HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Phoenix Coyotes
Notices

Coyotes Interested in Savard?

Old
06-24-2010, 12:09 PM
Rabbit
Captain Cook

vCash: 500
Coyotes Interested in Savard?

http://www.spectorshockey.net/index....umors&Itemid=4

Quote:
OTTAWA SUN: Bruce Garrioch reports the Blackhawks are looking to move Kris Versteeg, Andrew Ladd and Brian Campbell to free up cap space. It's believed they've been offered a late first rounder and a prospect for Versteeg...Keith Ballard could be the next Florida Panthers to be dealt. The Anaheim Ducks could be a destination...Speculation persists the Bruins could shop Marc Savard. The Phoenix Coyotes might be interested...The Flyers are believed shopping Jeff Carter and might try to use him as bait for a goaltender...The Sharks might target Florida's Tomas Vokoun for a possible trade...Expect the Bruins to move Tim Thomas...If the Senators deal Anton Volchenkov's right before July 1st they'll get a conditional pick next year.
I agree with Spector, I don't think he will accept a trade to come here seeing that he has a NTC, but I don find it interesting that we are rumored to get a notable center.

Rabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2010, 12:18 PM
saf4574

I just don't see it, Savard is scheduled to make 7 mil the next two seasons (10/11 and 11/12) followed by 6.5 (12/13) and 5.0 in the 13/14 season.

saf4574 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2010, 12:32 PM
Rabbit
Captain Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by MN_Hockey_in_AZ View Post
IIRC, his NTC doesn't kick in until July 1, so for the next week Ottawacould deal him to anyone. I think that's why the constant rumors are floating around him right now-if they are serious about trading him and wait until July 1 to pursue offers he can veto a deal. I'd love to see him, but as has been beat into the ground we just don't have enough to get him.
I think you mean Boston, correct?

Old
06-24-2010, 12:33 PM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Is Jovo going the other way? If not, I can't see how this works.

rt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2010, 12:34 PM
Rabbit
Captain Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by rt View Post
Is Jovo going the other way? If not, I can't see how this works.
I just think it is interesting that we are rumored to be in the market for such a player.

Old
06-24-2010, 12:50 PM
GophersGoneWild
Was MN_Hockey_in_AZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by wabbit3119 View Post
I think you mean Boston, correct?
Woops. Savard...Spezza...too many S's. Nevermind that comment, Spezza's NTC doesn't kick in until July 1. Oops. Either way would love to see them here but for both it doesn't make sense.

GophersGoneWild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2010, 01:14 PM
Rabbit
Captain Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by MN_Hockey_in_AZ View Post
Woops. Savard...Spezza...too many S's. Nevermind that comment, Spezza's NTC doesn't kick in until July 1. Oops. Either way would love to see them here but for both it doesn't make sense.
no worries. I just hope this rumor is true, indicating that Don Maloney plans to be pro-active to get us another winner for next season.

Old
06-24-2010, 01:21 PM
wpgyotes
Bye Bryz

The Coyotes might be interested. Might as well take that off-the-cuff remark to the bank. Done deal (e5).

I'd like for it to happen, but again we are hamstrung by our salary cap limitations/ownership uncertainty and can't go free wheeling on the free agent train.

wpgyotes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2010, 01:24 PM
Rabbit
Captain Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by wpgyotes View Post
The Coyotes might be interested. Might as well take that off-the-cuff remark to the bank. Done deal (e5).

I'd like for it to happen, but again we are hamstrung by our salary cap limitations/ownership uncertainty and can't go free wheeling on the free agent train.
Don't mean to go off topic, but Eklund has surprisingly been on fire the past couple trade calls.

Old
06-24-2010, 01:28 PM
wpgyotes
Bye Bryz

Quote:
Don't mean to go off topic, but Eklund has surprisingly been on fire the past couple trade calls.
Apparently he broke the Byfuglien trade? Just when all his credibility had been lost he pulls through. I wonder if he had that keyhole camera installed in Stan Bowman's suite down in Vegas?

wpgyotes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2010, 01:31 PM
Alberta Yote
Nice run

A front loaded to lower the cap hit contract is exactly opposite of what Maloney would be looking for.

There are very few contracts anywhere out there that make less sense for the Coyotes.

Alberta Yote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2010, 01:35 PM
Thor Savage

As a Marc Savard fan he sure is allot of fun to watch play the game. One of the best passers in the NHL if you ask me. He makes his forwards better by making passes that are flat out ridiculous. With that being said, 7 mil for a 32 year old coming off a wicked concussion last year might be a bit steep.

Thor Savage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2010, 03:23 PM
Prentice*

Quote:
http://www.spectorshockey.net/index....umors&Itemid=4

I agree with Spector, I don't think he will accept a trade to come here seeing that he has a NTC, but I don find it interesting that we are rumored to get a notable center.
.....and...that's about the only rumour to be found at this late stage. Maybe Maloney will surprise us.

Prentice* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2010, 03:57 PM
SniperHF
Random Red Couch....

We are for some reason interested in every center that makes 6 million dollars or more a year. I love this new plan.

SniperHF is online now   Reply With Quote