2010, 11:29 AM
Sydor25
LA Kings

It could work with Stoll and Quick going the other way:

It may not be Hickey/O'Donnell, but I'm sure the Kings woulnd't need to spend much more than $2.5 million for the 2 defensemen (and there is still $3 million in cap space if needed).

Old
06-24-2010, 11:31 AM
johnjm22

Quote:
I was talking about the salary starting low. I know how the cap works.
Don't you just hate the arrogance of Canadian fans?

Old
06-24-2010, 11:35 AM
johnjm22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave in LA View Post
Quick has only played 1.5 seasons as a pro. The above mentioned have been pros for a long, long time. Give the kid a break.

Classic "What have you done for me lately" crap.
Relax. I didn't say anything bad about Quick. I like Quick.

I was just pointing out that there are a lot of decent goaltending options on the market, so it doesn't make much sense for a team to give up assets to acquire Quick.

Old
06-24-2010, 11:42 AM
Chruceg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Youngblood93 View Post
I know the numbers don't look like they'd work but I look at CHI and they seem to get it done. I am sure something could be done.

Next year when Carter's due for a new deal, Zus and Williams are off the books and the Kings could trade Smyth
I really don't understand how you can say Chicago got it done. I mean they are still only two million under their cap (keep in mind it's different for them because they went over last year) and they have to sign four forwards, four defenseman, and a goalie. The league minimum salary is $500,000. They absolutely have to get rid of Huet somehow. And even though I strongly believe they won't put him in the minors let's say they do. That gives them seven million in cap space to sign ten guys. They're still completely effed. They can't give Niemi, Ladd, and Hjalmarsson any kind of raise AND they can't afford to bring up their young talent like Beach. Yeah their first two lines are going to be awesome but their defense will be paper thin and their goaltending will be completely suspect. And if anybody at all gets hurt they can't bring anybody up because it will put them over the cap. How on Earth can you claim "(You are) sure something can be done."?

As for next year when Carter's contract is up only Handzus' contract is up. Stoll is signed for the 11-12 season.

Old
06-24-2010, 11:43 AM
Sydor25
LA Kings

The Eklund "Kovalchuk's rights to LA" makes a lot more sense now. He's the only one left.

Old
06-24-2010, 11:44 AM
kingsholygrail
Career Worst Year

So the options get smaller for management. Kovy is really the remaining "splash" signing.

Old
06-24-2010, 11:47 AM
Sydor25
LA Kings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chruceg View Post
I really don't understand how you can say Chicago got it done. I mean they are still only two million under their cap (keep in mind it's different for them because they went over last year) and they have to sign four forwards, four defenseman, and a goalie. The league minimum salary is $500,000. They absolutely have to get rid of Huet somehow. And even though I strongly believe they won't put him in the minors let's say they do. That gives them seven million in cap space to sign ten guys. They're still completely effed. They can't give Niemi, Ladd, and Hjalmarsson any kind of raise AND they can't afford to bring up their young talent like Beach. Yeah their first two lines are going to be awesome but their defense will be paper thin and their goaltending will be completely suspect. And if anybody at all gets hurt they can't bring anybody up because it will put them over the cap. How on Earth can you claim "(You are) sure something can be done."?

As for next year when Carter's contract is up only Handzus' contract is up. Stoll is signed for the 11-12 season.

Chicago has $6 million in cap space right now with 13 players signed. Lose Huet and they have $11.6 million to sign 10 or 11 players. Move Versteeg and that's $3 million more.

Also, a lot of people were saying that Chicago would get fleeced in these salary dumps, yet they got what they wanted, a 1st round pick and then some. They are going to have a lot of prospects available to use or trade in a few years.

http://www.capgeek.com/charts.php?Te...ary_cap_thou=4

Old
06-24-2010, 11:48 AM
Youngblood93

Quote:
The Eklund "Kovalchuk's rights to LA" makes a lot more sense now. He's the only one left.
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnjm22 View Post
Thank god. Now Dean can't sign him.
Oh yeah, Kovy's coming to LA. Lets have a parade for him.

Old
06-24-2010, 11:50 AM
nki

Frolov is now what, the second best UFA forward? I'm starting to think we should bring him back after all.

Closed Thread